Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

DrVenkman posted:

With all that theme talk, Booker T has had the same song since he was in WCW.

For that matter, is he one of the only people who carried their theme over between companies?

The obvious answer is Flair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

DrVenkman posted:

Here's a really dumb question. How did Hollywood Hogan have a blonde moustache and black stubble?

Midlife crisis.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Luigi Thirty posted:

The obvious answer is Flair.

Didn't he have a terrible knockoff version while in TNA?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Pope Corky the IX posted:

'Terrible' doesn't even begin to describe it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFPbAd_RMA

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I did not watch TNA nor Flair in TNA. Carry on.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

John Cena posted:

his theme was a prodction theme that turner and wwe both had access to. kinda similar to the hardys/holly/etc

It wasn't just them who had access to it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-CtKIo7olM

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Germansimp posted:

'Terrible' doesn't even begin to describe it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFPbAd_RMA

This reminds me of Randy Savage's one WCW theme. Just take the same song and play it on electric guitar because that's cooler, I guess.

Now Flair's old WWF theme, on the other hand, was a good knockoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6RoasSoLK0

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
Wrong thread

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Minidust posted:

Vince McMahon strapping Hornswoggle (his alleged son at the time) into a baby car-seat and barking "he's an INFANT!" It's one of those bizarre moments completely made by Vince's delivery and I haven't been able to find it since the original airing.

Oh god someone please find this.

Manny Suave
Apr 5, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

He did. And Booker T had a terrible knock off of his public domain production music, which I never really understood. Why pay money to record your own version of free music? Is the answer "TNA"?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Manny Suave posted:

He did. And Booker T had a terrible knock off of his public domain production music, which I never really understood. Why pay money to record your own version of free music? Is the answer "TNA"?

Production music is not free music and is not in the public domain - you have to license it.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Capsaicin posted:

What's your favorite match/promo/skit that isn't something that people remember very well? Like, a good skit that is the opposite of popularity of "this is your life" with Rock/Foley.

I think that the Miz/Morrison double date with the Bellas is one of the most criminally underrated segments of all time.

Pretty much anything Hardcore Holly did during his Super Heavyweight stint.

"Why don't you get on the scale Dracula, you fat bastard?"

"Now making their way to the ring, at a buck and a quarter, Anorexic Annie and Karen Carpenter."

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Capsaicin posted:

What's your favorite match/promo/skit that isn't something that people remember very well? Like, a good skit that is the opposite of popularity of "this is your life" with Rock/Foley.

I think that the Miz/Morrison double date with the Bellas is one of the most criminally underrated segments of all time.

Morrison's delivery in that skit was great.

"Why aren't you wearing a shirt?"
"It's hot!"

One of my favorites is the Kurt Angle promo where he says he's not a big fan of "the black people."

"If I could go back in time, the one person I'd like to make tap out would be.. Jesus."
"Who'd he ever beat?"

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Can anyone explain the storyline circumstances of Kawada leaving Misawa's stable to team with Taue in 1993? From what I've seen, Kawada and Taue go to a 30 minute draw in the Carny, shaking hands at the end to end their feud. Then during Kawada/Kobashi/Kikuchi vs. Taue/Fuchi/Ogawa, Kikuchi tags in Kawada to go against Taue eliciting a big reaction from the crowd. Later, Kawada gives Taue a look and then hits the Nodowa Otoshi on Ogawa. At the end of the match, Kawada is crying as he raises his partners' hands. From then on he's teaming with Taue. The full TVs for '93 aren't on YouTube (and I understand very little Japanese anyway), so I'm having a hard time filling in the gaps here.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Capsaicin posted:

Related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSH4-Ihvme0

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Capsaicin posted:

On the episode of RAW where Donald Trump was in charge, Vince's limo broke down and he made his driver give him a piggyback ride to the arena. It's only about a minute long and it's one of my favorite Vince moments. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E-7I-MGu4U

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

sportsgenius86 posted:

PWG:
- Steen Wolf
- Death to All But Metal
- Threemendous III
- Mystery Vortex
- All-Star Weekend 9 Nights 1 & 2
- Sold Our Soul For Rock N Roll
- Eleven
- BOLA 2014 All 3 Nights

I can only speak to the PWG list personally, and yours is solid but I think Mystery Vortex II also deserves a recommendation. That Trevor Lee/Cedric Alexander/Andrew Everett opening match is worth the price of admission alone, and the rest of the card is quite good as well.

I'm really looking forward to Everett being ready to wrestle again, hopefully sooner rather than later. ROH and PWG will both have a bunch of fresh new matchups with him back in the picture.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I wish Vince didn't think old people don't belong on TV because he's the best :smith:

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
I think it's bullshit that some production company got away with stealing work from kraftwerk for the tune that became Booker's theme.

Then again I guess a lot of people stole from them and got away with it.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

ColeM posted:

2 for me:

Kurt angle/the rock segment from the 2002 royal rumble: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TRjEsDxjM5I

Hahaha that is truly wonderful.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Luigi Thirty posted:

I wish Vince didn't think old people don't belong on TV because he's the best :smith:

My 3 favorite Vince moments are:

- Hiring the entire audience in attendance, just so he could fire them. "YOU'RE ALL FIIIIIIIIRED! YOU'RE FIRED, YOU'RE FIRED!"
- Going with Shane to a Church, and, among other things, doing the Triple H spit-take with the holy water.
- Putting on a cowboy hat and dragging Tajiri to a strip club.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Vince's training montages were really funny.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I have a certain appreciation for the "Cody and Kaitlyn awkwardly flirt backstage" angle that was dropped because the Bellas returned and derailed it for another angle that was dropped.

"Excuse me, I mustache you a question..."
"HAHA *snort*"

:3:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Red posted:

My 3 favorite Vince moments are:

- Hiring the entire audience in attendance, just so he could fire them. "YOU'RE ALL FIIIIIIIIRED! YOU'RE FIRED, YOU'RE FIRED!"
- Going with Shane to a Church, and, among other things, doing the Triple H spit-take with the holy water.
- Putting on a cowboy hat and dragging Tajiri to a strip club.

Him getting Rickrolled.
Vince's completely insane playboy interview.
Quad tear

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 31, 2014

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Him coming out with a dorag while ECW champion.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Vince getting all worked up during the Costas interview.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
The AOL chatroom interview.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
When he was too scared of Eric Bischoff to show up and fight him at Slamboree 98 and WCW won the war.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
A Vince/Eric shootfight would have been hilarious. My money is on Vince.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'll have you know that Bischoff is an artist with his fists and the canvas is your face.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

Capsaicin posted:

So many.

Like when Road Warrior Hawk compares the Outlaws to his boogers at DX 97.

Or the Rock doing impressions of all three NWO members' old personas sometime in the runup to Mania 18 (maybe at No Way Out that year).

Or Mick Foley telling the crowd at No Mercy (the first one) 1999 that he wasn't allowed to say "wanker".

Or just the musical delivery of Stone Cold saying "eh eh, no longer" when he's talking about turning after WM 17.

I remember non-classic promos better than the famous ones tbh. I can recite more Boss Man promos word for word than I can remember lines from This Is Your Life.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
CM Punk slapping the poo poo out of Shannon Moore was fun.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I like Big Boss Man getting Al Snow to eat his dog in a casserole

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

What has been the most offensive wrestling gimmick? Not like the Gobbledy Gooker in a so bad it's offensive to humanity type thing more a white wrestler in black face, that sort of thing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hassan leading a terrorist cell?

Harlem Heat in slave chains?

Mexicools riding lawn mowers?

"Christy Hemme, women on their knees not in a wrestling ring!"?

Lita's rapist being the face after SHE betrays HIM?

Really, there's a never ending list.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ultragonk posted:

What has been the most offensive wrestling gimmick? Not like the Gobbledy Gooker in a so bad it's offensive to humanity type thing more a white wrestler in black face, that sort of thing.

This is an impossible question to answer, because there's always more.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I know it's a little underwhelming, but I've never like the Oklahoma character from WCW

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

That guy with the middle east gimmick in TNA whose theme song started with a loving plane crash.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Do the Mountain State watchers remember Maifu? I think that's the gimmick that got the most "oh my god is this real life" reaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Kanyon coming out as Boy George and then getting kicked to poo poo by the Undertaker always stands out to me. Especially with how recent it was.

Kamala is an example.

Pretty much any gimmick where one party saying "That's racist" where the party complaining are almost always heels. I know a lot of people have a weird nostalgia for Muhammad Hassan but Jesus that was a gimmick that could only end badly. And shockingly, it did.