Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

To be honest it's the worst thing I've dealt with, far worse than rotting bodies. He was alive and breathing when I first met him, a quarter hour later he is dead and I'm going through his wallet for ID and having to flick through pictures of his kids and wife. Technically he didn't die until he got to hospital and a doctor said he was dead, but by the time the Paramedics got him on a stretcher he had copped it.

Wish they would tell you just how loving useless CPR is when they train you. I was naively thinking "Great, he has literally just gone in to cardiac arrest and stopped breathing, I'll be able to keep him going until the Paramedics get here."

I've heard the exact same thing from other copbros of mine who have had the same experience. It's really unfair to first responders that they don't emphasize the reality of CPR. It wasn't anything you did wrong. Without an AED or an emergency room minutes away, your dude's odds were pretty bad. You did what you could for him, and that's all anyone could ask for.

If you want to chat about it or anything, hit me up. Take care of yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

DrakeriderCa posted:

Bernard Mcfacknutah doesn't chat about his problems, he bottles them up within his 6'3" 240lbs frame until things boil over and he snaps some chav in two like a real man.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
omg I just realized I said "chat" and I think that's some kind of limey slang for hitting on a girl so lets get this straight McFacknutah

Just because I'm a colonial doesn't mean you can put your weiner in me

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

DrakeriderCa posted:

I've heard the exact same thing from other copbros of mine who have had the same experience. It's really unfair to first responders that they don't emphasize the reality of CPR. It wasn't anything you did wrong. Without an AED or an emergency room minutes away, your dude's odds were pretty bad. You did what you could for him, and that's all anyone could ask for.

I have a coworker who has managed to save 2 people out of probably 20 attempts in his 15 years on the job, and in my county depending on where you collapse your wait time for an AED to get on scene could be aywhere from 5-20 minutes.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
not a cop but when I was going through cpr training our guys just basically said "they're probably dead, but maybe when you hand them off to the emts with paddles/aed you'll have saved them some brain damage"

then we got aeds.

then we got told to never use them on people outside the cg.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
The way I've always looked at it is this, you probably won't save this guy but if you keep at the cpr the brain dead gently caress could donate all sorts of organs improving the lives of countless needy orphans.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
In a city setting, good passerby CPR is much better and some people wake up because of it, with no adverse effects on their daily lives.

One dude had collapsed next to his wife when they were talking about the holiday in North Dakota. Passerby CPR kept him until we arrived and after some fancy poo poo, shocking got him back up. He continued talking about North Dakota. A tad eery.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
How is it in the year of out Lord 2014 and each patrol car doesn't have an AED in the trunk?

Even I had one in the back.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

GunForumMeme posted:

How is it in the year of out Lord 2014 and each patrol car doesn't have an AED in the trunk?

Even I had one in the back.

it would get in the way of the rifle case duh

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
we only just got every car one in 2012, and that was only because someone donated a bunch of money to get all of us one.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

We've got several of them in strategic locations throughout the parish. All the aed money goes to getting captains & above a new Tahoe every year.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
How many po boy related deaths is there in your parish every year?

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
Lmao that you think every patrol car has an aed. There's no money for that.

I don't even have CAD.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I am a "First Responder" at the IRS which means I was trained to push the AED buttan at the time it tells me to....twice even.

Also, CPR usually results in a 15%ish survival rate...according to an article on slate or the atlantic which I cannot for the life of me find right now so gently caress you and die with your sore arm and blue lower lip. Don't be a lazy sack of poo poo like the loving shitbags hiding behind the engy door on the subway. SAVE PEOPLE! Do the jerb that you are not constitutionally bound to do...no matter what shithole you live in. Go be a security guard if you wanna run away like a fat lazy oval office.

:mad:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

How many po boy related deaths is there in your parish every year?

Enough that the overtime keeps me modestly comfortable.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
oval office:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Lmao that you think every patrol car has an aed. There's no money for that.

There's a shitload of charities that would donate AEDs to make this happen.

Hell, that's how we got ours, and that was at a for profit company.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Reign Of Pain posted:

oval office:

agreeed

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Reign Of Pain posted:

oval office:

Who's this oval office?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
^^^ http://www.cracked.com/article_21830_cops-wont-help-you-7-things-i-saw-as-real-slasher-victim.html ^^^

Thank you. Does anyone else have an opinion on this? I understand that its a Cracked article but it seems that they talked to the stabee in this and it really fucks me off. I know y'all said it's about going home but that's some hosed up faggotry right there.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
I don't think I could perform CPR on a minority :shrug:

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Even if it's the father of your grandchild?

Again... :(

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Aren't geniuses a minority? I could do CPR on a genius.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Reign Of Pain posted:

Even if it's the father of your grandchild?

Again... :(

that's heavy man.

zombie303 posted:

I guess Asians are alright

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

zombie303 posted:

Women are a minority.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Grem posted:

Women are a minority.

I would do CPR on two womens at a time.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

zombie303 posted:

I would do CPR on two womens at a time.

And the only way you'd get them to do it would be, well, to have them not-alive.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Vahakyla posted:

And the only way you'd get them to do it would be, well, to have them not-alive.

:drat:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Vahakyla posted:

Even better.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Oi Bernard can you get your colleagues to stop blowing up taxis? Or blow up more taxis to make the bus lanes emptier. I'm unsure about how I feel re: the met exploding cabs. http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/driver-livid-after-police-blew-up-his-broken-down-taxi-in-terror-scare-near-the-gherkin-9809597.html

SubStandard posted:

A black cab driver was today said to be “livid” after police blew up his broken-down taxi following a terror scare in the shadow of the Gherkin.

The driver apparently said he had been forced to leave the silver Hackney cab on a rank in the City after a breakdown at the weekend, but when he went to retrieve it yesterday morning, he discovered it had been blown up by anti-terror police. The blast shattered the cab’s rear window and damaged its back end, as well as smashing the windows of a nearby pub.

Buildings were evacuated and roads around Camomile Street and Bishopsgate closed as traffic slowed to a standstill in the heart of the Square Mile. The driver of the cab later claimed he had broken down on Friday evening and was forced to ditch the vehicle over the weekend.

A man in his twenties who works nearby said: “The police were looking at the vehicle at about 5.30am and were shining torches through the window. There was an electronic device that had lights flashing on it and the police evacuated the area at about 6.50am and blew it up an hour later.”

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

DrakeriderCa posted:

Don't worry sweetie, I'll hit you up. No need to play coy, I'll even wear my beat helmet while I splash your tonsils. Seriously though, I was a bit bummed out for the rest of the shift but after speaking to the doctor and realizing it was more or less a hopeless exercise from the beginning I just chalked it down to 'life'.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Oi Bernard can you get your colleagues to stop blowing up taxis?

Thankfully we are off the hook on this one, it was those prissy little piss stains from City police force. It's a tiny island of territory entirely surrounded by the MET http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_London_Police .

patb01
Jul 4, 2008
Wait...I thought the Metropolitan Police was the London police?

Other news, my local county hired me as a dispatcher, I start monday. Sheriff, EMS and Fire, should be interesting.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

patb01 posted:

Wait...I thought the Metropolitan Police was the London police?

Other news, my local county hired me as a dispatcher, I start monday. Sheriff, EMS and Fire, should be interesting.

Are you a woman? Are you even mildly attractive, like a 4/10? If so be prepared to be doggedly pursued by like half the force.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Well, there are 40000 MET officers in London, another 800 from City of London who only police a single district, maybe 500 from BTP who police the train stations (over and underground), a couple of hundred Ministry of Defense police who guard MOD property and a fluctuating number of NCIS agents (UK FBI) who are loving useless. A couple of my dad's old colleagues joined NICS when it was formed a few years ago and all they ever say is how the whole organization is rotten from the bottom up.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

beanieson posted:

Are you a woman? Are you even mildly attractive, like a 4/10? If so be prepared to be doggedly pursued by like half the force.

QFT

patb01
Jul 4, 2008
Well, then half the force is going to be dissapointed, I am a guy with a beard so them the other half of the force will be after me, maybe more depending on the gay contingent.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

patb01 posted:

Well, then half the force is going to be dissapointed, I am a guy with a beard so them the other half of the force will be after me, maybe more depending on the gay contingent.

If you were in the MET you'd be getting eye-raped by half the force. And I don't mean the female half. We have a bear as a custody skipper, he jokingly makes passes at young male probationers and it's hilarious to watch them shrivel up like a ladyboys scrotum.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
Anecdotal, but my brother saved the lives of 5 cardiac patients in a row last year using CPR. Over about a 2 week period. He says the odds of that happening are ridiculous and pretty much unheard of.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

shrivel up like a ladyboys scrotum.

Of all the metaphors...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

patb01 posted:

In that case have fun laying pipe on all those 4/10 lady dispatchers :thumbsup:

• Locked thread