Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Gordon knows that guy Kenses has some moves in a fight.

edit: Top of page, Brad owns. Deal with it.

edit2: I also like how Tony Stewart recently kills a man, but yet turns into his typical Neanderthal self whenever someone touches his bumper, so he goes forward, backs up into another car when drivers are unbuckling and poo poo. I think if they took an x-ray of his brain it might be a literal Whopper inside of a deep-friend onion ring skull.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Coast Guard/Navy dude took it upon himself to defend Mr. Hamlin.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

L_Harrison posted:

edit: Top of page, Brad owns. Deal with it.

The more hot heads NASCAR can get, the better.

I mean sure, somebody will accidentally die eventually but i mean hey

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I wonder what would give someone shallow cheeks and sunken eyes like Denny Hamlin has. :iiam:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
How is there no video of this fight on the internet?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

keevo posted:

The SURPRISE ITS KENSETH part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV2FGsj3g_c

stewart's intro music starts and he jumps into the fight off a hauler roof

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

keevo posted:

Soon, it'll be plastered everywhere. I can hear the uploads to youtube right now.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV2FGsj3g_c

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

Hahaha that tackle was great. Can't wait for the entire thing to be uploaded.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

quote:

Gordon: "Obviously there's some built up animosity towards Brad. I better hold the rest of my thoughts."

I'd say Brad won't get in the chase because no one besides Logano will help him unless the big one happens and he avoids it... or causes it again and gets away.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The best result is obviously Brad winning the race after flipping over both Denny Hamlin and Matt Kenses in the same wreck. Tony tries to take him out too, but his greasy sausage fingers cause him to misjudge and he t-bones Danica.

v Brad is the hero that SomethingAwful deserves.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Oct 12, 2014

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

I hope Brad goes full heel for the rest of the season. Be the heel that Kyle Busch could have been.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

So moving onto Talladega, Keselowski is 50 out, and Jr and Johnson are 57 out each. Talladega is going to be crazy and super desperate from those 3 being out.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Chase cushions/deficits to the bubble going to Talladega. Logano and Harvick have dashes because this system is stupid and it's irrelevant.

1 Joey Logano --
2 Kyle Busch +26
3 Kevin Harvick --
4 Ryan Newman +21
5 Carl Edwards +20
6 Jeff Gordon +18
7 Denny Hamlin +17
8 Kasey Kahne +1
12 Dale Earnhardt Jr. -26

Top 7 look to be somewhat safe barring anything stupid happening, but it's a potential hornet's nest from 8th to 12th. Jimmie and Jr are going to need a win.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
This is the first year I can remember where Talladega didn't race the same weekend as the Eastern States, so yeah Talladega is gonna be ugly.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
This picture sums things up.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
lug nut havin a blast

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

That is the fakest goddamn poo poo I have ever seen. :laffo: at all the marks itt.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

L_Harrison posted:

This picture sums things up.

I think I like the reactions to the fights more than the fights themselves.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Peanut President posted:

That is the fakest goddamn poo poo I have ever seen. :laffo: at all the marks itt.

smdh if u think nascar is smart/good enough to plan something interesting

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
You have to know Brian France goes to bed feeling great after nights like these, right next to a half-naked Michael Waltrip wearing a bikini top telling him what a lucky dog he is and asking what Digger is up to these days.

http://www.viddler.com/mini/11a26612/ It's eerie how well this fits.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 12, 2014

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:smuggo:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm gonna have quite a bit of math to do next week with the game if things hold with all these...dare I refer to them as...bracket busters.

e- Unofficial "CBJ and a Calculator" Old Chase points (through Charlotte, used Round 1 pts + Round 2):
Logano- 224
Harvick- 204
Kyle- 193
Gordon- 191
Keselowski- 178
Newman- 168
Edwards- 167
Hamlin- 154
Kenseth- 153
Johnson- 152
Kahne- 136
Junyer- 135

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 12, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Ya know, looking at the fight's sequence of events again, and there's really no excuse for not sitting Brad a race. He tried to turn Hamlin directly into a line of cars on the cooldown lap and then rammed two innocent cars trying to get to a third while guys were unbuckling and stopped for post race scales.

It's not what I think should happen but if NASCAR is serious about safety post-Kevin Ward that's what should happen.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Brad was being stupid as hell for sure, and I don't even know what for.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

VikingSkull posted:

Ya know, looking at the fight's sequence of events again, and there's really no excuse for not sitting Brad a race. He tried to turn Hamlin directly into a line of cars on the cooldown lap and then rammed two innocent cars trying to get to a third while guys were unbuckling and stopped for post race scales.

It's not what I think should happen but if NASCAR is serious about safety post-Kevin Ward that's what should happen.

Its not like he mowed down a kid trying to scare him or something

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

VikingSkull posted:

:airquote: The NFL is also concerned about safety. :airquote:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I still don't understand why Brad flipped the gently caress out, because someone ran him up the track on the last turn of the last lap??? What the hell

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

Reminder that Kyle Busch got sat for a race for turning someone.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Peanut President posted:

Yeah and he should've.

Brad probably should be too but expecting consistency out of nascar is a fool's gambit, so.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

kidcoelacanth posted:

Yeah and he should've.

Reminder that Brad put Carl Edwards in the fence at Talladega and didn't get punished.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

Yeah and he should've.

Brad probably should be too but expecting consistency out of nascar is a fool's gambit, so.

He probably won't. What I kind of see is how the media first goes after this. Kyle wrecking gave him uniform disapproval. MWR team orders got universal team orders. This really didn't because it was too dramatic and fun to watch so NASCAR will probably slap him on the wrist. Maybe points but kind of moot since he needs to win anyway.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Peanut President posted:

Reminder that Carl put brad in the fence at Atlanta and didn't get punished.

elmono311
Apr 30, 2007

Every kiss begins with Kahne

Peanut President posted:

Reminder that Brad put Carl Edwards in the fence at Talladega and didn't get punished.

Because it was a racing incident and NASCAR's stupid yellow line rule forced Keselowski to hold his line. Edwards was the dumbass who tried to block/push Keselowski down.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Brad Keselowski is mentally disabled.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS
NASCAR 2014: Jeff Gordon in Media Center and Reports the Fight "WAS AWESOME"

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Brad Keselowski is mentally disabled.

Do we know if he failed the baseline concussion testing like JWT did?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Peanut President posted:

He went full retard and right-reared a guy at speed because of incidental contact. In a Truck race. He earned that one.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

CBJSprague24 posted:

He went full retard and right-reared a guy at speed because of incidental contact. In a Truck race. He earned that one.

And he was already on probation iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

they shouldnt penalize him because that was actually entertaining

i mean yeah someone will die eventually but eh?????

• Locked thread