Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
I've been playing Batman: Arkham Origins and it has reminded me of my favourite thing in Batman: Arkham City; Catwoman. Catwoman has the same moves, maybe a bit fewer and a bit weaker, than Batman, but they are still powerful, and they are much sexier than Batman's moves, overall. Batman has 2 maybe 3 sexy moves whereas nearly all of Catwoman's moes are sexy, her slide and choke grab moves are extremely sexy, even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

When Batman does the sliding attack he does the kind of slide you see baseball players do when they slide for a base, it looks OK and it is powerful, but Catwoman's sliding attack is just as powerful and several times more sexy. What she does is; 1) she gets on her knees, 2) she leans really far backwards so she is almost lying down 3) she spreads her legs, all of which is sexy individually, but when put together and accompined with her battle moans is probably the single most sexy move in the Arkham Series.

Right?

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'
Arkham City was great for extra characters who weren't just sexy reskins of Batman.

I've been playing Arkham Asylum recently and I'm liking how different it is to City, to the extent that they feel like two different genres at times, but my favourite little thing in Asylum are the Asylum Interview tapes. It's a brilliant way of building up character backstory for people who may not be that familiar with the Batman series, and it is a great alternative to reeling off tonnes of exposition in cutscenes. I did feel that they should fire they guy whose job it is to archive these tapes, since they're just lying around in the open like noone gives a poo poo

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
It is hard to make Batman sexy from the 3rd person perspective that the games use because of his cape.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well I mean, once you beat Arkham City you unlock a whole slew of Batmans Throughout The Ages to use instead of the default one, and some of them don't have capes I think! If you want your batbutt, you've gotta work for it.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
You can even play through the first time with an alternate costume. There's a button code for it, and you have to do it every time before you load your save, but it works.

Playing through AC with chiseled slab-body TAS Batman was fun, but also weird.

John Murdoch has a new favorite as of 15:05 on Oct 26, 2014

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Cleretic posted:

Mega Man X was something I'd never played until today, and its wall-jumping is so well done that it has retroactively made every other game I've played with wall jumping worse in comparison.

My favorite little (little?) thing in Mega Man X was when the stages would change depending on which of the bosses you'd beaten. I remember Spark Mandrill no longer being able to use his electricity charge attack if you beat a certain boss, and I think Flame Mammoth's lost a lot of fire if you beat another boss. It was a really cool thing that was never explicitly stated. I don't know if the other X games did that, though.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

To be enticed by Batman's sexy rear end all you need to do is put on the Batman Beyond outfit. Best little thing in the game, I'd say. :smug: :swoon:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I stand by my opinion that the most impressive part about Batman in Origins is his cod piece. Someone, somewhere, decided that paying an employee to model and texture the man's crotch in full 3D high definition was a worthy use of money. They were right. :colbert:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

As a society, we've come a long way from fully textured horse anuses.

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

And we can never get too far away from it.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Inzombiac posted:

I refuse to accept this statement until the release of The Phantom Pain. :colbert:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

PYF little things in games: male genitals are loving arousing

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

I stand by my opinion that the most impressive part about Batman in Origins is his cod piece. Someone, somewhere, decided that paying an employee to model and texture the man's crotch in full 3D high definition was a worthy use of money. They were right. :colbert:

Until we can make out the entire detail of the Batcock through his costume I say we haven't gone far enough!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Why do you think Arkham Knight is next gen only?!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That would truly be a Little ThingTM.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

kazil posted:

Mega Man X is as good a video game as this video is bad.

Hey now, I love Megaman X as much as any man can love a non-sentient object, but let's not go overboard here.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

I only pray that any Saints Row installations on next gen consoles finally have the cock physics we were promised.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

codenameFANGIO posted:

If you can afford a custom pc with multiple high-end graphics cards the crotch definition will be unbelievable.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Tweet Me Balls posted:

I only pray that any Saints Row installations on next gen consoles finally have the cock physics we were promised.

Lucifer had dangle physics in Dante's Inferno back in 2010, I don't see what the holdup is.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Byzantine posted:

Lucifer had dangle physics in Dante's Inferno back in 2010, I don't see what the holdup is.

Too much time and money invested in boob physics instead. Classic misandry.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Byzantine posted:

That took some serious balls to put that in the game.

Also Cleopatra pulls out babies from her giant boobs and one monster attacks with explosive making GBS threads.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Playing some of the old games from the 3D Realms Anthology, and they added sunglasses to Duke's sprite in Duke Nukem II. He didn't have them in the original game.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

scarycave posted:

That took some serious balls to put that in the game.

Also Cleopatra pulls out babies from her giant boobs and one monster attacks with explosive making GBS threads.

I'm gonna list that as a favorite thing for the thread: the treatment of Circle of Lust in Dante's Inferno.

Given some of the promotional stuff they did (and videogames in general), I was rather worried it would be all "sexy demoness fetish funtimes", but no. It was disgusting and vile and corrupt and, rather appropriately, made me say "goddamn :stare:" when I played it.

It's really a shame that the game's only remembered, if at all, for being one of the God of War knockoffs, because I thought it did an excellent job in bringing Hell to life.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Byzantine posted:

I'm gonna list that as a favorite thing for the thread: the treatment of Circle of Lust in Dante's Inferno.

Given some of the promotional stuff they did (and videogames in general), I was rather worried it would be all "sexy demoness fetish funtimes", but no. It was disgusting and vile and corrupt and, rather appropriately, made me say "goddamn :stare:" when I played it.

It's really a shame that the game's only remembered, if at all, for being one of the God of War knockoffs, because I thought it did an excellent job in bringing Hell to life.

It did have some really neat (if kind of hosed up) areas save for the Greed bit because I hate that place.
The tower of Lust though was really one of the most hosed up and memorable bits in the entire game.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
It was also had absurdly hammy voice acting, to the point where it felt like a self-parody.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

scarycave posted:

It did have some really neat (if kind of hosed up) areas save for the Greed bit because I hate that place.
The tower of Lust though was really one of the most hosed up and memorable bits in the entire game.

Greed was terrible but it matched the theme. Every time you went for some extra loot they punished you severely for it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also didn't help that for the last couple of circles they ran out of ideas and the game ends with a challenge arena section.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Also didn't help that for the last couple of circles they ran out of ideas and the game ends with a challenge arena section.

I think it was more that they ran out of time or money. There's concept art for the Malebolge showing some enemy and level designs that didn't get in.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Small Frozen Thing posted:

It was also had absurdly hammy voice acting, to the point where it felt like a self-parody.

I loved Dante's battle cries. Every swing of his scythe sounded like his soul depended on it, from the lowliest minion to Lucifer himself, and combined with the echo effect they'd always give me chills, no matter how many times I heard them.

I watched the LawrenceFriday LP of Dante's Inferno which was plenty for me...I'm bad at God of War style beat-em-ups but I was really interested in checking out the world-building aspect as I've always been interested in The Divine Comedy, especially Inferno. And in that regard, the game did not disappoint.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Here's a great little foreshadowing thing in Dead Space 3 that I really liked. The game starts off in Isaac's lovely, run-down apartment building. After you leave, if you turn around before proceeding to the next area, you get a good look at the name of the place.

For those that have finished the game you know what this means, but for those that haven't, the final twist of the game's plot is that the true purpose of Markers and the necromorph infection is to cause a "Convergence event", in which all of the necromorph tissue rises up into the sky to create a necromorph moon that then devours the planet and all life on it. The game ends with Isaac and his co-op buddy fighting the completed necromorph moon in a last-ditch effort to stop it from signaling the other pre-existing moons that there is life to be gobbled up, in a final chapter called 'Blood Moon'.

The first chapter is jam-packed with similar foreshadowing.

(of course, this one is mostly because the first chapter takes place on earth's moon)

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 16:06 on Oct 27, 2014

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

GrandpaPants posted:

My favorite little (little?) thing in Mega Man X was when the stages would change depending on which of the bosses you'd beaten. I remember Spark Mandrill no longer being able to use his electricity charge attack if you beat a certain boss, and I think Flame Mammoth's lost a lot of fire if you beat another boss. It was a really cool thing that was never explicitly stated. I don't know if the other X games did that, though.

Off the top of my head, in Mega Man X, you had the following:

- Beating Chill Penguin (I always fought him first) freezes Flame Mammoth's base over, making it so much easier without flames everywhere. For the longest time I never even saw flames in his level.
- Beating Storm Eagle will cause his airship to crash into Spark Mandrill's level, removing light from various areas and stopping a lot of electrical environment attacks, including the mini boss's.
- Something floods Sting Chameleon's level, possibly beating Launch Octopus? This makes certain areas easier to get through, including a heart container thing.

drat that was a good game. I must've played through it half a dozen times, if not more, always getting that hadoken before taking Sigma out with it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Small Frozen Thing posted:

What were you expecting from a game set in and around the seven circles of Hell, if people aren't yelling at the tops of their voices or wailing madly, then you are doing it all wrong.

Oh and in the Dante's Inferno anime (Yes it exists) Lucier is voiced by Steve Blum, so he has an even more hammy voice.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Fallout: New Vegas: At the Mojave outpost, there's a series of wood planks up to the roof of the barracks building where you can meet a quest giving NPC named Ranger Ghost. When you first talk to her she'll typically remark "Hmm, heard your footsteps on the planks coming up." That had been what I heard in my first however-many playthroughs of the game. But this time, my character had a higher than usual stealth stat, and she instead remarked with some admiration that I could move quietly and that she didn't hear me on my way to the roof of the building. Even after playing well over 1000 hours of New Vegas, I had no idea that alternate dialog existed.

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe

StandardVC10 posted:

Fallout: New Vegas: At the Mojave outpost, there's a series of wood planks up to the roof of the barracks building where you can meet a quest giving NPC named Ranger Ghost. When you first talk to her she'll typically remark "Hmm, heard your footsteps on the planks coming up." That had been what I heard in my first however-many playthroughs of the game. But this time, my character had a higher than usual stealth stat, and she instead remarked with some admiration that I could move quietly and that she didn't hear me on my way to the roof of the building. Even after playing well over 1000 hours of New Vegas, I had no idea that alternate dialog existed.

If you haven't already, its worth it to play the game with the lowest possible intelligence skill. A ton of characters throughout the game will have different lines of dialog where they treat you as if you were some brain-dead mouth-breather. Right off the bat, Doc Mitchell even laments that there are some things his handiwork just can't fix.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Another New Vegas thing I like: If you approach Sloan from the south (where you start the game) Chomps Lewis will warn you about the deathclaws in the quarry and that you can't go north. You can say "I think I can handle a couple of deathclaws:smug:" and he responds differently depending on if you're low level or high level. If you skip Sloan until later and approach from the north, probably killing a few deathclaws along the way, he'll basically say "what the gently caress?"

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Jellymouth posted:

If you haven't already, its worth it to play the game with the lowest possible intelligence skill. A ton of characters throughout the game will have different lines of dialog where they treat you as if you were some brain-dead mouth-breather. Right off the bat, Doc Mitchell even laments that there are some things his handiwork just can't fix.

It's worth it for the dialogue option when a Securitron asks you for a password alone.

ICE CREAM

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I've been playing Fantasy Life for the past few days, and drat if it's a silly little game full of things I love. I like how there was attention paid to even the crafting mechanics, which in most games (Atelier excluded) amount to pressing "Confirm" on a menu (same with the harvesting mechanics). I like that there are a dozen classes, each with a bunch of skills, and the majority of them are non-combat-related. I like the dialogue, which is cheesy but obviously had a lot of love put into them.

Also, running around with a pet dog/cat in your party to gently caress poo poo up is so good :3:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Edmond Dantes posted:

It's worth it for the dialogue option when a Securitron asks you for a password alone.

ICE CREAM

That dialogue option also has a Luck 7 trigger. And if you're not crit stacking, I don't know what to say to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jellymouth posted:

It's pretty good but nowhere near the majesty is 1-INT in Fallout 2. President Tandy will flat-out refuse to hand you any work out of fear that you will get confused and eat the walls. The only real way to progress in the game is to stumble around and do whatever you can. It would be great as your first play-through because you wouldn't know that you have to go fix the nuclear reactor or kill all the ghouls among many other things.

Somewhere there is an LP in first-person of a 2-INT dullard that is addicted to Psycho. It's loving great.