Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Pretty sure Rusev was in the trailer that was just released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Rusev is indeed in the most recent trailer.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

oh ok never mind then

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I hope 2K15 randomizes jobbers with goofy CAW attire in NXT/career mode like the mystery dudes you had to defeat in Smackdown 2.

This was also the best thing about Soul Calibur IV.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
My project is complete. I now have WWE with NXT, CZW, ROH, and PWG in my Universe Mode on 2k14. 100 CAWs, 99 of which are NXT and Indie wrestlers. The last is my new CAW. Woo hoo!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Just in time for 2k15!!!
That's cool though. I started working on a Monday night wars universe mode with a few new guys and legends to spice things up. I set it all up and made it about a month.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

cyberia posted:

I think when you start a KOTR it locks your cards in at the level they're already at. You can train them up and play them in exhibition matches but the increase in XP doesn't get factored into the KOTR. (I know this because I had the same genius idea to scam my way to a KOTR win and it didn't work :( )

I'm going to argue against this, I've been trying the same thing and it's gone pretty well for me, at some points during the 45 games, my win percentage seems to have improved as cards have gone for Level 10 to Level 30 or whatever.

Woke up this morning just after Game #44, only had 20 minutes before having to go to work, managed to get 4 Fitness cards and use them. Come home from work to find that I made the Final. In both of the first to rounds I won against weaker cards, in the second round my opponents topped up and I still came through victorious. That's a pleasant surprise after I thought it was all in vain. Welcome to the team, Del Rio Combined. (I am addicted to this game perhaps more than any other iOS thing.)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I feel like the drop rates on Ultra and Super Rares needs to be increased. There are plenty of possible cards to prevent oversaturation of the best ones, but I'm in Epic+ and have never drawn an Ultra Rare wrestler (all of the ones I have are from KotR). I haven't been in Epic tier long enough to really complain about never drawing an Epic other than my guaranteed one, but it feels like I'm going to be here for a month unless I get REALLY lucky with my KotR draws. I could go the cheese route in UR KotR tier but

A: that basically being the only way to progress is terrible and
B: I don't have the time to constantly farm for energy

It is a frustrating gate for an otherwise awesome game :(

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I concur. Being just in Ultra Rare ++ and still getting constant Rare Tyson Kidd drops just kills my interest in this game.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I've gotten a lot of good drops lately, I had assumed they did boost the drop rate. In the past couple days I've gotten one Epic and a few URs randomly (I'm in UR++)

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Steve Vader posted:

I concur. Being just in Ultra Rare ++ and still getting constant Rare Tyson Kidd drops just kills my interest in this game.

Yeah, I got three rare Swaggers in one day on Friday and I'm in Legendary.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Mayostard posted:

Yeah, I got three rare Swaggers in one day on Friday and I'm in Legendary.

Exactly. That poo poo will never stop. Why am I bothering with this struggle for Macho Man?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Steve Vader posted:

Exactly. That poo poo will never stop. Why am I bothering with this struggle for Macho Man?

After careful analysis it turns out that you're a mark.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I'm in that same boat--now a good chunk into Legendary+, and still have yet to draw another epic through exhibition matches.

On the plus side, I've collected nearly all the rare cards. Now I wish I had tried less hard in the People's Championship thing--the bottom reward was a rare Lesnar, and I just need two of those to finish out.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Snacksmaniac posted:

Just in time for 2k15!!!

I want to get 2K15 on PC. I'm going to wait until January for an official release date for the PC version and if it's not coming out on PC like they have hinted at? I'll buy a XB1 then. Until then I'll happily continue to play 2K14.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

https://mobile.twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/516680123379380224

Something to look forward to

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

That's a solid plan. I have a gift card I was going to use on 2k15 for PS3 since I have no willpower and only play two games a year anyway.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Entered my first Legendary draft because I've been too lazy to farm energy in the top 8 and Legendary gets me an epic for doing zero work over two days, which is nice/

Honestly I like KOTR and would like to actually play it to try and win, but the possibility of people playing 3 Epic Pros or Legendaries and 2 Commons makes the odds of making the finals tiny. So I guess I'll just be on the free epic every two days train for a while.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I actually couldn't even make it quite that far. I had a LOT of fun with the game until I hit Epic++, and I've hit such a wall that I can't really bring myself to play it anymore. Fun while it lasted though!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Chinook posted:

I actually couldn't even make it quite that far. I had a LOT of fun with the game until I hit Epic++, and I've hit such a wall that I can't really bring myself to play it anymore. Fun while it lasted though!
Yeah, I was stuck here for a while too, and it is discouraging. I got really lucky by getting a second Stone Cold from an exhibition (already had one from a KOTR reward) which bumped up my team from Epic++ to Legendary, and that really helped my enjoyment of this game. Got Triple H as my free Legendary and now I'm off to the races. KOTRs giving a guaranteed Epic is good stuff.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
I've stooped to being That Guy in SuperCard. I downgraded from Epic to Ultra Rare in KOTR by running:

Max SR Pro Big Show
Untrained UR Seth Rollins
Max UR Pro Shawn Michaels
Max Epic Pro Randy Orton
Max Legendary Cameron

And a bench full of untrained commons. My only UR Pro is Michaels, and the lack of a good tag team is hurting me at Epic level. Need to pick up some pairs to either compete or move up.

Of course, the day I decide to do this scam, Karmine is in the same KOTR as I am :v:

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Now that I've maxed my Pro SR Paige I'm stuck at UR++ just a little ways away from the next tier and I'm stuck there until I get lucky enough to get a duplicate UR drop so I can pro one of them. That's a little frustrating.

BrutusBeefcake
Jun 6, 2003

Bhester posted:

Now that I've maxed my Pro SR Paige I'm stuck at UR++ just a little ways away from the next tier and I'm stuck there until I get lucky enough to get a duplicate UR drop so I can pro one of them. That's a little frustrating.

Not necessarily. I made it from UR++ to Epic with 5 Pro'd SRs and a UR Support card. It helped that my SRs were mostly above average (Ladder Cena, Wyatt, Big Show, Rowan, Paige).
I am actually on Epic+ now and still don't have any UR pairs.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

BrutusBeefcake posted:

Not necessarily. I made it from UR++ to Epic with 5 Pro'd SRs and a UR Support card. It helped that my SRs were mostly above average (Ladder Cena, Wyatt, Big Show, Rowan, Paige).
I am actually on Epic+ now and still don't have any UR pairs.

I've got Ladder Pro SR Cena, UR Triple H, Pro SR Big Show, Pro SR Cesar, and Ladder Pro SR Paige. I guess once I feed and combine my SR Andres that will help.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/09/30/wwe-2k15-hands-on-with-mycareer-mode

My career article.

Sevalar fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 30, 2014

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

:stare: Sweet Jesus.

I'm just gonna send my credit card to 2K, that'll work, right?

BrutusBeefcake
Jun 6, 2003

Bhester posted:

I've got Ladder Pro SR Cena, UR Triple H, Pro SR Big Show, Pro SR Cesar, and Ladder Pro SR Paige. I guess once I feed and combine my SR Andres that will help.

You might make it by swapping out your UR Triple H for a Pro SR Andre, but don't forget about your Support cards too. I was fortunate to get a UR Ladder early on, which I believe helped me get over the hump.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I'm going to refuse to shake anybody's hand in mycareer

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

...that sounds too good to be true. If it's even close to what's described, that's loving amazing and exactly what people have wanted from Universe for years.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ok so I've never actually wanted a wrestling game before but holy poo poo, this might hook me. If that's the reason for the delay in current gen consoles it's about 1000% worth it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Real developmental experience better include homophobic slurs and having a gun pulled on you.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You know what'd make 2K15 better? If all the wrestlers were, in fact, cards.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

flashy_mcflash posted:

You know what'd make 2K15 better? If all the wrestlers were, in fact, cards.

I like it but I don't love it. What if they were just number sets taped to 3d models?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Make em cards and use supercard style animations for EVERY move.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Now just make sure we still have story mode 2k, so VGCW can upgrade to 2k15.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Snacksmaniac posted:

Make em cards and use supercard style animations for EVERY move.

Dean Ambrose and Andre the Giant defeated John Cena and the Undertaker when Ambrose threw Andre at Cena.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Wow, this is basically everything I ever wanted out of a career mode, and the fact that your friends caws can join in will only spice things up. Hopefully my freakish dwarf CN Ponk can ruin someones day.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I'm excited that they're trying to go for having good matches instead of just winning, but I really hope it's not a situation where I have to shuffle around waiting for the AI to start doing moves on me.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

quote:

This same currency allows you to hire managers of varying ability

Accompanied to the ring by Mr. Fuji, the Ultimate Crack Smoking Warlock!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I thought I hopped of the wagon after 13. Don't do this to me 2K.

. . . Officially confirm the PC version and I'm in.