Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am amazed it took that long for someone to sincerely respond to Dias' post with something like that considering that I'm sure someone from the WDS2 thread does post here too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I didn't know it was this bad in the Walking Deads, guys. Sorry.

Woolie. Woolie. You have a secondary weapon. Use it on the stones. Not the big badass sword. Use the mace. Also, as someone that didn't get too far into DS2, there's a lot of humanoid bosses with the same moveset in that game, huh? Wide swing combo, lunge, big overhead, maybe a powerup animation or a close range AoE.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Dias posted:

there's a lot of humanoid bosses with the same moveset in that game, huh? Wide swing combo, lunge, big overhead, maybe a powerup animation or a close range AoE.

This is every boss, period. Human or Dragon or beast. It was the same in DS1 with non-humans, about how all of them pretty much had the same pattern with variance on size. The only difference is the design and why people have more forgiven for bosses like the 4 Kings because of The Lore (even though it was pretty lovely and easy.)

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Am I the only fan of the boys who couldn't give less of a poo poo about either Dark Souls II or The Walking Dead?

Ninja Edit: Just about to wrap up the podcast. Pat summed up my thoughts about raids in MMOs perfectly. Hearing "DKP" again made me wince. gently caress all that poo poo. That's just one of the many reasons why World of Warcraft was both my first and last MMO game.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 24, 2014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ending the episode without beating the boss is goddamn sacrilegious.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Don't listen to Pat, Matt. Archie comics are a far more engrossing experience than Dark Souls. I mean remember that time that he had promised to take Betty out but made a date with Veronica and had to take them both to the SAME restaurant. I MEAN WHATS A GUY GONNA DO?!?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
But seriously though, Life with Archie: the Married Life (both versions of betty and veronica) is legitimately incredibly good. Like, I was really shocked by how mature and interesting that series was. They actually push the stories of everyone forward and takes them in directions nobody was expecting at all. Moose becomes mayor, Lodge tries to turn Pops into a mall and does shady corruption dealings, Archie becomes a failed musician, The teacher lady dies of cancer. It's pretty great.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 24, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Depths posted:

It's actually super entertaining, throw everyone under the bus

I seriously can't stop laughing at them wanting everyone but Clem and the autistic(?) girl and maybe that girl's dad to die. Like, they're on a murder spree and it's the best.

If you didn't love their pure glee at being able to throw Kumail Nanjiani under the bus I don't know why you're even here.

"YEA HE DIDN'T SHOW US!"

Al-Saqr posted:

But seriously though, Life with Archie: the Married Life (both versions of betty and veronica) is legitimately incredibly good. Like, I was really shocked by how mature and interesting that series was. They actually push the stories of everyone forward and takes them in directions nobody was expecting at all. Moose becomes mayor, Lodge tries to turn Pops into a mall and does shady corruption dealings, Archie becomes a failed musician, The teacher lady dies of cancer. It's pretty great.

Just for shits and giggles I got this like, big mega comic about the Death of Archie and it had a total recap of the comics up to it and it's like, crazy poo poo that sounds like a soap opera and I kinda wanna buy Archie comics help am I my grandpa????

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Probably what I enjoy the most is how they were so happy to see Luke and see YEAH I'M GONNA HUG YOU LUKE gently caress KENNY.

Also I enjoy how they are making Clem to be such a dick.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tatum Girlparts posted:

If you didn't love their pure glee at being able to throw Kumail Nanjiani under the bus I don't know why you're even here.

"YEA HE DIDN'T SHOW US!"

Why do you feel so little compassion towards Kumail Nanjiani :smith:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dias posted:

I love the guy but come on, his really tired pleading voice is too funny not to want more of.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

When I don't like one of their ongoing series I just don't watch it and if I need SBFZ I either wait for something else to be uploaded that's more to my tastes or rewatch something they already did- I just rewatched their Revengeance playthrough and man I just never get tired of seeing people react to that game. Pat is having such a blast all throughout and I love his enthusiastic "OoooOOo!" whenever he gets a new item or weapon :allears:

Valen
Oct 1, 2009

Dias posted:

Snitches get stitches. And he's gonna need a whole lot of them. :colbert:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The moments where something awesome happens and everyone in the room goes OOOOOOOGGGGHHHHH are probably the best part of the best friends videos.

edit: I think I have made a post similar to this in the past but it bears repeating regardless.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Nah, the best moments is every one of them calling bullshit on something like the Matrix Indigo Prophecy scene or the two indians showing up at the end of a Beyond Two Souls chapter when they clearly died.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I propose a compromise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQZnIUqxH70&t=750s

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Best BF LP is Barkley. Liam/Pat is the secret dream team.

Trexy
Aug 7, 2007

wife/GF
can't/won't

Charles Martel posted:

Pat summed up my thoughts about raids in MMOs perfectly. Hearing "DKP" again made me wince. gently caress all that poo poo. That's just one of the many reasons why World of Warcraft was both my first and last MMO game.

I feel like they're getting deliberately misconstrued in a lot of cases. It's 10 years later and people still use that soundclip/ytmnd to dismiss what is essentially just participation points. Which is kind of besides the point as barely any guilds bother using DKP anymore. Most just use an open /roll system.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Trexy posted:

I feel like they're getting deliberately misconstrued in a lot of cases. It's 10 years later and people still use that soundclip/ytmnd to dismiss what is essentially just participation points. Which is kind of besides the point as barely any guilds bother using DKP anymore. Most just use an open /roll system.

Also most good MMO's have basically said "gently caress everything about that" and use entirely different, less lovely systems. The Best friends have the same problem a lot of people do about MMO's where WoW is the only one they really know and assume everything's the same. Which is a safe bet, since for a long long while every new MMO was a WoW clone.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

beep by grandpa posted:

When I don't like one of their ongoing series I just don't watch it and if I need SBFZ I either wait for something else to be uploaded that's more to my tastes or rewatch something they already did- I just rewatched their Revengeance playthrough and man I just never get tired of seeing people react to that game. Pat is having such a blast all throughout and I love his enthusiastic "OoooOOo!" whenever he gets a new item or weapon :allears:

I really loved the Revengeance playthrough up to when they got to Denver and had both obviously played through the game off camera, and were just playing up reactions for the camera. Really wish we could have gotten genuine reactions to Armstrong.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Does the audio quality on this week's podcast improve later on or does the entire episode sound like it was recorded in a tin can?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Charles Martel posted:

Am I the only fan of the boys who couldn't give less of a poo poo about either Dark Souls II or The Walking Dead?

Ninja Edit: Just about to wrap up the podcast. Pat summed up my thoughts about raids in MMOs perfectly. Hearing "DKP" again made me wince. gently caress all that poo poo. That's just one of the many reasons why World of Warcraft was both my first and last MMO game.

Nope, I'm put off by Dark Souls 2 completely because of the fanbase, and I've yet to play TWD S2 so I'm avoiding that one also. Liam mentioned a Guacamelee playthrough being uploaded on the podcast...that is gonna own.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

Does the audio quality on this week's podcast improve later on or does the entire episode sound like it was recorded in a tin can?

Nope. Just the start for some reason.

Trexy
Aug 7, 2007

wife/GF
can't/won't

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also most good MMO's have basically said "gently caress everything about that" and use entirely different, less lovely systems. The Best friends have the same problem a lot of people do about MMO's where WoW is the only one they really know and assume everything's the same. Which is a safe bet, since for a long long while every new MMO was a WoW clone.

Giant Bomb just did a video series a little while back that basically just confirmed people who only played WoW at launch have no idea what a mmo is anymore.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Trexy posted:

Giant Bomb just did a video series a little while back that basically just confirmed people who only played WoW at launch have no idea what a mmo is anymore.

I can help those people: All MMOs are terrible pieces of poo poo.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Andrast posted:

I can help those people: All MMOs are terrible pieces of poo poo.

Nah some are pretty okay.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
The only good MMO was city of heroes and now it's dead. Honourable mention to guild wars 1 and 2 too i guess.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

AXE COP posted:

The only good MMO was city of heroes and now it's dead. Honourable mention to guild wars 1 and 2 too i guess.

Guild Wars 2 was ruined by literally everything they've done post launch. God those new story lines are the worst.

FF14:ARR is actually pretty great as well.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TechnoSyndrome posted:

I really loved the Revengeance playthrough up to when they got to Denver and had both obviously played through the game off camera, and were just playing up reactions for the camera. Really wish we could have gotten genuine reactions to Armstrong.

And this conspiracy is based on?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nah some are pretty okay.

Nope

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

CJacobs posted:

The moments where something awesome happens and everyone in the room goes OOOOOOOGGGGHHHHH are probably the best part of the best friends videos.

edit: I think I have made a post similar to this in the past but it bears repeating regardless.

This is why the Nintendo E3 video has taken over as my new favorite Best Friend video because it's just a nonstop stream of UGGGGGGGGGGHYEEEEEEEEEEEES! Especially Pat and Matt's complete in awe face for Zelda and Woolie's near heart attack when he thought Xenoblade was Metroid.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Rodyle posted:

And this conspiracy is based on?

Well first off I think they've outright said so before. Secondly Pat instantly knows the locations of all the health upgrades, always knows exactly what to do, and their reactions don't sound the way they did in the early episodes or later DLC ones, and they also pay less attention to the game because they've already seen it before. There's one point in the chapter where you escape from Denver where Pat's listening to a codec call after the first fight, and the instant it ends he does a complete 180 and immediately runs to the hidden health pick-up.

TechnoSyndrome fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 24, 2014

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

Commissar Ken posted:

This is why the Nintendo E3 video has taken over as my new favorite Best Friend video because it's just a nonstop stream of UGGGGGGGGGGHYEEEEEEEEEEEES! Especially Pat and Matt's complete in awe face for Zelda and Woolie's near heart attack when he thought Xenoblade was Metroid.

The best part of that was the start, with the Iwata vs Reggie fight and them freaking out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don't even watch the walking dead videos, but it is far more heated than dark souls, somehow in the comments.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

AXE COP posted:

Planetside 1 might just have been the best videogame ever made in its glory days. Absolutely nothing compared to the massive army-scale assaults on bases with your teammates. That it actually worked despite everything else wrong about Planetside was a miracle in and of itself.
Yep

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Well first off I think they've outright said so before. Secondly Pat instantly knows the locations of all the health upgrades, always knows exactly what to do, and their reactions don't sound the way they did in the early episodes or later DLC ones, and they also pay less attention to the game because they've already seen it before. There's one point in the chapter where you escape from Denver where Pat's listening to a codec call after the first fight, and the instant it ends he does a complete 180 and immediately runs to the hidden health pick-up.

What about the time when they took a while to realize how to deal with Monsoon's gimmick?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The only good MMO is *my favorite MMO* and all the other MMOs are bad because I say so!!

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Strange Quark posted:

What about the time when they took a while to realize how to deal with Monsoon's gimmick?

Which is before the escape from Denver sequence, which is when TechnoSyndrome said that they started playing ahead off-camera before recording.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Which is before the escape from Denver sequence, which is when TechnoSyndrome said that they started playing ahead off-camera before recording.

But he didn't say escape from Denver.

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Strange Quark posted:

But he didn't say escape from Denver.

Okay, then I just completely misread his original post. My mistake.