Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

O yeah I think they said you chose flags for that.

But I only ofund out about that a few days ago. I remember always thinking that about Charlemagne custom kingdoms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

cripes.

Finland

Traditions
+2.5% Discipline
+10% Global Tax Modifier

Expand Viborg: +15% Defensiveness
The Hakkapeliitta: +15% Cavalry Power
The Fourth Estate: +10% Production Efficiency
Settle Middle Finland: -15% Build Cost
Found Turun Akatemia: -5% Technology Cost
The White Death: +1 Hostile Attrition
The Anjala Conspiracy: +10% Land Morale

Ambition
+2% Heretic Missionary Strength

What's the tax base of Finland? It might actually be better to release them as a march to kill Russian invaders with attrition and long sieges with that crap.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Or as Russia to kill Swedes I guess.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Oh well, at least I won't waste my time trying to create an epic celtic empire since it will just end up with the stinky Irish flag, which I could have already made with the customiser DLC.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

cripes.

Finland

Traditions
+2.5% Discipline
+10% Global Tax Modifier

Expand Viborg: +15% Defensiveness
The Hakkapeliitta: +15% Cavalry Power
The Fourth Estate: +10% Production Efficiency
Settle Middle Finland: -15% Build Cost
Found Turun Akatemia: -5% Technology Cost
The White Death: +1 Hostile Attrition
The Anjala Conspiracy: +10% Land Morale

Ambition
+2% Heretic Missionary Strength

What's the tax base of Finland? It might actually be better to release them as a march to kill Russian invaders with attrition and long sieges with that crap.

Cool. I like how all these things ideas are filling niches that the player can use with the new mechanics.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Oh well, at least I won't waste my time trying to create an epic celtic empire since it will just end up with the stinky Irish flag, which I could have already made with the customiser DLC.

Irish coat of arms has big honkers on it dude.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

"Kingdoms are also more customizable in Charlemagne with the option to create your own with custom names and banners."

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

They loving lied to us.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Irish coat of arms has big honkers on it dude.

Daddy Horny, Michael.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Yikes this seems to be the first really necessary DLC

Paid
- Declare War in support of Rebel Faction
- Abandon Core
- Sortie from Siege
- Army/Navy Template Building
- Ship Upgrading
- Sell Ship
- Fight for Subjects CBs
- Transfer Occupation
- Creating Client States
- Automatic Fleet Transport
- Allied Objectives
- Tagging player-named units as priority
- Peace: Give Up Claim
- Peace: War Reparations
- Peace: Dismantle Revolution
- Abandon Idea Group.
- Marches.
- Mothballing Fleets
- HRE: Religious Focus/War Mechanic
- New Home of Revolution Mechanic
- Lots of new eventseries. (West Africa, War-related, Revolutions, 30years war)

Free
- Map overhaul
- New Rebelmechanics
- Autonomy system
- Rebels crossing water
- Reformation changes.
- Cardinal changes
- Lots of interface improvements.
- LOTS of gamebalance tweaks&fixes.
- 100 new DHEs for rotw countries.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

After extensive research, I've decided that the 1066 Duchy of Axum Start is the easiest Jew start. Your holdings are ridicuous. Axum itself is 6 holding slots...wtf. And there are several beefy holdings in the area. Beats the pants off being a stinky tribal turk Jew.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I used to play in Abyssinia a lot and it's fun until you start butting heads with the Egyptian Muslims. Then it's loving impossible to ever expand again unless you get insanely lucky. I spent 200 years waiting for them to be busy in a crusade and I got curbstomped by their beat-down left over levies.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The only hope you have as Abyssinia is to take parts of Arabia (not Mecca or Medina unless you like fighting every muslim in the world) and thrn just stockpiling money so you can buy a shitload of mercs and just crush Egypt's levies, it usually works out better as the Seljuks and Abbasids are usually way less stable than independent Egypt.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

After extensive research, I've decided that the 1066 Duchy of Axum Start is the easiest Jew start. Your holdings are ridicuous. Axum itself is 6 holding slots...wtf. And there are several beefy holdings in the area. Beats the pants off being a stinky tribal turk Jew.

mods???

e: i'm feeling it, today is the day i go zoroastrian it up

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

DICKHEAD posted:

The time has come to assassinate the Wiz.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Would you name it Celtia. I was trying to think if I ought to of renamed my Ireland-Scotland kingdom I made a few months ago something like that. Hibernia maybe, I don't know.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

How do you stay alive or expand.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

How do you stay alive or expand.

The first couple of wars are dicey, but you get money fairly quickly from your awesome capital holding so you gotta use one of the merc groups. I beat up all the Muslims first so I was strong without the Miaphysites getting in my face and then I was big and rich enough to conquer my way north.I still haven;t dealt with the Fatmids yet, but I'll find a way to defeat them.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

before we kill wiz i want to point out his house hozorholenanfanaw;tgjangs'ag mod for victoria 1 is like four times more fun than the base game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's Hohenzollern. Come on.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm doing an india game in charlemagne. buddhist maybe.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Wormskull posted:

It's Hohenzollern. Come on.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think the reason why I never did Jews is that the Steppe is such a lovely area. Ethiopia is way better. I like having a small dense realm that punches above its weight.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite thing is that the CK2 Ethiopia is a more northern area than the actual EU4 Ethiopia occupies. Like counties that exist in CK2 become uncolonized in EU4. Paradox wtf. I get that they are trying to 'compress' Ethiopia to fit on the CK2 map a little but it's really loving wierd.

Sometimes I feel like CK2 needs a 'colonization' mechanic where you just conquer this light grey nameless county and after 25 years it just flips to your culture because you butchered all the natives Dark Ages style. Especially because Iceland even not being wasteland gets more and more ridiculous as they push the start back.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Larry Parrish posted:

My favorite thing is that the CK2 Ethiopia is a more northern area than the actual EU4 Ethiopia occupies. Like counties that exist in CK2 become uncolonized in EU4. Paradox wtf. I get that they are trying to 'compress' Ethiopia to fit on the CK2 map a little but it's really loving wierd.

Sometimes I feel like CK2 needs a 'colonization' mechanic where you just conquer this light grey nameless county and after 25 years it just flips to your culture because you butchered all the natives Dark Ages style. Especially because Iceland even not being wasteland gets more and more ridiculous as they push the start back.

The next DLC will push things back to the death of Muhammad and Iceland will be a theocracy with Irish culture

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Effectronica posted:

The next DLC will push things back to the death of Muhammad and Iceland will be a theocracy with Irish culture

Instead of the current insanity with the Shia and the Sunni existing in peaceful harmony, we will have Islam never actually fracture at all because the AI doesn't meet the requirements somehow. Also there'll be an Arabic Pagan county in somewhere stupid as poo poo like where the Mesallians are now, complete with yet another set of completely insane decisions like Form The Arabic Empire Of Ra or some poo poo. And three of your holy sites are in France.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Larry Parrish posted:

Instead of the current insanity with the Shia and the Sunni existing in peaceful harmony, we will have Islam never actually fracture at all because the AI doesn't meet the requirements somehow. Also there'll be an Arabic Pagan county in somewhere stupid as poo poo like where the Mesallians are now, complete with yet another set of completely insane decisions like Form The Arabic Empire Of Ra or some poo poo. And three of your holy sites are in France.

I can't remember whether they bothered to include the Kharijite rebellion when Old Gods dropped but I'm sure it sucks.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

muslim holy sites now include tours, tver, and the orkneys

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Effectronica posted:

I can't remember whether they bothered to include the Kharijite rebellion when Old Gods dropped but I'm sure it sucks.

they dont have the qarmatians even though they have a vegetarian trait and it would be insanely epic. kharijites are a heresy of ibadi in game now. I had them become the dominant form of ibadi in my charlemagne game

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I got the last Greek Fire stockpile lost event chain in Charlemagne as Byzantium despite Greek Fire being invented about 100 years before the start date and it's being in active production through at least the late 900s

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...22#post18275222

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Most of the paid changes are quality of life poo poo that should have been in the base game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Madre de Dios is the new epic province.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Something I noitcied with the new patch, is that the AI vassals, will raise their own personal troops to help defend their liege, which cheeses me off. Lie I'm fighting the Shia Caliph and I fight off all his normal troops, but then all his vassals pile in and waste me. It's happened twice now. It would be ok if there was somewhere I could see all these troops in the UI.

edit: actually I think it was all the minions from a jihad attaching to the Fatmid stack. No fair.

Knuc U Kinte fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Oct 24, 2014

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ethiopian Jews is the most fun I've had with this game in ages. Probably because I keep doing the same starts over and over every time a new patch comes out.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Madre de Dios is the new epic province.

Lmfao.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I did regular Miaphysites but lost interest before I did too much. Maybe I'll try the Jews.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

I did regular Miaphysites but lost interest before I did too much. Maybe I'll try the Jews.

I like it a lot cf the Khazarians...maybe I just like the really high gold numbers from epic rich provinces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Like I'm not kidding. Their are so many 5 holding provinces and your starting Province has 6 HOLDINGS. You literally start the game in the Constantinople of East Africa.