Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Aatrox is a skilly matchup IMO. The rest of that list is solid though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I've been building attack speed and crit on Sion, and it feels so wrong... but then I kick Chogath to death and I get over it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Someone teach me how to Corki before i get in way over my head. I'm copying a build I saw at World's to some degree and by mid-late game I'm doing gross amounts of damage to everyone.

Normal ADC Masteries
Hybrid Penetration Runes

Phage -> Sheen -> Triforce
Sorc's Boots -> Liandry's -> Black Cleaver -> Infinity Edge -> Defensive item

I've been pulling off some of the best ADC scores of my career with this build, and even if I just blow rear end in lane phase, by the time I finish Triforce and Sorc Shoes, I'm doing enough damage to seriously chunk down people with a Rocket/Q combo, but I haven't gotten long enough into a game that didn't have us surrender to play from behind.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Riven counters:
Walk sideways.

Seriously, she is melee champion you can dodge all her attacks.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Waffle! posted:

I've been building attack speed and crit on Sion, and it feels so wrong... but then I kick Chogath to death and I get over it.

aw yea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voXhLliLbkc

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Libertine posted:

Had a really fun normal game where I copied GMB Diamond's Jungle Gragas build (that he's been spamming in solo queue) and test driving it. It was my first time doing it and I played terribly early game and we were down 0/4 including me feeding double buffs to Leblanc and Darius going up 2-0 on our Irelia.

Still won off just never-ending rally team fights. Max CDR Full Tank Gragas is just a relentless beast. Constant knock-ups, disruptions, slows, wall dashes and crashes. Just a ton of fun. They had a Jungle Zed who kept trying to Death Mark me but by endgame I had 4000+ HP and 300+ Armor and I was just laughing while throwing back another grog.

You can see my match:
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1596743216/35935640?tab=builds

Or you can see Diamond's builds (all similiar just differences in tank itemization):
http://www.probuilds.net/guide/EUW/1764678595/20234739
http://www.probuilds.net/guide/EUW/1758830341/20234739
http://www.probuilds.net/guide/EUW/1756939807/20234739

I was gifted Fnatic Gragas skin recently so I've been wanting an excuse to use it. I think I may start Gragas jungling again..I feel like he fell a bit out of favor, but I guess super-tank Gragas can do wondrous things. :D

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Asema posted:

or it's a normal blind pick game that he didn't take serious and dicked around on a role/champion he never plays

but no yeah he was 100% boosted yeah man

(guess how many times he's played Ziggs in ranked)

Normals' matchmaking must be hosed up then, if that's true.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Agreed, riven was never a terror in solo queue like shen or singed. Lmao.

Shen completely warped the metagame until they gutted him, and proxy singed is a strong contender for the most broken thing which has ever existed in this game which wasn't a straight up bug.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

BigLeafyTree posted:

Do all your friends play League?

They play Destiny and also Civilization

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Then play those games with them imo

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

Shen completely warped the metagame until they gutted him, and proxy singed is a strong contender for the most broken thing which has ever existed in this game which wasn't a straight up bug.

Proxy Singed was an annoying as hell gimmick but if you had anyone that could get sustain in lane you could freeze indefinitely along with him. It kinda came down to if the singed was useful despite dying four billion times or if he was a total retard though.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

THE PENETRATOR posted:

One grindy game is enough for me at least, and Destiny fills that slot. Watch like an hour or two of streams and see if the and grabs you. If not, don't bother.

Proxy Singed was funny and interesting because it exploited game mechanics, required a different strategy to play against, and bypassed a lot of assumptions people had about the game. It may or may not have been good for the game but it was the most interesting thing to happen in a while, especially top lane.

BigLeafyTree fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 23, 2014

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Transient People posted:

That and the guillotine refresh, since it meant he could always fight you and you couldn't really fight back. Otherwise yeah, he was (mostly) reasonable. Just unfun to play against.

The best part of this is that they nerfed Riven's ult cooldown during this period, with the reasoning that "Riven can kill you with her ultimate and then by the time you revive and make it back to lane, she has it ready again. And that's really not fair or fun for her opponent."

Which was true. They just ignored that Darius could, and was designed specifically to, do this exact thing.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

Why would I play this game over Smite?

Maybe you find it disrespectful to play as actual gods and are not a fan of cultural appropriation???

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Che Delilas posted:

The best part of this is that they nerfed Riven's ult cooldown during this period, with the reasoning that "Riven can kill you with her ultimate and then by the time you revive and make it back to lane, she has it ready again. And that's really not fair or fun for her opponent."

Which was true. They just ignored that Darius could, and was designed specifically to, do this exact thing.

I believe they ended up changing that after a month though. So while it may have been a bit tardy, at least they both ended up getting equal treatment with the nerf stick.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Servaetes posted:

Proxy Singed was an annoying as hell gimmick but if you had anyone that could get sustain in lane you could freeze indefinitely along with him. It kinda came down to if the singed was useful despite dying four billion times or if he was a total retard though.

The golden age of top lane Susan

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

If it's worth anything to you, I hate that bullshit as well. It's incredibly dumb that when laning against her, victory is usually predicated on who presses R first.

I'm of the opinion if the counterplay to *ability* is killing her before she can do it, the ability is badly designed.

I'm really glad I had my coming-of-age via HoN/Dota and thusly I'm not whiny as gently caress about piddly poo poo like Fiora's ultimate. Boo hoo you need to kill the champion to stop them from doing {X}! What a terrible design!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
IMO, for true balanced counterplay to be present, all champions should (and must) exchange three full cycles of QWER each before they are permitted to kill each other.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brannock posted:

IMO, for true balanced counterplay to be present, all champions should (and must) exchange three full cycles of QWER each before they are permitted to kill each other.

should increase the mana cost of every spell so you really make the skill shots count IMO

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Is there a support group for players that find themselves enjoying twisted treeline? I know I should stop and get help but I just can't stop queuing. Let me tell you about double ap push comps and soloing vilemaw at spawnohgod I'm sorry I can't help it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Brannock posted:

These exchanges should also carry no permanent or even semipermanent cost and both parties should have the option to leave these exchanges at any time and be completely safe under the loving shadow of their tower.

Oh and the champion who has to push more buttons should win because they have more buttons to push and thus take more skill to play.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Brannock posted:

I'm really glad I had my coming-of-age via HoN/Dota and thusly I'm not whiny as gently caress about piddly poo poo like Fiora's ultimate. Boo hoo you need to kill the champion to stop them from doing {X}! What a terrible design!

It's rough a lot of the times if a Fiora gets close enough to thwack three people but holy gently caress is exhausting one right as she's about to start up her ult satisfying as hell

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Champions also need to bow to each other before starting a fight, because that's the honorable way to start a duel and I take my e-bushido very seriously.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

There were 5 or 6 people in the last thread crying about how proxy singed was GREAT and INNOVATIVE and that Riot was TERRIBLE for nerfing this new, innovative strategy, and that for League to succeed it MUST allow emergent gameplay like this to flourish.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

theflyingorc posted:

There were 5 or 6 people in the last thread crying about how proxy singed was GREAT and INNOVATIVE and that Riot was TERRIBLE for nerfing this new, innovative strategy, and that for League to succeed it MUST allow emergent gameplay like this to flourish.

They were correct.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Brannock posted:

They were correct.

For abusing a flaw of the game mechanics?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Defensive power from offensive stats is unequivocally bad, champions so mobile that don't have to buy boots at any point during a game are bad, champions with ults that force your opponent out of lane just because you pressed it regardless of outcome of your all in are bad. She's also brain dead mash button who gives a poo poo easy, and "outplaying" consists of sitting in a bush for 2 seconds while all your buttons come back so your spastic 14 year old hands can flail your way into damaging cc again. The only champion, worse designed, than riven, is nobody. Riven is worst.

Shut the gently caress up and stop posting in this thread. Your opinions are bad and you should keep them to yourself.

fnox
May 19, 2013

The problem wasn't proxy Singed per se it was more the fact that only Singed could proxy. It is a very different strategy from basically everything else in the game that abused a lot of stuff, but only Singed could pull it off effectively.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Bholder posted:

For abusing a flaw of the game mechanics?

Good afternoon, Bholder.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

The Mash posted:

Shut the gently caress up and stop posting in this thread. Your opinions are bad and you should keep them to yourself.

My friend Keven is right and there's no need to be mean to him for being correct

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Also uh, actually garen could proxy extremely well (and still can) but no one plays Garen so it went unnoticed.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Brannock posted:

Good afternoon, Bholder.

hilarious

fnox posted:

The problem wasn't proxy Singed per se it was more the fact that only Singed could proxy. It is a very different strategy from basically everything else in the game that abused a lot of stuff, but only Singed could pull it off effectively.

Just to be clear "proxy Singed" is about feeding until you are not worth any gold, not the actual proxy-ing where you go beyond the enemy turrets and farm, because that is something everyone can do.

The whole tactical feeding was stupid, you could literally do nothing about it, while they get infinite farm.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Riven is bad and brannock is still mad, what else is new in League of Legends.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Brannock posted:

They were correct.

hahaha you almost got me, I almost believed a human could actually think that.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Hello, A Saucy Bratwurst.

theflyingorc posted:

hahaha you almost got me, I almost believed a human could actually think that.

Hello, theflyingorc.

henkman posted:

Greetings, everyone

Hello, henkman.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Greetings, everyone

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Servaetes posted:

Hello, theflyingorc.
hail and well met, traveler

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I doubt you're capable of "verse"ing your nerve cells against each other long enough to produce a post that isn't a gormless expression of faint bewilderment.

Headline
Jul 9, 2008

by XyloJW
Oh boy the bad thread is getting even worse

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Have you ever noticed good players don't post in this thread very much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Headline
Jul 9, 2008

by XyloJW
I post in this thread all the time tho

• Locked thread