Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Fil5000 posted:

The best part here is how you've overestimated how well their funding drive has gone. They haven't managed 3%. It's ridiculous how badly its gone.

They're scraping in at 2.2% at the moment and again, it's worth pointing out that this is for the initial goal rather than the whole thing.

It's the flop that PGI deserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

I can't imagine how that conversation would go over with a publisher/funder.

"So you only managed to get to 5% of your initial funding goal during your crowdfund campaign? How can you know this game even has a market?"

"The crowd funding failed because of malicious slander driven by goons so give us money and shut the gently caress up." - Niko

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://www.transversegame.com/news/article?which=J73XE4MP

Looks like Transverse's funding is shutting down early, for reasons known only to everyone.

Edit: some whales on one of the three (!) Transverse subreddits are calling this "an unexpected result" lol

Pattonesque fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 2, 2014

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

WarLocke posted:

My project for later tonight: Snipefox :unsmigghh:

I'm surprised this isn't the standard fit for a kitfox. It's too slow to be a real light, so might as well ECM your blob and snipe with them.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pattonesque posted:

Looks like Transverse's funding is shutting down early, for reasons known only to everyone.

Edit: some whales on one of the three (!) Transverse subreddits are calling this "an unexpected result" lol

Today is a good day.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Pattonesque posted:

Wow, such an unexpected turn of events. The funding closing early.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Pattonesque posted:

Desperate To Get Rid of MWO posted:

To all of our 100 backers,

It’s a bitter sweethorrible and lovely day. Thank you for taking a chance and showing us that you are interested in seeing our vision come to lifeall our whales are actually Battletech diehards. As you can see, the velocity of our crowdfunding campaignattempt to mimic Star Citizen never gained the momentum needed to bring Transverse to life as a communitywhale funded concept. We are going to shut down our funding todaygiving up, ahead of the 30 day deadline and begin the process of refunding as promised.
We plan to take Transverse behind the curtain for nowto some desperate venture capitalists who hopefully never saw our crowd-fund attempt.
One day, I hope to see you on the Fringe your money in my pocket!

Thor-Stryker fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 2, 2014

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
So I guess now they have to look for rich dumb people who like the concept of Star Citizen and are totally unaware of Transverse's previous funding "hiccup."

This whole thing has just been amazing. I feel like it needs to show up in a business textbook somewhere.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Good explanation. I'm sure this will come up tonight, because Russ is hosting MWO Townhall #2 this evening. It will be interesting to see if this means that Paul will return to create his next magnum opus (Ghost Heat 2: Clan Boogaloo) or if he'll be shuffled into some other role for MWO development.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

You think Russ will really talk about it? I could see them wanting to forget that it ever happened.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Chronojam posted:

Good explanation. I'm sure this will come up tonight, because Russ is hosting MWO Townhall #2 this evening. It will be interesting to see if this means that Paul will return to create his next magnum opus (Ghost Heat 2: Clan Boogaloo) or if he'll be shuffled into some other role for MWO development.

Paul's still on mwo I think. Bryan was the one that moved over.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Fil5000 posted:

Paul's still on mwo I think. Bryan was the one that moved over.

I remember Russ saying that Paul was getting sidelined from MWO design, though.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Someone said something about Grasshoppers?

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/173345-heavy-mech-poll/

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

RangerAce posted:

I remember Russ saying that Paul was getting sidelined from MWO design, though.

Sidelined from balance related items, he is still heavily involved in the CW stuff.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
gently caress Black Knights. Grasshoppers rule.

They're probably only voting in favour of the BK because of MW4, and will get the gimpy looking original instead.

edit: Eh, they'd probably both be bad in game. One is all energy/limited mobility, the other will probably be like 1.25 times as tall as an atlas and will be inferiour to the cataphracts in most ways.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 2, 2014

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Grasshopper will have jump jets at least. :(

They both would have low mounted weapons though, right? Because stompy robots with arms are unable to raise their arms, which makes you wonder, why do they have arms?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

They're both energy boats, both DOA in MWO.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Bryan posted:

We plan to take Transverse behind the curtain for now.

Don't take it behind the curtain, take it out behind the barn and put it out of everyone's misery. :commissar:

BLACK KNIIIIIIIIIGHT! Don't you stand between me and seeing my Grasshopper given a beautiful make over. :argh:

I mean c'mon, the Black Knight already looks decent.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Chomp8645 posted:

Unless there is an end-of-drive surge Transverse is set to make less money than Alabama hot dog man.

How's that for community interest.

BBBBBBUT ... gooooooooooons

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

imperialparadox posted:

Grasshopper will have jump jets at least. :(

They both would have low mounted weapons though, right? Because stompy robots with arms are unable to raise their arms, which makes you wonder, why do they have arms?

In the tabletop they can use their arms normally.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Gonna vote Black Knight so I can finally do medieval roleplay with the pubbies. Also, cuz its a cool mech.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

E: Transverse dead, old news here, should pay attention to what page I'm on.

Anyone get the final score though?

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 3, 2014

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ranzear posted:

E: Transverse dead, old news here, should pay attention to what page I'm on.

Anyone get the final score though?

It hadn't moved from $11,030, 113 backers, although their math was completely off.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
PGI: still unable to do basic addition.

Must be those ghost numbers loving everything up.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
So they turned on slow posting in the townhall chat because they thought that people were spamming it. Nope, it was actually hundreds of different people bitching about ghost heat.

So now we have ghost posting.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

stay safe posting ghost

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
"Is there something you wished you had done when you designed UI 2.0?"

"I wish we had done it completely different."

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

"Is there something you wished you had done when you designed UI 2.0?"

"I wish we had done it completely different."

Do I hear a UI 3.0???

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Sssshhhhhhh.

Now CW will be delayed until UI3.0.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
But UI 3.0 will fix everything... Honest!

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Russ is being very forthcoming, which is great, but at the same time, the sheer :stare: horror of what he's saying the and the competence level of the management/team doesn't really leave me with a lot of hope for the future.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The quirk stuff is, dare I say, exciting?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Where is this being streamed? Is it still NGNGTV?

Can we have saved mech configs (which has been in every Mechwarrior game)?

Russ: UUUUUUUUUhh....

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Oct 3, 2014

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.

Iron Tusk posted:

The quirk stuff is, dare I say, exciting?

Yeah, I'm liking the system. The only slight problem I have is that it seems like it will shoehorn mechs into certain builds. Sure, you could put an AC/10 in the Hunchback, but you get all these benefits for an AC/20..so, use that.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I hope the stream gets saved somewhere since I am currently shooting robits with goons.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jimbosaurus posted:

Yeah, I'm liking the system. The only slight problem I have is that it seems like it will shoehorn mechs into certain builds. Sure, you could put an AC/10 in the Hunchback, but you get all these benefits for an AC/20..so, use that.

But there's also a lot of variants. I think he said like the H is the AC/10 guy and the G is the 20. But that each will also get more good generic quirks as well.

Fake Edit: It also sounds like IGP was just the loving worst.

Oscar Wilde Bunch fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 3, 2014

dpidz0r
Jul 29, 2012

Drewjitsu posted:

Russ is being very forthcoming, which is great, but at the same time, the sheer :stare: horror of what he's saying the and the competence level of the management/team doesn't really leave me with a lot of hope for the future.
TL;DR summary? I got in around the time he was talking about how they diverted map making assets to mech making assets (nevermind what they said about that previously).

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dpidz0r posted:

TL;DR summary? I got in around the time he was talking about how they diverted map making assets to mech making assets (nevermind what they said about that previously).

IGP is awful, beyond that, it was over 3 solid hours of him talking. The first half was a lot of saying how they hosed various things up, a lot involving IGP being literally the worst. A metric ton of (awesome) stuff about the upcoming quirk system.

They are making a highlight reel that will be available.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

Yeah, I get that it's just words right now but for so long the only words we've had have been "uhhhhh, heat scale is better than heat capacity/cooling rate changes because i say it is" and "your on an island there". I know they're putting the change in behaviour down to the IGP split but I'm far more willing to believe that the enormous shitfit their customer base threw when they announced NotEliteHonest was a serious kick in the dick that's actually got them working on stuff to stop all those delicious wallets running away. If we hit December and they've delivered gently caress all then I'll be quite prepared to pull a g1mmel and make sure I can never play the game again, though.

ok, if we are getting the band back together I'll go download it and we can go get banned for being more than 10/0 kdr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Chrono found out how to collect all the people who don't understand satire into one convenient location!

• Locked thread