Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I watched the fire department show up to an ignited car, then the police and an ambulance show up to the injured firefighters after an explosion. drat cool. I hope AI improves on the PC though. Those poor firemen were just trying to stop a car fire :(

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I watched the fire department show up to an ignited car, then the police and an ambulance show up to the injured firefighters after an explosion. drat cool. I hope AI improves on the PC though. Those poor firemen were just trying to stop a car fire :(

Whenever I do this, I watch firefighters get shot by the Vagos for "firing" their extinguishers at a car.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

crazysim posted:

Whenever I do this, I watch firefighters get shot by the Vagos for "firing" their extinguishers at a car.

lmao

I almost feel like sitting through a 7 gig installation just to do this.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

crazysim posted:

I have seen this happen with CGF before, totally normal fire, CGF opens up on the first responders

E: Okay, why are so few things able to be bought from the stores in story mode? I want to buy a Sadler or a Voltic but don't want to run around the state looking for one

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 18, 2014

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Just beat the game. If you don't choose Option C, you're not doing GTA right, because that was the most GTA final mission I've ever played.

I knew it wouldn't be satisfying killing Michael or Trevor, and I wouldn't have been happy with the game and story ending that way. I went with C hoping/figuring that would avoid that.

I picked Stretch off with a sniper rifle, jumped on I-5, and his homies never caught up. I didn't give a crap about Cheng in the game but blew him up with a couple quickly tossed stickies. Had a little trouble losing his guys. The one who really deserved popped was Haines and it was the choice between the sniper rifle and the rocket launcher to me. I chose the latter. Sorry about that, camera guy.

And then Devin Weston got what he had coming to him in the most smug (on T/M/F's part) finish possible. Finishing he and Haines were satisfying.

Awesome. I just hope they follow through with some more single player story DLC, because I could get behind another mini-story or a couple more heists.

e- Also, drat the cops were hard to lose on the last heist. My first thought was to head for the hills. It didn't work. Then I went for the RR tracks hoping for a short tunnel. Again, no luck. At that point, I ended up jacking the power plant security car and promptly put it in the water on accident. Against all odds, I stole a Sheriff's car.

TL;DR: Once you get out of the garage, head for the railroad tracks just outside town. Turn BACK TOWARD LS, and park in the tunnel which is several miles long.

e- Is Dr. Friendlander's report which shows immediately after the credits customized based upon your play or is it just a standard thing everyone gets?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 22, 2014

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It's customised based on your play style.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

CBJSprague24 posted:

Just beat the game. If you don't choose Option C, you're not doing GTA right, because that was the most GTA final mission I've ever played.

I knew it wouldn't be satisfying killing Michael or Trevor, and I wouldn't have been happy with the game and story ending that way. I went with C hoping/figuring that would avoid that.

I picked Stretch off with a sniper rifle, jumped on I-5, and his homies never caught up. I didn't give a crap about Cheng in the game but blew him up with a couple quickly tossed stickies. Had a little trouble losing his guys. The one who really deserved popped was Haines and it was the choice between the sniper rifle and the rocket launcher to me. I chose the latter. Sorry about that, camera guy.

And then Devin Weston got what he had coming to him in the most smug (on T/M/F's part) finish possible. Finishing he and Haines were satisfying.

Awesome. I just hope they follow through with some more single player story DLC, because I could get behind another mini-story or a couple more heists.

e- Also, drat the cops were hard to lose on the last heist. My first thought was to head for the hills. It didn't work. Then I went for the RR tracks hoping for a short tunnel. Again, no luck. At that point, I ended up jacking the power plant security car and promptly put it in the water on accident. Against all odds, I stole a Sheriff's car.

TL;DR: Once you get out of the garage, head for the railroad tracks just outside town. Turn BACK TOWARD LS, and park in the tunnel which is several miles long.

e- Is Dr. Friendlander's report which shows immediately after the credits customized based upon your play or is it just a standard thing everyone gets?

Killing Steve Haines with a rocket launcher sounds like overkill, but you're playing as Trevor so I guess there's really no such thing.

I do kinda wish they had made the whole thing into a multi-part finale. The bit with Devin was perfect, as was Stretch going out like a bitch, but it felt like it should've been harder and required a bit more setup to take out both Haines and Cheng given their roles in the story

Also, did you do the final heist with the modded cars? Because the other way is more profitable and requires less setup, which is kind of baffling, but there it is.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Wolfsheim posted:

Also, did you do the final heist with the modded cars? Because the other way is more profitable and requires less setup, which is kind of baffling, but there it is.

Dang, really? I should give SP another play-through.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

To be fair, it's what you deserve for not taking the most GTA-style choice in a GTA game.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Well, I still think one of my favorite scenes in the game is when Trevor holds up his ID card extra long to the bank guy.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I did the heist with the drill and helicopters.

I came across something (and I think a video to back it up) where, after the story ends, if Michael steals a police car, loses the wanted stars, and gets it back to his garage, he can go on pseudo-police missions in the car while wearing the Highway Patrol uniform (if he's fired upon, he can call 911 for backup and they'll help him/he can intervene in an ongoing police chase and not get in trouble for it).

How does that work?

e- I miss the Vigilante missions from GTA:SA and want to relive them in some way, even if there's no benefit.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Oct 23, 2014

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I did the heist with the drill and helicopters.

I came across something (and I think a video to back it up) where, after the story ends, if Michael steals a police car, loses the wanted stars, and gets it back to his garage, he can go on pseudo-police missions in the car while wearing the Highway Patrol uniform (if he's fired upon, he can call 911 for backup and they'll help him/he can intervene in an ongoing police chase and not get in trouble for it).

How does that work?

e- I miss the Vigilante missions from GTA:SA and want to relive them in some way, even if there's no benefit.

It sounds like you already know how, give it a shot and report back. I would but I broke my play disk.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I tried three times last night and didn't do something right, apparently. I'll keep after it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Making this its own post for those interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1S54bbcQxU

TL;DR-

-As Michael, go to the nearest police station (Vinewood seems to be closest).
-Pick out a patrol car of your choice (Crown Vic or the Fusion-looking cruiser).
-Steal it and run, preferably back toward home.
-Enter the Wanted Down cheat:
--PS3 — R1, R1, CIRCLE, R2, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT
--Xbox 360 — RB, RB, B, RT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT
-Take cruiser back to Michael's home garage.
-Save game.
-After save, put on Highway Patrol uniform.

It looks like some situations appear as random events on the map, while others can be "created" by pulling someone over, calling 911, and engaging the enemies in some sort of fight. The backup will shoot them for/alongside you.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Making this its own post for those interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1S54bbcQxU

TL;DR-

-As Michael, go to the nearest police station (Vinewood seems to be closest).
-Pick out a patrol car of your choice (Crown Vic or the Fusion-looking cruiser).
-Steal it and run, preferably back toward home.
-Enter the Wanted Down cheat:
--PS3 — R1, R1, CIRCLE, R2, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT
--Xbox 360 — RB, RB, B, RT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT
-Take cruiser back to Michael's home garage.
-Save game.
-After save, put on Highway Patrol uniform.

It looks like some situations appear as random events on the map, while others can be "created" by pulling someone over, calling 911, and engaging the enemies in some sort of fight. The backup will shoot them for/alongside you.

This doesn't work for Trevor? Because holy poo poo, Trevor pulling people over for traffic violations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Crappy Jack posted:

This doesn't work for Trevor? Because holy poo poo, Trevor pulling people over for traffic violations.

It might. It's only demonstrated with Michael, but I guess the uniform can be accessed by Trevor as well. The video creator didn't specify.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
While that looks cool, it doesn't seem to be out of the ordinary gameplay. Without a cop uniform you can do all of those same things, if you call the cops.

I guess I am slightly unsure of the taser, but seeing as the guy doesn't use real guns, I suspect that would break the AI and gain him a wanted star.

The vigilante still looks fun. Thankfully ps4 version is real close.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The video showed Michael chasing a criminal in the desert and hitting him with the car. It looked like there were blue and red icons on the map which he could use to find them & the cop says "Thanks for the help. Make sure to leave this part out of the report." Does that happen other times?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

The video showed Michael chasing a criminal in the desert and hitting him with the car. It looked like there were blue and red icons on the map which he could use to find them & the cop says "Thanks for the help. Make sure to leave this part out of the report." Does that happen other times?

Yeah, any time you've got at least a 1-star rating, cop cars in your vicinity will show up as red and blue icons on the map. None of this is anything special that isn't just playing around with the AI as it is.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

CBJSprague24 posted:

This might've been that scripted event where the two criminals are hiding behind their car and both they and the police ask you for help.

Every time I've tried to 'help' the police by attacking a random criminal they were fighting they just started shooting at me, even if I had no weapons out (like if you run up an punch one of the criminals in the face, for example).

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Compared to the earlier GTA games, where you'd get a vigilante cash bonus for stopping the crime. :v:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

This might've been that scripted event where the two criminals are hiding behind their car and both they and the police ask you for help.

Every time I've tried to 'help' the police by attacking a random criminal they were fighting they just started shooting at me, even if I had no weapons out (like if you run up an punch one of the criminals in the face, for example).

Crap, I think you're right.

drat. No Cops 'n Crooks multiplayer, no vigilante easter egg.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Finally getting around to finishing this game. Starting a mission in underwear is as hilarious as ever. In this instance it was the last of the stranger missions with the cuckold realtor.

Also I want a DLC with Trevor and Mary-Ann getting hitched. :allears:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

Finally getting around to finishing this game. Starting a mission in underwear is as hilarious as ever. In this instance it was the last of the stranger missions with the cuckold realtor.

Also I want a DLC with Trevor and Mary-Ann getting hitched. :allears:

I would be so happy if there were additional Mary-Ann content.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Can you not use the Dubsta 6x6 as getaway in The Big Score obvious approach? When I entered it it said it was suitable, but after modding it I can't call Lester.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

One of the things I love about GTA games is the continuity of some brand names in the GTA world. It's of those "It's the little things" aspects.

How many "brands" have carried across more than one game? I can think of Burger Shot, Ammu-Nation, 24/7, and Pay 'n' Spray going all the way back to Vice City, though the latter doesn't appear in GTA V.

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.

CBJSprague24 posted:

One of the things I love about GTA games is the continuity of some brand names in the GTA world. It's of those "It's the little things" aspects.

How many "brands" have carried across more than one game? I can think of Burger Shot, Ammu-Nation, 24/7, and Pay 'n' Spray going all the way back to Vice City, though the latter doesn't appear in GTA V.

Don't forget Tw@, Sprunk and my favorite, Pißwasser. Fallout has Nuka-Cola and Oceanic Airlines has come up in a few games although I can only think of the Wolf Among Us off the top of my head.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Just FYI, rocckstar just released an HD updated, further draw distance enabled version of GTA:SA on xbl this morning, only $3.75, get dat poo poo

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Just FYI, rocckstar just released an HD updated, further draw distance enabled version of GTA:SA on xbl this morning, only $3.75, get dat poo poo
It's a 10th anniversary remaster :) Same one that was on mobile devices, I believe, but this one has been updated for 360.

I can confirm that price, as I just bought it for that much. I had $5 in my Xbox account and it was fully covered. Downloading now. 2.05GB download.

If you haven't played San Andreas before or if it's been years since you last played it, go go go!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

...and now I pray they decide to port Vice City over with achievements.

This would make me wetter than an otter's pocket.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I'm very sad that Trevor's underwear outfit doesn't last beyond death. :(

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

SplitSoul posted:

I'm very sad that Trevor's underwear outfit doesn't last beyond death. :(
check the box next to the till in binco

then check out the pretty dresses

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

If it's on PSN for PS3 for $3.75, I may just have to open my wallet for that one.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CBJSprague24 posted:

If it's on PSN for PS3 for $3.75, I may just have to open my wallet for that one.
It's 360 only, I think.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Oh well.

Wolfsheim posted:

Killing Steve Haines with a rocket launcher sounds like overkill, but you're playing as Trevor so I guess there's really no such thing.

I do kinda wish they had made the whole thing into a multi-part finale. The bit with Devin was perfect, as was Stretch going out like a bitch, but it felt like it should've been harder and required a bit more setup to take out both Haines and Cheng given their roles in the story

I liked what went down with Haines. He was so consumed with making his TV show, part of his cocky nature, that he let his guard down. You could argue he never imagined T/M/F would come after him and it was his undoing.

As for blowing Haines up with a rocket launcher, it felt like the Trevor thing to do given Trevor's disdain for him.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Bobby Deluxe posted:

check the box next to the till in binco

then check out the pretty dresses

Well, I guess the leopard print is nice, but he's still in his default sweatpants and white tee after I die.

Thanks, though. Would've never figured that out on my own.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

SplitSoul posted:

Thanks, though. Would've never figured that out on my own.
Yeah, I only spotted it because I went crazy post game and went round binco trying to buy everything, noticed a popup as I went past the box. I think it was titties who mentioned the dress in the online thread.

I feel like I missed out though since I only spotted them post game. Imagine how much more magical cutscenes like the maze bank cia/fbi shitstorm would be with Trevor popping up sporting full mullet, hobo beard and pretty floral dress.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Oct 28, 2014

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I feel like I missed out though since I only spotted them post game. Imagine how much more magical cutscenes like the maze bank cia/fbi shitstorm would be with Trevor popping up sporting full mullet, hobo beard and pretty floral dress.

That's what replaying missions is for, bud. Your outfit goes with you.

And yes, it is amazing.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

It's a 10th anniversary remaster :) Same one that was on mobile devices, I believe, but this one has been updated for 360.

I can confirm that price, as I just bought it for that much. I had $5 in my Xbox account and it was fully covered. Downloading now. 2.05GB download.

If you haven't played San Andreas before or if it's been years since you last played it, go go go!
Do the missions in this have checkpoints like the iOS version does? I really liked that about the mobile port.

edit: according to comments on Eurogamer, mid-mission checkpoints are in. Probably would have picked this up anyway, but that settles it.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Oct 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

GTAV is 50% off on Xbox at the mo, just in case anyone was still thinking of picking it up.

• Locked thread