Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
al-azad
May 28, 2009

Papercut posted:

It says a lot that McDonald's English muffins are so bad you don't even recognize them as English muffins.

Thank you for this one, took it for my roommate so I will have someone to play co-op with. I have been playing Risk of Rain and it owns even though it's really loving hard.

This is definitely not an English muffin. There is no yeast in this thing. It is, at most, bisquick and water or whatever equivalent powder that McDonald's buys in bulk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Teleglitch owns. It's 2D Quake with survival horror mechanics. Once you master combat and the crafting system it's more actiony but your first couple runs you're going to be clutching at every bullet and can of beans, and freaking out when something unknown pops out of the shadows.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

If you don't own Teleglitch then make up an email or something and get it for free, holy crap what are you doing?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

GRRM's A Risk of Rain

https://humblebundle.com/s?gift=C22smHAs6RZE3taP

https://humblebundle.com/s?gift=nHCqk7RGpYnWyu7F

https://humblebundle.com/s?gift=m7wWw42szAf8crdq

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
Grabbed https://humblebundle.com/s?gift=nHCqk7RGpYnWyu7F. Thanks!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Snagged the top code. Thanks!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
So is there not a discount anymore for Issac: Rebirth? I still see one for the soundtrack but not for the game itself?

Also the Humble Bundle just updated; it's now got Eldritch, The Novelist, and Tales From Space: Mutant Blob Attack. Which isn't too bad all around.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Jesus christ you idiots a McGriddle is made with griddlecakes not english muffins. And They are delicious. This does not mean you should eat them.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Drifter posted:

Tezzeract is one bad decision away from a teen pregnancy or joining the military.

nooooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDf9dsNXT2o

(you guys are still crazy for not liking mcgriddles)

Nathyrra
Oct 22, 2008

Unwisely, Santa offered a teddy bear to James, unaware that he had been mauled by a grizzly earlier that year.
So I logged onto Steam earlier and it warned me that there was activity from Russia on my account. Don't remember the exact wording but I clicked them button that said i did not recognise this activity. I have since changed my passwords on Steam and my email.

I already had Steam Guard active. That's all I should need to do right?

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
As was mentioned, Shadow Warror is on sale for $9.99 but there's also a coupon for 75% off that stacks to bring the price down to $2.50. The promotion has been going on for awhile, I've had my coupon for a few months at least. You should still be able to get one, but only 1500 left and going fast. I read a few people had problems getting the coupon from the site and had to use Hola unlocker and set their browser to UK to work.

Really fun game and well worth it for a couple of bucks. Most complaints I've heard are about the weapons, but I stuck with the Katana the whole game and had a blast.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Papercut posted:

It says a lot that McDonald's English muffins are so bad you don't even recognize them as English muffins.

McGriddles aren't English muffins, the whole gimmick is that the bun is a pancake with maple syrup in it. Psh, it's like you didn't even pay attention to their garish web ad campaign.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Tezzeract posted:

nooooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDf9dsNXT2o

(you guys are still crazy for not liking mcgriddles)

McGriddles are incredible, but I also dropped like 50 lbs after I stopped eating them on the reg :ohdear:

Let's talk about Steam stuff! There are like no PC games coming out in the next several months that I give 2 shits about, but I will be buying Civilization Beyond Earth anyway if it hits the holiday sale.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Niggurath posted:

So is there not a discount anymore for Issac: Rebirth? I still see one for the soundtrack but not for the game itself?

Also the Humble Bundle just updated; it's now got Eldritch, The Novelist, and Tales From Space: Mutant Blob Attack. Which isn't too bad all around.

Looks like it was a limited promotion, which is kind of lame considering Guacamelee has the upgrade promotion being indefinite.

Also Binding of Isaac has six times as many people playing it right now than Call of Duty.

Holy poo poo, good job McMillen and Wife.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
New Shadow Warrior is so drat good, its one of the best FPSes in a long time and it has some actual solid writing.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

DoombatINC posted:

McGriddles aren't English muffins, the whole gimmick is that the bun is a pancake with maple syrup in it. Psh, it's like you didn't even pay attention to their garish web ad campaign.

I thought we were talking about McMuffin's. McGriddles doesn't even register as a thing to me. :shobon:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Niggurath posted:

The loyalty discount was only for the preorder, and since the game came out at 10 PST that's over. Sorry bud.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hey did you buy XCOM on sale awhile ago and not get around to ever playing it because you're a dumb idiot who is stupid and dumb, like me?

Well you should play it and not be dumb like I was, because it's really drat good and a lot of fun.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

DryGoods posted:

As was mentioned, Shadow Warror is on sale for $9.99 but there's also a coupon for 75% off that stacks to bring the price down to $2.50. The promotion has been going on for awhile, I've had my coupon for a few months at least. You should still be able to get one, but only 1500 left and going fast. I read a few people had problems getting the coupon from the site and had to use Hola unlocker and set their browser to UK to work.

Really fun game and well worth it for a couple of bucks. Most complaints I've heard are about the weapons, but I stuck with the Katana the whole game and had a blast.

Thanks for this

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

ImPureAwesome posted:

Thanks for this

Same. I've been waiting to pick up Shadow Warrior for a fiver for a while, and here it comes at a little less than what I've got sitting around in card money.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

deadly_pudding posted:

McGriddles are incredible, but I also dropped like 50 lbs after I stopped eating them on the reg :ohdear:

Let's talk about Steam stuff! There are like no PC games coming out in the next several months that I give 2 shits about, but I will be buying Civilization Beyond Earth anyway if it hits the holiday sale.

Apparently there's Dragon Age: Inquisition, but from the previews it seems like the game takes too much inspiration from Skyrim to possibly be any good upon release. The 4 player coop multiplayer is supposed to be 'Dark Souls'esque, whatever that means.

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 4, 2014

SeriousSirrus
Apr 29, 2008

Riven crabs are the best crabs!
I was always a big fan of old Impression's Games city builders, but know very little about Banished and spent my game money not long ago on The Wolf Among Us. (I know, silly mistake since I could have bought that whole game at a non-discounted price on my tablet for the same cost and slightly better controls; buyer's remorse aside) Is Banished something I should be plopping down for right now, or is there a high likelihood that the costs might lower by the Steam Christmas sale?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is great, guys. It's more than a straight upgrade, the game feels different compared to the basic version and is overall much harder. So if you were running circles around the basic version, this one will break you over the knee at first.

And you can save and resume your game.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I scoured the internet but haven't found an answer yet so maybe you have suggestions.

I have windows 7 on a retina MacBook Pro (yeah I know) and I downloaded the Evil Within demo, but when I load it zooms into the top 1/4 of the screen so I can't do anything. Other games didn't do this. Any suggestions?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

http://steamcommunity.com/app/20500/discussions/0/613940477951003365/

Red Faction Guerrilla getting converted to Steamworks.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"

Male Man posted:

Same. I've been waiting to pick up Shadow Warrior for a fiver for a while, and here it comes at a little less than what I've got sitting around in card money.

Thirding this, thanks a bunch.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Thank God, I think this covers all the legitimately great GFWL games now. Only one I'm still waiting on is FUEL which will probably never get fixed :(

Orv
May 4, 2011

Convex posted:

Thank God, I think this covers all the legitimately great GFWL games now. Only one I'm still waiting on is FUEL which will probably never get fixed :(

No love for Universe At War? :v:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Logan 5 posted:

The loyalty discount was only for the preorder, and since the game came out at 10 PST that's over. Sorry bud.
Eh, it's mostly just confusing since the soundtrack still has a discount but oh well, guess I'll wait till Christmas to get it for cheaper.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
Bulletstorm still has GFWL right?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
^^^^^
Oh that too.

Convex posted:

Nope, Burnout Paradise is still there. If only they added all the console DLC, too...

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

deadly_pudding posted:

Far Cry 4 comes out in a couple of weeks and is looking pretty good. New environment and lots of AI fixes. Stealth combat actually seems viable now.

If you enjoyed 3 at all you should consider picking it up, or at least wishlist it for Christmas sale.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I picked up Sir, You Are Being Hunted during the halloween sale, and just tried it out, and holy poo poo does this game ooze atmosphere. I wish it was a bit easier to figure out where exactly all the random plot device stones are, but it's a really tense and fun game, and the first stealth game i've played where the enemies actually have realistic sight and hearing. Please buy the game, in the next sale.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Terminally Bored posted:

Nope, Burnout Paradise is still there. If only they added all the console DLC, too...

I have it on Steam and Origin and neither of those have GFWL, is that just a thing for retail copies maybe?

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Banished is $10. How is it?

Jerusalem posted:

Hey did you buy XCOM on sale awhile ago and not get around to ever playing it because you're a dumb idiot who is stupid and dumb, like me?

Well you should play it and not be dumb like I was, because it's really drat good and a lot of fun.

The thing that's holding me back is, should I get Enemy Within first?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

The thing that's holding me back is, should I get Enemy Within first?

Play the base game first I'd say. Enemy Within adds a lot, but the base game is solid enough on its own and it's best to get used to it before EW adds its own quirks.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Terminally Bored posted:

Burnout Paradise is on EA's online stuff.

I agree the DLC would have been nice to have on PC, though.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Freak Futanari posted:

I picked up Sir, You Are Being Hunted during the halloween sale, and just tried it out, and holy poo poo does this game ooze atmosphere. I wish it was a bit easier to figure out where exactly all the random plot device stones are,

In case you haven't figured it out, follow the blue firefly things. Or maybe they've made that mechanic a bit more obvious since I played.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!
Eldritch

Also another Teleglitch for anyone too lazy to sign up for a free copy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Emperor
Oct 30, 2009

I took this one, thanks!

The game always looked nifty.

• Locked thread