Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
You could probably watch the whole Bellator card and then switch over in time to catch Werdum-Hunt. With Lauzon out, the only really intriguing fight on the 180 undercard is Lamas-Bermudez. Of course, if you're not sitting at home watching streamz like a nerd, that may be harder to pull off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Well I was going to go to Bellator live but I don't know that I'd want to try to get out of Sports Arena traffic and go to a bar right after.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Does Bellator draw enough people to cause traffic?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

attackmole posted:

Does Bellator draw enough people to cause traffic?

Bellator's #1 strength is getting local fighters to sell tickets to local shows, they do okay.

Plus this is a genuinely okay main card

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

Yeah, the kickboxing instructor from my gym is on this card, and Bellator's marketing made him a nice version of the poster with him in the co-main spot. I'm sure every local fighter has his own.

I'm not going on Saturday, so I can watch both cards at a bar, but apparently there's an official event at Dave and Buster's on the Friday night before, featuring Royce, Randy Couture and some others that I'm thinking about going to. I'll try and get pics.

eshock fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 5, 2014

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

that's...unfortunate

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Unfortunate that an athlete got an athletic wear sponsorship?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
'athlete'

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Yuriy posted:

that's...unfortunate

Despite the home school kid hairdo she looks fitter than she has in a while. Good for her.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

congrats to cody mckenzie on his weird bra sponsorship

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Why do dorky people always insist on haircuts where every single strand of hair is cropped off at the exact same point relative to the bottom of their head? A proper haircut and new glasses would 200% undorkify that picture.

That said, I'm glad she's getting new sponsors. It must be tough for female fighters to scrape out a living on just show and win money.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Why do dorky people always insist on haircuts where every single strand of hair is cropped off at the exact same point relative to the bottom of their head? A proper haircut and new glasses would 200% undorkify that picture.

If she's not cutting it herself she's getting it done at the cheapest possible place, which are both popular choices for people with no money/taste.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Fight week starts early with a day of Thursday fights

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2381521/This-Week-in-MMACombat-Sports---Nov-6th---9th

EFC at 10:15 Eastern and Tachi Palace Fights tonight at 9 PM eastern.

The former should be on Fight Network and as soon as I find a stream, I'll have it up here. The latter will be on Sherdog as usual.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I just don't get the number of MMA fighters (ladies especially but guys too) who keep their long rear end hair. My fiancee is a metalhead and likes the look, I'm poor, and hate medium length so I put up with it but it's pretty goddamn annoying other than that.

I can't imagine trying to deal with it if moving and grappling were my bread and butter. To say nothing about the advantages you're granting an opponent in certain spots.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I just don't get the number of MMA fighters (ladies especially but guys too) who keep their long rear end hair. My fiancee is a metalhead and likes the look, I'm poor, and hate medium length so I put up with it but it's pretty goddamn annoying other than that.

I can't imagine trying to deal with it if moving and grappling were my bread and butter. To say nothing about the advantages you're granting an opponent in certain spots.

if I was a fighter I'd shave my head and get cool flame tattoos so people I'm not to be hosed with.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I've often thought if I was really serious about being a fighter I might get a difficult math problem or something tatted on my chest for a possible slight advantage. I figure that's what McGregor was thinking.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I've often thought if I was really serious about being a fighter I might get a difficult math problem or something tatted on my chest for a possible slight advantage. I figure that's what McGregor was thinking.

Magic Eye puzzle

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Intel, Rd 2 TKO (crossed eyes instead of just relaxing them)

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

http://severemma.com/2014/11/exclusive-stream-efc-35-peter-queally-vs-francois-kabulu-live/

Found a EFC stream!

B-league mma, chitchat in #mma blah blah balh

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

freud mayweather posted:

congrats to cody mckenzie on his weird bra sponsorship

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Tachi Palace Fights - http://www.sherdog.com/events/TPF-21-All-or-Nothing-39459 9 PM ET

Stream on sherdog, come watch fights including a 8-1 Team Alpha Male prospect

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Haircuts are an oft overlooked aspect of fight preparation.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Goddamn, Lagrange died to those elbows

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

A man just sat down and quit mid round due to exhaustion/dehydration

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

One FC is live

http://tv-msn.com/eiparceria.html

Yuriy fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 7, 2014

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

http://gfycat.com/ClutteredImmaterialFurseal

So far, mostly finishes

Submission to strikes one here: http://gfycat.com/ClutteredImmaterialFurseal

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Bakhtiyar Abbasov (12-3) vs. Luis Santos (60-9-1)

Sapo Santos with soccer kicks coming on in a few minutes

corillon
Jun 18, 2004

When you giggle you leak piss.
Grimey Drawer
Heading to RFA 20 in Denver tonight. MY wife and daughter recently started training with Gilbert so we are going to go cheer him on.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/gilbert-smith-believes-rfa-20-victory-would-put-ufc-return-in-his-sights

This will be our first live event, looking forward to it.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

http://gfycat.com/CelebratedTimelyIndianhare

holy head/soccer kicks batman

god i love onefc

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the frame rate is unwatchable so i stopped. who got soccer kicked so far

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the frame rate is unwatchable so i stopped. who got soccer kicked so far

Just the one above, many many finishes but that's the only soccer kick.

Main event coming up

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

The main event was 17 seconds long

http://gfycat.com/UnselfishShimmeringAcornwoodpecker

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Looking forward to the WSOF next weekend. Its local so just about every fight on the undercard has a guy from my gym, should be pretty cool.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

M-1's heavyweight champ Guram Gugenishvili has apparently died in a car accident :(

BrianPhillips
May 10, 2006

Marcus Brimage would be proud.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Win a fight first, goof.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
She did :ssh:

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

It was an awesome freakshow like fight iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

willie_dee posted:

It was an awesome freakshow like fight iirc

Goofy smiling weeaboo vs matronly librarian. Both used a strategy of randomly alternating punches and hugs, to condition a state of stockholm syndrome into the opponent.