Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Punc posted:

This is the best conversation in OPM ever. Please let the two of them start gaming together. Please.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope they keep my favorite line intact in this version.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Saitama and King, bros4lyfe

Aw come on man, I don't even know what's going to happen

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Saitama and King, bros4lyfe

Aw come on man, I don't even know what's going to happen

:allears: You can find out when it comes out.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahah what an amazing chapter.

Oh come on King, he just wants to play games with you man. Also holy poo poo Genos. He wasn't kidding that he would take care of the job. That's pure dedication to try to be better than his teacher.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I loving lost it at "Onii-chan, tell me your name!" :lol:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Mikl posted:

I loving lost it at "Onii-chan, tell me your name!" :lol:

Holy poo poo how did I not see the humour in this? I guess I've seen too many dating game parodies :negative:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

So I guess if OPM ever gets an anime, Norio Wakamoto should be a shoe-in for King since he's perfected the king engine, what with his previous role as Mechazawa.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Wakamoto can ham it up like crazy so he'd be good for a total fraud who everyone in-story thinks is a major badass.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am sure no one here needs to be reminded of The Norio Wakamotorcycle. Mostly I just wanted to link that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I love how loving radical that move at the end was. :allears:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Around this time ONE's server crashed and he lost everything, so he redrew every Punch as a recap for his readers.
I wonder if Murata is going to do that

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I'm kinda disappointed that KING is just a normal everyday coward with an accidental heroic reputation I was kinda hoping to see some cooler KING ENGINE STARTING type stuff.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What are you talking about, you fool? That's KING, the strongest man alive! Seriously what did you expect from this comic though :v:

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
I'm not sure what's disappointing about someone that wins fights through force of presence and reputation.

I mean, seriously, just look at him. Would YOU want to cross that motherfucker?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm kinda disappointed that KING is just a normal everyday coward with an accidental heroic reputation I was kinda hoping to see some cooler KING ENGINE STARTING type stuff.
I kinda like it this way. I bet Saitama will cover for him if poo poo goes down.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Being able to legitimately bluff his way past monsters and the other S Class heroes is a pretty cool super power though and in a world where you turn into a lizard monster just by loving reptiles too much, he'll probably gets amazing super powers (through his love of dating sim games)

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Great recommendation. Just started reading tonight. Haven't laughed liked this at a manga since Ranma 1/2. I'm up to the part where he registers himself with the superhero agency.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Sub Harrison posted:

Great recommendation. Just started reading tonight. Haven't laughed liked this at a manga since Ranma 1/2. I'm up to the part where he registers himself with the superhero agency.
You should also read Mob Psycho 100. It's like OPM, but the main character is a psychic teenager.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

Yeah, I don't buy it either. I mean, I get the concept about his whole character but he couldn't possibly get to an S Rank just by faking badassery, right? There are thousands of monsters impossible to kill by "normal" means, if you want to get at least to A Rank you have to be some sort of monster yourself, that's the impression I got. But not only King is nothing special, he refuses to fight if the odds are against him, so how could he get so far?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

I Love Annie May posted:

Yeah, I don't buy it either. I mean, I get the concept about his whole character but he couldn't possibly get to an S Rank just by faking badassery, right? There are thousands of monsters impossible to kill by "normal" means, if you want to get at least to A Rank you have to be some sort of monster yourself, that's the impression I got. But not only King is nothing special, he refuses to fight if the odds are against him, so how could he get so far?

No, you can get directly promoted to S-rank if you're a monster. Saitama has just gotten unlucky and no one has witnessed his feats.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
If nothing else, it should be obvious by now that they loving suck at ranking heroes.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Isn't it implied that King has taken credit for all the monsters Saitama has offed?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

No, you can get directly promoted to S-rank if you're a monster. Saitama has just gotten unlucky and no one has witnessed his feats.

Saitama also actively tries to keep his heroics hidden (i.e. Sea King, the meteor and confrontation with the tank-tops afterwards, etc)

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sharktamer posted:

Isn't it implied that King has taken credit for all the monsters Saitama has offed?

Yes. That's the implication.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Kuvo posted:

Saitama also actively tries to keep his heroics hidden (i.e. Sea King, the meteor and confrontation with the tank-tops afterwards, etc)

He only tried to hide the sea king, nothing else.
There's a reason he was so sad when Speed of Sound Sonic didn't know who he was

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

RatHat posted:

The Hero Association knows Saitama is strong. They're just not sure if they want to make him one of the faces of the organization by making him S-Rank.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

The Hero Association knows Saitama is strong. They're just not sure if they want to make him one of the faces of the organization by making him S-Rank.

S-rank guys aren't really the face of the organization. (Most of) them are well-known for being power houses and poo poo, but they're not in the limelight like Sweet Mask, for example. IIRC

They're not making Saitama immediately acknowledged because that would ruin the joke.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hypocrisy posted:

Nah, they're really dubious that this guy has done all this poo poo. Wrecking the physical requirements? Obviously cheated somehow. Asteroid? Got lucky after several heavy hitters weakened it.

Sea King? Same sort of deal, just lucky to be at the right place and time.

Alien Warship? Tornado whatsername obviously took that thing down. Saitama probably wasn't anywhere near the action.

Basically every thing he's done has been pretty easy for for non-observers to doubt.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:allears:

That was a pretty great chapter. Didn't expect a Megaman robot master to be inside the robot though. Haha Saitama basically stopping the bird with just one hand. So what are you gonna do now King..

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Poor Saitama just wants another really strong, chill guy to be friends with.

As usual, everything about that chapter was inspired.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
I'm loving the interaction between Saitama and King. Saitama's all like "Yeah, I know how boring fighting weak things is King bro", he thinks he finally found someone he can relate to. But nope, he's just a fake. That's one pretty drawn bird too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way, most of the stuff with the robot is new for the Murata version.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
page 8 :allears:

also those poor game consoles

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kuvo posted:

page 8 :allears:

also those poor game consoles

They're Nintendo products, they'll be fine.

RatHat posted:

By the way, most of the stuff with the robot is new for the Murata version.

So basically Murata thought "Okay this arc is cool and all, but does it have enough laser beams and robot fights?" And when it comes to Murata, the answer is no. It is always no.

Hell he even drew a cool rear end mech from a 2D side-scroller just because he could.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh man I know Im reading this for the second time but :allears:.
It's just so good.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The important thing about King is that he's a really chill guy to hang out and play video games with.

jackymc
Mar 30, 2010
Wait. I think I'm missing something. Was this http://bato.to/read/_/275847/onepunch-man_ch37.5_by_nerieru-scans/6 A Genos transformation? When could he do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

antavila posted:

Wait. I think I'm missing something. Was this http://bato.to/read/_/275847/onepunch-man_ch37.5_by_nerieru-scans/6 A Genos transformation? When could he do that?

That's the character in the game King is playing.