Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Poison Mushroom posted:

...that is actually a very, very good point.

Vote to exile Tarbrush.

Votes are done via PM, I believe :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
It also just came to my attention that he has claimed to hold a food, which actually I'm fairly certain I can disprove. I feel there is a preponderance of circumstantial evidence here to convict.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Max Peck posted:

Votes are done via PM, I believe :)
poo poo.

Well, I was pretty clear about my feelings, anyways.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
OK, so everyone hates me. Nice.

By way of explanation. The medicine crisis was a pure fuckup on the scale of GTR saying he had stuff for the objective. I thought the current crisis was food, and put the medicine one next cause everyone and his dog was at the hospital. And I was honest with my crisis comments.

As for weapons, I don't get the hate? The sniper rifle doesn't require actions and offsets David's lovely zombie killing powers, and we need to equip weapons to everyone. David seemed like the obvious beneficiary.

Contrary to GTR's assertion, I have a food and I'm happy to pass it off to prove my bona fides. What else can I do to prove I'm innocent? I've made no noise, I've killed zombies, I've not hidden any of my cards from anyone.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
I'm just making dinner so will come back to GTR's actions later, but in the meantime a vote to exile has been initiated.

All players must vote:

1: Exile tarbrush or
2: Don't exile tarbrush

Please send me your votes via PM.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won.
Max Peck - is there any way I can get a heal for Gabriel at the Gas Station? I know going there is risky, but I don't think there's any other way to save him otherwise, and we can't take too many morale hits. I can give you stuff or keep an eye out for items if you need anything, and I promise to search for medicine and heal her if she gets frostbite on the trip. I'll have considerable searching power now that I have three people, and might turn up more.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

This crisis is incredibly brutal. I can't imagine it being worse than the tools crisis that got shuffled down, and even if it were equally bad, we should have a bunch of starting tools at the ready.

If Tarbrush gets exiled and IS the traitor, those exiled survivors are going to be hitting us at the remote locations. That means noise, zombies being attracted, everything. We need to start thinking about our strategy with filling important buildings so exiled people can't get in, and the zombie management that will come from that. Minimal noise, lots of barricades, etc.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

I definitely want to do something along the lines of healing Gabriel, although I haven't figured out exactly how to accomplish things yet.

Vague thoughts:
free - barricade entrance 2
2 - search the school and make all the noise, hoping for medicine and something else useful
move Arthur elsewhere?
6 - search the hospital, make no noise, just hope to get lucky on meds for the crisis or fuel for a safe trip to the gas station
move Olivia to gas station, heal Gabriel
1 - barricade gas station

That leaves me with a 1 (a 2 with Brian's ability). Arthur could search again (at his new location if he doesn't go back to the colony), a food from the supply could turn that into a 3 for Olivia's search (and the 6 can then be an attack if needed). Some of it's going to depend on the first search, I guess.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

We need to save some tools for the next crisis, but I can definitely give one to someone with bad dice if it's requested.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Mm, I think I'll be fine without. Mayorship's gotta be good for something.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thought: if tar is the traitor, we should probably just tank this crisis. It'll hurt, but we don't have the time to both take care of it and brace for impact.

Maybe get some prep for the tool crisis, too.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

If we tank this crisis we lose on my next turn, I'm pretty sure.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Do we? How much morale are we expecting to lose?

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Considering every survivor currently out is wounded at least once, we have 5/6 of the top influence survivors out already (the soldier, Thomas Heart, is 60), and likely the traitor is the only one with meds?

5. Out of 4.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

DoW edit: 64, not 60. Still waking up, sorry.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

We over extended too early then?

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

I'm just saying there's very little chance of someone pulling a sufficiently high-influence survivor from the deck (they'd be uninjured and not die from frostbite from failing the crisis).

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Yeah, speaking of more survivors, it'd actually be pretty great if we stopped adding more people now that we've got some other pretty big pressing concerns to dig for.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..

quote:

Discussions are had and fingers pointed. Voices are raised, and tensions stretch to breaking point as you try and decide who afflicted the colony with the worst case of food poisoning you've ever seen. In the end, the decision is nearly unanimous. Talia has to go! Her strange murmured warnings and collection of crystals convince you that something is not quite right about that woman, and with little further ado you eject her from the colony. Something in the look she gives you as she leaves tells you that you've made the right decision - a cold determined glare that makes you dread the next time you run into her.

Although David didn't seem to be involved, you kick him out as well since he'd been hanging around Talia. I guess you could say he'd been.... tarred with the same brush....

:cool:

tarbrush has been exiled! tarbrush is revealed as a Betrayer.

tarbrush choose a location where you want to move Talia

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

GTR spends his lowest dice to attract zombies to the lighthouse. 1 zombie removed from each location

Can you please confirm your other actions GTR since there've been a few changes since you made them with tarbrush getting exiled and receiving 2 additional food cards from Max.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

Tarbruuush!!! :argh:

So, the situation at the colony isn't so dire now that the lighthouse thing happens.

We need that medicine though, or we can't take the loss we'll get from the next event... Hm.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
The sad thing is that literally everything except the unnecessary sabotage of the mission was sheer incompetence rather than malice.

Hey ho, I can just murder all of you to make myself feel better.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I have been rolling like poo poo on my dice, otherwise I'd just offer to clear the zombies and we can full tilt search the hospital again and hope for the best. Tar can't add to any more crisis anything, and I have one medicine from my idiocy - that - worked - out last round, so we need four more.

I guess our best bet is to search places, and then all clear back to the colony so we don't attract any more zeds?

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

You only need 4 medicine for the crisis now (or 6 to gain a morale) since tarbrush has been exiled.

That was kinda unfortunate for you tarbrush that only 3 people ended up contributing to the crisis - makes it kinda hard to hide :)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, rad, that's even more doable, then.

I think I'm right, but just to clarify: We can move after searching, correct?

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

I have a medicine card I can add that I picked up on a preset search instruction.

We also need to plan after we know where Talia is going. She's already wounded, and her special ability can tank us... if you guys catch my drift.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

I think it's just time we talked about going pro-ice here is what I mean

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Yes, each survivor can move once during your turn, before or after any other actions.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Jon to Gas Station
Copy Fireman Power
Use Fireman Power
Jon Searches (4) NO NOISE
Andrew Builds 2 Barricades (1)
Andrew Searches (5)
Wait for additional information

I want to move Jon to the gas station for my own important purposes, if you guys think you can handle the crisis this turn. The Police Station, where I had originally intended to move him, just isn't safe, but we need weapons among other things and fuel can help us move without taking anymore damage. Filling up all available slots also prevents the traitor from attracting zombies or making a place go crazy with noise.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Arg. Sorry, should've chosen location earlier. Don't I get a revised secret agenda too?

Talia to the gas station

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Jon to Gas Station
Copy Fireman Power
Use Fireman Power
Jon Searches (4) NO NOISE
Andrew Builds 2 Barricades (1)
Andrew Searches (5)
Wait for additional information

I want to move Jon to the gas station for my own important purposes, if you guys think you can handle the crisis this turn. The Police Station, where I had originally intended to move him, just isn't safe, but we need weapons among other things and fuel can help us move without taking anymore damage. Filling up all available slots also prevents the traitor from attracting zombies or making a place go crazy with noise.

Dude, if that turn works, you just killed Gabriel Garcia. What's the deal?

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

Gabriel is going to die this round if he's not healed, and there's only one spot left. But I guess Tarbrush has the same strategy so it probably doesn't matter. :sigh:

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

Correction, Gabriel Diaz is the one going to die if not healed by the doctor. Also, now is NOT the time for secret agendas, we have to not lose next turn, then worry about actually pulling out of this nosedive of a situation.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Talia moves to the Gas Station, condemning Gabriel to a slow death from frostbite

GTR to revise actions as Gas Station is now full of people!

tarbrush, you do not get a new objective. One of the changes I'm trying out - the new objectives you get from being exiled seemed to be one of the most unbalanced parts of the game since they could range in difficulty to trivially easy (or even already achieved) through to literally impossible. So your objective is as it was before, only you will have to find other ways to lower morale now than tanking crises.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Well, the turn didn't go through, but I also apparently need to double check frostbite rules because I keep loving them up. Sorry, I didn't mean to kill the Fireman :smith:

Well, where should Jon Price go? I'll resolve the rest of my turn and then wait to decide about Jon Price

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I misread the Frosbite rules as applying at the beginning of the round and not at the beginning of the affected player's turn.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Andrew builds two barricades at the Grocery Store, then searches. Cards sent, keep or make noise?

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Keep cards
Play 1 Card into Crisis
Wait

Still not sure what to do with Jon Price. Leave him at the Colony? Trust me, there will be enough food. I could search again with Andrew? I worry the Grocery Store is going to get overrun if Tarbrush comes here and makes a shitton of noise. Maybe I should leave?

Move Jon to the hospital, copy Olivia's power, and help heal?

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Locus posted:

Also, now is NOT the time for secret agendas, we have to not lose next turn, then worry about actually pulling out of this nosedive of a situation.

We'll be fine. Ish.

And basically I'm in a situation where I will basically lose the game no matter what happens unless a series of extremely improbably events happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Gravy Train Robber posted:

We'll be fine. Ish.

And basically I'm in a situation where I will basically lose the game no matter what happens unless a series of extremely improbably events happen.
Yeah, so are all of us.

• Locked thread