Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win it all next year?
This poll is closed.
Spurs 165 32.93%
Thunder 76 15.17%
Clippers 54 10.78%
Warriors 50 9.98%
Rockets 23 4.59%
Lakers 133 26.55%
Total: 501 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

morestuff posted:

He really won't have to do much to replace McRoberts' production (minus the passing).

You do know that McRoberts was like the second best passer in the entire league last year right? That is a big hole to fill.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Any truth to the rumors Cavs want to trade Waiters and a 1st for Hibbert?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I have seen Durant palm a ball on numerous occasions both in photoshoots and in-game.

Darnell Mayberry is kind of an idiot though so this isn't shocking

hitze
Aug 28, 2007

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Rocking the pedostache.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Any truth to the rumors Cavs want to trade Waiters and a 1st for Hibbert?

Since it's not a legal trade all they can do is want. They can't combine their TPE with waiters either. If they really wanted to they would have kept the wonderous and multi-talented Keith Bogans Contract.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The hell?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Never seen that before. That's kinda cool, actually.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Kibner posted:

Never seen that before. That's kinda cool, actually.

Really? I think it's insanely hosed up

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Morris twins missed a prime opportunity to have the same contract total, but alternate cap hits so one is 8 mill and the other has 5, every year.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
Joey Graham was picked before Danny Granger and was really bad, he also had a twin like 3 inches shorter that played with him on the Raptors.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Declan MacManus posted:

Really? I think it's insanely hosed up

Yeah they have basically shifted any feelings of resentment onto each other rather than the organization.

Kind of clever, extremely dickish.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Hibbert to the Cavs would be great for ESPN because he'd be such an easy scapegoat if anything went wrong or a great redemptive story if things went well, no matter how he played.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
LeBron needs to grow out some mutton chops and bring back the full World B Free.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

Hibbert to the Cavs would be great for ESPN because he'd be such an easy scapegoat if anything went wrong or a great redemptive story if things went well, no matter how he played.

The never ending Hibbert trade rumors are odd. On one hand they're believable because his failings are so obvious, on the other hand they're crazy because he's the best rim protector by far, operating in a silly gray area that defines his whole game, and the Pacers would have no identity without him.

The Cavs could desperately use rim protection, but I don't think Dion and the 28th pick are nearly enough.

Actually, the Cavs should have signed Miroslav Raduljica before he went to China. His rim protection numbers were great given that he made the minimum and wouldn't claim much more this year. Better than wasting a roster slot on James Jones.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tae posted:

The hell?

This is the equivalent of the Joker tossing a broken pool cue between two men and telling them there's only one spot in the gang.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

PantsFreeZone posted:

This is the equivalent of the Joker tossing a broken pool cue between two men and telling them there's only one spot in the gang.

Some men just want to watch exactly fifty-two million US dollars burn.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Igor Strelkov posted:

The never ending Hibbert trade rumors are odd. On one hand they're believable because his failings are so obvious, on the other hand they're crazy because he's the best rim protector by far, operating in a silly gray area that defines his whole game, and the Pacers would have no identity without him.

The Cavs could desperately use rim protection, but I don't think Dion and the 28th pick are nearly enough.

Actually, the Cavs should have signed Miroslav Raduljica before he went to China. His rim protection numbers were great given that he made the minimum and wouldn't claim much more this year. Better than wasting a roster slot on James Jones.

He's the best rim protector, and is in a great position with the Pacers being in a conference light on many potent offenses anyway, but he's not protecting it like the golden age big men of the 90s or pre-back injury Howard. It's still important, but I'm not sure if it's really tipping the scales far enough for the Pacers to ever actually win a championship. I think the Pacers feel like they can still defend enough without Hibbert to sacrifice that rim protection for points or reliable PG play, which would mean they wouldn't need the defense as much anyway since they wouldn't be in dire straights when a team crossed the 95 point threshold.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cigar Aficionado posted:

LeBron needs to grow out some mutton chops and bring back the full World B Free.

LeBron should just get the Maurice White September haircut going.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

PantsFreeZone posted:

I concur. What a lovely thing to do by the Suns.

b2n
Dec 29, 2005
Lon Babby being an rear end in a top hat. Water wet

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
If they want to be on the same team that badly, I don't see a problem. The team assigning an explicit value to each could cause lingering bitterness. The brothers doing it themselves lets them feel good about it.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

PantsFreeZone posted:

You do know that McRoberts was like the second best passer in the entire league last year right? That is a big hole to fill.

It's a concern, but now they can use Stephenson as a secondary ball-handler/playmaker and to run the second unit. Also no he wasn't.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Tae posted:

The hell?

Jesus. Someone posted that yesterday and I thought they were just joking.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

It's gonna be fine until they have to trade one but not the other as part of some bigger deal as salary-balancing filler

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Embiid is huge

Also his serious face is hilarious

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I find it odd that you say "We thought these 2 players were worth xx amount". The Suns should try that with two players who aren't twins.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

euphronius posted:

Embiid is huge

Noel's hair adding like eight inches to his height is hilarious.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.

This looks like the last photo taken of Dirk before the Balkan Human Traffickers got to him.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

loving dying at "he's not Dell Curry..." God, I'm so glad the hornets are back. Basketball owns.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

euphronius posted:

Embiid is huge

That's his resting face.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Lockback posted:

I find it odd that you say "We thought these 2 players were worth xx amount". The Suns should try that with two players who aren't twins.

"All right, we're going to spend 100 million on points guards, but we'll let you guys figure it out."

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

On Saturday I'm seeing the Pelicans and Heat play preseason NBA basketball. It's almost the regular season!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Noel's hair adding like eight inches to his height is hilarious.

He's replaced Norris Cole for my favorite NBA hair this season.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Noel has the highest Kin 'n Play of any athlete I can remember.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/franfraschilla/status/516758280392032257

Dean Oliver is going to walk into our front office and ask what the gently caress we did this off-season

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
A defensive front court of Al Jefferson and Marvin Williams will be hilarious.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

MourningView posted:

A defensive front court of Al Jefferson and Marvin Williams will be hilarious.

That's what people said last year about McRoberts/Jefferson, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitze
Aug 28, 2007

• Locked thread