Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
That's horrible even by Taylor Swift standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

MooCowlian posted:

If that's her lead single, I might have to drop my hopes down a little. I'm not liking that much.

I really don't know what to think, actually. Looks like there will be no Nathan Chapman and only one self-penned song on the album (maybe on the ~deluxe~ version) and most are with Max Martin/Shellback. I was kinda expecting a slower switch - 'Red' had a couple of pop tracks but was mostly country tinged and this would be the opposite. Maybe she'll do a country album or EP next and alternate releases or something like that. Probably not, though.

Anyway there better be a 'State Of Grace'-esque monster on there Taylor.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

I was iffy on it the first few listens but I love it now, its pretty fun to dance to, too.

State of Grace was an incredible song and my favorite of hers so expecting another like that might be a bit much.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Kacey Musgraves is the best young country singer and she deserves the level of success Taylor Swift has.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
I recently went to see Sara Bareilles at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley. She was absolutely amazing. :)
(Some links to a couple of the performances).

The new Taylor Swift song was a bit strange to listen to, even after the more pop-ish songs on RED, but the chorus is really catchy.

kurona_bright fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 20, 2014

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Katy B put out a new song! And it's free!

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.
This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDZX4ooRsWs

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

is a terrible song but the video's alright.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

is a terrible song but the video's alright.

Its a perfect song :colbert: but the video's only alright, yeah.

Lord Krangdar fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Aug 21, 2014

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Nicki Minaj is amazing.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I finally heard a Taylor Swift song that I liked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzJlpnBaJyw

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Did anyone ITT ever get into Nadia Oh

I think she is hilarious and wonderful and brilliant. Colours is one of the best pop albums of the last 5 years, and definitely the funniest. Top Nadia songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRwqJ-6WXT8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE4oZyp2RuU

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
Never heard of her before. Slapper isn't really my thing, but Colours I kinda like. Its verses are clearly nicked from Heart of Glass though.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Nadia Oh is the best, she reminds me of my Toy-Box and Aqua CDs from my youth.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Khorne Flakes posted:

Charli's new single Break The Rules came out today. drat, I can not wait to see her live in a few months.

Soundcloud
https://m.soundcloud.com/charlixcx/charli-xcx-break-the-rules

Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exKlnBmsF84

I don't hate the sound of it but I'm not sure how anyone outside of high school could not feel a little embarrassed nodding to these lyrics.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Grimes has also released her video for Go featuring Blood Diamond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIi57zhDl78

I have to say that I didn't like it at first but then it grew on me halfway through.

Tbh, it sounds like she is trying to get rid of her cutesy image, which I can respect.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

DominoDancing posted:

Never heard of her before. Slapper isn't really my thing, but Colours I kinda like. Its verses are clearly nicked from Heart of Glass though.
That seems pretty deliberate, I don't think it's necessarily trying to deceive or anything.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

het posted:

That seems pretty deliberate, I don't think it's necessarily trying to deceive or anything.

That might well be. For some reason it's impossible to find any writing credits for this album at all online. Could all be credited and above board.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

DominoDancing posted:

That might well be. For some reason it's impossible to find any writing credits for this album at all online. Could all be credited and above board.

ASCAP credits Chris Stein and Debbie Harry on 'Colours' so it's all legit.

Also that Kate Bush residency started and it's probably a life-changing experience and I'm so loving mad and also so happy for everyone attending that thing.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Sprat Sandwich posted:

ASCAP credits Chris Stein and Debbie Harry on 'Colours' so it's all legit.

Also that Kate Bush residency started and it's probably a life-changing experience and I'm so loving mad and also so happy for everyone attending that thing.

Ugh, should have thought myself about checking ASCAP or BMI. Thanks!

I'll get to see Kate Bush in about four weeks, and I can't wait. I skimmed the setlist, which was a good idea, 'cause it gives me the opportunity to give An Endless Sky Of Honey a few listens. I admit that Aerial (the second half in particular) is probably the album of hers I'm least familiar with. For some reason I even found 50 Words For Snow to be more accessible.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

DominoDancing posted:

Ugh, should have thought myself about checking ASCAP or BMI. Thanks!

I'll get to see Kate Bush in about four weeks, and I can't wait. I skimmed the setlist, which was a good idea, 'cause it gives me the opportunity to give An Endless Sky Of Honey a few listens. I admit that Aerial (the second half in particular) is probably the album of hers I'm least familiar with. For some reason I even found 50 Words For Snow to be more accessible.

Yeah, I think Aerial is the one I've listened to the least. I don't even know why, probably because I'm an impatient idiot and a double album is too much.

SORRY KATE!

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Khagan posted:

Grimes has also released her video for Go featuring Blood Diamond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIi57zhDl78

I have to say that I didn't like it at first but then it grew on me halfway through.

Tbh, it sounds like she is trying to get rid of her cutesy image, which I can respect.

Everything about this rules.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Everything about this rules.

Yeah it's pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8axiZqKkcw

This is also pretty cool.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Khagan posted:

To be fair that cutesy image is something that was thrust upon her. It seems like she's always hated it

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

I love La Roux. Its nice when a band can make good music without feeling the need to escalate the noise war.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

New One Direction song is aggressively mediocre. Aside from Story Of My Life, I haven't really liked many of their pop/rock songs, I wish they'd stick to stuff like Stole My Heart.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
How do you guys feel about Ariana Grande's new song with Zedd? I feel it's pretty catchy although I am surprised because I figured she would take more of the Mariah Carey pop/r&b route.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

How do you guys feel about Ariana Grande's new song with Zedd? I feel it's pretty catchy although I am surprised because I figured she would take more of the Mariah Carey pop/r&b route.

It's okay but definitely one of the worst songs on the album. It's very 2009. The song she did with The Weeknd would've been a much better single choice IMHO.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Not sure if this is the correct thread or if it should go in the rap thread, but I finally got around to listening to Angel Haze's album and I'm disappointed in myself for waiting so long. She is ferocious, versatile, and apparently dating Alec Baldwin's daughter.

edit: here's an acoustic lyrical version of her single from earlier in the year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obx9n1e7rMc

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Hey I i'm not a NMD poster but I'm looking for discussion of the awesome new U2 album. Is this the right thread or where should I go?

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I've heard it's surprisingly good and a lot like their old stuff, but I haven't listened to it yet.

Seventh_Samurai
Jul 5, 2007
dick blick
I found it pretty bland overall. There are maybe two or three interesting tracks and they're at the tail end so you have to sit through eight tracks that don't really have any meat on them. I guess it's a lot like their old stuff in that it sounds like a bunch of songs that they already wrote, on significantly better albums.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Pure Heroine finally clicked for me. It's so much better with headphones. Ribs and 400 Lux are the standouts, in my opinion.

Hella psyched for her collaboration with Kanye.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13o1i-cgTOA&t=69s
Yelle's just released their latest music video, and I'm loving it. But I'm incredibly biased because I'm a huge fan of Yelle :v:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Apparently the Kidz Bop lyrics for Anaconda. I think it's fan art, though. But I still would like to see what Kidz Bop would do with Anaconda.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 28, 2014

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
New Marina and The Diamonds song!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI_0HIz_4JY

Not my favorite because I preferred Electra Heart, but it's good too and I think it signals that Marina's returning to her weird and quirky pop like her first album.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I thought her first album blew. It blew even more after knowing how good a popstar she could be with Electra Heart. Zany and unfocused with pointless vocal gymnastics.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Athletic Footjob posted:

I thought her first album blew. It blew even more after knowing how good a popstar she could be with Electra Heart. Zany and unfocused with pointless vocal gymnastics.

What? Are we talking about the album which has "I Am Not A Robot", "Mowgli's Road" and "Oh No!" on it? We can't be!

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Eh, the singles were good but I've not felt the slightest need to revisit it when I don't enjoy the overall experience of the album. It's just an overload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

So is Katy Perry really doing the Super Bowl halftime show? I'm disappointed, I was hoping for Rihanna.