Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Got my role, lezz do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It was not a quiet night: a sudden storm blew across the farmlands, bringing thunder and lightning. An old man and his wife looked out at the storm as it turned to hail. They discussed going to the cellar, deciding only to do so if the weather became more extreme.

They did not listen to the radio, so they didn't hear the news. They didn't try to call anyone, so they didn't know their phone lines had been cut. They did not know there had been a jailbreak. They did not know some guards had been taken hostage by convicts, who then seized vehicles on the highway.

Maybe the wife briefly saw a face at the window and dismissed it as a trick of light and her own imagination. Maybe the husband squinted his aged eyes into the storm. But their dog was quiet, their house was secure from the storm and neither really suspected.

They had no clue until they felt a cold draft from the direction of the back door, until they turned and saw a man with a knife. He was soaking wet, dressed in orange coveralls with "Surrey State Penitentiary" stenciled on the front and back. His eyes were wide, but his voice was calm as he said "Do what we say and no one dies." He looked over his shoulder and said "Bring in the other."

An hour passed quickly. The hostages and residents were all grouped together, sitting on the living room floor. The convicts took turns changing out of their clothes, stealing ill-fitting garments from the old man's closet. They had the foresight to stash the vans out of sight, so when state troopers came knocking at the door, there was nothing so suspicious as to invite immediate attention. One of the convicts managed to get all the hostages upstairs, out of sight, without any fuss.

The power went out as those who could see watched the police drive away. There were some quiet screams, but everyone got back down to the living room and some candles were lit just as the old man's backup generator kicked on. It was only then, that they noticed someone was missing. It was only then that they found one of the hostages face down on the kitchen table, a neat cut through his throat.

"You lied. You lied! You said you wouldn't hurt us if we did what you said," one of the hostages sputtered out with barely restrained fury.

One of the convicts licked his lips. "That wasn't me. Guys, who the gently caress? Come on, we talked about this poo poo."

The room stayed silent. Another con suggested they don't worry about it, after all, they just had to make it through until morning, when the storm would break.

"gently caress that," said a hostage. "I'm not going to sit on my hands stuck next to a murderer all night." A couple of the convicts murmured their assent.

Eyes flitted around the room, now was the first time the group had a chance to size each other up. Thirteen people each thought to themselves "I can do this. I can make it. It's just one night. One night."

Thunder boomed in the distance, and the minutes began to tick away.

Day One Begins!

With thirteen alive, it is seven to lynch. Deadline will be Monday at 9 PM CST. If that's too early, let me know and I'll extend a day.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm your huckleberry.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Ok boys it's game time.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

AXE COP posted:

Ok boys it's game time.

Found him, this guy is the scum.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Vroom!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

You're giving Axe "I'm so scum it hurts" Cop a run for his money.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Chili posted:

Well that oughta be easy for a genuine son of a bitch.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Somberbrero posted:

Oh whoops, I'm off to a great start. You're in. Sorry Quid, I gotta bump you. Quid, you're more than welcome as a replacement and have a reserved spot in any future game. I apologize for the confusion.

Hey, actually, go ahead and give Quid my spot, I'm EU goon and now I realize I'll be posting at off hours and that's not ideal for mafia. Have fun though!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Hey, actually, go ahead and give Quid my spot, I'm EU goon and now I realize I'll be posting at off hours and that's not ideal for mafia. Have fun though!

Alrighty, I hope you give mafia a shot in the future though! There's a bunch of Australian posters and they make it work somehow.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Confirmed!

I've never seen time zones be an issue ever so don't let it stop you if you really wanna play.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Confirmed!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

confirm

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
no u

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

ok I will confirm

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Chili posted:

Chili, you silly.

Silly Chili. That's your new nickname. :3:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote zzyzx not moving this vote until one of us is dead.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

hectic

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

This is the best overreaction to a nickname ever.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

apostateCourier posted:

This is the best overreaction to a nickname ever.

Don't gently caress with Chili

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

One time I played in a game with zzyzx and he wasn't scum, so he's probably not scum here.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Real talk, Prostate man is town.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Chili posted:

Real talk, Prostate man is town.

Die in a fire.

Also not a man.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

apostateCourier posted:

Die in a fire.

Also not a man.

Prostate Man is a way better name for a superhero though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I think you all should know that I lived in Alaska for a long time and so I really know how to handle this weather. I should probably be the leader.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

When did you live in Alaska, Hal?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think you all should know that I lived in Alaska for a long time and so I really know how to handle this weather. I should probably be the leader.

Baby, you know you didn't need to provide any sort of rationale.

Hail Hal!

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Chili posted:

Found him, this guy is the scum.

Rude

Chili posted:

Rude

You know who's really rude? Scum

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
You bums are too slow.

Hal, do I have your permission to get this party started and take things way too seriously?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Chili posted:

You bums are too slow.

Hal, do I have your permission to get this party started and take things way too seriously?

Absolutely, I think it's time

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I think that everyone in favor of Hal being the leader should vote for him, in a show of support.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
The flavor for this game is awesome.

I'm gonna lynch scums and people are gonna listen to me that is my goal!

I am good with snow too. I'm the snow leader :sun:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

zzyzx posted:

I think that everyone in favor of Hal being the leader should vote for him, in a show of support.

gently caress this noise, I'm done.

## vote zzyzyx

I think the case explains itself.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am going to freeze to death before we lynch anybody.

Chili posted:

gently caress this noise, I'm done.

## vote zzyzyx

I think the case explains itself.

Ehmmm.
Nah don't agree.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

mr.capps posted:

I am going to freeze to death before we lynch anybody.

Ehmmm.
Nah don't agree.

I don't see the case either. Then again I'm biased against Chili so.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Seriously? He's getting a vote going on something totally unrelated to finding scum. It's a stupid distraction and it's a beautifully scummy smokescreen to hide behind.

Dude has to go.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Chili posted:

Seriously? He's getting a vote going on something totally unrelated to finding scum. It's a stupid distraction and it's a beautifully scummy smokescreen to hide behind.

Dude has to go.

You're pushing a guy with three posts in jokephase pretty hard.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Yeah that's a little reaching there chum.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Chili posted:

beautifully

Aww. :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

So axe cop: likely scum imo

• Locked thread