Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Literally Kermit posted:

No new chapter this week? I MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

http://www.mangapanda.com/toriko/297

Fighting Tournament hosted by the Monkey King, winner gets to have soup with the King

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Iai-aye :lol:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I can't tell if that mountain is the monkey king itself, its appetite monster, or an actual mountain.

I hope it's actually just one of the instructors.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 17, 2014

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I would like to see more of the Kannon gorilla.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

RatHat posted:

I can't tell if that mountain is the monkey king itself, its appetite monster, or an actual mountain.

I hope it's actually just one of the instructors.

I think we already saw the real monkey king and he was much spoiler. I think it's just one of the higher-up monkeys.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

^^^

That monkey confirmed for Monkey-Zonge

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Pair located.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Chapter 298

I... I think ^Mr. Vile^ may not be far off.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

http://www.mangapanda.com/toriko/298

That Nitro has a Piranha Plant in that basket :3:

Also, chance of 'Pair' being monkey balls is rising by the second

e: beaten

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Yep, monkey balls was my first thought too.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

MONKEY BALLS

Or a Monkey rear end cheeks.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Aside from balls I was gonna say probably the brain, with the two hemispheres.

But I'm guessing they're gonna have to harvest it without killing the thing. Monkey boogers?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Pair is the soup, so whatever it is it's gotta be liquid. Toriko will not break food logic quite that far.

e: And it probably won't be tears because we already did that in the Gourmet Pyramid.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Whatever it is is gonna be super gross.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Its semen.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

RatHat posted:

Whatever it is is gonna be super gross.

And delicious!

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

TNG posted:

And delicious!

You know it will be.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Pair is the soup, so whatever it is it's gotta be liquid. Toriko will not break food logic quite that far.

e: And it probably won't be tears because we already did that in the Gourmet Pyramid.

Well it's a soup made from whatever it is, so it could still be anything from some bones to its hair.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Shugojin posted:

Maybe it will be tears again, but this time they must make the monkey king shed a tear from each eye simultaneously.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Xelkelvos posted:

Well it's a soup made from whatever it is, so it could still be anything from some bones to its hair.

The problem is the name. Though that really raises the question to what God is...

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Pair is matzah(monkey)ball soup

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
They're gonna make stone soup :haw:

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
It will be Bambina's Monkey paws. Pair will cure Komatsu, but curse him with some sort of horrible ironic downside.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Regardless of what pair turns out to be, I think we can safely assume that Toriko will chew it up and then feed it to Komatsu like a baby bird.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Serious Frolicking posted:

Regardless of what pair turns out to be, I think we can safely assume that Toriko will chew it up and then feed it to Komatsu like a baby bird.

Komatsu gets a taste of human.
Tries to kill all the group for their tasty meats and sweetbreads.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
My favorite thing about this manga is that all of this speculation is completely feasible, and probably no where near as ridiculous as Pair will actually be.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Batmasterson posted:

My favorite thing about this manga is that all of this speculation is completely feasible, and probably no where near as ridiculous as Pair will actually be.

I don't think anyone could predict AIR being a giant air filled fruit, so I doubt we'd be able to predict what PAIR is. It'll both less and more ridiculous than anything we guess.

New guess: PAIR is made of swellings from being hit on the head, but it requires one on top of the other or else it heals right away or something.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Within each of the Monkey King's perfectly symmetrical nostrils, among the hair and mucus, all in themselves high quality ingredients from years of the Monkey King smelling all sorts of good food, is a perfectly round, glistening 'Jewel Booger'.

To capture their perfect savoriness, both Jewel Boogers must be picked from the nose at exactly the same time, using a complicated set of movements. There can be no errors.

It must then be prepared by a chef who possesses no heart, a chef who is perfectly objective in his judgement, neither favoring nor neglecting the perpetration of either Jewel Booger, which melt together to form a soup broth like no other.

Toriko is the only manga where I can type up poo poo like that and walk away even hungrier.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

I don't think anyone could predict AIR being a giant air filled fruit, so I doubt we'd be able to predict what PAIR is.

Especially when it was called AIR but wasnt fully prepared until all the air was removed :v:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

KoB posted:

Especially when it was called AIR but wasnt fully prepared until all the air was removed :v:

So it's the Monkey King's balls but won't be fully prepared until they're removed.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

dragon enthusiast posted:

So it's the Monkey King's balls but won't be fully prepared until they're removed.

You know how you had to remove all of the air out of AIR? Guess what you have to remove from PAIR.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

A Meat posted:

You know how you had to remove all of the air out of AIR? Guess what you have to remove from PAIR.

P?

:stonk:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I wonder if there's any ingredient so gross that even Toriko won't eat it.

Also can god make a rock so heavy he can't lift it???

Makes u think

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I wonder if there's any ingredient so gross that even Toriko won't eat it.

Also can god make a rock so heavy he can't lift it???

Makes u think

At the very least, Toriko may be lamenting that all the people of Bewitching food world had to eat was just that one foodstuff.

Octopus Testicles...

Then again, back in the day Mansam shared a drink with Shigematsu and he compared the taste to tiger testicles...

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

New Chapter

Things got real interesting in a hurry.

The area is a class hierarchy where the top get everything. Also Piranha Plant is straight up bonkers.

And Denshark says gently caress your stairs. :smugbert:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Somewhere, Yosaku looks on approvingly.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...

Shugojin posted:

Somewhere, Yosaku looks on approvingly.

This is exactly what I thought after reading it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So it was just an instructor, also that isn't his food demon, thats his face! ugly, possibly bloated and obese, fucker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm glad the best monkey survived.

• Locked thread