Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Well first off I think they've outright said so before. Secondly Pat instantly knows the locations of all the health upgrades, always knows exactly what to do, and their reactions don't sound the way they did in the early episodes or later DLC ones, and they also pay less attention to the game because they've already seen it before. There's one point in the chapter where you escape from Denver where Pat's listening to a codec call after the first fight, and the instant it ends he does a complete 180 and immediately runs to the hidden health pick-up.

Yeah I noticed they clearly offscreened the game's playthrough as well. The most telling instance by far was when they're about to do the the refights against Monsoon and Mistral and right before going into through the door, Pat stops and equips the electromagnetic or whatever grenade. An item he literally never used once ever and is only really good against Monsoon.

found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEbXafeTKiw&t=959s

Still a great playthrough, hypest splash screen art ever and I can't blame the boys for not wanting to look like scrubs playing a PlatinumGames release in front of the internet :shobon:

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

CJacobs posted:

The only good MMO is *my favorite MMO* and all the other MMOs are bad because I say so!!

the only good mmo is a dead mmo

so basically all of them

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Remind me not to look at the comments for Walking Dead anymore.

Jeez. It's a video game people, and not a super great one at that (compared to the first season) the choices are weaker, the writing is far worse, and is so much less emotionally involving. Don't know why people are getting so upset about every single choice that's made.

EDIT: For MGR...yeah, we COULDN'T resist, and basically both beat the game before we had finished the LP video series. To be honest, I think it's one of our weakest LPs, and taught us how we should never both have beaten a game if we are to do an LP of it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

EDIT: For MGR...yeah, we COULDN'T resist, and basically both beat the game before we had finished the LP video series. To be honest, I think it's one of our weakest LPs, and taught us how we should never both have beaten a game if we are to do an LP of it.

I think it's fine if you both beat it as long as you aren't relying on hype reactions for content (playing a game that's all about the crazy surprising poo poo going off all the time). I mean, RE2 was pretty good and I hope I'm not wrong in assuming you probably had played the game before the LP, right? Although I suppose your LP "format" works better with one going in blind and one being a knowledgable (arguably, Pat) guide/player. I guess that's one of the benefits of being a LP group, you can have the blind reactions plus competent gameplay without the blind confusion and competent blandness.

(i'm sorry about the walking deads)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The only bad thing if everyone is in the know is there will be a moment that one slips a comment that spoils the whole game. It didn't matter in the Indigo Prophecy because you guys kept pretty reserved.

Heavy Rain though, Pat hosed up. Good job, Pat.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

TheRealestMatt posted:

EDIT: For MGR...yeah, we COULDN'T resist

Anyone who blames you just doesn't understand. You don't just stop playing MGR.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

TheRealestMatt posted:

I was always wondering why there was almost no MGR in the 2013 highlight real, now I get it. Were the Jetstream Sam / Blade Wolf DLCs fresh though? That Woolie "Combination Complete" moment is one of the best ever.

Also, you live up to your username :patriot:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Trexy posted:

Giant Bomb just did a video series a little while back that basically just confirmed people who only played WoW at launch have no idea what a mmo is anymore.

If that's the case, I'm glad to have an outdated opinion, but I just can't bring myself to play them anymore because of the vanilla/pre-expansion WoW days. I can't pay a monthly fee for a game that doesn't end and has you endlessly running on a hamster wheel to go raid for slightly better gear to go on more raids to get more pieces of slightly better gear...repeat ad nauseum. I didn't even get a character to level 60 because of this and just played in Arathi Basin with my Level 53 rogue until I completely burned out on the game.

On one hand, I should have stuck to my guns with Guild Wars back in 2004, but on the other hand, now I have a strong defense that prevents me from getting suckered into an MMO. Games like Destiny though are a different story, and I've always wanted to try Planetside.

TheRealestMatt posted:

C'mon, man. Not reading the comments section is like How To YouTube 101. :v:

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 25, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I actually gave up on the game around where the guys just hit because I was so bored with the lovely choices and all, so now I'm eager to see what other cliche EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE GUYS EVERYTHING SO SAD things they cram in.

It really bums me out because Season 1 was, to me at least, totally deserving of the massive jerkoff session it got, but S2 has poo poo like Clem just hacking arms off mid zombie fight (I know I said I like her being a badass but there's a line between badass and just straight up bullshit bad anime hero) and constant "HEY GUYS WE'RE SAYING HOW NICE AND SWEET THIS PERSON IS, WATCH EM DIE THIS EPISODE" bad writing. Season 1 only really had that with Ben having his big 'oh god I'm so sad and terrible' breakdown a scene before his death and even then that kinda worked because yea no poo poo the whipping boy exploded after a while, you kinda need to have that moment.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I actually gave up on the game around where the guys just hit because I was so bored with the lovely choices and all, so now I'm eager to see what other cliche EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE GUYS EVERYTHING SO SAD things they cram in.

It really bums me out because Season 1 was, to me at least, totally deserving of the massive jerkoff session it got, but S2 has poo poo like Clem just hacking arms off mid zombie fight (I know I said I like her being a badass but there's a line between badass and just straight up bullshit bad anime hero) and constant "HEY GUYS WE'RE SAYING HOW NICE AND SWEET THIS PERSON IS, WATCH EM DIE THIS EPISODE" bad writing. Season 1 only really had that with Ben having his big 'oh god I'm so sad and terrible' breakdown a scene before his death and even then that kinda worked because yea no poo poo the whipping boy exploded after a while, you kinda need to have that moment.

This kind of makes me think about how the long term zombie apocalypse narrative for the Walking Dead (comics, tv show, game) seems to start up at a high and then kind of trickles slowly down from there. The losses and emotional turmoil are much more effective in the beginning because we see the process of decay, but with Season 2 of the game, it's like you said; poo poo going to poo poo because why not, more misery and everything is terrible.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm still enjoying DS2, but Pat, Woolie, come on. Did we really need like 10+ minutes of leveling and doing other housekeeping poo poo around Majula in a 30 minute video when we could be getting to the last 3rd of the game? :v:

Not that big a deal or anything, just a thought.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Compendium posted:

This kind of makes me think about how the long term zombie apocalypse narrative for the Walking Dead (comics, tv show, game) seems to start up at a high and then kind of trickles slowly down from there. The losses and emotional turmoil are much more effective in the beginning because we see the process of decay, but with Season 2 of the game, it's like you said; poo poo going to poo poo because why not, more misery and everything is terrible.

The comics at least have interesting bits of like 'hey let's see how society tries to rebuild' and all sprinkled in, and yea of course there are crazy cults and poo poo but there's kinda also just like, normal people trying not to get their assholes bit. The games and shows are terrible at showing that aspect. It gets to the point where, like I'm pretty sure Matt did, as soon as you see another group appear you're going "OH MAN THESE GUYS ARE GONNA FUCKIN BE CANNIBALS OR DICTATORS OR SOMETHING".

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

All of this makes me glad I'm skipping out on the S2 run. Though I did have to pop in just to see the reaction to Kenny's continued existence.

gently caress Kenny.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I like the Season 2 videos, I think they are funny.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I can't lie, I'm just mad THE BOATMASTER didn't happen.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The creepy part is the people getting angry about them being mean to Kenny and not being mean to a literally autistic child.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

TheRealestMatt posted:

Fixed that for you, Matt. That is the only sane option in the Internet.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

The creepy part is the people getting angry about them being mean to Kenny and not being mean to a literally autistic child.

Matt just called out the WDS2 commentary section tho.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
HOW DARE YOU NOT LIKE A FICTIONAL CHARACTER THAT'S BEEN A COMPLETELY IRREDEEMABLE rear end in a top hat ON AT LEAST A DOZEN OCCASIONS IN THE PAST?!?!?? Death to you & your friends & family!!

:jerkbag:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Myself and a buddy went on a Dark Souls 2 bender this past week and while watching some of VaatiVidya's DS2 lore videos it was amusing how much of Pat's lore knowledge is lifted wholesale from them. Like, down to the word. Not making GBS threads on Pat because in my opinion he's being a fantastic guide, but goddamn man.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well it's not like Pat isn't pretty much admitting he's just quoting Vaati and ENB.

Trexy
Aug 7, 2007

wife/GF
can't/won't

Compendium posted:

It's worth mentioning the two guys who were lead designers on season 1 left the company to start their own indy studio.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Trexy posted:

It's worth mentioning the two guys who were lead designers on season 1 left the company to start their own indy studio.

That explains alot.

Hopefully the "A" team at Telltale are working on GoT.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

TheRealestMatt posted:

That explains alot.

Hopefully the "A" team at Telltale are working on GoT.

The A Team are the people that are making Firewatch, IIRC.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
TWD Season 2 is not good, the first two episodes are okay, but right when it gets to the third episode is basically when it starts just making GBS threads the bed badly. I can name multiple things they did with the final three episodes and some of the developers response to how they want you to handle things is really unfortunate.

There's a lovely progression of rear end though, so just when you things can't get more bad then they get more bad.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Since P4U is coming out in like five days, I hope there's a fisticuffs soon after, since you heathens need to realize who the best P4 waifu is :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They won't even be able to get Margaret until a week after the game and none of them are going to play her anyways.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Beef Waifu posted:

They won't even be able to get Margaret until a week after the game and none of them are going to play her anyways.

Every single one of the Best Friends has a garbage tier Persona waifu.

Can't believe they talked poo poo about Ai.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I hope Matt is the only one who's played D4 so far, I want to see some genuine first time reactions to the crazy stuff that happens in that game.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Rhonne posted:

I hope Matt is the only one who's played D4 so far, I want to see some genuine first time reactions to the crazy stuff that happens in that game.

Pat doesn't have an xbone yet so there's a good chance of that.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

http://www.twitch.tv/lordknight/b/571882771

15:30, based damage :v:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Every single one of the Best Friends has a garbage tier Persona waifu.

Can't believe they talked poo poo about Ai.

I still haven't listened to the Persona part of the Persona cast and I probably never will because aside from JoJo talk, I hate listening to them talk about Persona. If any of them were into the Fate series that makes the trifecta of series I really like but hate the fans of.

I didn't say she was bad, she's actually very good and a lot of fun to play, but if they do an episode prior to her coming out it won't matter.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 25, 2014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Personacast was actually pretty good.

Also Woolie's Persona waifu is Chie and that's a correct choice, it's just Pat who has the bad waifu choice.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
New episode of The Walking Deads is out & it's the one where Clem kills Sarita & Kenny is salty about it.

Needless to say, stay away from the comment sections...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

The Personacast was actually pretty good.

Also Woolie's Persona waifu is Chie and that's a correct choice, it's just Pat who has the bad waifu choice.

So does Liam. Woolie may have the correct choice but he's Woolie abou tit.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Chie isn't a bad choice but not the best choice :v:

Anyway, enough messing with waifus, wooly hole time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ddoPRDOADQ

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

dsriggs posted:

New episode of The Walking Deads is out & it's the one where Clem kills Sarita & Kenny is salty about it.

Needless to say, stay away from the comment sections...

Wow I can't believe all their terrible off screen choices off screen murdered Nick. Are they even trying to not play the game???

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Perfect Potato posted:

Wow I can't believe all their terrible off screen choices off screen murdered Nick. Are they even trying to not play the game???

Nick living is a failure of the game designer.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That part is one of the most infuriating things about Walking Dead Season 2 and Telltale by and large.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
People are getting wicked mad about the correct choices that matt & pat are making.