Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gestalt Illusion
May 28, 2013

Survived through 151 episodes of The F Plus and listened to some multiple times. One episode of Lou Reads the Internet? Soul crushed. Check out his stuff while F Plus is on small break.

On second though, maybe starting with the latest MLP episode was a pretty bad idea. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Gestalt Illusion posted:

Survived through 151 episodes of The F Plus and listened to some multiple times. One episode of Lou Reads the Internet? Soul crushed. Check out his stuff while F Plus is on small break.
Yeah, I need to get back on Lou Reads, but god drat if that man doesn't have one hell of a constitution to get through some of that poo poo. It's like dude's mutant power is a super high Internet threshold.

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.
Yeah, sorry about the extended break here. We've been putting all of our effort into F Plus Live 3. Things should be returning back to our normal erratic schedule as we slowly recover.

The live recording was absolutely the most fun I've had doing this podcast. I can't wait to do it again.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Gestalt Illusion posted:

On second though, maybe starting with the latest MLP episode was a pretty bad idea. :v:

The first Lou Reads episode I listened to was the cum on food one. Still not sure if that was the best or worst decision I could have ever made!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Dragonatrix posted:

The first Lou Reads episode I listened to was the cum on food one. Still not sure if that was the best or worst decision I could have ever made!
Best. The worst would have been any of the bugchasing or anal stretching episodes (there are at least two of each).

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Best. The worst would have been any of the bugchasing or anal stretching episodes (there are at least two of each).

The most recent poz experience episode was one of the first episodes I listened to of his and the tasty smelly dick cheese discussion was the first time I've had to stop listening to a podcast for a couple hours to recover.

It really can't be said enough that Lou Reads is hardcore atrocity tourism. The F Plus cannot even begin to prepare you for what you will experience.

Gestalt Illusion
May 28, 2013

What a coincidence, I just got the recent poz episode. That was probably the closest I ever got to almost vomiting while listening to a podcast.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Same here. I can listen to any FPlus episode just fine and decided to try out Lou Reads. I think I made it 5 minutes into a description of some guy drinking piss from a urinal and had to stop to keep my lunch down.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Lou Reads gave me the "I need to go outside and take a walk" reaction I usually reserve for when someone doesn't label their pictures of beheadings and that sort of thing. I've started to block it out.

10/10, would check the episode description before downloading again.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Babies just can't handle Lou. :allears:

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Some of the episodes of Lou Reads are difficult to listen to because it's sometimes just posts that are a few minutes long and are just manifestos about gross poo poo that are really badly thought out and have lovely arguments. Like the "Arguments Against Bestiality & Why They Fail" one.

Lou still always reminds me of Weekend Web. Speaking of which, what happened to the attempt to bring Weekend Web back? I remember some people on GBS getting excited over the idea of looking at strange forums again, but I can't remember if something came out of it, I didn't actually follow it really.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

A Meat posted:

Lou still always reminds me of Weekend Web.
Half of his stuff is from it anyway. I think that he said in one episode that one motivation for his podcast was that he missed out on contributing to the Weekend Web when it was still active.

A Meat posted:

Speaking of which, what happened to the attempt to bring Weekend Web back? I remember some people on GBS getting excited over the idea of looking at strange forums again, but I can't remember if something came out of it, I didn't actually follow it really.
There wasn't really a coherent idea beyond "Let's do the Weekend Web again!" Everybody brought little bits of content from random websites and basically did their own thing; there was none of the concerted "digging" that the Weekend Web always showcased. If people had decided on a few websites to really target and showcase in depth, it probably would have made it back onto the front page. As it happened, while a miscellaneous "grab bag" Weekend Web might have worked anyway, I can see why things never quite got off the ground.

It's a real shame. Since the Weekend Web stopped, this site's always felt a bit incomplete to me.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 7, 2014

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

BootsRaingear posted:

Yeah, sorry about the extended break here. We've been putting all of our effort into F Plus Live 3. Things should be returning back to our normal erratic schedule as we slowly recover.

The live recording was absolutely the most fun I've had doing this podcast. I can't wait to do it again.

I already emailed Lemon this, but I'll ask you too: any chance of an NYC live event sometime in the future?

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.
Very unlikely to happen any time in the foreseeable future.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
If you listen to some Lou Reads episodes he's pulled from threads in GBS. I believe there's a lovely christmas gift one he got from there as well as a few more. The only Lou Reads I ever had genuine trouble with was the Fetlife Anal Destruction episode. The first story on there about the guy wanting the most giant gaping anus of all time broke Lou as well by the sounds of things.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Ironic Twist posted:

I already emailed Lemon this, but I'll ask you too: any chance of an NYC live event sometime in the future?

Better yet: Madison, WI. Still in the midwest, and also we have cheese curds. Poutine is the greatest achievement of the human race.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Man you guys are picking really uncool places.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Yeah come on, Where's F Plus Live Antarctica. A live show entirely dedicated to Ice chewers, Icicle dongs, and Articunts.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

OneDeadman posted:

Yeah come on, Where's F Plus Live Antarctica. A live show entirely dedicated to Ice chewers, Icicle dongs, and Articunts.

I doubt Lemon's welcome there after an unfortunate penguin joke.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

F Plus live in Puerto Rico. Having an F Plus recorded on the beach would be baller as gently caress.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I am going to ask that next time, please, a place of more chairs.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The F Plus goes to Santorini!

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Podcasting from MPR: Malatora Public Radio

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad

Pick posted:

I am going to ask that next time, please, a place of more chairs.

I was sort of curious too as to how many people ducked out early due to SRO. I myself was at the mercy of who was up for drinks at any given moment, as I had to unabashedly steal the seats of fellow F-Plussers.

I'm quite glad Lemon asked me where in the lineup I'd like to be, as pre-show discussions with the other readers made it clear I had probably the tamest reading out of all of them, which worked better as a crowd warm-up piece than it would have following almost any of the other selections.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Is anyone else having issues with the F Plus website? Anytime I try to load any page other than the main one it just loads eternally.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Ariong posted:

Is anyone else having issues with the F Plus website? Anytime I try to load any page other than the main one it just loads eternally.
There's some weird script on the site that locks up every once in a while. Just refresh and try again until it stops.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

There seem to be weird problems loading the pictures. I have to stop the page loading before I click anything.

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.

Gimnbo posted:

There seem to be weird problems loading the pictures. I have to stop the page loading before I click anything.

What browser are you using?

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

BootsRaingear posted:

What browser are you using?

Chrome

I clicked through the website again and I only seem to have problems with the newer, bigger title pics. The pages with the older episodes work fine. Specifically, about 2/3rds of the pics on a newer page will load while the rest just hangs. If I stop and refresh, everything loads fine.

Gimnbo fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 8, 2014

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.

Gimnbo posted:

Chrome

I clicked through the website again and I only seem to have problems with the newer, bigger title pics. The pages with the older episodes work fine. Specifically, about 2/3rds of the pics on a newer page will load while the rest just hangs. If I stop and refresh, everything loads fine.

I just got home from Minneapolis and found I have a problem similar to yours. It would say "waiting for available sockets" at the bottom of the page and just hang. Deleting thefpl.us cookies didn't fix it, wiping my browser cache seemed to do the trick. I'll let you know if/when I figure out more.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Shirts!

I'll be honest; I probably won't be getting one. I'd order a regular T-shirt yesterday, but the hood kinda kills it for me. :(

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Looking at the site I've just realised why the guy in the last episodes title image is so unnerving his iris have been replaced by the logo. I don't know why it took me a month to realise this.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Small shirts are sold out? Does lemon hate small people?

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

MooCowlian posted:

Small shirts are sold out? Does lemon hate small people?

Someone needs to listen to the This Is Fat Privilege episode again!

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Shirts!

I'll be honest; I probably won't be getting one. I'd order a regular T-shirt yesterday, but the hood kinda kills it for me. :(

What percentage of F Plus readers have beards?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Get Innocuous! posted:

What percentage of F Plus readers have beards?
I haven't been to an F Plus Live myself, but there are little thumbnails of the readers in the post for the last one, and the bearded/shaven ratio seems about even.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Can someone explain the joke to me on the shirt? I feel like I should get it but I just don't. :smith:

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Tracula posted:

Can someone explain the joke to me on the shirt? I feel like I should get it but I just don't. :smith:

It's from the Paula Deen stuff in Episode 58, I think. I had to google it

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

i like fried chicken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tracula posted:

From the second food episode, one review of a terrible dish ended with "I'M EIGHT YEARS OLD AND I LIKE FRIED CHICKEN" and they felt it really captured the spirit of the people who made those foods.