Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I love the comments.

quote:

I don't care about that there are no KMFDM boxers for men. But to all of you whiny rear end people who do I say you're thinking about this all wrong. When you buy woman's underwear for your girlfriend or who ever your not really buying it for them. Your buying it more for yourself because your the one enjoying the view while she is wearing or removing them. Most girls unfortunately don't care for KMFDM, I know their mistake. I'm just saying enjoy the underwear you bought for them. If she's cool enough to wear them then maybe she's cool enough to talk her into whatever you take it from there, I'm sure you can figure it out.
:holymoley:

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

KMFDM, 'doing it' again?

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.
Speaking of, they uploaded the first full song off Our Time Will Come on the soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/kmfdm_official It comes out on the 14th this month, I got to help again. :D

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Quirk posted:

Speaking of, they uploaded the first full song off Our Time Will Come on the soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/kmfdm_official It comes out on the 14th this month, I got to help again. :D

Hey, grats, man! Good to see you doing well. Any news on your album? What you released ruled and then we stopped hearing about it.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Quirk posted:

Nice one congrats.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
KMFDM have been fairly shameless about self promotions since pretty much forever, at least since Angst, which had the first "KMFDM song about KMFDM" ("Sucks", if you're wondering. Apropos for many people in this thread), which also explains why there's been one on every album since the end of MDFMK.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The KMFDM songs about KMFDM are usually some of the best songs on their respective albums. Like DIY, Sucks and Light, Inane, Megalomaniac, Bitches... Krank and Kunst were pretty bad, though. Or maybe not bad, but just generic "KMFDM songs about KMFDM".

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

DRUG AGAINST WAR

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

teethgrinder posted:

DRUG AGAINST WAR

KMFDM is! a-loe against war!

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Full Battle Rattle posted:

KMFDM have been fairly shameless about self promotions since pretty much forever, at least since Angst, which had the first "KMFDM song about KMFDM" ("Sucks", if you're wondering. Apropos for many people in this thread), which also explains why there's been one on every album since the end of MDFMK.

Totally not wanting to start a derail, but I think "More and Faster" showed up on UAIOE and that song is also arguably a KFMDM song about KMFDM.

"we abominate music we're hear for cash"

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

hatelull posted:

Totally not wanting to start a derail, but I think "More and Faster" showed up on UAIOE and that song is also arguably a KFMDM song about KMFDM.

"Arguably?" They name check themselves, so it's definitely about the band. It is also the best KMFDM song about KMFDM. White and trashy and incredibly dumb.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

mennoknight posted:

"Arguably?" They name check themselves, so it's definitely about the band. It is also the best KMFDM song about KMFDM. White and trashy and incredibly dumb.

Yeah, well I was trying to be non-combative. It's definitely my favorite KMFDM song that doesn't feature a guest vocalist. However, I think my favorite self-referential KMFDM track is the one on XTORT that name checks a lot of the previous LP's.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

mennoknight posted:

White and trashy and incredibly dumb.
Any way you could fit that into 5 letters?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

hatelull posted:

Yeah, well I was trying to be non-combative. It's definitely my favorite KMFDM song that doesn't feature a guest vocalist. However, I think my favorite self-referential KMFDM track is the one on XTORT that name checks a lot of the previous LP's.

I really, really like DIY for the self-referential thing.

ENDS WITH AN M
BEGINS WITH A K

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

The KMFDM songs about KMFDM are usually some of the best songs on their respective albums. Like DIY, Sucks and Light, Inane, Megalomaniac, Bitches... Krank and Kunst were pretty bad, though. Or maybe not bad, but just generic "KMFDM songs about KMFDM".

Megalomaniac is unironically my favorite KMFDM song, and SALVATION is pretty close to it now!

ninja edit:
ALSO - Who else is hype for the Alliance of Sound tour hitting the West Coast of the US? ONLY 2 MONTHS HNNNGH

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:
Wait... your telling me that Aloe Vera Drink guy makes music?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

hatelull posted:

Inane is a great track, but so is every track on XTORT.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

hatelull posted:

Oh wow, I actually didn't know that. I listened to UAIOE once, when I bought it, and hated it. It's easily the album I like the least. So that explains it.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Listening to Clan of Xymox at the moment. I like this band. But the crowd when I saw them perform live wins the record for most clenched-rear end uptight goth crowd I've ever been in.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Unf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS2X5b4uAOA

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

I like it.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

The mix is a mess but I love the 'industrial shoegaze' sound.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

teethgrinder posted:

The mix is a mess but I love the 'industrial shoegaze' sound.

This is the phrase I've been waiting for my whole life without knowing it.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

teethgrinder posted:

'industrial shoegaze'

Very noice

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I missed this from last month, but fun stuff here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGBMwcli3Hs

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Omi-Polari posted:

I missed this from last month, but fun stuff here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGBMwcli3Hs

Why is a video of Chris Pohl making coffee so funny?

He seems like just the chillest guy :allears:

edit: Chris Pohl owns because he very obviously doesn't take himself seriously at all, but you wouldn't believe how huffy the mere mention of the word "Blutengel" gets certain ultra serious hardcore goth types. It's funny.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 4, 2014

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

edit: Chris Pohl owns because he very obviously doesn't take himself seriously at all, but you wouldn't believe how huffy the mere mention of the word "Blutengel" gets certain ultra serious hardcore goth types. It's funny.
lol

I think another thing is that while he has fun with his shtick, he works really hard and understands the business side of music. I just wish they toured more outside of Germany.

Oh he's working on a song called Inside of Me. Ohhhh my. :bigtran:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The next Unheilig album is gonna be the last one :(

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So I feel like this has been a bad year for music generally. What's good in gothy stomp stomp music this year? There's Project Pitchfork, but I'm struggling to think of other stuff. There's a new SITD album coming out this month...

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Omi-Polari posted:

So I feel like this has been a bad year for music generally. What's good in gothy stomp stomp music this year? There's Project Pitchfork, but I'm struggling to think of other stuff. There's a new SITD album coming out this month...

Depends how you're defining gothy stomp stomp music but in my opinion there's been new good stuff by Youth Code, 3Teeth, rabbitjunk, cyanotic, chrysalide, by my enemy, mr kitty, antigen shift, black sheep screaming, statiqbloom and zex model.

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:
I agree with Puntification, there has been alot of new decent music this year.

Also Blush Response just put out an album, and easily has the coolest video Ive seen this year:
http://youtu.be/F84wD9yjNWI

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

I'm Going To Spread Saikyo All Over The World!!
Sad to say the UK label Juggernaut just went belly up.

Also that Blush Response video was amazing.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Konstruct posted:

Sad to say the UK label Juggernaut just went belly up.

Also that Blush Response video was amazing.

What, your label? That's definitely a bummer, they had some decent projects there.

e: just saw your post on Facebook. Kinda surprising, I figured Juggernaut had their poo poo together. Hoping the best for your project mang, it's great poo poo.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 10, 2014

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
Another sneak peek from KMFDM's OTWC:

http://soundeo.com/track/kmfdm-respekt-original-mix-5769964.html

aw yiss

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Brought to you by Brawndo(tm)! Brawndo gives you rocket wings!

fake: worn out joke I know

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

I'm Going To Spread Saikyo All Over The World!!

What, your label? That's definitely a bummer, they had some decent projects there.

e: just saw your post on Facebook. Kinda surprising, I figured Juggernaut had their poo poo together. Hoping the best for your project mang, it's great poo poo.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm going to keep recording stuff in the mean time and submit it to a few labels.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

A sneak peek? The album's out. At least iTunes let me buy it.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Yeah, it came just came out. It's already on Spotify as well.

Checking it out a bit and you know what, it seems like it's actually worth a listen.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Played the first track, heard "Hello Teenage America" and rolled my eyes.

I dunno, sounds the same as the last several to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
Speaking of which

quote:

K here:
for the past few months i've been sifting thru tons of ADAT's, multitrack tapes, DAT's and disks in an attempt to put together the ultimate KMFDM sound library, spanning the entire 30 years of KMFDM's existence.
I have tentatively named this project SOUND & DRIVE.
In a little bit from now (next couple months) i will make this library available to you in the form of a pre-order-only-purchase.
Though i am far from knowing exactly how much data it will end up consisting of once all is said and done, i can already foresee it being pretty huge. Therefore i decided to make it available in 2 different ways.
1) a hard disk drive with all of the content on it sent to you
2) bundles of individual album projects delivered digitally to you
File formats will be .wav, 24-bit, 44.1 kHz sampling rate.
Content will be organized by album, individual songs with parts of arrangement in linear format as well as broken down into sound categories, for instance loops with bpm stated, individual drum hits, bass lines, song starters etc.
To make it short for now, this will provide a plethora of sonic wealth for the for the professional music producer as well as for the technically inclinded KMFDM follower, using the sounds of KMFDM free of license in any way you can imagine...
It would, at this stage be helpful to hear some feedback from you, input if you have any, thoughts ideas, manifestations of interest etc., so please fire away !