Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

I've got SR Pro Andre, Mark Henry, Big Show and UR (non pro) Big show with the Paige SR Pro and mine barely tips Epic. (just checking because I was pretty sure roughly what I had before).

ONe of those dudes is sandbagging you at least. I know the Sandow is not the best card in the UR tier, you'd be better off maxing out something with a little more rating power.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
just made it to Epic++. do any Epics drop here or is it as useless as the first two ranks?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Never made it into the contender's bracket for a UR KoTR, placed fourth in my current Epic KoTR, thinking I might be able to swing quarter finals and score a UR support card. Here's hoping.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Bard Maddox posted:

just made it to Epic++. do any Epics drop here or is it as useless as the first two ranks?

Completely useless.

I'm at 4500 games and I've had 3 UR's drop and that's the best I've seen out of exhibition.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I have received 4 UR drops since my initial one. 2 were support cards. For point of reference I'm at about 4000 games.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ugh. Won my Epic KOTR, got a pair of AJ Lee's. Inferior in every way to my current Epic Pro Naomi, which is the best possible epic diva.

Oh well. Another two days.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Now you've got a B-team diva for KoTR at least :shobon:

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO
Well good job 2K and WWE, making GBS threads on the good will the next-gen version of 2K15 was building up by making a key wrestler as a stupid DLC exclusive.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Making a desired but not essential character DLC seems like a smart marketing move to me. The people who want Paige will pay for her. Or will she be the free compatibility DLC?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

You have a pretty weird definition of essential, dude. You should expect a game to come with the most important current wrestlers as standard.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Blasmeister posted:

You have a pretty weird definition of essential, dude. You should expect a game to come with the most important current wrestlers as standard.
Would you say that you deserve it?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Day-one DLC is something people (weakly) fought against and lost several years ago. It's also a good way of disincentivizing second-hand sale. You'll still be paying 2K pretty good money even if you wait for a retail price drop / Buy it used, provided you want everyone. DLC is welded to profiles, not discs

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 8, 2014

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bhester posted:

Making a desired but not essential character DLC seems like a smart marketing move to me. The people who want Paige will pay for her. Or will she be the free compatibility DLC?
They needed space for Tyson Kidd.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Is anyone else having problems with match load times for Supercard? Since sometime last night, it's taken about 30 seconds to go from picking my opponent to the start of the match.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Basic Chunnel posted:

Day-one DLC is something people (weakly) fought against and lost several years ago. It's also a good way of disincentivizing second-hand sale. You'll still be paying 2K pretty good money even if you wait for a retail price drop / Buy it used, provided you want everyone. DLC is welded to profiles, not discs

This seems to be tied to the season pass rather than as a buy new incentive, though. Demanding people buy all the DLC before it's even announced upfront for a character that should be standard is pretty bad even by current standards.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Bhester posted:

Not essential multi time Divas champion.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The 'Season Pass' model exists because publishers do not expect people will want to buy all the DLC anyway, so the 'discount' it includes doesn't actually impact their projected revenue and they get more money faster than if everybody bought the few pieces of DLC they want as they're released. Selling four things for the price of three is better than people only buying two. Just like pre-orders, it is a system which only benefits the publisher and is of no value to the consumer, unless holding content to ransom can be considered value. Holding back a character who can easily be argued to be critical as part of that Season Pass is simply additional strongarming to further guarantee additional revenue for the publisher. It's a filthy tactic and definitely is a new low, but even if Paige was part of the regular roster, any Season Pass system is a dirty practice.

But yes, it completely works. Just like they get away with reskinning the same tired game every year, just as MMO games still get away with inflated subscription models and the same way fighting games can be re-released over and over with increasing 'Ultra' editions for the lifespan of a hardware generation. There are so few alternatives available to consumers, publishers can force just about anything they wish. WWE2k15 will be a top-seller, I hear pre-order numbers are already the highest they've been in years and the Season Pass will be bought by almost everybody. We can scream 'til we're blue in the face, but utlimately if we want to play the game we've got to take all their bullshit. The days of unlocking things by completing tasks within a game are long gone. We pay up or we get an inferior game, those are our options.

Bhester posted:

Or will she be the free compatibility DLC?
Nope. The wording is explicit and the same as they used in previous years: the only way to get her is to buy the Season Pass, which means committing a large lump sum for all the DLC, regardless of whether you want all that DLC and, most often, before you're able to know what all that DLC is. They have no need for any kind of 'compatibility' DLC because all this content is always already on every disc to begin with. (As it was last year, and the year before that.)
Sting may be made available later, as Ultimate Warrior was. They mostly have to do this because they can't secure the same pre-order bonuses and systems in every region. There's no way Paige will be made available any other way, though. The Outsiders were never put out other than as part of the Season Pass, though we did get Virgil for free!

Skunkrocker posted:

Who's on the show every single week, if not multiple times per week.
And on every PPV since her debut.
And is one of their primary meet-n-greet/touring attractions.
And who has more merchandise than most of the male roster.

I mean okay, sure, I'm biased as all gently caress, but it really is bizarre to think somebody that prominent in the product isn't essential.

pressedbunny fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 8, 2014

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

If they're going big on the NXT stuff, she was the biggest thing in the women's division there by several leagues.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Skunkrocker posted:

Basically yeah.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Basically yeah.

Pretty much. I hate it as much, if not more than most people, but the women are NOT a major selling point of these games, nor of the product in general. I believe that should change, but right now, most people don't give a poo poo if Paige is in the game or not. Hell, a big portion of their customer base probably barely notices if AJ is in the game, and makes fun of anyone who plays as the girls.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

pressedbunny posted:

Who's on the show every single week, if not multiple times per week.
And on every PPV since her debut.
And is one of their primary meet-n-greet/touring attractions.
And who has more merchandise than most of the male roster.

I mean okay, sure, I'm biased as all gently caress, but it really is bizarre to think somebody that prominent in the product isn't essential.

I'm sorry, what part of my smart rear end comment did you think was serious? I agree with you.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I know, I was following up on the sentiment.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
...who plays with the Divas anyways? :russo:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

89 posted:

John Cena

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

89 posted:

CM Punk

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

89 posted:

Yeah not even getting all :russo: about it, does anyone actually play as the Divas? I never really bothered.

I did like on No Mercy when they gave the girls Puro moves though.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Got a pair of UR Rick Rudes, I know who I am gonna set as my Champ from here on out (until I get a Razor Ramon pro)

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I started using Divas in either HCTP or the first SvR, whichever one it was where you had to beat Khali with a Diva or something like that to unlock some stuff, and then in the season mode too you either had to play as a Diva or get one as your manager or something... I forget the details, but that got me started with Divas and I've kept using 'em ever since. It makes the game more interesting than using OVR100, black-tribal bullshit CAWs flinging out Stunners as regular moves. Much less of a cakewalk, given how lovely the AI is even on the hardest difficulties.

... Though in this case I just like Paige a whole lot and am pissed they've found a way to make season passes even more sleazy. And hell, 2K must think enough people will want her if they're using her as the primary incentive to buy the season pass. They don't pick that sort of thing at random, they go for stuff they know people will want and feel forced to buy.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
If they allowed men and women to fight each other, people would use the Divas a hell of a lot more often. As it is now, you have a choice of maybe seven or eight opponents if you want to play as a female, compared to fifty or sixty as a male.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I gave Ken Shamrock the Women's title in No Mercy and never looked back.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
In other news, I deleted Supercard earlier today. I couldn't stand the monotony anymore. I'm glad you folks like the game so much, I just can't do it.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

89 posted:

I deleted them from universe mode.

:v:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Has anyone successfully working on Bluestacks? I'm having a problem syncing it with my Google+ account.

I'd really like to play this game on my PC so I don't murder my phone battery.

EDIT: Hrm Google seems to think it is impossible. That's a bummer.

cams fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 9, 2014

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Try Andy android.

http://www.andyroid.net/

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

If they allowed men and women to fight each other, people would use the Divas a hell of a lot more often. As it is now, you have a choice of maybe seven or eight opponents if you want to play as a female, compared to fifty or sixty as a male.

Yeah, I started using the Divas more in Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 because you could beat up Batista or whoever with them and it made the game more challenging and also pretty funny.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Ran into someone 60-115 with several Epics. Then someone 2-3 with a couple of Epics. Nowt new, but I'm still floored by how people will piss away their money.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Skunkrocker posted:

I deleted them from universe mode.

:v:

I gave them their own brand.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Davros1 posted:

I gave them their own brand.

I thought about doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Skunkrocker posted:

I thought about doing that.

Had to download a few to fill out the roster, and while in 2k14 you can finally have a Women's title be the major belt (2k13 you couldn't), you can still only have three titles (Major, Tag, Diva). The minor title spot can only be filled with a men's title.