Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hell in a Cell match?
This poll is closed.
HHH vs. Nash 19 9.79%
HHH vs. HBK for 50 minutes 43 22.16%
Taker vs. Bossman 53 27.32%
CM Punk vs. Undertaker 35 18.04%
Undertaker vs. Kane 11 5.67%
DX vs. Big Show, Vince McMahon & Shane McMahon 33 17.01%
Total: 194 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

i can't wait for the ascension to debut and squash ambrose

Wont be tonight anyway Konnor is out injured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

rovert posted:

Wont be tonight anyway Konnor is out injured.

i cant wait for rat boy connor o'brian to squash ambrose

Legit this makes me wonder since Bray has sent Rowan and Harper away are they going to set up Bray as a single monster heel?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Finish was garbage and utterly ruined what could've been a 4.5 - 5 star match. There I said it, it's on the internet for everyone to see. Does that make you angry? Does it? I bet it does. :smugdog:

Still on the fence as to whether or not I want to watch Raw. On the one hand the blowoff to Ambrose/Rollins was repugnant, but on the other, Dean/Bray :neckbeard:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

"Justice, that's your bag. I dig that."

"Well, that was a year or so ago. Now I just kind of stalk people endlessly and hit them until they die."

"poo poo."

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
It seems like the worse the PPV, the better the following Raw. The inverse is also sometimes true, of course.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Chokes McGee posted:

Finish was garbage and utterly ruined what could've been a 4.5 - 5 star match. There I said it, it's on the internet for everyone to see.
I agree completely, that finish is appalling. Match could've been a real classic. They had Foley's blessing. They had so much build. They started on top of the Cell. I've never been more annoyed by a screwy finish.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

triplexpac posted:

I feel like "great" is an overstatement. What match on that card was great?

WWE has had a lot of great matches in the past year or so, but I don't think any of them were on last night's PPV.

Not saying it was bad by any means, it just was pretty middle-of-the-road in my eyes.

By great, I mean something that's 6-7 out of 10. Enjoyable, but not memorable. If you have the Network and you didn't watch it live, go ahead and watch it. You will probably have fun.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't mind an Ambrose/Wyatt feud. I think it'll be awesome!

Last night wasn't the way to do it. I was at the show live, and the main event was all over the place. Starting on the top of the cage? Exciting! Farting around for five-ten minutes on top of the cage? Not so much! Simultaneous table drop off the side of the cage? Awesome! Ten minute medic spot? Not so much. Ambrose hulkin' out and proceeding to throw Rollins' corpse around the cage? FINALLY, YES. Wyatt appearing for no reason and giving Rollins the win just...cause? Stupid. So stupid. There are better ways to start the feud, there are better ways to have him save Rollins, but all of these methods mean the same thing: you're ruining another Hell in the Cell match. Ambrose was using chairs, the cage, kendo stick, the cage, tables, the cage...it looked like a HitC match SHOULD look. But as great as the big spots were, the build up and rest spots after them were terrible, and to cap it off with a gently caress finish was like getting spit in the face. Overall I thought Hell in the Cell was a fun show. There were some really good matches in there, with the exception being the pointless Big Show/Rusev match. That said, I'm getting tired of HitC matches either not living up to the hype (not asking for blood, just...more hardcore stuff) or being overbooked/ruined by a brainless ending.

But hey, we're still getting Ambrose/Wyatt. And that should be fun!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

What's the watch/don't watch consensus for HIAC?

overall HIAC was a good show and you should watch it

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

But hey, we're still getting Ambrose/Wyatt. And that should be fun!

It will be until the final match of the feud where Dean is attacked by Randy Orton to set up his next feud.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If nothing else, the hologram is worth watching the PPV for and the rest of that match is great.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I'd say HIAC was a solid B plus.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

What we need is The Beast on Raw tonight. Or something on par with The Rock's surprise appearance the other week. Gimme something WWE.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Heavy Metal posted:

What we need is The Beast on Raw tonight. Or something on par with The Rock's surprise appearance the other week. Gimme something WWE.

Yeah right. Brock isnt coming and nobody else is either. You will see Raw end with either Rapadoooooo or DEP and be happy damnnit!

Wait and see is the number one thing I see in every thread after these lovely PPVs and every loving time it gets worse. We're seriously WCW 2000 era right now.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Cyron posted:

I haven't seen new japan at all but i hope with it being on US tv it will make people buy new japan over wwe. it a fool's hope but better then no hope with tna.

Well, now's a great time to start if you're interested since we're in the buildup to their biggest show.

Here's a link to King of Pro Wrestling, which was their PPV this month. It was an excellent card headlined by a IWGP title match between AJ Styles (foreign heel champ who you may know from ROH or TNA) and Hiroshi Tanahshi (closest thing they have to John Cena only not nearly as annoyingly booked) The semi main is a #1 contender's match between Rainmaker Kazuchika Okada and Tetsuya Naito.

I'm also showing Saturday's show featuring tag teams like the Bucks and reDRagon you may know from US indies in http://www.psp-tv.com/r/konesaar at 8 if you don't want to watch Raw or want something cool to watch during the lame segments.

Please feel free to ask any questions about the product in the New Japan thread, we're happy to help new fans.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
IMO you shouldn't watch HIAC because it probably will not have the true capstone that made the live PPV perfect, which was immediately after the blackout following Dean being killed by Bray, R-Truth asked us what was up.

So I recommend finding a video of it that includes said interstitial ad of R-Truth at the end, or running the .gif of R-Truth several hundred times afterwards at least.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Endless Mike posted:

Where are the $38 seats located?

I'm guessing they'll either be second level opposite corner or first level obstructed view. Possibly even first level opposite wall. Not sure, didn't get a good look at the maps.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RBX posted:

Yeah right. Brock isnt coming and nobody else is either. You will see Raw end with either Rapadoooooo or DEP and be happy damnnit!

Wait and see is the number one thing I see in every thread after these lovely PPVs and every loving time it gets worse. We're seriously WCW 2000 era right now.

lmao

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
hey guys is it safe to come out yet is the ghost gone?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the ghosts name is vampiro and he's here to politic his way to the top

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
There's no way it was a coincidence that every match last night included someone kicking out/getting out of a finishing move.

Ziggler kicked out of the Bolo Uppercut.

Brie kicked out of the Rack Attack. Nikki got out of the Yes Lock.

Jey hit the splash on Goldust and Stardust broke up the pin

Cena kicked out of two RKO's. Orton kicked out of two AA's.

Sheamus kicked out of the Skull Crushing Finale.

Rusev kicked out of the Choke Slam.

Paige got out of the Black Widow.

Ambrose kicked out of the Curb Stomp.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

This thing that annoyed me the most about the Wyatt thing was that he didn't even hit Ambrose with his finisher to kill him enough for Seth to slowly wake up, crawl over and randomly pin him. The uranage throw thing is barely a signature.

I may be the only person bothered by this, idk.

Overall the show was pretty good but refusing to give us the real blowoff to Rollins-Ambrose after building it since early June is really frustrating.

Also who does AJ even feud with now? Paige lost 2 in a row and is fighting with Alicia, Nikki and Brie is going on forever and ever before wrapping up and no other divas are remotely credible.

E: maybe wheel out natty again? They'd have good matches at least.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 27, 2014

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

What's the watch/don't watch consensus for HIAC?

it was a show with a lot of solid wrestling and a lame finish that kinda puts a damper on the whole thing but probably still one of the better WWE PPVs of the year.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Alouicious posted:

the ghosts name is vampiro and he's here to politic his way to the top

Hope this means we get ICP back on commentary.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Blasmeister posted:

Also who does AJ even feud with now? Paige lost 2 in a row and is fighting with Alicia, Nikki and Brie is going on forever and ever before wrapping up and no other divas are remotely credible.

Paige!

I see Nikki getting a title shot and maybe forcing Brie to help her win.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Blasmeister posted:

This thing that annoyed me the most about the Wyatt thing was that he didn't even hit Ambrose with his finisher to kill him enough for Seth to slowly wake up, crawl over and randomly pin him. The uranage throw thing is barely a signature.

I may be the only person bothered by this, idk.

Could be a new signature, who knows

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Blast Fantasto posted:

As soon as the feed cut out and the chanting started, I was like "This is 'Attitude Era' as gently caress."

I half expected Ambrose and Rollins to be hung from the cell when the lights came back on.
I had the same thought about them hanging from the cage (especially after the lights were out for ages) and I think it would have been a lot cooler, though they'd probably have to hang them by their feet to stay PG.

They could have even stolen the Age of the Fall start and had Bray under their dripping blood, with the fun of having Tyler Black involved again.

The Wyatts had their second round of hype videos so I knew they were going to restart Bray's push but I was still pissed at the ending... until R Truth danced onto my screen and then I couldn't stop laughing at how perfectly that represents the company's response to any complaints I have.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I'm upset that the Bray thing turned what could have been a solid 4 star match into a 3 star match, and annoyed when it could have easily been handled better with just the most minor of changes, but I wouldn't say I'm as angry as most people are and I think the ghost thing was actually kind of cool. Plus it sets up a feud I actually want to see, which is more than I can say of 90 percent of WWE's booking decisions.

Most people seemed to be upset because they thought this was supposed to be a feud blow off match and it didn't end up being one, but it should have been obvious from the lead up to HIAC that it wasn't going to be. They wouldn't have farted around with Cena and Orton if they thought it was a legitimate end to a blood feud.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

For a (fat) guy who needs help to look like a real physical threat, I like the uranage move a lot better than the Sister Abigail. It just looks better.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

RBX posted:

We're seriously WCW 2000 era right now.

Don't you dare say that. Things are not that bad.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Fat Lowtax posted:

For a (fat) guy who needs help to look like a real physical threat, I like the uranage move a lot better than the Sister Abigail. It just looks better.

If they make it a finisher I will withdraw my objection because it is a cool move but it needs to be sold as one by commentary or get a name or something.

Baby Babbeh posted:

Most people seemed to be upset because they thought this was supposed to be a feud blow off match and it didn't end up being one, but it should have been obvious from the lead up to HIAC that it wasn't going to be. They wouldn't have farted around with Cena and Orton if they thought it was a legitimate end to a blood feud.

Except they did the non-finish Rollins/Ambrose matches at 2 PPVs this year already (once not even giving us a match at all!), and if you don't blow a feud off in a hell in a cell match where do you blow it off? Mania? Can you really drag out a feud that long these days and still make it mean anything?

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 27, 2014

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

RBX posted:

We're seriously WCW 2000 era right now.

the words of someone who hasn't watched WCW 2000. things are boring and a little frustrating right now but they're nowhere near that.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Based on positioning, I honestly thought Bray was going to drive Dean's head into the cinderblock for the Sister Abigail.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The swinging Uranage is amazing and should be his finisher instead of Sister Abigail. It looks much better.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Fat Lowtax posted:

Agreed. I like Sister Abigail as something he does to people after the match to add insult to injury but I don't think it works as a match ender. That uranage last night looked brutal.

Baby Babbeh fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 27, 2014

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm really happy that Dolph Ziggler looked really strong in that match. :unsmith:

RBX posted:

Calm down nerd

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

HulkaMatt posted:

I see Nikki getting a title shot and maybe forcing Brie to help her win.

You should watch the new Total Divas preview to see why that probably isn't happening...

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Haven't watched the product in a couple months, but seeing the .gif of Rusev suplexing Big Show makes me want to see Rusev vs. Cesaro in a massive hoss-off. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
I get that not everyone liked the ending. I liked it though. Ambrose was still made to look good, as was Rollins. It started a new feud, which should be read, especially if the two stooges are gone and is just Wayatt vs. Ambrose.

Not to mention I seriously doubt that is the end of Rollins Ambrose, since one of them still had the briefcase and the other vowed to never let him cash it in.

The ending to the other main event was much worse.

• Locked thread