Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral

Agent355 posted:

I'm on a budget and I was looking for a tablet that I could play stupid android games on. There are a handful of games I'd like to play but I don't want to get a smart phone with the associated data plan. What would be a good tablet to get? Are the low end cheap-o tablets perfectly fine if all I want to do is play puzzles and dragons or what have you?

Probably a used 1st gen Nexus 7. They should be going for $100 or less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onecircles
May 6, 2009

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm looking to buy a tablet to use primarily for drawing and digital painting. My first instinct is to go for a Galaxy Tab wi-fi, as I'm quite fond of my Galaxy s5, but I'm open to other suggestions.

You don't have to buy a wacom tablet and use it on a PC. Get a cintiq! They're not cheap, but they're awesome I was drooling over them for quite a while before I decided that I prefer traditional media.

Goons! I am going to buy a KOBO Arc 10 hd. How does that make you feel inside? I'm going to do it I tell you.

It's supposedly heavy, but my only experience with tablets is the 1st generation Ipad, so it will be lighter than what I'm used to. It has a great screen, which is my main priority. It's supposedly designed for reading, which appeals to me. I prefer E-Ink readers, and what got me started on all this was learning about the kobo aura hd, but I'll be able to use it to read comic books, and I'll get an aura hd later. I like how this tablet looks.

The version of android that it runs has only been lightly modified to make getting to your media easier, and it's play certified with full access to the play store. So that's a good.

One of the main things I'll be using it for, though, is as a portable monitor. I have an audio centered itx computer that I built with the help of the parts picking megathread, and I'm going to use it as a small and portable monitor. This is a big part of why I wanted one with a nice screen, as I'm going to be interacting with windows 7 through it. My current monitor is only 1280x960 so maybe this nice 2560×1600 screen will be superior to my current experience I don't know. I feel like this ibm monitor has been lasering me in the eyes for the last few years.

Has anyone used any of the android apps intended for this purpose(tablet as monitor), like idisplay or airdisplay? I might consider buying a 10 inch hdmi monitor if it turned out that this video-over-wifi idea isn't feasible.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I am looking to get my dad a tablet, in this case the bigger the better for comfort of his eyes. Something that'll play well with Netflix, be easy to put in podcast apps. I guess what's the best I could get for that around a 200 bucks budget?

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

onecircles posted:

You don't have to buy a wacom tablet and use it on a PC. Get a cintiq! They're not cheap, but they're awesome I was drooling over them for quite a while before I decided that I prefer traditional media.

Goons! I am going to buy a KOBO Arc 10 hd. How does that make you feel inside? I'm going to do it I tell you.

It's supposedly heavy, but my only experience with tablets is the 1st generation Ipad, so it will be lighter than what I'm used to. It has a great screen, which is my main priority. It's supposedly designed for reading, which appeals to me. I prefer E-Ink readers, and what got me started on all this was learning about the kobo aura hd, but I'll be able to use it to read comic books, and I'll get an aura hd later. I like how this tablet looks.

The version of android that it runs has only been lightly modified to make getting to your media easier, and it's play certified with full access to the play store. So that's a good.

One of the main things I'll be using it for, though, is as a portable monitor. I have an audio centered itx computer that I built with the help of the parts picking megathread, and I'm going to use it as a small and portable monitor. This is a big part of why I wanted one with a nice screen, as I'm going to be interacting with windows 7 through it. My current monitor is only 1280x960 so maybe this nice 2560×1600 screen will be superior to my current experience I don't know. I feel like this ibm monitor has been lasering me in the eyes for the last few years.

Has anyone used any of the android apps intended for this purpose(tablet as monitor), like idisplay or airdisplay? I might consider buying a 10 inch hdmi monitor if it turned out that this video-over-wifi idea isn't feasible.

Happy for you.

But really you just needed a Surface 3 with android emulator. Especially when you combine the cost of the ITX machine, Kobo and monitor (lets assume you buy one since you don't care). Although admittedly I don't know what "audio centred" means.

u fink u hard Percy fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 20, 2014

Lonely Rolling Star
Mar 20, 2009

Better than a crowbar.
So I'm going to be away from home working for a couple months soon, and I don't want to have to bring my laptop with me. So I've been looking at a couple tablets for web browsing and messaging mostly, since I doubt I'll have a tremendous amount of time for gaming or anything really processor intensive. I've been looking at the MSI Primo 81 Android Tablet and the Kindle Fire HD 6, both of which are in my 'if it's horrible, gently caress it' price range, and both seem to be just fine for what I want a tablet for.

While the Kindle looks like the better choice over some no name ipad Mini knockoff, I would probably prefer Android over the Kindle OS. Plus there's my friend, who has owned a Kindle Fire for about a year now, who has mostly just complained about it. As for the Primo, I've read some complaints about build quality in random units. Otherwise, I'm not hugely concerned about rockin' apps or anything. It's going to be used mostly for reading, web browsing, and Skype. Though I wouldn't mind a few creature comfort extras.

I'm the kind of guy who decided to give the smartphone era a miss six years ago after accidentally buying an HTC, so my knowledge base on similar markets is pretty poor. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

onecircles
May 6, 2009

Daimo posted:

But really you just needed a Surface 3 with android emulator. Especially when you combine the cost of the ITX machine, Kobo and monitor (lets assume you buy one since you don't care). Although admittedly I don't know what "audio centred" means.

Yeah, that's too expensive, and anyway what I'm mostly going to use this for is reading comic books and as a portable monitor for my computer, so that would be too much power for my needs. The computer I built is a powerful little thing with a high end sound card in the only pcie slot of it's mobo. I built it to play electronic music live, and do signal processing on my guitar and voice. I'm getting a tablet to use as a monitor for when I play live, and when I go visit friends to collaborate.

I could get a small monitor. It would be much cheaper, but I had an ipad for a while and really liked reading comics on it in mah bed.

Since my last post I've learned about some value chinese tablets with high end specs, and apparently low build quality. the E-Ceros Revolution ~$250 is the main one I've been looking at. I've gone this route before though with bad results, and I need the thing to be reliable to avoid technical issues in front of people.

The kobo apparently has a pretty good cpu, and it's actually one of the cheaper non-chinese-budget tablets at that resolution. I was also considering the asus transformer pad or whatever, but If I'm going to use a keyboard it needs to be bluetooth so that I can use it with the tablet or with my computer.

I do think that it's utterly egregious that the kobo doesn't have an sd card slot though.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

e:nm

Torka fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Sep 22, 2014

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Lonely Rolling Star posted:

So I'm going to be away from home working for a couple months soon, and I don't want to have to bring my laptop with me. So I've been looking at a couple tablets for web browsing and messaging mostly, since I doubt I'll have a tremendous amount of time for gaming or anything really processor intensive. I've been looking at the MSI Primo 81 Android Tablet and the Kindle Fire HD 6, both of which are in my 'if it's horrible, gently caress it' price range, and both seem to be just fine for what I want a tablet for.

While the Kindle looks like the better choice over some no name ipad Mini knockoff, I would probably prefer Android over the Kindle OS. Plus there's my friend, who has owned a Kindle Fire for about a year now, who has mostly just complained about it. As for the Primo, I've read some complaints about build quality in random units. Otherwise, I'm not hugely concerned about rockin' apps or anything. It's going to be used mostly for reading, web browsing, and Skype. Though I wouldn't mind a few creature comfort extras.

I'm the kind of guy who decided to give the smartphone era a miss six years ago after accidentally buying an HTC, so my knowledge base on similar markets is pretty poor. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

You should just get the Nexus 7 2013 edition.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This isn't a tablet for me, but a tablet for a new client I've got at work. They're currently running off 5 Dell Latitude XT2 tablet computers. It's an ambulance company, and their only real major software running on it is their database that they use for patients and have them sign documents. That's not a big deal as long as we can run Windows 8 RT or something similar that enables that program.

I'm looking for sturdy tablets, that have keyboard attachments and have really solid, sturdy, heavy duty cases. The pricing isn't a huge deal right now, but we need to buy five of them so nothing over $500 each.

retpocileh
Oct 15, 2003
We're looking to buy a few tablets for our business. All they need to have is cellular and battery life that can last through a full 8 hour shift for our employees. It seems like everyone in our industry defaults to iPads but it seems an Android tablet may be cheaper. I'm finding it hard to compare all the android tablets. Any suggestions?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

retpocileh posted:

We're looking to buy a few tablets for our business. All they need to have is cellular and battery life that can last through a full 8 hour shift for our employees. It seems like everyone in our industry defaults to iPads but it seems an Android tablet may be cheaper. I'm finding it hard to compare all the android tablets. Any suggestions?

Nexus 7 with cellular will be the cheapest that's any good, Otherwise go with iPad Minis.

db franco
Jul 14, 2014
when will nexus 9 be available?

I loved my nexus 10.. can't wait to get in line for the next installment.

Keep_Calm
Sep 22, 2014

retpocileh posted:

Most tablets are optimized for consumers. A good chance for a battery life of 8h are providing tablets with AMOLED screen, because the screen takes most of the battery. This type of screen is using battery on the light areas only, which implies a dark background is necessary.

But Apple has the better solution for connecting to power at a docking station. The micro USB connector on Samsung tablets is a mechanical awful solution. Anyway my guess is one tablet isn't enough sometimes. So you have to find out how many tablets you need per employee. My guess it's something between 1.3 to 2. It's anyway cheaper than a product for the industry.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You could always go with something like this:

http://www.panasonic.com/business/toughpad/us/best-android-rugged-tablet-overview.asp

They are expensive as hell with lovely specs but absolute tanks designed to be treated like poo poo and live.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Three Olives posted:

You could always go with something like this:

http://www.panasonic.com/business/toughpad/us/best-android-rugged-tablet-overview.asp

They are expensive as hell with lovely specs but absolute tanks designed to be treated like poo poo and live.

holy poo poo those are expensive.

sex shop clearance rack
Jan 20, 2011
Hello all, I was looking to replace my 2012 Nexus 7 (that I use mostly for class, e-textbooks, PDFs, et cetera) with the 2013 version. However, I'd heard rumors that even the 2013 version was going to be replaced soon, and was wondering if it would be more prudent to just wait a few months.

Basically my question is, how viable in the long term is the 2013 Nexus 7 right now? I'd like it to at least last a few years.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigFactory posted:

Cheaper then buying a new tablet every few months.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Flameingblack posted:

This isn't a tablet for me, but a tablet for a new client I've got at work. They're currently running off 5 Dell Latitude XT2 tablet computers. It's an ambulance company, and their only real major software running on it is their database that they use for patients and have them sign documents. That's not a big deal as long as we can run Windows 8 RT or something similar that enables that program.

I'm looking for sturdy tablets, that have keyboard attachments and have really solid, sturdy, heavy duty cases. The pricing isn't a huge deal right now, but we need to buy five of them so nothing over $500 each.

Consumer tablets aren't "sturdy," and ruggedized tablets don't carry consumer price tags ($2500 might get you one). There are a lot of cheap Windows tablets out there, but they're going to break about five minutes after they go into any kind of demanding conditions.

What is the software? Nothing but a webapp will run on both Win Vista/7 (what you're almost certainly running on those XT2s) and Windows 8 RT. If it is a webapp, you might be able to get away with cellular iPads wrapped up in an Otterbox, Lifeproof, or similar ruggedized case and connected to a bluetooth keyboard. Otherwise, get ready to pay an awful lot of money.

e:

BigFactory posted:

Not really. A thousand bucks is cheap if you want something that's ruggedized and certified - remember, these are low-volume devices, and building something to take hits costs money. If they were selling in iPad or Galaxy volume, they'd only be a few bucks more expensive, but you get to pay for a significant share of the engineering and tooling with every single SKU you buy in this market.

For instance, look at the Motion C5TE. It's $2500 or so for a PC with an old-generation Core i3, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB Flash, and a 1024x768 display. It's measurably worse than a $400 laptop in most categories. But it can survive 3ft drops all day, and more importantly, you can disinfect it. For the target market, consumer devices are completely out of the picture, because consumer devices break easily with abuse. A thousand bucks or so for an entry-level ruggedized system that doesn't need to do anything more complicated than run some CRUD apps is actually kind of a bargain.

Space Gopher fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Sep 27, 2014

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I am looking to get my dad a tablet, in this case the bigger the better for comfort of his eyes. Something that'll play well with Netflix, be easy to put in podcast apps. I guess what's the best I could get for that around a 200 bucks budget?

I bought a nexus 7 for my mom from ebay.
It was her first tablet and I was not sure if she like it. so I spend not much bugs to make a try If she can and want to handle with it.
I think it's the best (If it is the first tablet for your dad) you do the same: buy on ebay a cheap 10" nexus, install the newest android and all important apps for your dad.. and look if he like it.
Then you can change to the new "Nexus" what's coming out this year if you have the need or wait if the ebay Nexus is dead.

Important for me was that I installed all the apps , did all the needed registrations that my mom can work and have nothing more to do... than over time step by step they said what is this what have i to do here and so on... and she like it and it is learning by doing.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

quote:

so I spend not much bugs to make a try If she can and want to handle with it.

Am I having a stroke?

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 28, 2014

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Space Gopher posted:

e:

Not really. A thousand bucks is cheap if you want something that's ruggedized and certified - remember, these are low-volume devices, and building something to take hits costs money. If they were selling in iPad or Galaxy volume, they'd only be a few bucks more expensive, but you get to pay for a significant share of the engineering and tooling with every single SKU you buy in this market.

For instance, look at the Motion C5TE. It's $2500 or so for a PC with an old-generation Core i3, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB Flash, and a 1024x768 display. It's measurably worse than a $400 laptop in most categories. But it can survive 3ft drops all day, and more importantly, you can disinfect it. For the target market, consumer devices are completely out of the picture, because consumer devices break easily with abuse. A thousand bucks or so for an entry-level ruggedized system that doesn't need to do anything more complicated than run some CRUD apps is actually kind of a bargain.

All the ones I saw on amazon were like $2,400. If they start around $1000 that's a different story.

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Geirskogul posted:

Am I having a stroke?

Sounds like an iPad would suit your needs best with its revolutionary new HealthKit app and ecosystem.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Looking for a tablet to basically replace my phone for everything besides actually being a phone. So probably 90% Awful App, some light web browsing and ebook reading and the occasional mobile game. I'm leaning towards Android just because I want to be able to plug it in and have it come up like USB storage to move files around and say point the Kindle app at a .mobi I downloaded from Gutenberg (that's harder to do in Apple/Windows, right?) and for the most part I dig the Play store, don't use too many apps these days anyway. No real requirements for size or price as long as the value is decent.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Per this threads recommendation, I grabbed a slightly used wifi 32GB 2013 Nexus 7 from Ebay for $170 a few days ago and it's been great so far.

You just load up your movies and files via the "Airdroid" app and your desktop pc (works over wifi) and I added a few other apps and even figured out the workaround to get Amzn Prime streaming app to work on it. I would have preferred something a bit larger for watching movies on the train or couch surfing, but at this price it's hard not to jump on a used N7.

XenJ
Aug 1, 2014
maybe it is good to wait until the end of oktober if google announced the new tablets and phones?

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

Looking for a tablet to basically replace my phone for everything besides actually being a phone. So probably 90% Awful App, some light web browsing and ebook reading and the occasional mobile game. I'm leaning towards Android just because I want to be able to plug it in and have it come up like USB storage to move files around and say point the Kindle app at a .mobi I downloaded from Gutenberg (that's harder to do in Apple/Windows, right?) and for the most part I dig the Play store, don't use too many apps these days anyway. No real requirements for size or price as long as the value is decent.

Google made the nexus 7 for you.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Daimo posted:

Google made the nexus 7 for you.

That's what I've decided, based on everything I'm reading everywhere. A few things sound a little janky like Flash not working (but... Youtube... Google...) but there are workarounds posted, and worst case I'm comfortable with rooting/soft modding so I should be able to get everything working without too much hassle. As long as I can install Flash and ABP in Opera or something I'll be happy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Flash is terrible on everything it "works" on, so you're not actually missing anything important.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I want to sacrifice my Nexus 10 to my hobby desk, so I want a tablet mount. The desk is roughly 30 inches deep and I'd like it to clamp on to the back and retract when not in use. So anyone got any suggestions for a desk tablet mount that won't obscure the charging port?

Super Mario Shoeshine
Jan 24, 2005

such improper posting...
Ive been using my Galaxy Note 8 since last year, and I really like it but its time to sell and upgrade. Any good tablet recommended in the 8' or 9' range? Preferable with a lot of accesories, and no SamSuck please the bloat is horrible.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Please don't post this shameful poo poo.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

Takes No Damage posted:

That's what I've decided, based on everything I'm reading everywhere. A few things sound a little janky like Flash not working (but... Youtube... Google...) but there are workarounds posted, and worst case I'm comfortable with rooting/soft modding so I should be able to get everything working without too much hassle. As long as I can install Flash and ABP in Opera or something I'll be happy.

Youtube works with HTML5, mostly.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Super Mario Shoeshine posted:

Ive been using my Galaxy Note 8 since last year, and I really like it but its time to sell and upgrade. Any good tablet recommended in the 8' or 9' range? Preferable with a lot of accesories, and no SamSuck please the bloat is horrible.

You should pretty obviously wait for the Nexus 9 tablet, made by HTC, announced within a month (probably).

That or the Nvidia Shield tablet.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I need to make a kiosk purely for the purpose of inputting customer data into google forms while connected to wifi so it syncs up on the backend. What's the best option for a ~10" tablet under 150 dollars? Are there any disproportionately good, really cheap tablets out there I should be considering?

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Moving this over from the Windows 8.1 thread as I somehow missed this beautiful one.

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the capabilities of tablets but is there one that stands out in the multimedia capturing area? I'm looking for stuff like best camera(s), inputs for mics (and built in) and other add-ons. I like the versatility of tablets and want to report on events and such live on the go (blogs, light video/photo/audio editing, etc) at weddings, birthdays, sports, etc.

Unless yall can recommend a different device entirely that allows me to be an annoying amateur reporter a bit better than an iPhone. Thanks ;)

His Divine Shadow posted:

Found out about a cool thing, namely you can put an eye-fi card in your digital camera, I got a nikon D7000 so it has two slots, that way I can hook it up to any tablet, SD card or no SD card slot. Can even put jpgs on the eye-fi card and RAW on the other. Excellent, maybe there is an iPad for me in the future, question is mini or air. I liked the mini retina I held in a store, think it could be good for use on the go, probably with a suitable case like an otterbox.

This is kind of neat, but I don't necessarily need full frame HD or anything. Kind of a quantity over quality thing, and geared towards production rather than consumption. Like a digital camera with editing and a word processor and wifi. And as much as possible in the hundreds instead of thousands of dollars, but beggars/choosers I realize of course.

vvvv thanks man, that's actually a pretty decent little machine. It weird there isn't a live mobile mini workstation supplement out there for this sort of thing, even if it is a bit niche. I haven't looked into camcorders in years because I thought they were essentially dead, too bad there isn't a repurposed a version with detachable keyboard and all the other computer-ables right inside, that'd be cool. Thanks for the reply :)

Ninja PD fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 5, 2014

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Ninja PD posted:

Moving this over from the Windows 8.1 thread as I somehow missed this beautiful one.

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the capabilities of tablets but is there one that stands out in the multimedia capturing area? I'm looking for stuff like best camera(s), inputs for mics (and built in) and other add-ons. I like the versatility of tablets and want to report on events and such live on the go (blogs, light video/photo/audio editing, etc) at weddings, birthdays, sports, etc.

Unless yall can recommend a different device entirely that allows me to be an annoying amateur reporter a bit better than an iPhone. Thanks ;)

You'd probably be way better off with one of those new camcorders with decent mics built in like the Canon VIXIA mini X and pairing that with a decent laptop.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 5, 2014

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Tabletposting from my new Nexus 7 :woop: Was a little worried at first as there was no indicator when I plugged in the power, pressing the power button just gave me five white lights. But after leaving it plugged in for about 15 minutes it seems to be working normally now.

Any recommendations for cases? I like the one on my sister's kindle, just a small padded case with a flap that closes over the screen.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I've got the Moko foldy case on my Nexus 7 and it's great. Since I bought my tablet used it came with one already (although it was girl colors and beat up so I got an all black version to replace it)

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

After a recent trip to my grandparents', I found out that one of my relatives had turned them on to the ideas of tablets, and now they both want one. Its not a bad idea, since they haven't used either of the 15-20 year old computers gathering dust in the corners of their offices/rooms in over a decade, and they'd be more of a liability than ever to turn on today. So, I figure I'll take a chance and bring in a new wi-fi setup and get them each a tablet.

That said, what would be the best tablet for a pair of 70+ year old self-proclaimed Luddites? I worry about ease of use for them because they already made the mistake of getting a Kindle DX way back when, to read newspapers with, which ended miserably; they also have issues with their television and cable boxes fairly often. A tablet is a fairly unified device with few complications these days, but I was still considering maybe going with the next Kindle Fire to come out. That way, if things do get complicated somehow, they have that May Day button.

My grandmother should already have an Amazon account, so that might be good for her. And both of them could benefit from having access to the book store. My grandfather would like to be able to watch sports streams, is that a possibility on Kindle? Other recommended models would be welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Jeff Goldblum posted:

My grandfather would like to be able to watch sports streams, is that a possibility on Kindle?

It's possible if they have a cable subscription and can log into the WatchESPN app. Anything beyond that would probably be too complicated for them.