Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Roosevelt posted:

also intelligence and wisdom are way way too high

He is pretty dense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

old but still funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scczP4z9xr4

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

I'm moving soon and walt will get left behind while I get my living situation settled; i'll return and drive him 1300 miles from okc to nyc in a bit

that will be...

fun

(there is another cat at my destination that will fill in for him [poorly])

but then he'll have a friend!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

ship the walttop

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

the plane would crash

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

With tales of brave Ulysses; how his naked ears were tortured; By the sirens sweetly singing.

Amphiuma posted:

I will absolutely not supply a hi-res copy of this lovely doodle. How about a much better version of the same picture?

(high-res tiff here: http://trufflebeetles.com/art/nermal_tallu.tif)

(BONUS hi-res Lulu Confused by Eggs, which turned up unexpectedly: http://trufflebeetles.com/art/lulu_eggs_hires.jpg)

Yesss I have new desktop backgrounds.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i do this with Nina but not always with that same song

picture a black and white cat trying to squirm away from a prostrate fat man on the carpet of an empty apartment whilst Enya's Orinoco Flow blasts at many decibels above acceptable bass levels

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

*SAIL AWAY SAIL AWAY SAIL AWAY... SAIL AWAY SAIL AWAY*come here we are having a moment

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

i heard some people like sadie noises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdR0pNr1sQk

also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SktRuC3uh0

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

pro baroo 1:15+ on that first one

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

piiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssss

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

same

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Where'd you get that bag? I want it

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Defenestration posted:

Where'd you get that bag? I want it

these?

sorry to have to tell you this but break out the sewing machine:

http://www.sew4home.com/projects/storage-solutions/make-your-own-grocery-bags

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

With tales of brave Ulysses; how his naked ears were tortured; By the sirens sweetly singing.

Shifty Pony posted:

these?

sorry to have to tell you this but break out the sewing machine:

http://www.sew4home.com/projects/storage-solutions/make-your-own-grocery-bags

I needed a new project!

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

Tattoo got pretty intense watching this

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

:3:

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

drat dorkanoid how do you keep taking such perfectly timed pictures of your cats?

Also glad Torgo and Finny are good + alive.

Shifty Pony posted:

knowing what i know about photographers...

drat dorkanoid how many GB of cat pictures do you have that didn't make the cut?

mod sassinator posted:

i like to imagine there are hundreds and thousands of perfectly normal, excellent quality cat photos. and then dorkanoid goes through to find the ones that make the cats look the derpiest :3:

this is spot on, yes - I think I did a "B roll" of cat photos about a year ago.

Going from memory my Lightroom library is 17000 images, at least 70% of that is cats.

Anyhow: Any manual camera/camera that allows shutter priority, set to 1/250s or faster depending on available light, shoot! I prefer taking single shots, but whenever the cats yawn/scratch/do something I shoot a series and pick the derpiest :3: I think I got about 2.5GB of images yesterday.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

I take my cat photos seriously

speaking of serious, post Tara

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

dorkanoid I really appreciate your commitment to excellence in cat photography

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

dorkanoid posted:

speaking of serious, post Tara

that's not serious, that's sheer fun time

also teach me photography, please. I have a manual thingy that doesn't agree with my brain's hate for numbers and Tattoo's way of jumping at it as soon as I point it on him :eng99:

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Pilli posted:

also teach me photography, please. I have a manual thingy that doesn't agree with my brain's hate for numbers and Tattoo's way of jumping at it as soon as I point it on him :eng99:

I also take my fun time seriously

Which camera?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Pilli posted:

Prosumer tip: don't use manual, actually. choose whether you want action shots(frozen action or blurred) or selective focus(nice focused cat with blurred background, or everything in focus), then choose your mode appropriately.

S mode lets you choose shutter speed, and the camera will figure out the rest for you(usually ISO and aperture). For action, you'll probably want 1/120 sec or faster, 1/60 at minimum(poor light can be an issue), and flashes help tremendously. You can also try slow shutter speeds (1/30 and below) and move the camera to follow your cat, and you can get a focused cat with blurred background to get a different kind of action shot.

A mode lets you select aperture, and the camera will figure out the rest(usually ISO and shutter). Choose a low number(largest aperture) for low depth of field(only part of the photo in focus), higher number(small aperture) to keep more things in focus. Be careful about going aggressively either way though; super low apertures can mean you only have a nose in focus, and super high ones can make for fuzzy photos that need long exposures. I'd say generally F3.2 or lower is good for low depth, F8 or higher for everything focused.

I liek cats

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

duckfarts posted:

Prosumer tip: don't use manual, actually. choose whether you want action shots(frozen action or blurred) or selective focus(nice focused cat with blurred background, or everything in focus), then choose your mode appropriately.

S mode lets you choose shutter speed, and the camera will figure out the rest for you(usually ISO and aperture). For action, you'll probably want 1/120 sec or faster, 1/60 at minimum(poor light can be an issue), and flashes help tremendously. You can also try slow shutter speeds (1/30 and below) and move the camera to follow your cat, and you can get a focused cat with blurred background to get a different kind of action shot.

A mode lets you select aperture, and the camera will figure out the rest(usually ISO and shutter). Choose a low number(largest aperture) for low depth of field(only part of the photo in focus), higher number(small aperture) to keep more things in focus. Be careful about going aggressively either way though; super low apertures can mean you only have a nose in focus, and super high ones can make for fuzzy photos that need long exposures. I'd say generally F3.2 or lower is good for low depth, F8 or higher for everything focused.

I liek cats

Agree

(Though as I said, 1/250 is required for most cat derp action :3: )

S mode is "Tv" on Canon cameras; slap it into that mode, try a few different speeds, and see what happens.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

cinnamon do you want a treat?

yes, it's a treat but you gotta boogie

ok not bad but how bout higher?

hah now you can't reach it

oh

"gimme the fukken treat"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pudding has been depositing some really wet squishy poops for a day. What should I do? :( Gonna call the vet in the morning but is it serious? I just scooped out two separate deposits from earlier today, then he went and made another small one. There was another one last night as well. He's still his playful self.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Oct 21, 2014

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
re: catography, timbphone havers should grab this app while it's free, it has a p easy way to use manual controls on iOS without a bunch of annoying dumb poo poo in it

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
got to pet this street cat near a fam's place

he's apparently a regular for the area, hangs out on the neighboring balcony sometimes

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

leo is graciously warming my legs under the covers, but he's lying across my kneecap. that can't be comfortable catte

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Josh Lyman posted:

leo is graciously warming my legs under the covers, but he's lying across my kneecap. that can't be comfortable catte

you weren't born with a liquid spine so how would you know?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

man swsp hasnt posted in a while it's going to be a good re-cap once he sees the stebans and appa

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

also please post tara

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

man swsp hasnt posted in a while it's going to be a good re-cap once he sees the stebans and appa

can't wait until he recaps getting his NEW CAT WHERE'S THE NEW CAT SWSP POST YOUR loving CATT GODDAMMITAUAUAUAHHAHGHGHUGHUGHUAG

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

duckfarts posted:

can't wait until he recaps getting his NEW CAT WHERE'S THE NEW CAT SWSP POST YOUR loving CATT GODDAMMITAUAUAUAHHAHGHGHUGHUGHUAG

he moves in nov 1 so i expect swsp cat pics nov 1 12:01:01 am E S T (god's time zone)

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Gollum is not feeling well. Moving much more lethargically. Had buttworms.

Ivermectine applied, giving her vitamins along with the food now, hopefully nothing, if she doesn't perk up by tomorrow, it is vet time.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

feel better gollum. buttworms not cool.

have a minnie

and a grumpminnie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VCIjW9ki1c

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
This is Ed. He was found this morning after being gone since last week. My friend has been looking for him since the weekend. She found him in a daze, emaciated, and limping this morning. He has been through some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

pants status: sassy