Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Apparently I've played this whole situation masterfully?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

tarbrush posted:

Apparently I've played this whole situation masterfully?
If it makes you feel better, double-medicine was a bit of a master stroke, accidental or not.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Screw it

Andrew Searches Again With last Die
Play 3 "1 Food" Starter cards into Supply

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Andrew searches at the Grocery Store. Cards sent. Keep?

GTR plays 3 food into the supply

GTR, any free actions?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thought: If we pile back into the center, we'll be mostly safe, but a single bite could wipe half of us out.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Play 1 more card into the Crisis
Move Andrew to Colony
Play 1 more Starter Food into the pile

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
GTR plays another card into the crisis

Andrew moves to the colony. Andrew is unaffected by exposure!

GTR adds one more food to the colony

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Morale: 4
Rounds: 4
Food: 5
Crisis cards: 2
Waste: 8

Players

Max Peck

Brian Lee: Mayor, 68 3 4; Anywhere: Once per round you may increase an unused action die you control by 1. Wounded x1
Equipped: 1, 2, 3 Barricades: (Book, School) Equip: Once per round, during your turn, you may build a barricade without spending an action die if this survivor is at the colony.
Arthur Thurston: Principal, 62 4 2; School: Once per round when performing a search at the school you may look at and keep 1 additional card. Wounded x1
Olivia Brown: Doctor, 56 4 3; Anywhere: Once per round you may remove any type of wound token from a survivor that shares a location with Olivia. Olivia may use this ability on herself. Wounded x1
Cards: 2
Dice: 1 6 2 1

Poison Mushroom

Daniel Smith: Sheriff, 66 2 5; Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once. Wounded x1
Brandon Kane: Janitor, 26 2 4; Colony: Once per round you may remove 5 cards instead of 3 from the waste pile when taking the clean waste action. Wounded x1
Cards: 2
Dice: 1 3 4

Locus

Gabriel Diaz: Fireman, 60 2 3; Anywhere: Once per round when Gabriel is at a location with an item deck, you may reveal the top 4 cards of that item deck. If you revealed any outsider cards you may place 1 into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into the item deck Frostbitex1, Wounded x1
Harman Brooks: Park Ranger, 32 3 3; Anywhere: If Harman would receive a frostbite wound, he received a wound instead. Woundedx2
Sophie Robinson: Pilot, 58 4 1; Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top card of a single location's item deck. After you have looked at the card, place it back on top of that item deck. Wounded x1
Cards: 4
Dice: 2 2 4 6

tarbrush

David Garcia: Accountant, 50 4 3; Anywhere: When performing a search with David you may look at 1 additional card. Wounded x1
Equipped: Tikka T3 Tactical Rifle: (Weapon, Police Station) Equip: Once per round you may kill 1 zombie at any location. Do not roll for exposure. This is not an attack. It does not cost you an action die.
Talia Jones: Fortune Teller, 28 3 1; Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top 2 cards of the crisis deck and place them back in any order. Then you may say exactly 2 words to all players about the crisis cards, nothing more. Wounded x1
Equipped: Colt 1911 Pistol: (Weapon, Police Station) Equip: Once per round, when this survivor performs an attack do not roll for exposure.
Dice: 2 1 6

Gravy Train Robber

Andrew Evans: Farmer, 12 3 3; Grocery Store: Once per round when performing a search at the grocery store you may look at and keep 1 additional card. Wounded x1
Equipped: Hammer: (Tool, Grocery Store) Equip: Once per round, when performing a barricade action, you may build 2 barricades instead of 1 at this survivor's location.
John Price: Student, 18 3 3; Non-colony: When John is not at the colony, he is considered to have the ability of every other survivor he shares a location with. Wounded x1
Dice: 4 1 6 5

Action queue: Max Peck's turn

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
Well, um. poo poo.

Arthur 2: search School while I think about what else to do.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Arthur searches at the school. Card sent, keep?

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Ugh, terrible right now.

Noise, twice.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Arthur makes noise at the school, figuring he'll work out how to deal with the zombies later..

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

To be clear, noise again (#2). I've got one card I want to keep, but I'm feeling greedy.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Arthur can't resist the urge to bang dustbin lids together. Another card sent! Choose two to keep (or more noise)

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Hm. That's not really what I wanted, but I'm gonna cash it in, I think.

Keep the most recent 2 cards
Play: 2 Outsiders: (Outsiders, School) Event: Add the top card of the survivor deck to your following and place their matching standee at the colony. Add 1 helpless survivor token to the colony.
Play 1 card into the crisis

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Ashley Ross joins Max's following and a helpless survivor joins the colony

Ashley Ross: Construction Worker, 52 2 5; Anywhere: Once per round you may perform a barricade action without using an action die.

Max plays a card into the crisis

Any other free actions?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jesus Christ please make a barricade.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

I've only even used one die so far!

Ashley: use ability to barricade entrance 2
Brian: use ability to turn a 1 into 2
Ashley 2: attack zombie in entrance 3
Brian: use book to barricade entrance 3

I want to see the exposure result on the attack before figuring out where to move people.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

DoW edit: Er, bold all of that middle bit.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Oops kinda getting ahead of myself.

Ashley builds a barricade

Ashley destroys a zombie at entrance 3. Ashley is unaffected by exposure.

Brian barricades entrance 3

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Max Peck posted:

Hm. That's not really what I wanted, but I'm gonna cash it in, I think.

Keep the most recent 2 cards
Play: 2 Outsiders: (Outsiders, School) Event: Add the top card of the survivor deck to your following and place their matching standee at the colony. Add 1 helpless survivor token to the colony.
Play 1 card into the crisis

:shepicide:

*begins weeping*

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Sorry, I just really, really want actions. And while Ashley's not who I wanted, more free barricades really helps.

Do we have someone who intends to take out a zombie from entrance 4 yet? I could use the 6 to do that (still risking exposure) and the other 1 to barricade it too, or use the 6 to get another search off.

Poison Mushroom, are you intending to keep up the defense of the Hospital? Should I heal the sheriff with Olivia?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

We need the hospital, I think. There's no way to make this medicine search otherwise. And there's no way for me to both kill two zombies AND search.

So, here's my plan on my turn.

Use Janitor to put up a barricade (1-pip), then search (4-pip). Then, move Janitor home, use Sheriff to try to kill a dude, then move sheriff home, assuming he survives.

You might want to get the doc out of the hospital before you end your turn, just in case I get bit while shooting zeds.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won.
If you get bit, you can choose to end the survivor there. It's only if you roll to see if you can survive the bite that you risk spreading it. At least that's what the manual says.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

The character I just got (now my primary, once Gabriel dies) is REALLY GOOD at searching. If there's a spot open for me somewhere safe, I can spend most of my dice doing that.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

I kinda don't want to move the Doc after healing someone, because if she gets frostbit we'll be very sad.

Tentative, intentionally non-bolded plan:
Ashley 6: attack zombie in entrance 4
Brian 1: barricade entrance 4
Arthur: move to library
Olivia: move to grocery store
Olivia: heal self if frostbit, heal Harman if blank/wound

Locus: a bite result always kills the survivor that rolled it (well except for Sparky), it's the next survivor up that chooses to roll or not.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Do you think moving to the grocery store without searching it is a good idea? That's one more zed than there would be, and it's our second best bet for meds.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Only because it's already somewhat barricaded, yes. It's that or take her back to the colony and consume more food.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Also, Harman's at 2 wounds.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

Just remember, you can only move a survivor once per turn. Meaning that we need to coordinate because we can't leave any open spots for Tarbrush to get into. If a spot is open, he can either sacrifice a character, or use his higher-ranked guy to attract an overflow of zombies.

I want to get the pilot out into a location to search, so if we can agree on a spot, I can pop into it before Tarbrush's turn. Her ability also lets her look at ANY card, but since Tarbrush goes right after me, I probably won't make that info public.

Max Peck posted:

Locus: a bite result always kills the survivor that rolled it (well except for Sparky), it's the next survivor up that chooses to roll or not.

drat, you're right.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Alright. In that case, then yes, let's pile into the grocery store. I can actually move the Sheriff there to fill up the last spot instead of moving him back to base, if you guy think that's best. That leaves us with a very zed-filled Hospital, but that might be okay ,since I don't think we'll NEED medicine for a while after this.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

I'm going to go to sleep, but good luck planning. Just leave a spot for me to do some searching in.

If anyone has extra starter gas (assuming that's more likely to be given away), we might want to start using it for important travel...

My money is on Tarbrush trying to hole up in the gas station since it's a two-person spot. Unless he finds more people. Nothing we can do to stop him though, short of killing his main guy, which would be tricky.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Keep in mind tarbrush is last this round--we need to get everything done while moving people around.

That probably means I do need to deal with the zombie at 4, since Sohpie's the only other survivor there who's yet to go this round.

So, let's lock this in first:

Ashley 6: attack zombie in entrance 4
Brian 1: barricade entrance 4

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

There are three spots at the grocery store to fill:
* Harman
* Daniel?
* Sophie? (it's her choice, I suppose)

Are we planning to entirely clear out of the hospital?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Also, can we just agree to always put down anyone who gets bit unless they're literally the only person left at their location? I'd really not leave something like that up to the whims of fate and the sunk cost fallacy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, I go next, we can see how my search, and how much noise I have to make to find a medicine to decide whether to fully clear out. But it might not be a terrible idea. We still need 2 more meds, not counting the one I already have.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

Poison Mushroom posted:

Also, can we just agree to always put down anyone who gets bit unless they're literally the only person left at their location? I'd really not leave something like that up to the whims of fate and the sunk cost fallacy.

No, because if we're down to 1 morale after the bite you'd better believe you're gonna roll for the next survivor :v: But I agree that in most cases we will not want to roll.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Well, I go next, we can see how my search, and how much noise I have to make to find a medicine to decide whether to fully clear out. But it might not be a terrible idea. We still need 2 more meds, not counting the one I already have.

We only need 4 total now, and there are now 3 cards played to the crisis (2 from GTR, 1 from me). If you're holding on to one, we're good.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, poo poo, really? :toot:

Alright, then, let's brace for impact on poo poo. Should we clear zeds or go after tools?

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

If we make a huge point of stockpiling tools tarbrush will probably just switch the crisis order.

I'd say go for food for now and actually maybe make a little progress towards our win condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Ashley kills a zombie at entrance 4. Her lucky streak continues and she is unaffected by exposure

Brian builds a barricade at entrance 4

• Locked thread