Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Gotta let that HR get them to within three, then the 'pen will feel the pressure needed to get those last 9 outs. Oh wait hamilton is up nevermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
The whistler needs to shut the gently caress up

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Some Numbers posted:

This is a good point; do they refund the tickets for the games that don't happen?

yes

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

Some Numbers posted:

This is a good point; do they refund the tickets for the games that don't happen?

Yes

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

gently caress that whistling person

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Some Numbers posted:

Of course.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Tetrix posted:

gently caress that whistling person

frumpus
Nov 28, 2005

But those people's chances of getting ALCS tickets at this point are like zero.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
How dare you doubt Ned's mad scientist management style.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

frumpus posted:

But those people's chances of getting ALCS tickets at this point are like zero.

Stubhub.

I just bought tix for Cards/Dodgers Game 4 today.

frumpus
Nov 28, 2005

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Stubhub.

I just bought tix for Cards/Dodgers Game 4 today.

From the horror stories I've heard, Royals tickets are a bit different. I've never seen this town so crazy. That said, I haven't checked stubhub so I may be talking out my rear end.

e: rear end talking confirmed, looks like there are some.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Playoff tickets are one of the few things I have no problem getting gouged for.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

FairGame posted:

Playoff tickets are one of the few things I have no problem getting gouged for.

The tix I bought for Game 4 today weren't even bad. $45 each. Sure they are upper deck, but very reasonable.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
this O's / Royals ALCS is going to own so, so hard :getin:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

The tix I bought for Game 4 today weren't even bad. $45 each. Sure they are upper deck, but very reasonable.

Must be nice. Last time I looked, standing room only tickets for the ALCS were going for like $200.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Mexican Radio posted:

this O's / Royals ALCS is going to own so, so hard :getin:

Only if the Orioles win. :D

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

frumpus posted:

From the horror stories I've heard, Royals tickets are a bit different. I've never seen this town so crazy. That said, I haven't checked stubhub so I may be talking out my rear end.

e: rear end talking confirmed, looks like there are some.

$300 seems a bit steep. I paid $500 for cards World Series game 7, and that seems like the gougiest of opportunities.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

That seems astonishly cheap.

frumpus
Nov 28, 2005

lol, 'parking passes only - starting at $130'

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

gently caress, that's amazing.

I'm still debating if i want to go to stl this year. Flight plus hotel already is unfortunate. Will probably do World Series if we are so lucky though.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Kawalimus posted:

Only if the Orioles win. :D

I think it might own more if the Royals win.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

frumpus posted:

lol, 'parking passes only - starting at $130'

Yup, forgot to mention those. It's ridiculous. I'm not paying that much to go. I have the money, I just have too much poo poo to buy for my house.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I think I paid about $95 for an NLCS ticket last year, and got lucky on the Cards site and got a seat to Game 5 of the WS for $250.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Jesus, how many Angels pitchers are we up to now?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Jesus Christ I just compared stubhub prices for cards postseason to royals postseason.

What in the gently caress, cards fans, why are they so relatively inexpensive? And who the hell can afford the KC prices?

frumpus
Nov 28, 2005

FairGame posted:

$300 seems a bit steep. I paid $500 for cards World Series game 7, and that seems like the gougiest of opportunities.

WS tickets for Royals home games are starting at a bit over $700

frumpus
Nov 28, 2005

FairGame posted:

Jesus Christ I just compared stubhub prices for cards postseason to royals postseason.

What in the gently caress, cards fans, why are they so relatively inexpensive? And who the hell can afford the KC prices?

a 29 year postseason drought will do that

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Jesus, how many Angels pitchers are we up to now?

and yet Angels fans are pretty much unfazed by the pitcher usage because we've had bullpen days since Richards got hurt and a few bonus ones thanks to CJ and Santiago.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

FairGame posted:

No clue, but the seats behind the plate are in the $5k neighborhood for the ALCS.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, Pujols you jerk.

That was pretty funny though.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

FairGame posted:

It's almost as it being in the postseason each year diminishes the appeal of being there.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

fknlo posted:

No clue, but the seats behind the plate are in the $5k neighborhood for the ALCS.

holy gently caress

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Ambassador of Funk posted:

It's almost as it being in the postseason each year diminishes the appeal of being there.
yeah, if you live in bandwagon city

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

yeah, if you live in bandwagon city

Is that a dig at St. Louis or San Francisco?

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Ambassador of Funk posted:

Is that a dig at St. Louis or San Francisco?

both, I would think

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

PILE ON

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARHplTgCsVs

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

holy gently caress

Yeah, and there aren't many available. Like only 2 of the 5 or 6 sections had any open. Who the gently caress are these people?

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

lol the best game just got a little better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

annnnnnd ANOTHER Angels pitcher god drat

How the gently caress is this the team with the best MLB record?

• Locked thread