Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Some other things about day 1.

Axe Cop never put down a vote and his posting throughout the day lingered in this nebulous semi-serious zone. Somewhat problematic.

Yuming looks the best coming out of the TNL flip.

Hal does not look as good. Though he was the first to technically call out TNL, it's somewhat of a bizarre call out, Hal claimed to have "terrible vibes" off of what looks like a really tepid jokepost that I can't imagine much can be extrapolated from. Couple that with the fact that Hal is VERY capable of getting an early bus going, lord knows I've seen him do it before. Also, it's really easy to shed those TERRIBLE VIBES based off one jokepost if TNL actually returned to the thread with any content, giving Hal an easy out to back down.

It's an odd thing being suspicious of someone who was an initial callout on a day 1 scum flip, but I guess that's where I am. I'd still like lynching MMM or possibly Axe Cop, but Hal is a darkhorse candidate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
UHH WHAT

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
DARK HORSE CANDIDATE? SERIOUSLY?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
HMM OF THE OPTIONS I PRESENT THAT I MIGHT GO WITH THIS ONE IS A DARK HORSE CANDIDATE FOR MYSELF

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
should i eat vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream, or the dark horse candidate: strawberry icecream.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

MildManeredManikin posted:

It's really only human to hate chili at this point. He's like a wrestling foot that the audience is supposed to dislike so that they feel good when he is punched repeatedly.

Yes but that does not make him SCUM, which makes Capps vote bad.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Quidnose posted:

A good point about in the argument we weren't having. I was responding to your question asking why capps wasn't voting chili, which you seem to have deemed an inadequate explanation about why capps was voting. This is pretty weird Quid.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Chili posted:

Some other things about day 1.

Axe Cop never put down a vote and his posting throughout the day lingered in this nebulous semi-serious zone. Somewhat problematic.

Yuming looks the best coming out of the TNL flip.

Hal does not look as good. Though he was the first to technically call out TNL, it's somewhat of a bizarre call out, Hal claimed to have "terrible vibes" off of what looks like a really tepid jokepost that I can't imagine much can be extrapolated from. Couple that with the fact that Hal is VERY capable of getting an early bus going, lord knows I've seen him do it before. Also, it's really easy to shed those TERRIBLE VIBES based off one jokepost if TNL actually returned to the thread with any content, giving Hal an easy out to back down.

It's an odd thing being suspicious of someone who was an initial callout on a day 1 scum flip, but I guess that's where I am. I'd still like lynching MMM or possibly Axe Cop, but Hal is a darkhorse candidate.

As your leader I am very disappointed in this post.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Quidnose posted:

uhh yeah the dark horse thing does make him scum if you know anything about how scum operate and think

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Hal Incandenza posted:

As your leader I am very disappointed in this post.

Yeah, I'm disappointed in myself too. Honestly if you didn't have a history of excellent and skillful bussing it never would have crossed my mind. It's not really a concern for right now, there are better lynches today.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

A good point about in the argument we weren't having. I was responding to your question asking why capps wasn't voting chili, which you seem to have deemed an inadequate explanation about why capps was voting. This is pretty weird Quid.

Except he clearly does think he's scum because he's warmed up to now outright calling him scum through all his noise posting.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Except he clearly does think he's scum because he's warmed up to now outright calling him scum through all his noise posting.

Yeah since I made my post and he's also listed his reasons. Take it up with him if you want.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You seem really interested in giving as few opinions as possible this game. You have no comment on what Capps is doing, you did something similar yesterday. What's the deal?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think Capps is town for the record, I just didn't understand why you were directing your questions about his vote to me.

As for opinions, I've tried to read through but every time I do a little bit of my soul is taken away. Pretty much the only reason I kept posting was because Capps has made this thread worth continuing to read.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MMM becoming a grumpy old man in this thread.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Quidnose posted:

You seem really interested in giving as few opinions as possible this game. You have no comment on what Capps is doing, you did something similar yesterday. What's the deal?

look I am really confused because you keep asking for MMM for his opinions and what not but keep acting like I am doing something bad when EVERYTHING i have posted has been an opinion

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i talked about my opinon on presidents, chili's, and chili etc. what the gently caress man.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
really i am the only one here giving this game the respect it deserves, while the rest of you sit on your hands not talking about things that matter

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
MAFIA is an ART FORM

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
THIS is a bad game and you the PLAYERS are soiling the name of MAFIA

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
AND YOU THINK I WILL JUST SIT BACK AND WATCH? NO I WILL NOT BE SILENCED QUIDNOSE, SO HERE ARE SOME MORE OPINIONS:
Prometheus was a good movie
Bill Clinton is a chill dude
My favorite two rock bands are the mountain goats and the national
I think Ms Vengeance is the best film of Park Chan Wook's vengeance trilogy
Triscuits are a great snack food

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

And the above is why I have been attempting to engage MMM instead of Capps, because engaging Capps is like trying to talk to your radio which is turned up too high.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

mr.capps posted:

really i am the only one here giving this game the respect it deserves, while the rest of you sit on your hands not talking about things that matter

mr.capps posted:

MAFIA is an ART FORM

mr.capps posted:

THIS is a bad game and you the PLAYERS are soiling the name of MAFIA

mr.capps posted:

AND YOU THINK I WILL JUST SIT BACK AND WATCH? NO I WILL NOT BE SILENCED QUIDNOSE, SO HERE ARE SOME MORE OPINIONS:
Prometheus was a good movie
Bill Clinton is a chill dude
My favorite two rock bands are the mountain goats and the national
I think Ms Vengeance is the best film of Park Chan Wook's vengeance trilogy
Triscuits are a great snack food
He said we deserved to be cursed.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Quidnose posted:

And the above is why I have been attempting to engage MMM instead of Capps, because engaging Capps is like trying to talk to your radio which is turned up too high.

I am NPR

All Things are Considered maybe in mafia as you all run around saying "Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!" but I am the breath of Fresh Air this game needs.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Capps all your posts are nonsense, please post your reads~

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

I think Capps is town for the record, I just didn't understand why you were directing your questions about his vote to me.

As for opinions, I've tried to read through but every time I do a little bit of my soul is taken away. Pretty much the only reason I kept posting was because Capps has made this thread worth continuing to read.
Why do you think Capps is town? After reading his posts in isolation I am suspicious of him because he is posting but not playing the game.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hey Yumo!!!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
bowmore, I hope your move went well!

Who do you think is a scum?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's been tired-ing

Is that even a word, no, I need sleep

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It wouldn't surprise me if chilli was scum

I'm gonna read through tomorrow

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

yuming posted:

Capps all your posts are nonsense, please post your reads~

He thinks he's funny. It's going to be nearly impossible to convince him otherwise. I think we're likely stuck with this for a little bit.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Hi sorry i haven't posted much I was at placement for a couple days. I will read posts now

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

So. MMM. Who do you think is scum and why? Ignore the shenanigans surrounding me for a moment. Mistakes were made, jokes that might have been okay outside this specific set of circumstances happened, let's move on and not dwell on it.

As much as I hate to say it, Chili's playing and he's reading. Though, I don't like the "dark horse" post, he either doesn't understand the concept or was doing something weird, which I don't like. I'm getting something of a slightly town-leaning read, because he has a point on the tangent thing. That is a scum strategy, and he wasn't entirely wrong in theory. That whole bit seems like he was trying to get some sort of reaction out of me, which he got! Just, y'know, not a useful one.

Hey, Capps. Talk about the game. Just for a little bit, I swear it won't hurt too much.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

apostateCourier posted:

So. MMM. Who do you think is scum and why? Ignore the shenanigans surrounding me for a moment. Mistakes were made, jokes that might have been okay outside this specific set of circumstances happened, let's move on and not dwell on it.

As much as I hate to say it, Chili's playing and he's reading. Though, I don't like the "dark horse" post, he either doesn't understand the concept or was doing something weird, which I don't like. I'm getting something of a slightly town-leaning read, because he has a point on the tangent thing. That is a scum strategy, and he wasn't entirely wrong in theory. That whole bit seems like he was trying to get some sort of reaction out of me, which he got! Just, y'know, not a useful one.

Hey, Capps. Talk about the game. Just for a little bit, I swear it won't hurt too much.

Not going to debate my usage of words, suffice to say that my intention was to say that I am only mildly suspicious of Hal and that there are better lynches out there. I'd rather not get caught up on all that.

Apostate, I'm not really liking this post as your grand return to the thread. All I'm seeing here is,asking someone else to put out an opinion, followed by a little bit of gladhanding, then putting out a "slightly town-leaning read" on me, and then asking Capps to do the unthinkable.

A lot of stuff happened when you're away, anything ringing out as scummy to you?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Yes. Let these people answer my questions.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Chili (2): Poison Mushroom, mr.capps
MildManeredManikin (1): Chili

Not Voting (9): apostateCourier, AXE COP, bowmore, Hal Incandenza, MildManeredManikin, Quidnose, Saith, yuming, zzyzx

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 23rd, 2014 at 9 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 11 hours.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

apostateCourier posted:

Yes. Let these people answer my questions.

I am less than thrilled with this response.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I am less than thrilled with you. I want to see if they can redeem themselves by actually playing the game. It'd be really cool if Axe would come back and actually read the thread like they said they were going to. That's setting off all sorts of alarm bells.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

apostateCourier posted:

I am less than thrilled with you. I want to see if they can redeem themselves by actually playing the game. It'd be really cool if Axe would come back and actually read the thread like they said they were going to. That's setting off all sorts of alarm bells.

You're essentially doing something similar to what is setting off alarm bells though. You left the thread yesterday, told us you'd see us all tomorrow, and ostensibly dismissed day 1 because you were upset. That's all fine, but now I'd kinda like to see something with teeth from you. It ain't just you, honestly, and I'm only really harping on you because you're actually here and can respond.

Speaking of, can we get an update on Saith?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I am calling some people out for scummy behavior and am asking for their opinions on the goings-on to date, minus the completely irrelevant snafu.

• Locked thread