Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Wasteland 2: Post-Apocalypse Spoiler Station

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

:raise:

e: $24? drat, prices have shot right up.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

nftyw posted:

:raise:

e: $24? drat, prices have shot right up.

It is one of those magical 3 1/2 inch kind of 5 1/4 floppies. That makes it more rare and increases the value.

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

Not about animal-ghosts but another possible animal-bug. My sniper friendly-fire exploded my goat. Does your whole animal kingdom turn hostile for that? Cause every turn after that everyone had poo poo accuracy until I found out that my chicken now counted as a nearby enemy interfering with my shooting. Had to put her down as well.

And on weapon-talk, my 10 AP sniper is far more awesome than I expected and I wish I had given more dudes 10 AP. Firing a Bullpup sniper twice a turn so far shows better performance than an M16 burst that usually hardly hits anyway. Coordination is really not a dump stat.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Fleve posted:

And on weapon-talk, my 10 AP sniper is far more awesome than I expected and I wish I had given more dudes 10 AP. Firing a Bullpup sniper twice a turn so far shows better performance than an M16 burst that usually hardly hits anyway. Coordination is really not a dump stat.

Yeah, for a Sniper and Assault Rifle dude 10AP rocks socks. Shooting 2 bursts or 2 sniper shots a round is pretty big.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So is the Provost(and, presumably, the latin sign near him) just some developer in-joke or easter egg? Because he seems completely out of place otherwise.

edit: Latin sign is corrumpitur cor tenebraum. id aspicere, semper id aspicere, est via superandi, id aspice for anyone who cares or who has any idea what it means.

The Insect Court fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Sep 24, 2014

Damegane
May 7, 2013

freshmeat.popsicle posted:

range and muzzle velocity, for one. You should have asked how the 5.56 round supposed to do more damage than a 7.62? Or why both ammo types are in the game but for some reason many guns are using the wrong type. Referring to the M1, Aug, M2, Bren, and BAR using 556 or the SAW using 762. I know the Bren uses .303, but that's closest to 762, and the M2 is a .50 caliber machine gun when they have .50 caliber ammo in the game.... WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO ME?

I'm also annoyed that you get the M16 so early in the game, then find more awesome guns (like the G3, Hk33, FAMAS, etc.) that don't perform as well, making them useless.

If this game is open to modding, you know there'll be an arsenal expansion modpack sometime down the road. New guns and ammo everywhere, all in the correct calibres, even the weird rare as poo poo ones that only a couple of guns use. I'm looking at you, every mod that adds P90 and Five-Seven with their own ammo into a game.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Fleve posted:

Not about animal-ghosts but another possible animal-bug. My sniper friendly-fire exploded my goat. Does your whole animal kingdom turn hostile for that? Cause every turn after that everyone had poo poo accuracy until I found out that my chicken now counted as a nearby enemy interfering with my shooting. Had to put her down as well.

This is hilarious since the enemy close debuff is 'Pressure', so your hardass rangers were being pressured by a chicken :v:

Also Scotchmo with Big Betty is a sight to behold.

ayt
Oct 3, 2013

Fellwenner posted:

Holy crap, my weapons really need to stop jamming. this is getting annoying as poo poo.

Do you have a bunch of low luck characters?

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Big thanks to everyone who explained Darwin's Village to me!

I'm in Los Angeles finally, and having tons of fun. My Energy Weapons character didn't have that much to do for most of the game, but now she's hitting for 300 damage or so a round against the most heavily-armored enemies. I love it! It's pretty awesome that they've managed to come up with an armor system more complex then 'more = better, walk around in full plate mail 24/7 or else'.

One weird bug: every time I exit to the main map, I get teleported back to the main base! Is that happening to everyone else? I thought it was super convenient at first, but now I'm beginning to realize what a nightmare getting to far-off locations is going to be, with each nigh-unavoidable random fight I'm starting to encounter kicking me back to start. Anyone know of a fix?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Fleve posted:

Yeah, that seems to be how it works, the way they're flagged as friend/foe seems to be a bit wonky overall. I've first seen it when Vulture's Cry went rogue for a turn and decided that the best course of action would be to knife the poo poo out of the goat that was following her. All other animals that had been tagging along turned hostile as well and I had to shoot them down, but they still displayed "friendly fire" on every hit.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Sep 24, 2014

Shoefish
Sep 29, 2005
captain haggis mcnipplesworthy
Is there any way of getting rid of the old radiation suit's once you have the +4 version? They're just sitting in my inventory taking up space and i can't sell or drop them. Is this a bug?

Shoefish fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Sep 24, 2014

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
So with all this talk of attributes being super important and the games difficulty ramping up, could someone say if I have a gimped team? I've just finished with the Arg Centre and I'm just going around doing random missions at the moment.

quote:

Alice- Leader/Assault Rifles
Coordination 8
Luck 1+1
Awareness 2
Strength 1
Speed 2
Intelligence 4
Charisma 10

Louise- Blunt Weapons/Animal Whisperer

Coordination 1
Luck 6
Awareness 1+1
Strength 10
Speed 8
Intelligence 1
Charisma 1+1

Ada- Energy Weapons/Toaster Repair/Pretty much everything
Coordination 8
Luck 1
Awareness 5
Strength 1
Speed 2
Intelligence 10
Charisma 1

Gardener- Brawler/Medic
Coordination 1
Luck 3+1
Awareness 3
Strength 6
Speed 10
Intelligence 4
Charisma 1

I haven't had any problems so far, but I'm hesitant to continue if I've got a terrible team. Both Alice and Louise seem to have contributed very little to the team compared to the other two, both in terms of damage dealt and kills. I had thought there would be more attribute checks like in the Fallout games but I haven't come across any yet.

Also, I think the combat is super fun but then again I also liked Fallout's combat a lot.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
As the game progresses I find myself using M16s exclusively, nothing else in Arizona comes close. Occasionally the Meson Canon or the odd grenade to mix it up or a rocket to get rid of the weight.
The damage on that thing should be toned down a bit, even an AK-47 is a downgrade and it uses the way more expensive 7.62mm.

Here is a list of pointless skills to avoid:
Brawling, Blunt, Bladed, SMG, Heavy Weapons, Barter (lol nerfed to 10%, multiplicative)

Shotguns are optional, the Over/Under is not bad for the AP cost and 4 pen. Pistols and Snipers are decent but Assaults are just straight better.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Sep 24, 2014

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
After some brief googling trying to figure out the solution to a quest I was stuck on, I stumbled across http://www.rpguides.de/wasteland-2/ which seems to be pretty comprehensive compared to other sites. The downside is that it's in some crazy non-American moon language, but if you can deal with google translate's mangling of grammar it's very usable.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Sell broken weapon parts without a second thought, right?

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Sep 24, 2014

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Rinkles posted:

Yes, but only to the quartermaster at Ranger Citadel.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Only to the quartermaster in the citadel, he pays 700 for a 50-stack.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
Other things to keep for people at the Citadel: poo poo (As in: Pigeon, pig, cow etc), painkillers

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Shoefish posted:

Is there any way of getting rid of the old radiation suit's once you have the +4 version? They're just sitting in my inventory taking up space and i can't sell or drop them. Is this a bug?

Put them in your Ranger Citadel storage locker.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Thanks

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Chatrapati posted:

So with all this talk of attributes being super important and the games difficulty ramping up, could someone say if I have a gimped team? I've just finished with the Arg Centre and I'm just going around doing random missions at the moment.

I haven't had any problems so far, but I'm hesitant to continue if I've got a terrible team. Both Alice and Louise seem to have contributed very little to the team compared to the other two, both in terms of damage dealt and kills. I had thought there would be more attribute checks like in the Fallout games but I haven't come across any yet.

Also, I think the combat is super fun but then again I also liked Fallout's combat a lot.

Uhhh, yeah, this setup is... pretty suboptimal. It might work as a gimmick run, but you're going to miss out on a LOT of stuff. Demolitions, Safecracking, Lockpicking and Comp Sci are REALLY important, having them all on one character is frankly a really bad idea, unless you're super good at balancing what to buy levels in and when most containers are going to be literally impossible to open.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

BULBASAUR posted:

Wasteland 2: Post-Apocalypse Spoiler Station
Yeah it just got worse in the last day seemingly. Now I have actually seen something even skimming that I am annoyed to have learned. GET YER SPOILER TAGS IN ORDER Y'ALL

Basically if it is something about a specific NPC or event, particularly if something that you could not encounter within like five minutes of the game starting, then spoiler it. If it is about an area post-Arizona, you might want to spoiler it too, though obviously saying where it is is fine.

Certainly a lot of people are doing well with this, though, so that is nice.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I love this game a lot, but holy poo poo, Canyon of Titan is a garbage pile of bugs.

Like, gamebreaking bugs... and I don't know if it's intended or not, but I can't save the game after getting a monk follower.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I've just met you Quarex and you have a quest too!
Are there any other goons in this?

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
I'm annoyed that I have to Flag Junk As Junk. The item description are funny and all, but it's just annoying to have to manually flag them so they won't clutter my inventory. And if you don't flag them as junk they are still selected when you click "Sell all junk" at a vendor. Maybe once I flagged an item as junk, automatically do that every time I loot a copy of that item?

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Well I finished it. Overall I thought it was pretty great, but there were some pretty glaring issues.

The final fight Kind of sucks. I mean it's appropriate from a thematic standpoint, especially given the distributed nature of the AI, but with the multiple waves that spawn, I was concerned it was an infinite spawning situation, and tried to book it to the computer consoles in the hope of stopping them. Nope though, just shoot all the cyberdemons.

Ran into a great deal of bugs, but I'll give some of that a pass because I was playing from an alpha save. For example the ending slides didn't quite jive with some of my actions, and the whole hostage bug which I'm sure has been mentioned.

Ran into a lot of issues with weight management, couldn't figure out how to get rid of the old radiation suits which took up a lot of weight, because they're marked as quest and all. Didn't see a designated storage place in CA.

Even though some quests were brought down by bugs, overall I think the quest design is very good. Choices overall made sense, and the dialogue for the most part was very good.

Did anybody else notice that Mechanical repair wound up being essentially worthless? It's like they forgot to put in things to repair, especially in CA.

I really didn't like how you only have one shot to do the Kiss/Hard/Smart rear end dialogue options. I also question the logic of having the highest checks in the game be in Angel Oracle, which isn't too far away from when you first get to CA.

Also way, way too many safes & crates, especially given usual the lack of valuables in either.

Also the loot auto distribute button should be changed to check what type of ammo each char is using, and distribute it accordingly. :colbert:

All this said though, this is, without question, the Fallout 2 of our age, in terms of tone and camp.

I will however be holding off until I see a patch or two before I start my next playthrough.

CA quest questions:

Did anyone figure out how to get the Mannerites to not be cannibals? Or the deal with the slender broken man?

Also the two SA references I found were pretty great. Toxx Claws, heh.

E: In a way, it's even more appropriate, because SA goons are the Desert Rangers of the internet.

Sardonik fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 24, 2014

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
Yay, Darwin Village:

Went in, cured most of the zombies, Jan is still hostile and initiates combat when I try to turn the quest in.

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

The M16 seems to have a hidden 'recoil' kind-of penalty. Every other assault rifle I got has relatively benign burst accuracy penalties. The FAMAS goes from 76% to 71%, the HK33 from 78% to 73%, but the M16 goes from 96% to 61%. On a character that already only has 8 or 9 AP and not Angie-type AR skills/coordination stats, an M16 burst usually just whiffs over doing nothing.

Still, even a single shot from the M16 deals absurd damage.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Anyone found a use for the Display Screen quest item you find in Darwin?
I wanna get rid of those 4 pounds if it opens some door I hacked 12 hours ago :smith:

\/ hey now the use for the hemorrhoid lotion was pretty funny

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Sep 24, 2014

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
There are so many white items in the game that may or may not be used in some sort of hidden fetch quest that lugging them around is a chore. I've decided to just sell everything that I can because there don't seem to be worthwhile quest rewards anyway - You either get a paltry amount of scrap, exp or MAYBE a gun that you could just buy anyway.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
Still in the early early game but I'm getting better I guess. Highpool is the bane of my existence: I have to restore the power to put the transmitter in the radio, but I don't think it's possible? It says I need to fix the irrigation system and talk to Kate Preston. I've done that quest, the lights are on, the town is saved, Kate is mayor and I've exhausted her dialogue options but I still can't put the repeater in.

For those of you struggling through the early game like me: I really think the starter weapons are deliberately extra-lovely. Upgrading the starter sniper rifle to the first one you can possibly buy changed my sniper character from "mediocre" to "carrying me through encounters".

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Red Crown posted:

Still in the early early game but I'm getting better I guess. Highpool is the bane of my existence: I have to restore the power to put the transmitter in the radio, but I don't think it's possible? It says I need to fix the irrigation system and talk to Kate Preston. I've done that quest, the lights are on, the town is saved, Kate is mayor and I've exhausted her dialogue options but I still can't put the repeater in.

For those of you struggling through the early game like me: I really think the starter weapons are deliberately extra-lovely. Upgrading the starter sniper rifle to the first one you can possibly buy changed my sniper character from "mediocre" to "carrying me through encounters".

In one of the water chambers (number 6 I think) is a switch or two you need to flip.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Can I just say that Scotchmo has the best contextual dialogue?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Helith posted:

A couple people in the Kickstarter mentioned donating $1,000 to make it into the game, but it seems they were not too interested in sharing their eventual character names. Whereas I was so excited to get my pledge cranked up to a ridiculous level that I talk about being in the game constantly. Well self-consciously constantly anyway.

There is a chance I am the only one with a quest just because I am a jerk and was put in the game early-on by Brian Fargo personally. But I have no idea honestly, I have not even played enough to run into myself yet :(

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Kurtofan posted:

Can I just say that Scotchmo has the best contextual dialogue?
Especially the quest where having him gives you a terrific auto-solution.

Scotchmo is pretty much the best companion. His ending slide. :allears:

Not since that one deus ex mod have I seen a more glorious king of the hobos. :911:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Is everybody supposed to be dead at the Prison if you do Damota first and then try to go back to the Ranger Center? Seems a bit odd.

Yes. Or, well, I'm not sure if “supposed to be” is the right term, but they are.

As far as I can tell, it happens when you return from Demonta and get the “check out the prison” radio call. It probably sets off another timer or do-or-don't trigger similar to Highpool/Ag Center so that, if you don't proceed directly to the prison to finish it off, the Scorpions will have taken over and slaughtered everyone while you were fannying about elsewhere. Since the enemy placement looks fairly deliberate, I'm guessing that it is indeed intended to be one of those semi-hidden choices you make.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Quarex posted:

There is a chance I am the only one with a quest just because I am a jerk and was put in the game early-on by Brian Fargo personally. But I have no idea honestly, I have not even played enough to run into myself yet :(

I at least heard you on the radio.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Helith posted:

Pretty sure the Diamondback Militia is the entirety of TFR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Is "weighed down" just there to let you know you're getting there or does it have its own penalties?

• Locked thread