Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Default latency setting in the config file is set to 800, so if you don't want to play with your pals in zimbabwe you should edit it down to around 100. The lag is not that bad, but every other round there's some russian guy with an aimbot spamming chat and killing everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

snodig posted:

Default latency setting in the config file is set to 800, so if you don't want to play with your pals in zimbabwe you should edit it down to around 100. The lag is not that bad, but every other round there's some russian guy with an aimbot spamming chat and killing everyone.

I live in the city most furthest from any other city anywhere and it will probably match me with people from Singapore. Frankly people in Sydney are pushing it. Guess I won't even bother this time around.

I've done the whole Change The Latency setting and it won't match me with anyone. Anything above 100 is noticeable, and it's like 110 to Sydney in COD world.

edit: and I can't even get Titanfall "cheap". It's on sale for $30AUD

Huntsekker
May 2, 2003

"That really was the most fun I've had with anything Munchkin related ever."
So quick question, is advanced warfare the first game that won't allow DLC bought for one profile to be unlocked on another? Because I bought this game on my profile, as I do all of the games I buy, but my wife is the one who wanted to play it. When she loads up her profile, there's no season pass or preorder DLC, but there is on mine. Is that right?

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Dexters Secret posted:

I don't understand why they didn't drastically increase health. I feel everyone should have at least two to three times the amount of health they currently have.

Agreed. It's really strange that they made this game feel like a Call Of Duty and not Unreal Tournament. It was likely unintentional.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Don't worry, the game will be deserted in a month when practically everybody is running aimbot and wallhack. It doesn't matter how good the port is when the only thing that matters - multiplayer, is ruined by cheaters a few HOURS after release.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

It's the PC version, it's already deserted :laugh:

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

what are the feelings on good assault rifles and shotguns?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

snodig posted:

Don't worry, the game will be deserted in a month when practically everybody is running aimbot and wallhack. It doesn't matter how good the port is when the only thing that matters - multiplayer, is ruined by cheaters a few HOURS after release.

You mean like everyone's been warning you the entire thread? Did your 150 IQ or your law degree help you figure that one out?

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Dum Cumpster posted:

You mean like everyone's been warning you the entire thread? Did your 150 IQ or your law degree help you figure that one out?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2634792

It's babbys first time outside a cod topic.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Why would anyone read any of that?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Do all your jokes require reading walls of text in gassed threads?

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Dum Cumpster posted:

Do all your jokes require reading walls of text in gassed threads?

Yes.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~
Does anyone have any experience with this thing: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/elgato-game-capture-hd-60/7634008.p?id=1219285525278&skuId=7634008&st=elgato&cp=1&lp=6 ? I kind of want a cap card.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Have you considered reading the thread you're posting in instead so you'd know what's going to happen with the game you wasted money on?

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS
I got this on pc, if I like it enough (unlikely) I'll probably get a ps4 in january.

I have an elgato, not that specific model but it died a while back. No idea why.

Dum Cumpster posted:

Why would anyone read any of that?

how much do I have to lift to get your premium user icon?

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Add me on PSN if u ready to do DA dirty. I was trauma on 360 but km on PSN now

PSN is squarpushr

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Dum Cumpster posted:

Have you considered reading the thread you're posting in instead so you'd know what's going to happen with the game you wasted money on?

It's still fun to play. I like jumping around shooting people in the head - it makes me feel good about myself.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
Finally got it downloaded and played some HC KC level with a pool before heading into work. Seems pretty cool so far. So much verticality!

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

I wanna get excited and buy this but my consoles are in storage and I'm lovely at any PC games that require my left hand to use more than WASD and maybe shift+space.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

objectively bad posted:

ow much do I have to lift to get your premium user icon?

I'd say 277.5 kg but they gave out out to a guy who lifts half that because he's funny and helpful instead of a strong rear end in a top hat and helpful. Pick 2!

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
So uhhh any goons playing this on PS4?

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Dum Cumpster posted:

I'd say 277.5 kg but they gave out out to a guy who lifts half that because he's funny and helpful instead of a strong rear end in a top hat and helpful. Pick 2!

My certified crossfit instructor tells me anything above 50kg is a waste. Just do more reps with less weight and you will get in better shape than the tryhard that waste time trying to do something just once

Comment?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

GET MY BELT SON posted:

what are the feelings on good assault rifles and shotguns?

There aren't enough guns to even need to discuss it :colbert:

I demand another 2-3 for each category.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

snodig posted:

My certified crossfit instructor tells me anything above 50kg is a waste. Just do more reps with less weight and you will get in better shape than the tryhard that waste time trying to do something just once

Comment?

Crossfit(games) encourage moving as much weight as possible, including for one rep, with no regard for form.

C- troll

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
game owns

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

snodig posted:

Hahaha this is the best gimmick account in quite some time.

Hey seriously we'll still be having fun in six months. Sucks to be you, Harvey Birdman

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I told myself I wasn't going to bother this year, that I wasn't interested.

I caved this morning. I've only played one online game so far but holy hell it was fun. Whoever said it reminded them of Black Ops 2 was right, at least, that's what it reminds me of too.

drat you Call of Duty!

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

I don't understand why they didn't drastically increase health. I feel everyone should have at least two to three times the amount of health they currently have.

You are the worst person ever.

Hopefully team XsnipezxX is ready for a reunion tour tonight on the xbone.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Pretty_Llama posted:

You are the worst person ever.

Hopefully team XsnipezxX is ready for a reunion tour tonight on the xbone.

Got my pro-tier gaming snacks ready. See you guys around 5:00 pm CST.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I got an Elite gun. Is this like a purple or orange drop or what.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

If they're consistent with their use of the word, "Elite," it would be a gun that does not work.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Tried the EPM3 and again I don't understand why they threw such massive drawbacks on the heavy weapons. You'd think a semi auto rifle would have a niche but it's something like a four shot kill and has the godawful heavy mobility/ADS.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Any word on performance differences between bone and 360?

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I keep raging but man they need to fix this stupid loving mouse sensitivity bullshit. I swear to god it is insanely rage inducing.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Knifegrab posted:

I keep raging but man they need to fix this stupid loving mouse sensitivity bullshit. I swear to god it is insanely rage inducing.

Which controller are you using?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Dum Cumpster posted:

Which controller are you using?

Mouse on... oh god... PC... what have I done!?

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
I bought this poo poo on PC because I'm a turd idiot fucker and I'm not having weird mouse issues. I wonder what's causing it, I've seen other people report it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Im not having any mouse issues because I am using a controller and playing on XBone, as god intended.

• Locked thread