Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

i think we found a winner for "most metal champion yet"

Everyone always forgets poor Mordekaiser. :(

Needs an Eeyoredekaiser skin.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Stefan Prodan posted:

Of course he's a stripper! Look how hot he is!!

I know he is hot, but he's not in a stripper costume like Officer Vi and Caitlyn are! :colbert:

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

chumbler posted:

Mueretekaiser hue hue hue.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Artificer posted:

Could use someone who just wants to bring joy to the world or something. And bakes muffins.

Braum is pretty happy.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I'm so excited for Kalista cause I have a dedicated adc duo you guys have no idea.

Gonna make him buy that blood moon skin too cause it's kickin' rad.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

chumbler posted:

he may be a suit of metal but that doesn't make him loving metal man

like come on chumbler

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Luna Was Here posted:

like come on chumbler

Also Battlecast Skarner needs to keep dancing/singing so Cho can lay down the rump rattling beats! Pretty sure the dance looks like Johnny 5 doing the robot!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

like come on chumbler

Well his own attacks damage him, so I think he is in fact Metal Man.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
No, it makes him an idiot

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

chumbler posted:

Well his own attacks damage him, so I think he is in fact Metal Man.

yeah but theres nothing like super crazy about them

like if everytime he used his abilties it was obvious that it damaged him like on his model slightly that would easily put him at number one but instead hes just this boring suit of armor with weird pieces of metal around him

like he doesn't rip a spear out of him and loving kill someone else with it and then resurrect them to be their bitch which is what kalista does

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Braum is pretty happy.

Oh. That's true. All the more reason for me to buy him once I get 2.3k more IP then.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Something of note: that S@20 link also data-mined the current range on the pull on Kalista's ult, it's 1400 units.

For comparison, Nocturne's ult at first rank has a range of 2000 units.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Not as powerful as I expected it would be, with the lack of cancellation. You'll have to be very careful with choosing when to attack lest you get caught in her very long windup.

Sounds like it'll be very funny to abuse while trading in bot lane though. Click to harass, click backwards, they can't respond more than once. You'll probably want to pop them while they're in middle of animation so they can't actually react at all.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Killed By Death posted:

Something of note: that S@20 link also data-mined the current range on the pull on Kalista's ult, it's 1400 units.

For comparison, Nocturne's ult at first rank has a range of 2000 units.

Galio is going to need a Dunkmaster skin.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I know we have a few Diamond marksman goons in here. Stiknork? What do you think of Kalista?

Legacyspy
Oct 25, 2008

Got it!

Pretty much spammed AP Soraka every game. Sight stone -> mobis -> mejais -> rabadons.

Its very strong. Basically it allows you to catch your teammates when they make mistakes, when they would have died. Creating or maintaining a lead. It allows you to easily get objectives afterwards. It turns 1 for 1s into 0 for 1s. Her global ult allows you to turn mid lane/top lane fights. Turn enemy dives or prevent your allies dives from failing. The enemy bot lane never capitalized on my lack of an ult so I did not fear burning it for top or mid lane.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Okay so I played a bit of Kallista on PBE. poo poo is wild. CertainlyT has done it again. The passive is bonkers. As an old AoS hand not being able to cancel autos is WEIRD AS poo poo but then you realize "oh, whenever I would do a normal aa cancel->move, I'm instead doing a dash" it becomes really intuitive (if you were used to orb walking in dota n poo poo anyways). Then you are loving spider man leaping all over the goddam place, it's nuts. Like, you can dash EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU AUTO (or Q)! Think about that! She makes Vayne look like a piece of statuary.

The Q is fun and it procs all your other stuff, (it's similar to Nida spear but it has a short cast time and not quite the same range, it also pierces if it kills its target, which is kinda neat) including your passive, W, and E (their passives).

Her W has a 60cd on the ghost but lasts a long time and has a pretty long range, it can also store charges, it's a great move. The ghosts only see in front of them but if they see a champ they get pissed and follow it around. The passive on W does 12% max hp magic damage (with a minimum of 100 to creeps, it has no scaling aside from it being max hp damage) at rank 1, so it's a not-insignificant amount of damage if you and your Oathsworn can proc it a lot. It basically means you will be using the Black Spear on your support (unless you are doing some weird top-lane Kalista poo poo or something).

Her E is neat, the reset on kill and super low mana cost mean it's a great cs tool (oh missed that cs? NOT ANYMORE!). The base damage and slow is a little low but you can stack the spears infinitely (as many as you can fit in 4 seconds anyways, they expire individually after 4 seconds) for 20% bonus damage per spear. The visual effect is cool, you turn your target into a pincushion full of ghost javelins then rip them out.

The ult has a fairly short range for calling in your Oathsworn (bit less than a screen) but calls them in instantly. The dash is pretty short range as well, but has a nice aoe on the knockup. Ult does no damage.

I think she will be strong (she is a CertainlyT champ after all), you can't have that much mobility and not be. Her damage is a little low in lane if you can't proc her W a lot, so I suspect you will see a lot of ranged supports with her, although she does all in pretty well. Janna and Thresh are probably insane with her. I'm not sure if you will max Q or E, E is probably better for trading but Q can do a lot of damage. Q is interesting in that it activates her passive without requiring a target, so it can act as a pseudo mobility move, cast Q and dash. She will have a really high execution requirement to be played well, your APM has to be bonkers to take advantage of the passive. The passive is going to also give really mechanically proficient ADC players conniptions, because it totally messes with normal A-Click, Right Click, A-Click kiting. Once they learn her the highlight reels are gonna be nuts though, if she's played.

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014

Legacyspy posted:

Pretty much spammed AP Soraka every game.

Wow, congrats! And here I was thinking Soraka's lack of hard CC would make her undesirable in higher ELOs. That's really cool to hear!

AttackBacon posted:

She will have a really high execution requirement to be played well, your APM has to be bonkers to take advantage of the passive.

Ohhh. :(

That's really disappointing to hear. I guess she's not very strong unless you're Gold+?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
No, just practice.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Legacyspy posted:

Got it!

Pretty much spammed AP Soraka every game. Sight stone -> mobis -> mejais -> rabadons.

Its very strong. Basically it allows you to catch your teammates when they make mistakes, when they would have died. Creating or maintaining a lead. It allows you to easily get objectives afterwards. It turns 1 for 1s into 0 for 1s. Her global ult allows you to turn mid lane/top lane fights. Turn enemy dives or prevent your allies dives from failing. The enemy bot lane never capitalized on my lack of an ult so I did not fear burning it for top or mid lane.

what sort of runes/masteries are you running?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I think Kalista's story fits in pretty well due to the fact that everyone in the League is out for revenge. She's not just another "I'm angry" archetype, but rather more like a spirit of betrayal. While she was betrayed she's not out to get vengeance, she's out to help other people get it. She offers the thing they want most, at a price.

That price being an immediate spear through the thoracic cavity, apparently.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

xeose4 posted:

Ohhh. :(

That's really disappointing to hear. I guess she's not very strong unless you're Gold+?

Hmm, it all depends. Are you comfortable clicking after every single auto attack you make? It's an APM (actions per minute) thing more than a difficulty thing (although a high APM requirement could be considered a difficulty thing I guess). She probably does have a higher difficulty curve than the average ADC, but keep in mind that sometimes you just *click* with a champion. I can't play Ahri to save my life but I'm pretty good with LeBlanc and Syndra, which I think many people would consider harder than Ahri. Similarly I'm a trash Vayne but Kalista clicked fairly well with me. The passive is very different than anything that currently exists, but it's definitely something you can learn, especially if you are already comfortable with aa canceling. Also, to be honest, below Gold you don't really *need* to be playing a champion optimally to do just fine. Hopefully that doesn't come off as condescending, I meant it encouragingly haha!

I guess let me put it this way, I wouldn't recommend Kalista to a newer player or someone unfamiliar with the role. But if you really like her design, I'd say just go for it, she's still an ADC at the end of the day and as long as you have a basic grasp on zoning and positioning and can right click you can play the role. Not to say ADC is easy, just that it has a lower barrier to entry than say, Jungle, or Mid.

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014

AttackBacon posted:

Hmm, it all depends. Are you comfortable clicking after every single auto attack you make? It's an APM (actions per minute) thing more than a difficulty thing (although a high APM requirement could be considered a difficulty thing I guess). She probably does have a higher difficulty curve than the average ADC, but keep in mind that sometimes you just *click* with a champion. I can't play Ahri to save my life but I'm pretty good with LeBlanc and Syndra, which I think many people would consider harder than Ahri. Similarly I'm a trash Vayne but Kalista clicked fairly well with me. The passive is very different than anything that currently exists, but it's definitely something you can learn, especially if you are already comfortable with aa canceling. Also, to be honest, below Gold you don't really *need* to be playing a champion optimally to do just fine. Hopefully that doesn't come off as condescending, I meant it encouragingly haha!

I guess let me put it this way, I wouldn't recommend Kalista to a newer player or someone unfamiliar with the role. But if you really like her design, I'd say just go for it, she's still an ADC at the end of the day and as long as you have a basic grasp on zoning and positioning and can right click you can play the role. Not to say ADC is easy, just that it has a lower barrier to entry than say, Jungle, or Mid.

Well, the problem is that I was really into Vayne when I started playing because I liked her design and lore, but after lurking this thread and reading up on her, the consensus seems to be that you need a lot of mechanical skill to be good with her (since most of her damage comes from auto-attacks), so I gave up on her. I didn't want to spend a truckload of IP on Kalista just to end up similarly disappointed (especially since my orbwalking is terrible and I need a ton of practise cancelling autoattacks).

But I suppose that the free mobility from her passive makes her more forgiving of mistakes, and she might be good for teaching people how to kite.

xeose4 fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Nov 5, 2014

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Kalista's kit + debut skin makes her a first day bundle buy for me, like Jinx was. Love the skin way more than her original.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Quite a few people will say she's a bad champion because they will constantly jump back and miss cs as a result.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Man, I try really hard to not get frustrated with this game and just have fun with it but it has been tough the past few days. Because my friends and I have a ranked 5s team with very few games, we still get games against people in their placements. Tonight that culminated in one game against three diamond players and two high plats (our team is two low golds, a bronze 1, and two low plats). I tried to take the high road and just was happy that we didn't give up botlane kills and I only lost by like 20 cs but then this loving game.

That Jayce was loving ranked 106 in Challenger at the time of the game. The botlane matchup was a lot easier but they also had a diamond 5 amumu running around. Overall their team skill was lower than the diamond/plat team but the game felt just as futile. 4 of our last 5 games have been against diamond/plat/challenger(!) players in their placements and it's just not very fun. :( I just want to get my friends their wards.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

AttackBacon posted:

Hmm, it all depends. Are you comfortable clicking after every single auto attack you make? I

doesnt everyone do this now? two years ago there were stationary people but i cant remember the last person that wasnt clicking 2-3 times a second to maintain a rhythm

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013
I need a new AP mid for the (rare) occasions I get stuck there. I just got up to 6300 ip, who should I pick up and why?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
one of the ones you dont play, or own, i guess

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Depends on how comfortable you are with your mechanics. Mid lane is easily the most micro intensive lane and a lot of champs really need someone deft behind the wheel to get a lot of mileage out of. I'd recommend Azir or Zed if you're up to the challenge, or Syndra or Ziggs if you're looking for something a bit more straightforward to play.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Syndra is easy, fun, and does a fuckton of damage. Ignore people who say rush a deathfire, get chalice and then win lane, or alternatively lose lane and 1 hit their adc anyway.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
So "UMB Nigha", the only Lucian player I've ever seen build LW first, just called me poo poo and the reason we lost the game because I got successfully ganked 2 twice.

I don't fell bad about losing this game as long as I know he's losing too.

EDIT: gently caress, I got demoted to Silver 5 because of it :(

EDIT2: Also, Saucy, if that's you in the LLJK OCE channel, read it and take the skin code!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Everyone please consult my new "Bot Lane Communication and Success" guide that I've written with Kalista's upcoming release.

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014

NTT posted:

Everyone please consult my new "Bot Lane Communication and Success" guide that I've written with Kalista's upcoming release.

We all know he was just looking for an excuse.

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013

NTT posted:

Depends on how comfortable you are with your mechanics. Mid lane is easily the most micro intensive lane and a lot of champs really need someone deft behind the wheel to get a lot of mileage out of. I'd recommend Azir or Zed if you're up to the challenge, or Syndra or Ziggs if you're looking for something a bit more straightforward to play.

My mechanics are pretty hit or miss, I'm a slightly over aggressive mid silver player and prone to getting flustered when I make stupid mistakes. Azir looks crazy fun but I'd probably be better off with Syndra

Legacyspy
Oct 25, 2008

Rudager posted:

So "UMB Nigha", the only Lucian player I've ever seen build LW first, just called me poo poo and the reason we lost the game because I got successfully ganked 2 twice.

EDIT2: Also, Saucy, if that's you in the LLJK OCE channel, read it and take the skin code!

Just a heads up. You might want to stop playing ranked until next Wednesday. If you happen to go on a loss streak you might get demoted to bronze and miss out on your silver rewards.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Rudager posted:

I'm doppody in game. I'll log in, can you copy paste it to me?

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I think Kalista's story fits in pretty well due to the fact that everyone in the League is out for revenge. She's not just another "I'm angry" archetype, but rather more like a spirit of betrayal. While she was betrayed she's not out to get vengeance, she's out to help other people get it. She offers the thing they want most, at a price.

That price being an immediate spear through the thoracic cavity, apparently.

Listening to her voice files she has unique line for almost every champion with betrayal or vengeance in there back story. She absolutely hates Cassiopeia, Karthus, Twister Fate, and Lissandra, tries to tempt Graves into swearing a packed with her, and takes pity on Varus for choosing the wrong spirit of vengeance to swear allegiance to.

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014

Vorpal Cat posted:

Listening to her voice files she has unique line for almost every champion with betrayal or vengeance in there back story. She absolutely hates Cassiopeia, Karthus, Twister Fate, and Lissandra, tries to tempt Graves into swearing a packed with her, and takes pity on Varus for choosing the wrong spirit of vengeance to swear allegiance to.

Listening to her audio files, she sounds even older than the oldest female champ we have thus far (Lissandra, early- to mid-thirties). She definitely sounds mid-forties to mid-fifties, which almost puts her into the "little old lady" champion we wanted.

Holy poo poo, the sheer anger that the voice actress pours into "BLEED, BETRAYER! :black101:" is commendable. She did an amazing job.

She also refers to herself as "we", which strikes me as odd because I thought at first she meant herself and her Oathsworn. One of her lines is "We... I, must remember." Which strikes me as particularly interesting. Given her joke and Sentinel ability, she seems to be a host of spirits led by the strongest will (Kalista's).

Hearing her taunts to Lissandra and Karthus, she doesn't seem to hate them with the same passion as she does Cassiopea and Twisted Fate. She seems to hold Karthus as a fool toying with powers beyond his ken, and Lissandra as a deceiver (not a betrayer). Also, it seems that the Ruined King (of BotRK fame) is her original betrayer, judging from her dialogue.

Her most badass line: "The Baron. Must. Die."

xeose4 fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Nov 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Man, I try really hard to not get frustrated with this game and just have fun with it but it has been tough the past few days. Because my friends and I have a ranked 5s team with very few games, we still get games against people in their placements. Tonight that culminated in one game against three diamond players and two high plats (our team is two low golds, a bronze 1, and two low plats). I tried to take the high road and just was happy that we didn't give up botlane kills and I only lost by like 20 cs but then this loving game.

That Jayce was loving ranked 106 in Challenger at the time of the game. The botlane matchup was a lot easier but they also had a diamond 5 amumu running around. Overall their team skill was lower than the diamond/plat team but the game felt just as futile. 4 of our last 5 games have been against diamond/plat/challenger(!) players in their placements and it's just not very fun. :( I just want to get my friends their wards.

If you have room I'd like to play with you again

• Locked thread