Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Kly posted:

What was the name of the program to get a PS3 controller working on PS3?

If you need a third party program to get a PS3 controller working on a PS3, I don't know what to tell you man :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Is Costume Quest 2 as repetitive as the original? Currently playing through it and find the writing charming and the art direction nice, but the battles are insanely tedious, like someone at DF thought having every encounter play out exactly the same was a good thing, to go along with the long pre-battle intro. I don't ever care that the quests get recycled since the writing is fun, but the fights are just so unnecessarily long and boring.

I know DF is all about fun characters and being charming, but I can't remember the last DF game I've played with good gameplay.

Also, is Hack 'n' Slash as poor as most of the reviews paint it? It didn't seem like it got too many patches while in Early Access and I'm kind of wondering if it went through the "drying up sales, let's slap a 1.0 and call it a day" thing. DF, I want to like you and your games but you make it hard on me.

Sivek fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 24, 2014

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

TheNintenGenius posted:

If you need a third party program to get a PS3 controller working on a PS3, I don't know what to tell you man :v:

Haha, oops! I meant on PC.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sivek posted:

Is Costume Quest 2 as repetitive as the original? Currently playing through it and find the writing charming and the art direction nice, but the battles are insanely tedious, like someone at DF thought having every encounter play out exactly the same was a good thing, to go along with the long pre-battle intro. I don't ever care that the quests get recycled since the writing is fun, but the fights are just so unnecessarily long and boring.

I know DF is all about fun characters and being charming, but I can't remember the last DF game I've played with good gameplay.

Also, is Hack 'n' Slash as poor as most of the reviews paint it? It didn't seem like it got too many patches while in Early Access and I'm kind of wondering if it went through the "drying up sales, let slap a 1.0 and call it a day" thing. DF, I want to like you and your games but you make it hard on me.

It does suffer acutely from DF syndrome, yes. Maybe even more than the first near the end.

Hack 'n' Slash is a full game but not exactly what the premise was originally. While messing with all the crazy variables is pretty fun, once you've slid all the sliders up and then down in a few combinations, it's a few fair steps away from a game beyond that.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sivek posted:

CQ2 basically is the same the whole way through, its basically impossible to lose any fight, including boss fights, and I pretty much never used the creep treat cards unless I had a particularly bad defence round. Honestly I think the combat is even weaker than the first because in the first game the boss battles at least required a specific strategy you needed to figure out. In CQ2 as long as you have a healer and a healing treat card you won't ever had problems. It is still very much Baby's First RPG. The fun writing is really the only reason to stay, which worked for me but I can easily see anyone getting really bored of the combat.

You can skip every attack animation though, including the intro. It's either Return or Spacebar I believe.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

You can skip every attack animation though, including the intro. It's either Return or Spacebar I believe.

Holy poo poo, how did I not notice this? I thought mashed every button. This will make playing through the rest of the game a lot smoother.

Kind of sucks to hear that CQ2 didn't improve on such a weak area, but I'm down with playing games for fun characters/writing so I'll probably pick it up at some point.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Orv posted:

It does suffer acutely from DF syndrome, yes. Maybe even more than the first near the end.

Hack 'n' Slash is a full game but not exactly what the premise was originally. While messing with all the crazy variables is pretty fun, once you've slid all the sliders up and then down in a few combinations, it's a few fair steps away from a game beyond that.

Yeah Hack 'n' Slash is pretty fun, and you feel pretty godly when you figure out how to completely break things for the first time.

But it's a short game that shows itself to be a proof of concept as much as it is an actual game, and I'd definitely wait for a sale if you're curious.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

It's like DoubleFine brought in all these talented artists and writers and programmers, and nobody thought to hire any game designers. I love Costume Quest and Stacking, but sometimes I can't help but feel like I'd rather be watching them instead of playing them.

In some alternate universe, Pixar never formed and DoubleFine is an animation studio beloved around the world. Tim Schafer does all the talking at the start of Studio Ghibli DVDs in the US.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Nuveem is legit right? Brazilian CD Key website. I'm thinking of picking up Shadows of Mordor there for 30$ (https://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2060-middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Xtanstic posted:

Nuveem is legit right? Brazilian CD Key website. I'm thinking of picking up Shadows of Mordor there for 30$ (https://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2060-middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor)

Nuuvem is legit, yeah.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Charles Martel posted:

Cross-posting from the GOG thread:

Hooooly poo poo. I might just have to jump on this come payday:

https://3drealms.com/catalog/3d-realms-anthology_50/

Every Apogee/3D Realms game sans Max Payne and Prey for $20. DRM-Free digital download. Even has a bonus soundtrack.

I think this is the closest I will ever get to a Steam Anthology I have literally been waiting YEARS for.

Edit: That price is only good for 48 hours, but there's still 30+ hours left. I only know this because I just bought it. Hop on it ASAP since it will go up to $40.

Edit #2: Registration and payment was painless. Looks like you can download the games individually or the whole anthology at once (I did the latter because I am soooo saving multiple copies of this). The anthology is a ~500MB download of a single .exe and the soundtrack is a ~800MB .zip file. The anthology unpacked is 907MB. Looks like they are all pre-configured with the latest version of DOSBox, which is 0.74 (no surprise there).

The reason the soundtrack size is so big is that it comes in three formats: MP3, FLAC, and 24-bit WAV files. Cool!

It just installed and ran fine under Windows 8.1. The launcher has all of the games in mini GOG-like game boxes with a vertical slider on the right-hand side to scroll down to the rest of the games. Going to test them out later.

Oh God. After testing out Bio-Menace, Major Stryker, Wolf 3D, and Wacky Wheels, my nostalgia hard-on could cut diamonds. The music, the graphics, everything... :gizz:

All the games I've tried so far require zero configuration. They launch in full screen and sound and play beautifully. I think even Wolf3D is the fully un-altered version that Apogee used to re-sell back in the day too (the version in the id Anthology on Steam censored out some screens in the "Read This! section and took out the Aardwolf icon in the infamous maze in Episode 2 or 3). Some games have the option to view the game's manual right from the launcher and some don't. The sub-folder for the anthology under Program Files has the game neatly organized in their own folders.

This is a dream come true. Probably the best $20 I've spent in years.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Oct 24, 2014

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
I woke up this morning and Little Racers STREET was just chilling in my inventory for some reason

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Xtanstic posted:

You don't have to worry about this with Shadows of Mordor but in the future you do want to make sure a game isn't region locked even if the site selling it isn't shady. It isn't very common at all yet but with Steam adding in so many more local currencies I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot more region locking soon.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Xtanstic posted:

Nuuvem is completely legit.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Freak Futanari posted:

I played it a lot before, but i hear it's kinda dead nowadays. It hasn't had an update in months, so it seems abandoned by the devs, too.

Hawken bums me out so much. The aesthetics are fantastic and people were so pumped for the game but the free-to-play economy is absolutely brutal and grindy and I wish so much that it was just a normal loving game with a good online component. They added a horde type mode but it's goddamn terrible.

The combat is actually pretty fun but I just can't get past how awful the progression system is. I don't have hours upon hours to figure out some goddamn economy, just let me play the goddamn game.

Zombie Samurai posted:

It's like DoubleFine brought in all these talented artists and writers and programmers, and nobody thought to hire any game designers. I love Costume Quest and Stacking, but sometimes I can't help but feel like I'd rather be watching them instead of playing them.

Aww what's wrong with Stacking? I like that game. :saddowns:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

You don't have to worry about this with Shadows of Mordor but in the future you do want to make sure a game isn't region locked even if the site selling it isn't shady. It isn't very common at all yet but with Steam adding in so many more local currencies I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot more region locking soon.

How can you tell if a game is region locked or not? Is it on the steam store page somewhere?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Slave Zero finally made its way to Steam for anyone wanting a classic giant stompy robot game. I can still remember the sublime pleasure of crushing little tiny cars on the freeways in the demo.

It's not Shogo, but then again, what is?

Yodzilla posted:

Aww what's wrong with Stacking? I like that game. :saddowns:

The gameplay is just so thin. It's a pleasure every time you get to a crazy new place and meet the new dolls and start solving situations, but it's all over so fast. I felt like every trick and solution was either brain-dead easy or completely obscure. I'd get all the easy ones in like a minute and get bored trying to figure out the hard ones.

I do love it, but it just never grabbed me enough to finish.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Ziggurat is a fast paced roguelike FPS that seems to be getting very good and close to release, tho I haven't played it for a few patches
http://store.steampowered.com/app/308420/

It just rolled over from Early Access to full release (with planned further support for future updates)

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

This pack is made for me, I also got really confused by the screenshot of Halloween Harry without seeing it on the list then learnt that it was renamed to Alien Carnage after the original shareware version I'd played.

Definitely going to pick this up if it doesn't block out Australians.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Kly posted:

I really like the idea of a roguelike FPS game. I tried Paranautical Activity and it was awful. What's my best bet for something not terrible?

I've been looking at these ones mostly
Delver http://store.steampowered.com/app/249630/
Tower of Guns http://store.steampowered.com/app/266110
Eldritch http://store.steampowered.com/app/252630/

any decent ones I've missed?
Just played a couple hours of Tower of Guns.

It's... Pretty boring. Just the combination of giant arenas and enemies and missile speed makes everything feel rather slow and dull, despite it being quicker than your average modern FPSer. Also I think you're stuck to one gun each life?

I like the idea of a roguelike FPS game as well, but it seems like no one can really nail it down. Rogue Shooter actually gets the roguelike elements down, but it's graphics and combat plays like a shareware FPS you'd find in one of those "9000 Games" CDs in the 90s.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

VodeAndreas posted:

It doesn't, but the remix album is a HUGE download (800mb) because it includes FLAC, MP3 and WAV files in the one archive. So plan accordingly.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
On Tower of Guns: You can find new and unique guns in a playthrough, it's just..really rare. One thing I like to do, there's a option to turn on rolling a dice whenever you enter a room and getting buffs/debuffs based on the result which is cool. It's really random with stuff like messing with damage, armor, fall damage, turning up/down the amount of loot, turning every drop in a room into the same type of loot(1 million double jumps yessss). The upgrades and stuff you find in game really are kind of bland though, but between the fairly unique guns, the starting options, the large variety in room options and such I think it's not a bad buy at all. Some parts of the game are actually surprisingly difficult too, although it depends on how lucky you've been..except the final final boss which is pretty much always a really tough battle.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

VodeAndreas posted:

This pack is made for me, I also got really confused by the screenshot of Halloween Harry without seeing it on the list then learnt that it was renamed to Alien Carnage after the original shareware version I'd played.

Yeah I was surprised when I randomly tried Alien Carnage and it was halloween harry. Only had the shareware version as a kid but it was a great surprise to find in this pack.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The art of the shader has clearly been lost along the way because I just played the first hour of Riddick and that game looks loving amazing for 2004. I mean I know it's a 2009 HD treatment but all the actual hard labor is from 10 years ago.

Too bad it's no longer sold on Steam!!! So I can only recommend people get it from GOG instead when it's on sale.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
If you have Dustforce, hitbox team (the devs) just updated the game with a pretty substantial (free!) patch, renaming the game to Dustforce DX
http://hitboxteam.com/dustforce-dx-update-released
http://store.steampowered.com/app/65300

This is the second major content patch the devs have made, and they've been extremely active in supporting the game and engaging with the community since release.

The overworld is completely redesigned, an entire new tier of 16 levels is added, a new set of tutorial levels.
Also, steam trading cards now if that's your thing.

It already had support for user created maps (with full leaderboard support!) but there's also a pre-selected community map pack with more than 100 community levels included. I believe these were available in the console/vita version of the game since those versions didn't have the full support for downloading user created levels. In any case, its baked into the steam version now.

The 16 new main levels form an extra tier of early/moderate levels, which should address one of the major issues people had before which was the major difficulty spike once you've cleared your first set of levels. Hopefully, the curve should be smoother now although I haven't gone through all the new levels yet.

The overworld is now more similar to the original release version as its one large connected world instead of 4 separate hubs, although there's a set of level selects for all the areas right by the start. A note on the new overworld, some of the gold key doors are a bit more challenging to get to now, and often give you a taste of what you might expect from the level itself.
There's a ton of new exploration to be had. I thought (hoped) I was done with the game, but I'm looking forward to exploring the world again.

If you've played through part of the game before, you might notice that you have a negative key count. This is just because you've already unlocked levels in your save that would now be unlocked with keys from the new tier of levels they added. Grabbing keys from the new levels should sort it out.

If you don't yet have the game, definitely check it out if you enjoy platformers and are okay with a bit of a challenge. Its an extremely smooth momentum based platformer with light combat mechanics, has a really nice clean visual style, and has one of the most enjoyable and relaxing soundtracks in any game.
Without a lot of dedication, you may not be able to get SS ranks or even unlock all the levels in the game but even so there's a huge amount of content to play through in one of the best 2d platformers around.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

It just rolled over from Early Access to full release (with planned further support for future updates)

Wow, that looks awesome. I'm getting major Serious Sam and (original) Heretic vibes from the trailer. And that is a very good thing.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
So Saint's Row IV is on mega-cheap steam sale and I'm looking to pick it up.

What, if any of the DLCs are worth it? I'm not really interested in costumes or powerups, but are any of the other DLCs worth their while?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The season pass is what you want, then. It has the only actual "content" DLC. It's basically more of the same: Silly poo poo happens and you shoot things and use superpowers.

Though I seem to be in the minority...I thought the story DLCs weren't all that great, aside from maybe a few jokes. Though I also didn't think Saints Row IV was all that great to begin with. :ssh:

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

AbstractNapper posted:

Wow, that looks awesome. I'm getting major Serious Sam and (original) Heretic vibes from the trailer. And that is a very good thing.

I haven't played Heretic, but the RPS article about it mentioned Serious Sam in the title, ya

I'm going to check out the final release version later I'll post some pics 'n' impressions

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

:spooky: The 31 Days Many Games of October :spooky:

Challenge Games
1. Alien: Isolation
2. Year Walk
3. Deadlight
4. Adventures of Shuggy
5. Atom Zombie Smasher
6. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
7. Infected: The Twin Vaccine - Collector's Edition
8. How to Survive
9. 1953 - KGB Unleashed
10. Burn Zombie Burn!
11. Home
12. Huntsman: The Orphanage (Halloween Edition)
13. Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi
14. Scarygirl
15. I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
16. Closure
17. Alien Breed 2: Assault
18. F.E.A.R. Online
19. Ghostship Aftermath
20. Hell Yeah!

Bonus Games
A. Painkiller: Black Edition
B. The Void
C. Shadowgrounds
D. Haunted Memories
E. Serena
F. The Forgotten Ones

-----------------

21. Eldritch

The last few years have seen a huge influx of Roguelikes, games that feature permadeath and heavily randomized elements. Roguelike FPSes are few and far between, so finding a good one is a rare treat. Eldritch is just that, inspired by the works of Lovecraft and pitting you against dungeons of lurking horrors. It started out solid and has only grown moreso over time, thanks to the continuing efforts of its single developer.

Eldritch plops you into a mysterious library full of books that spirit you away to unearthly dungeons. The main game is three books linking to dungeons holding the souls of elder gods. Once you find the soul in one dungeon, the book to the next opens up. Each dungeon is three areas with three floors each, split into randomized chunks and scattered with items and enemies. You'll find artifacts that work as both currency and spellcasting reagents, weapons like knives and guns and dynamite, equippable gear that gives you very useful abilities, and altars that teach you new spells. These tools will help you navigate the floors and deal with the host of unsavory types trying to stop you from claiming the souls.

Despite the cosmic horror backdrop, Eldritch works best as an action game. The movement of your character is reminiscent of older games like Quake, letting you slide around at inhuman speeds. The enemies are a mixed bag, with some like the frogmen and cultists being little more than cannon fodder. You will encounter others like relentless, all-consuming shoggoths and tall creatures that cannot be killed that will complicate your travels and send shivers up your spine. Each book has a clever cross-section of foes that form a confounding package and demand stealth and caution. Some can be frustrating before you learn how to deal with them, but the challenge is well-balanced.

The enemies are the real source of fear and tension in the game, despite their cartoony appearance. A lot of games have tried to ape the look and feel of Minecraft, but Eldritch pulls it off well, imparting the same dread that skeletons and creepers do in tight spaces. The block grid nature of the levels can help you space your jumps and keep your bearings, and there are even tools for breaking through walls and creating new blocks. The sound design is minimal, and while a few of the ambient enemy noises don't work you will learn to dread those of the more troublesome foes.

In addition to the three main dungeons, there's an extended ice-themed dungeon based on At the Mountains of Madness, and a timed score-attack mode set in a hellish asylum. The developer added both of these post-launch, and continues to re-tune the game to great effect. I played Eldritch back when it launched and it is an even better game now, with more threatening enemies and better balance. As a Roguelike, an FPS, and even a horror game, I can earnestly recommend this one.

22. The Path

I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to indie games, and I have a real fondness for less conventional games like Dear Esther and Gone Home. But The Path seriously pushed me to my limits of tolerance on this front. It's a game that is very obviously trying too hard, and lets its own mechanics get in the way of whatever point it's trying to make. Be warned, if you're going to give this one a chance at all, go play it yourself and come back because I'm going to spoil the hell out of it. I'm sure it's even less effective if you know what to expect.

You pick one of six girls fresh from Hot Topic to visit their grandmother in the woods. The game tells you up front to stay on the path, and here it commits possibly its greatest sin. My first time through I made the slow walk straight down the path to a surprisingly sinister house. Inside the pitch-black cottage the girl made her way to her corpse-like grandmother and laid down next to her. The game then informed me that I had found no items, unlocked no rooms, not encountered the wolf, and that I had failed.

So, to reiterate, the game told me to do a thing, I did the thing, and then it told me I failed.

YOU CAN'T DO THAT YOU FUCKS. If subversion of authority is a theme of your game then you need to introduce it in some way within the body of the game! I'm not going to read your goddamned treatise on your store page to figure out how to play your game. Fine, whatever, I picked another girl and walked straight off the path. The lighting and sound get creepy until you run across some random point of interest in the woods, like a theater stage or sofa or TV or pond. There are items to collect like knives and two-headed teddy bears. I met a little ballerina girl who spouted some nonsense about chaos and led me back to the path. After a whole bunch of exploring I went back to grandma's house. I got treated to a slightly different path through the rooms and then another screen that said I failed.

At this point I gave up trying to figure out what the game wants. Wandering the woods is interesting for a bit, but hamstrung by the glacial speed at which you move and the horrible sketchy-artsy filters the game vomits all over your view. There's really no common theme or identifiable symbolism to the junk you find, either. It's just weird for the sake of being weird. Or maybe it isn't... the store page says the optimal experience is to play for 6 hours. There are something like 13 items to collect and another 144 flowers you can pick, but I doubt very much I'm going to divine The Path's true meaning if I keep at it.

Appropriating the creepy side of Red Riding Hood isn't a bad idea for a game, but this one gets so caught up in trying to be clever and poignant that it all falls completely flat. Maybe there's something to find in here, but it's too drat boring and obtuse to get at it.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Breetai posted:

So Saint's Row IV is on mega-cheap steam sale and I'm looking to pick it up.

What, if any of the DLCs are worth it? I'm not really interested in costumes or powerups, but are any of the other DLCs worth their while?

You spend five hours with that level of customization in that base game and you'll regret not getting the "with everything" edition. Not because it's in any way limited - it's actually got everything from Saints Row the Third and its expansions and DLC and then some - but you'll want to try out more, and getting it all now will save you the time and the money.

Also it's probably cheaper than getting just the Season Pass (including two scenarios - a cut content thing that is, and I quote the scenario itself, "too weird for Saints Row" and a Christmas thing that is surprisingly :3:feel-good:3: for Saints Row) later on.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Note that The Path is made by Tale of Tales, a Belgian company that specifically makes art games, in the sense that the 'art' comes before the game. It goes as well as you might expect.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

If you can figure out a way to play Nosgoth, I highly recommend that as well. Play as a vampire for a couple of minutes and you will instantly see why that game is a cool as heck.
Yeah out of all the post-L4D2 Unreal Engine-based Man vs Monster asymmetric multiplayer versus shooters, this one definitely has the most effort put into it. Of course it's from the ghost of EIDOS in Square Enix rather than some indie team. And it will probably have the longest lasting population since it is F2P.

The downside is that some of that F2P design will become super annoying once you start getting killed by improved weapons and abilities that you had no idea about since you don't have them when you play. Still, the buy in to get into the "beta" is only $5, and for that you'll easily get a dozen good matches or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nczh17Y8SVI&t=555s

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Ekster posted:

Note that The Path is made by Tale of Tales, a Belgian company that specifically makes art games, in the sense that the 'art' comes before the game. It goes as well as you might expect.

Ah yes the developers of Bientôt l'été, I'll allow my recommendation of it to show my opinions.

quote:

Jesus Christ, I don't even know what is going on in this game. You walk on a beach and words pop up then you go and play some weird chess person with someone online exceps nobody in their right mind would play this online. So you put up with a passive aggressive AI who complains about you constantly drinking wine.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Thanks to pricing fuckery the season pass is actually more expensive than the two mission DLCs purchased individually (plus I don't get the rectifier included because Australia) so from what I'm hearing HTSSC and Enter the Dominatrix are the ones to go for.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is Dead Island worth it if I'm largely a solo player?

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

poptart_fairy posted:

Nope.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Maybe for an hour or two if you mod it with the Fist of the North Star mod or the Director's Cut mod, but otherwise no. I wouldn't even recommend it for co-op either, there are far better games that do the same kind of thing out there.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

I'm going to check out the final release version later I'll post some pics 'n' impressions

Ziggurat just left Early Access with it's full release. It's a fast paced FPS rogue like

12 unlockable player characters (yes, I'm playing on Easy, it's hard to circle strafe and hit f12) I think there are 7 levels total, each proc gen with a boss spawn item somewhere and a boss battle arena somewhere

You start with the default wand and it's a crappy pea shooter of last resort, you also get one new weapon drop at the start of each level. You can carry one blue spell book, one green wand and one orange alchemy tool, but only one of each so if you get a second of something you need to pick

For example the staff I'm holding is very high rate of fire and damage while the other one fires a spreading line of 5 shots across

The fire bomb is just what you'd expect

They also added in alt-fire modes since I last played, apparently, because they can also freeze guys now

Also Featuring:
Hidden Rooms

Flying lightning spitting death lizards and kamikaze carrots

Jumping Puzzles

Trap rooms

Treasure rooms

Blood sacrifice

I really like it. they've clearly done a ton since I last played and the game has gained tons, for $12 it's very easy to recommend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Cheers for the Dead Island comments. I'll pop the money on Shadow Man or something in that case. :v:

• Locked thread