Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I heard the Alison Brie photos were taken during a missing pen search. Confirm/deny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

Ratjaculation posted:

I heard the Alison Brie photos were taken during a missing pen search. Confirm/deny?

gross

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Here is the pic of Brie's boobs:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Or possibly Joel McHale's butt, we can never be sure.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

MikeJF posted:

We can be if someone finds that side-by-side comparing the veins in McHale's rear end there and Brie's cleavage that some insane person made

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

MikeJF posted:

Well, as we know from Britta, he has an unusually high butt crack, so I think we have our answer...

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Could someone put that picture next to one of an egg? If it looks bigger next to the egg, we're definitely in the butt zone.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

swickles posted:

http://i.imgur.com/XdrgzNR.jpg

Sorry guys, just sold this to a Reddit user for $20k.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Fil5000 posted:

Could someone put that picture next to one of an egg? If it looks bigger next to the egg, we're definitely in the butt zone.

No.

Too obscure?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

swickles posted:

I can't believe anyone remembers this.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

MrAristocrates posted:

I can't believe anyone remembers this.

I don't. What/why is it?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Error 404 posted:

I don't. What/why is it?

http://jezebel.com/5848825/play-butt-or-boobies-with-alison-brie-and-joel-mchale/

e: it turns into unrelated bullshit at the end for some reason, whatever, gently caress jezebel

Arist fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 4, 2014

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
http://imgur.com/a/6nHia

Britta: Gassy

:laffo:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRf0rZMb4L4&app=desktop

This is pretty nice

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Community was a lot better when it had this tone. After Season Three it seemed to shift from being a series about a group of misfits finding hope and family to a group of addicts driving each other further down a dark path.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

PriorMarcus posted:

Community was a lot better when it had this tone. After Season Three it seemed to shift from being a series about a group of misfits finding hope and family to a group of addicts driving each other further down a dark path.

If things went well (like the show being supported by the network and not being gutted for not putting up Friends numbers while in the same time slot as the goddamn hypnotoad of sitcoms) then the fourth season could have brought resolution to some issues and show how they've grown as people.

First, let's ask ourselves - "What is a story?"

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

superjew posted:

If things went well (like the show being supported by the network and not being gutted for not putting up Friends numbers while in the same time slot as the goddamn hypnotoad of sitcoms) then the fourth season could have brought resolution to some issues and show how they've grown as people.

First, let's ask ourselves - "What is a story?"

I agree with this. If Season Three had just been a darkness before the dawn, as the ending implied, it would've been awesome, but then Dan was removed and Season Five, when he came back, had to reboot. I do think the way they decided to reboot, where everyone had failed at life and was miserable, was a mistake.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I just marathoned through this thanks to being sick. Kinda wish I'd been there for the first run now, getting to ride the "aww it's cancelled JUST KIDDING HAVE MORE COMMUNITY" wave a few times and seeing the group evolve more naturally would've been cool. The Law and Order spoof was spot on, and the criminology professor guy, while now definitely typecast, was a better fit for the role than his Breaking Bad performance would've suggested. Heck, the only really disappointing thing about the show for me is the swerve away from a Hogan's Heroes send-up back in season 4.

Gotta agree about season 5's opening feeling really forced though. I'm not sure how else do to it though really; after four years you really need a compelling reason for someone to be in community college - still.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Sighence posted:

Kinda wish I'd been there for the first run now, getting to ride the "aww it's cancelled JUST KIDDING HAVE MORE COMMUNITY" wave a few times and seeing the group evolve more naturally would've been cool.

Following this thread in real-time for the past five years has been, for the most part, kinda awful. You're better off getting into it now.

But it's a toss-up, because lots of small details about episodes get posted here that you normally might miss. (See: Abed's cycle tracking of the girls a few posts up)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PriorMarcus posted:

I do think the way they decided to reboot, where everyone had failed at life and was miserable, was a mistake.
I loved that, but I might be in the minority. I wish they hadn't failed to follow through on the pilot. I'd have loved Season 5 of Community to be like Season 4 of Arrested Development.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

FactsAreUseless posted:

I loved that, but I might be in the minority. I wish they hadn't failed to follow through on the pilot. I'd have loved Season 5 of Community to be like Season 4 of Arrested Development.

But it was a giant disappointment!

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

But it was a giant disappointment!

So was that spoiler :(

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I didnt know Let's was more than a community thing???

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I didnt know Let's was more than a community thing???

Now that you know this is a thing you will immediately notice Let's potato chips every time they're in a TV show. You'll be amazed at where you spot them.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
I thought they were a real brand?

Upon further googling, I see I am wrong.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
I think that was one of the only good jokes to come out of Season 4.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

PriorMarcus posted:

I agree with this. If Season Three had just been a darkness before the dawn, as the ending implied, it would've been awesome, but then Dan was removed and Season Five, when he came back, had to reboot. I do think the way they decided to reboot, where everyone had failed at life and was miserable, was a mistake.

Season 4 at least tried to be optimistic, though how successful it proved to be is debatable, and Season Five's return to the darkness felt like a step backwards. There's still some good episodes, but I feel that as a whole they went about it all the wrong way.

Maybe now that they're so close to their goal they'll lighten up a it.

SwimmingSpider fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Sep 15, 2014

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

CaptainHollywood posted:

I think that was one of the only good jokes to come out of Season 4.

Do you mean Season 3? I'm pretty sure this was a tag for Season 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS9zBaBmZxc

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
So, I don't want to alarm anyone - but on the most recent Harmontown, Dan was apparently living in a hotel (with none of his belongings except his laptop) - as he and the bride to be are "taking a break" before their nuptials.

He didn't sound very confident in how he described, (not that he ever, uh, d-d-d-does) - but if Erin leaves him, I imagine he'll go back to his dark hole. From what I can tell, they haven't tweeted at each other, nor did Erin tweet about the most recent Harmontown (which she was not on). So... Yeah.

I'm relatively new to Harmontown, but this behavior strikes me as odd.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Dan is a nasty, anti-social misanthrope. Erin is an impossibly needy manic depressive. Their breakup has been a long time coming.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Tuxedo Jack posted:

So, I don't want to alarm anyone - but on the most recent Harmontown, Dan was apparently living in a hotel (with none of his belongings except his laptop) - as he and the bride to be are "taking a break" before their nuptials.

He didn't sound very confident in how he described, (not that he ever, uh, d-d-d-does) - but if Erin leaves him, I imagine he'll go back to his dark hole. From what I can tell, they haven't tweeted at each other, nor did Erin tweet about the most recent Harmontown (which she was not on). So... Yeah.

Hey, weddings are stressful. From the sounds of it they're just getting some space before the ceremony. Anyways, if you want to talk Dan and his life discussed on Harmontown, then take it to the Harmontown thread.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Hey, weddings are stressful. From the sounds of it they're just getting some space before the ceremony. Anyways, if you want to talk Dan and his life discussed on Harmontown, then take it to the Harmontown thread.

Is there one? My bad.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
You can find it here.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Tuxedo Jack posted:

She skipped a few recent episodes, and he mentioned that she might have been skipping them because she was pissed at him. Also, he commented awhile back on how their couples therapy often teaches him new ways to hurt her feelings.

All in all, they're probably not gonna make it.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

In other news, Community fans are whores and Jason Alexander's presence in season 4 suddenly seems very apropos.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They already broke up and reconciled one time in the past couple years. I kinda feel like they both know what they're getting into at this point.

*continues to speculate on a TV showrunner's relationship status*

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
is she gonna be ERASED from Community?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Gas leak marriage.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

is she gonna be ERASED from Community?

Maybe from Inspector Spacetime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Bown posted:

*continues to speculate on a TV showrunner's relationship status*

I'm going through old Harmontowns and just ran across the one where he talks about owning mannequins and dating a real doll for several months.

Most showrunners aren't this interesting. You think Carlton Cuse or Tim Kring ever hosed a rubber doll for six months?

• Locked thread