Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

RIP horse_ebooks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think this sums up the whole thread.

It's a butt tattoo.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Well now that's a thing that's in my watch history.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

It came from Facebook. This is from a local artist. It's just... wow.

Quint Gets Eaten
Apr 23, 2014
Does anyone have a picture of the retarded horse from this season of Ink Master? The artist got sent home for it, thank God. I'm not a tattoo expert-- most of the time I think the things they come up with on that show are pretty decent, at least to the untrained eye-- but that horse was a mess, I couldn't stop laughing at it.

As an aside, does anyone know what happens if someone gets an exceptionally lovely tattoo on that show? Do they try to fix it for them afterwards, or are the volunteers just stuck with a lovely tattoo? In my opinion you'd have to be crazy to volunteer for a free tattoo on a competition show; if you're putting something permanent on my skin, I want it to be under optimal conditions. I just got my first tattoo and the idea of throwing myself into a situation where there's a time limit, I don't know my artist's work, and other artists are going to try to gently caress each other over is kind of scary. It could turn out ok, but you could also end up with the hula girl from a few pages back or a retarded horse.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Quint Gets Eaten posted:

Does anyone have a picture of the retarded horse from this season of Ink Master? The artist got sent home for it, thank God. I'm not a tattoo expert-- most of the time I think the things they come up with on that show are pretty decent, at least to the untrained eye-- but that horse was a mess, I couldn't stop laughing at it.

As an aside, does anyone know what happens if someone gets an exceptionally lovely tattoo on that show? Do they try to fix it for them afterwards, or are the volunteers just stuck with a lovely tattoo? In my opinion you'd have to be crazy to volunteer for a free tattoo on a competition show; if you're putting something permanent on my skin, I want it to be under optimal conditions. I just got my first tattoo and the idea of throwing myself into a situation where there's a time limit, I don't know my artist's work, and other artists are going to try to gently caress each other over is kind of scary. It could turn out ok, but you could also end up with the hula girl from a few pages back or a retarded horse.

You have no idea how many people in the US would gladly take a free tattoo, even from a horrible artist whose work they have already seen. I can assure you the show takes zero responsibility and makes them sign a waiver indicating so. They have however done a cover up of a tattoo done on a prior season.

Quint Gets Eaten
Apr 23, 2014
I know a guy who is super excited because his daughter was chosen to be a human canvas on an upcoming episode of Ink Master (or upcoming season, or something) and he kept going on and on about how she's super lucky, because she gets to be on TV and she gets a free tattoo out of it. All I could think about was the many things that could go wrong. Even though most of the time the stuff on that show looks good to me, I'm not a professional and I don't know what to look for, plus there's always the possibility that you'll end up with something truly bad like the horse or the hula girl. I like Ink Master a lot but when something is going to be on your body forever the stakes are pretty high. I'm glad there are people who are willing to volunteer for it though, because it's a lot of fun to watch. The worst is when they have the volunteers sit in a room and vote for the worst tattoo of the day and discuss why it sucks, and the person who it belongs to is always just sitting there like "Well I like it :("

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

It came from Facebook. This is from a local artist. It's just... wow.

The Empire is well-known for being led by Jedi.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Big lot of crap incoming.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

To be fair isn't this one actually pretty accurate?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Dienes posted:

The Empire is well-known for being led by Jedi.

Honestly, that's the least of its problems.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Tracula posted:

To be fair isn't this one actually pretty accurate?

Yeah, that's a really good Gringo Heisenberg. If you think the subject matter sucks, that's one thing, but it looks well done and accurate to the purposely lovely drawing from the show.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Yeah, that's a really good Gringo Heisenberg. If you think the subject matter sucks, that's one thing, but it looks well done and accurate to the purposely lovely drawing from the show.

If you got a :lost: tattoo 5 years ago or a :omarcomin: tattoo 10 years ago, you'd probably feel pretty silly about it now.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Yeah, maybe, but you can say the same about literally any tattoo in the world. My cousin has a colossal human heart across her cleavage; she thought it was cool at the time, but what if she regrets it in ten years? :ohdear:

What would you even get from Lost, anyway? A portrait of your favourite sociopath character?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

canyoneer posted:

If you got a :lost: tattoo 5 years ago or a :omarcomin: tattoo 10 years ago, you'd probably feel pretty silly about it now.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I think I'd be ok with these Wire tattoos

Maybe not this one

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Tattoo of the year. Every year.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Snowy posted:

I think I'd be ok with these Wire tattoos

Got dat WMD

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Snowy posted:

Maybe not this one

This is the worst attempt at a Lego Omar.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Quint Gets Eaten posted:

From the Ink Master thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3662164

Found a larger version of it on the Inkmaster site:

Quint Gets Eaten
Apr 23, 2014
Thank you! I love that horse, I got a really good laugh out of him every time he showed up on camera. The face is just wonderful.

Knucklebear
Apr 19, 2005

Uxzuigal posted:

All tattoos done by Trym Torson, drummer of "Emperor", awesome drummer :) Started when I was 18.. 10 years later.

http://imgur.com/a/DYtah

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The proportions on this get shittier the longer I look at it.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

mildly :nws: (under boob)

http://i.imgur.com/XDJzIAw.png

Tasteless dream-catcher thing under the boobs. It also looks crooked.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

JoelJoel posted:

You're kidding, right?

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.
Crossposting from AUG.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
show that man respect he grew up to be captain america

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

JoelJoel posted:

Is this a trick post? What the gently caress is wrong with this?

I think it only looks a bit off in the photo because she's turned slightly to her left. And I am a :siren: female and not looking at the boobs.

^^ drum dude: why does it say SKILLET in giant letters?

Pythonicus
Apr 1, 2011

I just wanted to say...
I love you.

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

It's the name of the band who sang the lyrics he's got plastered all over himself.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

That's the band the lyrics come from.

e:f;b

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Oh ok. I guess my mind immediately went to food frying skillet because he's ridiculously red like he just got fried. I know is obv a new tattoo but I had many and never reacted like that :stare:

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

What would you even get from Lost, anyway? A portrait of your favourite sociopath character?

I feel like this one crosses back into so-bad-it's-good territory.

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

Oh ok. I guess my mind immediately went to food frying skillet because he's ridiculously red like he just got fried. I know is obv a new tattoo but I had many and never reacted like that :stare:

I thought they'd hosed up 'Skrillex'.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

JoelJoel posted:

do you know what dreamcatchers are

for that matter, do you know what tattoos are? it's not tasteless and it's not crooked. The most legitimate complaint available is 'I've seen lots of girls getting this lately' which doesn't really count

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011
What does this one say?

Staryberry posted:

I feel like this one crosses back into so-bad-it's-good territory.

I like how in this one the plane and the island combine to look like a whale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Goosed it. posted:

What does this one say?

We have lift off?

RCarr has a new favorite as of 02:33 on Oct 30, 2014

• Locked thread