Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Basic Chunnel posted:

Gonna be a lot more loser leaves town matches this season
He confirmed on Twitter that VGCW won't be moving to the new versions. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The reason for limiting CAW slots used to be that there was only so much hard drive space to play with. I can't believe that a mere 25 CAWs takes up such a significant amount of the new consoles' space, but then, we also don't know how detailed the CAW system will be. I doubt even the most twisted publisher or developer would give fewer slots than they are capable of providing; it's not like they can tout 25 slots as any kind of selling point.

I'm typically the last person to excuse a developer or publisher, but in this case there's a more reasonable explanation why they would do this rather than why they would screw it up. The first run of games on any new console generation is always poorly optimised and has missing or reduced features because that's the nature of trying to develop a game on new hardware. This is why it's almost always a good idea to not bother with the new consoles until they've had at least one full year, if not longer.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Always one step forward and two steps back all the way back to the ps2 era with these fuckers. Can't have all those CAW dudes cutting into the dlc bottom line too hard.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Always one step forward and two steps back all the way back to the ps2 era with these fuckers. Can't have all those CAW dudes cutting into the dlc bottom line too hard.

I wouldn't be surprised if the point of limiting CAWs is because they don't want eveyone just downloading CAWs of all the DLC wrestlers.

But then again, I am also surprised you can't buy DLC CAW Slots. Because seriously... these systems come with a 500GB hard drive. There should be no limit to this stuff.

Also, the game has been delayed a day until Nov 18th (seriously)
http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/news/single/us-new-release-date-for-wwe-2k15-on-next-generation-consoles

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Once I finish unlocking things, I typically abandon real wrestlers for my assortment of CAWs. So...dealbreaker. Time to start waiting for 2k16.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Any of you 2K apologists want to put your money where your mouth is?

Because I guarantee you they'll be selling CAW slots for $$$ inside of 6 months.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Astro7x posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the point of limiting CAWs is because they don't want eveyone just downloading CAWs of all the DLC wrestlers.

But then again, I am also surprised you can't buy DLC CAW Slots. Because seriously... these systems come with a 500GB hard drive. There should be no limit to this stuff.

Also, the game has been delayed a day until Nov 18th (seriously)
http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/news/single/us-new-release-date-for-wwe-2k15-on-next-generation-consoles

huh? Games always come out on Tuesday and November 18th has been the advertized release date for a while now.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Astro7x posted:

There aren't 25 DLC wrestlers

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I am no apologist. This game is a guilty pleasure of mine. It's the one sure buy every year for me.

And I enjoy it. Every time. Despite whatever things there are to bitch about every year (and there always are) I buy it and enjoy the gently caress out of it. It's a game I'd never recommend to anyone unless they knew what they're getting into but I do know it'd probably take a massive dive in quality for me to stop buying and playing it. I also understand not everyone plays the games like me. I love spending a lot of time in the career modes and Universe mode, mainly with just the current roster.

That said, CAW slots do not bother me one bit. I download maybe 5 per year, and it's mainly just for simulation and such. I understand why someone would care, but I'll have fun regardless.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I will say that it will be really tricky if people want to make CAW feds and alternate attires for existing wrestlers, assuming that they still take up a CAW slot.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Because seriously... these systems come with a 500GB hard drive. There should be no limit to this stuff.

well actually.

they come with a 500 GB hard drive, and around 100 GB of it is taken up by system level/OS stuff, and since every game requires they be installed now because they're too big to just run on the disc and many of them are upwards of 60 GB (and this is not counting post-release DLC which can balloon the sizes further), people have had problems with filling up their consoles already.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 31, 2014

papercuts
May 22, 2014
For what it's worth, this is the explanation one of the guys with 2K gave for the 25 CAW slots on PS4 and Xbox One:

quote:

What's up, guys? Did you like the Q&A? I'll post a recap later, just trying to figure out 2K's CMS system at the moment.

Anyway, I wanted to clear some things up about the 25 CAS slots (PS4/Xbox One) and the question concerning whether edited Superstars count towards the CAS cap.

Yes, they do. They are treated like a CAS because they are an entirely new instance of the character. They can be used as an alternate attire or they can be used as an entirely new CAS. It takes more space to save out entirely new outfits, that's why alternate attires are treated as CAS.

Concerning the 25 slots, the fidelity of the characters are much higher than previous generations. Characters look much closer to our actual Superstars than ever before. The size of the characters are HUGE. We're going to continue to look at ways to compress, but we pushed it to the limit this year. The longer that we get more familiar with this new hardware, the more we'll find (like every developer).
http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?800491-Only-25-CAW-slots-on-current-gen&p=7176461#post7176461

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah, of course that's the case. they're not going to do something like that just to gently caress with people. a fact that people have trouble grasping is that game file sizes are loving gigantic now.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cardboard Box posted:

well actually.

they come with a 500 GB hard drive, and around 100 GB of it is taken up by system level/OS stuff

What in the gently caress is taking up that much space?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Nut Bunnies posted:

What in the gently caress is taking up that much space?

beats me, but if you look at the hard drive usage on the console interfaces you can see it. it's not quite 100 GB, I think the PS4's OS-level stuff takes up around 80, but it's still a significant chunk of the hard drive and kinda makes the advertised 500 GB a little misleading. I know of several people who have opted to replace the hard drives with 1-2TB ones instead, and thankfully that's an option.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 31, 2014

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah, of course that's the case. they're not going to do something like that just to gently caress with people. a fact that people have trouble grasping is that game file sizes are loving gigantic now.

I get that part of it but I don't understand why that isn't left up to me. By mid November my ps4 would likely end up as a GTA/WWE machine for the foreseeable future. If I want to devote that space to 159 caws then why isn't it up to me? Load times get longer? Ehh, my dumb rear end choice.
Kinda like how my 500gb or whatever 360 ended up being 80% Rock band crap.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that is very true, and it makes me wonder if the console manufacturers actually have like, a specific amount of space that developers are allowed to dedicate to their games.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'm still surprised there are 13 loving CM Punk attires in this game across 2 versions of him. Like thanks for the detail, but literally most of these are just the same design without the small specifics he had on them, like the halloween theme one doesnt have the webs in the design, or just have a different entrance attire. Whatever thought, last game with CM Punk I guess do whatever and go hogwild.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

KungFu Grip posted:

I'm still surprised there are 13 loving CM Punk attires in this game across 2 versions of him. Like thanks for the detail, but literally most of these are just the same design without the small specifics he had on them, like the halloween theme one doesnt have the webs in the design, or just have a different entrance attire. Whatever thought, last game with CM Punk I guess do whatever and go hogwild.

It's because of the rivalry mode, and them putting in the exact attire they were wearing for their matches

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I know, I unlocked all of them already. I just noticed that most of them look exactly the same color wise and they could have just used superstar threads for most of them.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cardboard Box posted:

beats me, but if you look at the hard drive usage on the console interfaces you can see it. it's not quite 100 GB, I think the PS4's OS-level stuff takes up around 80, but it's still a significant chunk of the hard drive and kinda makes the advertised 500 GB a little misleading. I know of several people who have opted to replace the hard drives with 1-2TB ones instead, and thankfully that's an option.

I'm just wondering what kind of idiots these companies have on these teams. Windows and Mac OS X take up like 1/10 of that.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

last game with CM Punk
And finally we've brought up the real reason I will buy this game.

That rivalry mode will make it worth it for me.

Then I mean forever fun with My Career mode.

best in the world

I'm gonna roleplay a fantasy situation where CM Punk decides that he deserves his vengeance on John Cena in the main event at Wrestlemania, but what's this!? The Authority refuses to let this true rebel come back, at least without a fight! CM Punk must go through the developmental process and earn his way back to the top of the card, proving that he is in fact, the Best in the World!

i'm cool

cams fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 31, 2014

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

25 CAW slots just turned me off completely. I've had 2k14 for a very short time and I've already downloaded around 75.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I have 100 and I already always delete and rearrange them.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm guessing if the PC version ever drops, limited space for CAWs won't be a problem.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So does it just play like the last one, basically? I have it pre-ordered for PS4 so I haven't been able to play it yet, but I'm expecting just better graphics on the same old game, really.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

TheJoker138 posted:

So does it just play like the last one, basically? I have it pre-ordered for PS4 so I haven't been able to play it yet, but I'm expecting just better graphics on the same old game, really.

There is more changes gameplay wise than from 13 to 2k14 anyways. Stamina has returned which to me is huge and a big reason why SvR06 is my favourite game in the series. The My Career mode looks friggin amazing for a multitude of reasons such as friend list caws populating your career mode to help/hurt you where appropriate.

Smaller caw list sucks but like I mentioned has no effect on gameplay, and gameplay is the seller for me this time around.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

I'm guessing if the PC version ever drops, limited space for CAWs won't be a problem.
Limits tend to be the sort of things that are hard-coded in the engine, but who knows

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Limits tend to be the sort of things that are hard-coded in the engine, but who knows

That's why you mod it and break it wide open. Or save the files on the hard drive and manually swap them out when you wish.

It'll make CAW rumbles suck unless drastic action is taken (mod out the main roster members and replace them with CAWs maybe?), but other than that it seems fairly workable compared to some of the nutso stuff modded into other games.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

A while back on the Powerbomb Cast they asked Jared Rea is the new game had stuff like VGCW in mind, and he didn't answer the question and instead went on a literally weepy thing about how much he likes VGCW and supports them. At the time I figured that meant "no, it's not at all set up for those guys" and the 25 CAW limit confirms that. What a dumb decision.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

Sky Shadowing posted:

It's worth noting that if you're picking up 2k15 for PS4, there's a Digital Deluxe edition which includes Hulk Hogan and the Showcase Season Pass for $80, which is cheaper than the game + Season Pass.

I went ahead and cancelled my Amazon pre-order for this version, thanks for the heads up. The limited CAW space is kind of a downer, but I only used like 15 in 2K13 so it's not a deal breaker to me, especially since we probably can't import music. My Career sounds like it'll give me a lot of game time alone. Looking forward to that.

I don't have my PS3 anymore, so I can't play any of the older games or Fire Pro for that matter. Needs me a punchsports game. Ideally I'd wait for a PC release, but eh, I'd probably pick it up on a steam sale if it went cheap enough and there were mods for it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm so happy that a CAW career mode is back.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

There is more changes gameplay wise than from 13 to 2k14 anyways. Stamina has returned which to me is huge and a big reason why SvR06 is my favourite game in the series. The My Career mode looks friggin amazing for a multitude of reasons such as friend list caws populating your career mode to help/hurt you where appropriate.

Smaller caw list sucks but like I mentioned has no effect on gameplay, and gameplay is the seller for me this time around.

Good to know I'm not the only weirdo that liked the stamina system.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Holy crap, I just got a Legendary Brock Lesnar by chance whilst at Legendary+ status. I mean it's useless without a second one really, but at least it's possible. I don't think I've ever lucked into an Epic card from the board after about 5500 games.

Also I have about the near perfect KOTR team for getting me a pair of Epics, they've got me Stephanie McMahon, The Rock, Randy Savage and... well Kane, so I'm just keeping my Pro URs team as is, which means it'll take me a while to pro out Savage as it stand but my card catalog hopes and dreams are looking real good right now.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Sky Shadowing posted:

It's worth noting that if you're picking up 2k15 for PS4, there's a Digital Deluxe edition which includes Hulk Hogan and the Showcase Season Pass for $80, which is cheaper than the game + Season Pass.
can we get a confirmation on the truth of this? PS4 store description lists Sting and Hogan characters (neither of whole I'm interested in) but nothing about a season pass.

*nvm, it's not listed in the description but is indeed included in purchased items when you preorder.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Oct 31, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Don't know if anyone cares or if this is available in the States, but Amazon.ca has a deal where you get a free game if you buy the Last of Us Remastered PS4 Bundle, and 2K15 qualifies. If you're like me and are either buying a PS4 for this game or are just buying one in general it's decent. There's loads of other games that the deal covers as well if you don't want 2K15.

quote:

Order Summary
Items (2):

CDN$ 519.95

Shipping & Handling:

CDN$ 3.98

Bonus Game Applied:

-CDN$ 69.96

Total before tax:
CDN$ 453.97

Estimated GST/HST:
CDN$ 59.02

Estimated PST/RST/QST:
CDN$ 0.00

Order Total:
CDN$ 512.99

Seems like a pretty decent deal if you were going to buy one of the qualifying games and a PS4 together.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Got to Epic Finals last night for the third stright time and pulled The Rock :toot:

For those not keeping track (why would you be) that's Brie, Macho Man, and The Rock that I got in the last week.

When I get to Legendary I'm just going to chain pull Rybacks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Does 2k15 have the Community Creations stuff that previous versions had? Thats the only way I can see 25 slots getting filled quickly for non-obsessives.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

Does 2k15 have the Community Creations stuff that previous versions had? Thats the only way I can see 25 slots getting filled quickly for non-obsessives.

It does, and edited existing superstars using Superstar Heads counts towards that 25.

Wikipedia posted:

The Creative Suite has returned with all of the same features. However, two of the features were removed from the game: Create-A-Story and Create-A-Special Move.

The Create-A-Superstar mode has returned, with created wrestlers on the current generation version nearly perfectly matching the in-game models as opposed to previous years. As a result of the higher resolution models, there are only 25 Create-A-Superstar slots. Superstar Heads has been reworked to allow all in-game wrestlers to be fully editable for the first time since WWF No Mercy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Evil Canadian posted:

Stamina has returned which to me is huge and a big reason why SvR06 is my favourite game in the series.
Stamina was in the last fewgames, too, it's just that it was turned off by default in the options menu. Same goes for weight classes.