Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

Reggie is a date rapist.

I'm pretty sure that one is true in the normal ones too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

sbaldrick posted:

I hope the Archie show is crazy like the Dark Archie fan trailer where Jughead is gay, Moose is in roids, Betty blows Archie to keep up with Veronica and Reggie is a date rapist.

So..really not too far removed from ADHD's High School USA!

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Archie is kind of like Garfield in that it's bland and long-running so it attracts all sorts of weird, experimental, "edgy" treatment from artists and also has owners that are open-minded enough to allow such things to be published.

So now Archie is a dimension-hopper and Sabrina the Teenage Witch married C'thulhu.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Archie is kind of like Garfield in that it's bland and long-running so it attracts all sorts of weird, experimental, "edgy" treatment from artists and also has owners that are open-minded enough to allow such things to be published.

So now Archie is a dimension-hopper and Sabrina the Teenage Witch married C'thulhu.

Isn't Archie the one that's owned by a psychotic woman who yells "PENIS" in the middle of meetings or something?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've never seen Garfield get the "edgy" treatment, and not sure I want to. :catstare:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

precision posted:

I've never seen Garfield get the "edgy" treatment, and not sure I want to. :catstare:

Coincidentally, it's the 25th anniversary of these weird rear end strips.

http://www.retrojunk.com/article/show/417/the-death-of-garfield

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Why is it so difficult to get to the general prime catalogue on amazon.com? When you open up My Prime you can either choose from 3 different genres of movie and tv show or go all the way down to the little tiny button that actually brings you to the full selection.

It's only an extra couple seconds, just really bothers me for some reason...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Man if there's a good streaming interface out there, I haven't seen it.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
I was going to say Xfinity's tablet interface isn't too bad, but then I remembered that filtering movies to just show 'Science fiction' genre still gave me Care Bears, so.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I really like Netflix's android interface but I can't tell if its because it is actually good or just the least awful of a bunch of absolutely poo poo ones.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

zoux posted:

Man if there's a good streaming interface out there, I haven't seen it.

I was going to argue with you and say Netflix had a good interface but it's not. It's the best one I've used but it's still not good, at least on any of the devices I use it on. Amazon Prime is awful on all of them, though. I don't think there's anything I would say they do better than Netflix in that regard.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Just trying to download the Amazon Prime Video app on Android is like some sort of punishment.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

MrAristocrates posted:

Just trying to download the Amazon Prime Video app on Android is like some sort of punishment.

this is why I haven't watched Transparent yet. once you get the piece of poo poo installed, it doesn't have Chromecast support.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Aye Doc posted:

this is why I haven't watched Transparent yet. once you get the piece of poo poo installed, it doesn't have Chromecast support.

You should really get on that because Transparent is a fantastic show that apparently nobody in TVIV is watching. :(

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Kurtofan posted:

Looks better than the Love boat, to be honest.

As somebody who watched the Premiere I can tell you it was not. :colbert:

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Hearing about the multitude of ways in which you people don't get what you pay for is why I pirate the poo poo out of everything.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't pirate anything, just let me legit pay a reasonable price for a product and I am happy. Otherwise, I just won't watch.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Goodwife update from when we were talking about it a month ago - I've started watching it here and there when I needed a break from The West Wing (still have 2 seasons to go on that) and it's pretty engaging. My favorite thing so far is how all the judges seem to be in some kind of competition for who can be the biggest rear end in a top hat. At first I was a bit concerned because it seemed a bit formulaic (Alicia finds some small bit of evidence that totally turns the case on its head at the crucial moment) but they seem to be finding ways to mix it up with a variety of types of cases, and I'm only 6 episodes in so far. I'm looking forward to starting in on it in earnest in like... maybe another month or two.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I haven't seen the first season in a long time but the judges aren't assholes anymore. They are some of the funnier characters on the show, like Jeffrey Tambor.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I would be perfectly willing to pay a legit reasonable price for a product that works, but that does not seem to be even remotely the case. The various services and interfaces seem to be absolute poo poo, crippled by propriatary bullshit and littered with obtrusive advertisements.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I don't even watch half the stuff I torrent, just the act itself of piracy is my addiction.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

precision posted:

Garfield's Nine Lives is pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JO2xLmKpQM

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
I've heard Agents of Shield is good now.

From where should I start watching to avoid the bad?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CelestialScribe posted:

Episode 17 in season 1. It's ok, definitely a lot less bland and boring than the first 2/3rds of season 1.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ravane posted:

I don't even watch half the stuff I torrent, just the act itself of piracy is my addiction.

Pirate Buddies? :hfive:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

CelestialScribe posted:

Its not. The first season was bad and boring. This season, meanwhile, is just bad. While I guess that's an improvement of sorts, you're still going to be rolling your eyes at stupid poo poo several times every episode (for example, this week's horrible attempt at IM2's Black Widow scene).

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Irish Joe posted:

Its not. The first season was bad and boring. This season, meanwhile, is just bad. While I guess that's an improvement of sorts, you're still going to be rolling your eyes at stupid poo poo several times every episode (for example, this week's horrible attempt at IM2's Black Widow scene).

It's no 2 Broke Girls, true, but at least a Kat Dennings guest role isn't out of question.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Decius posted:

It's no 2 Broke Girls, true, but at least a Kat Dennings guest role isn't out of question.

You don't understand man, if Irish Joe doesn't give his usual empty criticism of the show that he's never liked but inexplicably keeps watching then someone might accidentally check it out and risk being a little bit entertained by a fun, light comic book show with a decent cast. And that would be unacceptable!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Empty criticism to combat empty entertainment seems appropriate. And that's all you're getting with Agents of SHIELD: empty entertainment. The show is essentially structured like an MMO, designed to reward viewers just enough every episode to keep them engaged, while constantly moving the goal posts so they're never satisfied with those rewards. You want a truly satisfying entertainment product? Read a classic. You want something stupid and awful that fails to achieve even the mediocre goals it sets for itself? Watch Agents of SHIELD. Just don't go into SHIELD expecting something good or worthwhile, because you will be disappointed.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

CelestialScribe posted:

I'd say episode 12 is where you can see an actual change from total poo poo to "ok show"

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah it's pretty fun now and I've been enjoying the episodes.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
SHIELD is one of two shows so far this season that I look forward to watching all week and make time for on their broadcast evenings. (The other being B99). It's genuinely good, and I think it's getting even better each week.

I believe they've found their stride.

That being said, if you're going to get into it, tough out the whole first season, the setups are worth it, despite how dull it can seem.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I disagree, I think it's just as mediocre (in every regard, from acting to writing to cinematography to characterization) and boring as ever. It's just a slog and lacks any and all ambition or zeal. I'm only still watching because the completist in me (I've watched every other Marvel-related movie and show so far) has trouble just cutting losses and moving on.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
This is what the Archie tv show should look like BTW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djRAiiFlCy8

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

MrAristocrates posted:

Should have gotten a Fire phone.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Josh Lyman posted:

Should have gotten a Fire phone.

holy poo poo

h....holy poo poo

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Toxxupation posted: