Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

House of M isn't even the worst Scarlet Witch goes crazy event comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
How about Jessica Jones and Luke Cage have anal sex or the general uselessness of his pet characters that can do no wrong.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

sbaldrick posted:

How about Jessica Jones and Luke Cage have anal sex or the general uselessness of his pet characters that can do no wrong.

You mean Alias which is very well regarded?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I liked most of his Ultimate Spider-man run. :confused:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
We get it, making GBS threads on Bendis is trendy now.

Doesn't make your claim less funny.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BSS is available for all your comic chat needs. Thanks.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

sbaldrick posted:

Is there really anal sex in superhero comics nowadays?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

savinhill posted:

Is there really anal sex in superhero comics nowadays?

It happened in the comic Alias which was a mature comics and its the inspiration for the show that is coming out on Netflix in the future. I think its called Jessica Jones since the name Alias has already been used.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

By the way my last post meant to take the comic chat to BSS, in case you didn't get it.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

zoux posted:

Do yall ever watch Lawrence Welk reruns on Saturday Afternoons? That is some weird poo poo.

My favorite thing about Welk is figuring out which performers are drunk as a skunk. That and the inexplicable staging and terrible acting and creepy dudes and visibly uncomfortable singers...

Okay time to put Welk reruns back on the season pass. I miss it now.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Transparent is a really good "TV show" guys. Probably the best show I've seen since Rectify, though not in the same ways.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
In "things you didn't know you wanted" news, Bill Murray is doing a televised Christmas special, to be directed by Sofia Coppola.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/10/sofia-coppola-to-helm-bill-murray-x-mas-special.html

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deadpool posted:

Everyone reacts to Joker as if he's crazy though. In Gotham all the ridiculousness is never treated that way at all. That's where the disconnect is.

Yeah, didn't really think about that, maybe if Gordon spent more time going... "Bwuuh!?"

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I personally think they're trying to say that Old Gotham was a less rational place then "New" Gotham with batman, the joker, and the like. Like the insane people didn't have a place to be put so they were more widely accepted. The police station is ridiculously over the top corrupt, and I think maybe people will start to act "more surprised" Later in the season or next season when Gordon starts finding some non-coke fiends to wear the badge.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

SALT CURES HAM posted:

The worst you can say about Bendis is he's sorta bland and writes plots that frequently don't go anywhere.

This is an industry where John Byrne has written about Superman being mind-control raped, JMS tried to turn Superman into John Galt, and Mark Millar... gently caress, Millar's Superman story is actually okay so I can't keep that theme, but he's loving Millar.

I don't even read comic books but I cannot tell you how much I love this recap of Neal Adams's Batman: Odyssey. Like, I'm not even going to tl;dr this poo poo, click that link and dive head-first into the insanity.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

I personally think they're trying to say that Old Gotham was a less rational place then "New" Gotham with batman, the joker, and the like. Like the insane people didn't have a place to be put so they were more widely accepted. The police station is ridiculously over the top corrupt, and I think maybe people will start to act "more surprised" Later in the season or next season when Gordon starts finding some non-coke fiends to wear the badge.

Except all the characters from the comics who normally fit that bill are in the show and are corrupt.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Boy howdy Manhattan Love Story is just the most boring thing I've ever seen.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Yoshifan823 posted:

Boy howdy Manhattan Love Story is just the most boring thing I've ever seen.

Yes
This dinner party is awful.

But this gay guy is kind of funny. How do you miss a picture where he is kissing another man.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Postal Parcel posted:

Yes
This dinner party is awful.

But this gay guy is kind of funny. How do you miss a picture where he is kissing another man.

He's funny, but the whole "gay or european" thing reached it's peak in Legally Blonde the Musical, and is now played out.

Also, while the show is lame and boring, most of the actors are pretty charming, especially the female lead. Still way worse than A to Z though.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
What happened to Fox Tuesdays? New Girl has been new for 5 weeks now? What the gently caress?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Yoshifan823 posted:

He's funny, but the whole "gay or european" thing reached it's peak in Legally Blonde the Musical, and is now played out.

Also, while the show is lame and boring, most of the actors are pretty charming, especially the female lead. Still way worse than A to Z though.

Oh no, I agree. They're charming, but the situation is dull and the jokes are flat.
Like this is basically rich people being boring.
Bad show.

e:

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

What happened to Fox Tuesdays? New Girl has been new for 5 weeks now? What the gently caress?

Fox had Utopia lead into Tuesday comedy, however Utopia crashed and burned, dragging Tuesdays down with it. So for now, they're rerunning AD shows until they can find something to put in that slot.(Hello Mulaney...lol)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Marry Me is pretty cute so far.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

They had the remake of the british body horror torture show lead a comedy block? Uhhhh... why?

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Just watched the Mulaney pilot on Hulu and... Jesus Christ. I'm repeating what people have said in the thread already, but it's completely mind-boggling how something like that came about. It took had to have taken conscious effort to make it so bad. I've been hearing it gets better (by a little) so I may check up on it during ep 4 just to see how it goes. Goddamn. It's a shame because I just watched Mulaney's previous standup set not too long ago and loved the hell out of it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IRQ posted:

They had the remake of the british body horror torture show lead a comedy block? Uhhhh... why?

No, Utopia the reality show that was super expensive and bombed like hell.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

IRQ posted:

Jokes are funnier when positivity has been beaten out of you.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Gracepoint is the show you're thinking of (took me a while to remember what the name was myself.)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I won't see it until tomorrow, but did the second episode of the Flash hold up?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Better than the first.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gaz-L posted:

Except all the characters from the comics who normally fit that bill are in the show and are corrupt.

So maybe something interesting will happen that'll change them, probably some sort of growth, you know like emotionally.

Like for their character.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Better than the first.

Ooh nice.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Maxwell Lord posted:

Gracepoint is the show you're thinking of (took me a while to remember what the name was myself.)

This show is so bad, and I really wish they had realized that and retooled it as a legitimate whodunit. It would be great to see that kind of detective series make a comeback. Certainly better than watching an inferior version of The Killing. (e: Well that's a sentence I never thought I would write)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Marry Me's pilot is a good one. Some good jokes and the characters are strong. I hope it lasts.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Niecy Nash on Mindy Project.

There are some people you have an irrational like of and she is one of them.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

JohnSherman posted:

This show is so bad, and I really wish they had realized that and retooled it as a legitimate whodunit. It would be great to see that kind of detective series make a comeback. Certainly better than watching an inferior version of The Killing. (e: Well that's a sentence I never thought I would write)
Gracepoint is a million times better than The Killing, but it's still not good.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Shonda Rhimes just showed up in Mindy Project to play beer pong with Adam Pally.

edit: I cannot stress enough how much better a show Mindy Project is now than it was.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it won me over last season and now it's really consistently funny. Needs its own thread.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Is anyone watching The Affair on Showtime. If not you should watch the first episode, as it is very good. If it sounds like a whole show based on one affair is a boring concept, it is not because it is dealt with in a very clever and interesting way using an unreliable narrator concept.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

No, Utopia the reality show that was super expensive and bombed like hell.

Wasn't it supposed to last for months or years? Did they just shut it down and send those people back to their lovely lives after a month?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is supposed to run for an actual year (not just a TV year) and as far as I know it's still running.

• Locked thread