Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I'm married to the sea... but in another, more realistic sense, I'm wholly unlovable
*looks up from peering into microscope* This checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

Yuriy posted:

Yea, Roxanne is one of the few people whose fanbase I really just don't understand

There is nothing pleasant about her, she's a massive dork who gets KO'd in hilarious ways, spergs about stupid poo poo and yet people latch on to her

Perceived attainability

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
agreed she meets the minimum 22 necessary traits out of 30 total on my spreadsheet for the chance to view me in my finest club shirt with blue flames

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Lol there's no way Roxy has ever been to a club stateside

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I met Roxanne at this past Invicta card and she was very nice and pleasant, and that is the easiest and most powerful way for a woman to earn a nerd's undying affection so I can see why she is as popular as she is. Also you guys are dorks who are overthinking this and I'm sure she has an Office Space Michael Bolton reaction to people mentioning that song to her by now.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Bluedeanie posted:

I met Roxanne at this past Invicta card and she was very nice and pleasant, and that is the easiest and most powerful way for a woman to earn a nerd's undying affection so I can see why she is as popular as she is. Also you guys are dorks who are overthinking this and I'm sure she has an Office Space Michael Bolton reaction to people mentioning that song to her by now.

Like 75% of the tweets WMMA fighters get are generally calling them too muscular and/or trannies and/or requests for socks right after training sessions. So someone getting good reactions from the internet autist 'sharp knees' community is an overwhelming positive.

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

1st AD posted:

A/V club

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

1st AD posted:

Ogantai posted:

A/V club

i feel we're missing the obvious "anime club"

world b lee
Feb 1, 2006
Is it a frog? Is it a toad?
I forget which thread it was in but someone asked if anyone had ever hit Sweet Chin Music in MMA. Dave Jansen did tonight, amongst a hundred other kinds of kicks.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Give Dave Jansen his title shot

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That was the greatest terrible heavyweight finish in the history of terrible heavyweight finishes.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

CommonShore posted:

That was the greatest terrible heavyweight finish in the history of terrible heavyweight finishes.

this has to be false because if it topped soa / krylov it would be the background of psp by now

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Marching Powder posted:

this has to be false because if it topped soa / krylov it would be the background of psp by now

The guy fell over when he tried to throw bobby lashley and then just turtled and submitted to strikes.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
HOW IS VASELL loving ALL OF THESE SUB ATTEMPTS UP

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Yuriy posted:

HOW IS VASELL loving ALL OF THESE SUB ATTEMPTS UP

Brian Ebersole turned black and learned how to spinning poo poo.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

mewse
May 2, 2006

Ugh, fitch is so boring

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

whatever, I'm psyched to see Palmer.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Paulo Filho has been shot

Seems like he's doing okay-ish for a shooting victim, at least.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

I'm sure he's feeling fine, mostly because he was probably already taking painkillers several hours before the shooting took place

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I feel like that being shot might actually be a positive thing for him, if only because he can't get much worse

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Reports are the suspect is getting off on a technicality, Filho weighed in heavy so it was a non-felony shooting

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

When Paulo asked the doctor what treatment he would need, the doctor said, "Just rest."

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
So apparently Gabi Garcia is going to MMA. ...debuting against a 42 year old Japanese bantamweight.

Somehow I don't see that ending well.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Toquinho's ears are loving hypnotic and once he is a champion in World Series On Fights you will all pay for laughing at him

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Zwachro posted:

So apparently Gabi Garcia is going to MMA. ...debuting against a 42 year old Japanese bantamweight.

gently caress yes. freakshow time.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Zwachro posted:

Who the gently caress is she gonna fight

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

LobsterMobster posted:

Ironically, the shooter was tracking him down to collect on a skipped bail bond.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

1st AD posted:

Who the gently caress is she gonna fight
Megumi Yabushita.

Because pro wrestling remains the best base in Japan.

edit: Currently on a 6 fight losing streak, is 3-11 in her last 14, lost to a different pro wrestler during the current losing streak (in that wrestler's first fight), hasn't won since 4/11/10... oh and yet the first two fights in the current losing streak were Rin Nakai and Sarah Kaufman.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 30, 2014

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

It's ok, Yabushita has previous giant woman fighting experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG2Lf7aHrFs

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

colonel_korn posted:

It's ok, Yabushita has previous giant woman fighting experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG2Lf7aHrFs

gently caress, I wouldn't know how to go about fighting that huge woman.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Are there any Japanese freakshow David v. Goliath fights in which the big freak just smashes the smaller, usually local, fighter?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i consider jose canseco to be a child of the world. so watch canseco vs hong man choi

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
you got butterbean vs the pro wrestling guy, you got sergey vs ninja, you got barnett vs nakamura and kondo, you got basically all of semmy schilt's mma wins, etc.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54wAIiMvUlQ&t=360s

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Minowaman's freakshow record is pretty good but he did lose to Zuluzinho and Mr. Shark.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

I'd like it if we could refer to Sean Sherk like this from now on

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
https://vimeo.com/95878926

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Narrated by Ice T, :ortiz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

david carmichael posted:

i consider jose canseco to be a child of the world. so watch canseco vs hong man choi

So much running for such a short fight.