Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

Crawfish posted:

I like that we have entered the "to turn our enemies good again we must punch them almost to death" part of the story.

It is a shame though that the only person they've successfully achieved this with was immediately eaten.

Everything is food in Toriko. The story will end with Toriko eating the universe (prepared by Komatsu into some sort of pudding) and then eating himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Crawfish posted:

I like that we have entered the "to turn our enemies good again we must punch them almost to death" part of the story.

It is a shame though that the only person they've successfully achieved this with was immediately eaten.

It's probably better than just orbiting the world, being constantly punched.

...I wonder if the bits of him are still being punched while inside those birds.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

papasyhotcakes posted:

I thought he already had them? I mean it was implied when the two different methods of getting gourmet cells were shown, and explicitly showed when he finished slicing up Air in an instant as it was about to touch the ground.

Your right, I completely forgot that he had them and thought they were going to use him getting a new heart as an excuse to give him a powerup.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Toriko 295

Monkey fight!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Uh...did I just see a tsundere Horse King?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Horse King is still the best.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

pnumoman posted:

Uh...did I just see a tsundere Horse King?

That was exactly my first thought.

I-I-It's not like I stopped the steel clouds for you, Toriko-kun. :colbert:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Uhh you guys, clearly the Horse King joined Komatsu's harem because it knows he's the reason Air actually ripened the whole way for the first time in forever :colbert:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Are we not going to talk about Train Shark? Because he's amazing. Love that Toriko.

I wish he hadn't said the monkey king "eclipses" the Horse King tho. On par with or exceeds maybe, but the Horse along blasted half of Toriko off, how in the world are they supposed to touch something that much stronger?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Are we not going to talk about Train Shark? Because he's amazing. Love that Toriko.

I wish he hadn't said the monkey king "eclipses" the Horse King tho. On par with or exceeds maybe, but the Horse along blasted half of Toriko off, how in the world are they supposed to touch something that much stronger?

They all ate AIR and mastered a part of their food demons after dealing with Heracles, so that may be enough to go up against the next king.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

They seemed to imply that the monkey zone is more intelligent. I'm guessing monkey king knows more communication than horse king's "gently caress off. (death snort)" and they'll go in that direction.

But this is Toriko and I'm probably 0% accurate. Will still enjoy the ride.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
The name had to be Denshark, of course. It's just too good to be anything else.

Also tsundere Heracles :allears:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I think the real question is which King will become Zebra's partner.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

Ethiser posted:

I think the real question is which King will become Zebra's partner.

Well monkey king is going to be the most cocky, so maybe him.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ArchDemon posted:

Well monkey king is going to be the most cocky, so maybe him.

Oooh now I want him to be gourmet Sun Wu Kong.
The ultimate cocky bastard.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
To be fair, Sun Wu Kong had reason to be cocky in that he is a pretty big badass. He can beat just about everything, and anything he can't beat he can call in bigger guns to finish the job. It will be interesting to see how this all pans out, if only to see what kind of character this guy is.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
If PAIR turns out to be a peach of some sort I'm going to be so cross.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mr. Maltose posted:

It's obviously going to be a pear.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

PAIR is apparently a talking soup so I'm not sure where to start with speculation. v:v:v

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
PAIR is obviously the Monkey King's piss after ingesting some high quality ingredients.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
PAIR is the monkey king's nuts. The blue nitro want to cut them off, but the true way of cooking the ingredient is just to suck on them.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

DizzyBum posted:

PAIR is apparently a talking soup so I'm not sure where to start with speculation. v:v:v

Serious Frolicking posted:

PAIR is the monkey king's nuts. The blue nitro want to cut them off, but the true way of cooking the ingredient is just to suck on them.

Ah, of course, the legendary "Soup Two Nuts"

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Mr. Maltose posted:

It won't be a peach, it will be a pear. Don't eat the sticker.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

A full course is eight dishes.
There are Eight food kings.

Someone on the evil team will try and cook them. Youll see.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

A full course is eight dishes.
There are Eight food kings.

Someone on the evil team will try and cook them. Youll see.

You can't make a salad out of a horse.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Alopex posted:

If you don't try hard enough.

Heracaprese Salad. Boom, done.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Alopex posted:

I have to question whether you've actually read Toriko.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Alopex posted:

We have had fruits and vegetables that are meat. Surely the inverse is true in Torikoland.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Toriko 296

Honey, I shrunk the harem.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Zebra is reacting to this continent exactly how you would hope :allears:

Selane
May 19, 2006

Shugojin posted:

Zebra is reacting to this continent exactly how you would hope :allears:

Well yeah, Zebra has pretty much the same reaction to everything: don't get cocky or I'll yell lasers at you.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:black101: I'm the rules! :black101:

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Sharkchoo! :3:

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

:3:

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008
"Giant balls of What The gently caress are raining down on us!"

Thank you, translator. I needed that laugh.

Also wow, That sharkchoo was adorable :3:

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Zebra went Godzilla on that ape :aaa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATBxK66ciZQ

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I recently realized that, despite Zebra being the biggest badass and all that (both in terms of power, at least before Toriko's recent upgrades, and in actual size relative to the other guys), his power set is the least active. He usually just stands there and echolocates/screams at things while everyone else is doing crazy athletic things and running around and stuff. Zebra is basically the mage of the group.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Roland Jones posted:

I recently realized that, despite Zebra being the biggest badass and all that (both in terms of power, at least before Toriko's recent upgrades, and in actual size relative to the other guys), his power set is the least active. He usually just stands there and echolocates/screams at things while everyone else is doing crazy athletic things and running around and stuff. Zebra is basically the mage of the group.
He actually acknowledged that at some point I thought after the timeskip; since he has added actual PUNCHING to his fighting.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
No new chapter this week? I MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/297

• Locked thread