Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

duffmensch posted:

You should be able to get rich quickly just by hitting abandoned bases with full collectors and using archers and giants (or some goblins if you want). At your level it's cheap to hit next until you get a free 120+ base.

That's what I'm currently doing. I just feel like the towers rip through my army like tissue paper, and that there's gotta be something I'm doing wrong when I go up against them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Nope that's about right. Just hit bases where the resources are in collectors outside the walls or storages within the first line of walls, and overwhelm defenses with sheer numbers.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Skip the giants and bring 30 more barbarians and archers.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

gromdul posted:

Skip the giants and bring 30 more barbarians and archers.

I tend to go for the giants because I find that lots of people put their mortars and wizard towers near the edges of their bases at this level, and the giants run for those first, which both distracts said defenses, and hopefully gets them taken out. I find my barbs tend to split up and get killed, but then again, I could also be dumb when it comes to picking spawn points, and I'm not taking advantage of how the mob pathing ai works.

Hammy
May 26, 2006
umop apisdn
At TH5 you get an upgrade for your archers and barbs so they're ok, but everything else is bad...one lightning spell, level one wizards...not much use.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
The one true army composition is archers, all archers.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Nope that's about right. Just hit bases where the resources are in collectors outside the walls or storages within the first line of walls, and overwhelm defenses with sheer numbers.

Still doing this in crystal at th9.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

2LEGIT2LIFT has one opening. Please join soon, because we get about 20 foreign clan requests per hour.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Yes please join! We have weedlord!
(think you need to try that clan war trick next time Bob :p)

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Hammy posted:

At TH5 you get an upgrade for your archers and barbs so they're ok, but everything else is bad...one lightning spell, level one wizards...not much use.

Level 2 wizards actually. I'm still a TH5 (though 3 days until my TH6 finishes).

My farming strategy for TH5 was very very simple.
2 different army compositions

1.) 135 level 3 barbarians. Click Next as many times until you can get both 100k+ resources and the collectors are outside the base and are reasonably full. Send in 5-10 barbs at each collector. Splash damage won't be as bad as your barbs are spreadout. Obviously barbs will try other structures as well, so don't send too many until those other structures are out of the way. Try to place them as close to the collectors.

I spent 3 full days with this strategy and collected more than 3-4 million resources. kept all 4 of my builders busy. And if I got raided, they barely got anything off me, as my storages were protected and collectors were empty. I could attack every 15 minutes or so, as long as my barracks were always queue with Barbs.

2.) 5 Wall Breakers, 12 Giants, 15 Goblins, 15 Barbs, 35 Archers. Again, I would click next until I saw 100k+ resources available. Then as long as the walls were gold or less and hopefully just a square around their village, and the collectors were close to the outside, they were fair game. Barbs first to draw out any Clan Castle troops, and to draw the mortar(s) attention. Then giants and wall breakers close tot heir defensive structures. Primarily mortars and cannons and wizard towers, leaving archers and air defense last (if possible). Once walls were down, send in the goblins and archers.

I'd end up getting 3 stars quite often with this, but took longer to build and spent more elixor. I didn't want the trophies yet either. This was my first strategy and then switched to 135 barb strategy. once I made the switch, that's when the money started rolling in and I upgraded my walls to gold in 1 day.

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
Going to give the dragonfly (penis) base from the OP a shot for clan war. Curious to see how it holds up.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Boywunda posted:

Level 2 wizards actually. I'm still a TH5 (though 3 days until my TH6 finishes).

My farming strategy for TH5 was very very simple.
2 different army compositions

1.) 135 level 3 barbarians. Click Next as many times until you can get both 100k+ resources and the collectors are outside the base and are reasonably full. Send in 5-10 barbs at each collector. Splash damage won't be as bad as your barbs are spreadout. Obviously barbs will try other structures as well, so don't send too many until those other structures are out of the way. Try to place them as close to the collectors.

I spent 3 full days with this strategy and collected more than 3-4 million resources. kept all 4 of my builders busy. And if I got raided, they barely got anything off me, as my storages were protected and collectors were empty. I could attack every 15 minutes or so, as long as my barracks were always queue with Barbs.

2.) 5 Wall Breakers, 12 Giants, 15 Goblins, 15 Barbs, 35 Archers. Again, I would click next until I saw 100k+ resources available. Then as long as the walls were gold or less and hopefully just a square around their village, and the collectors were close to the outside, they were fair game. Barbs first to draw out any Clan Castle troops, and to draw the mortar(s) attention. Then giants and wall breakers close tot heir defensive structures. Primarily mortars and cannons and wizard towers, leaving archers and air defense last (if possible). Once walls were down, send in the goblins and archers.

I'd end up getting 3 stars quite often with this, but took longer to build and spent more elixor. I didn't want the trophies yet either. This was my first strategy and then switched to 135 barb strategy. once I made the switch, that's when the money started rolling in and I upgraded my walls to gold in 1 day.

I've been trying the barb-only strategy most of today. It works somewhat ok, but I guess I don't understand AI pathing and proper troop spawning well enough because I can never seem to get them to go after what I want. I'm gonna try a half barb, half gob approach for a bit and see how that goes. Maybe I can use the barbs to open up holes, then flood that area with gobs.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

neogeo0823 posted:

I've been trying the barb-only strategy most of today. It works somewhat ok, but I guess I don't understand AI pathing and proper troop spawning well enough because I can never seem to get them to go after what I want. I'm gonna try a half barb, half gob approach for a bit and see how that goes. Maybe I can use the barbs to open up holes, then flood that area with gobs.

I do 130 Archers and 70 Barbs. I use the "2 finger deployment" method to ring the entire base with Barbs, then I do the same with Archers. I can pretty much regularly 50% every base and get all the collectors emptied.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I've currently only got 120 capacity.I've been working on upgrading defenses, but I should really work on upgrading the camps more.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

nexous posted:

This ia pretty much the only reason I play.

#throwback #dalnet #finalfantasy

Sup dude

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
:siren: Melt Down #22UJJYPY :siren: Has decided to open the floodgates and do bigger wars. Previously we were only allowing our top 20 in war and as we progressed and got better so did our opponents (duh). We're up to 30 man wars but will most likely bump it up next war. TH8+ is preferred. Mention "woodab" (me the semi-rushed TH10) in your request. We do constant wars and the only expectation is to use both your war attacks and not be a failtard. 48 war wins!

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

ixo posted:

2Poor was having a big problem with uneven/unfair matchups in clan wars, as evidenced by my shrill whiny posting a bunch of pages ago. Someone mentioned a rumor that the clan wars search feature expands the search as time goes by without a match found. The way to avoid this is to not allow the search to continue for any longer than 5 minutes, stopping and starting it again after a 1-2 minute wait. In a massive sample size of three this appears to be at least partially true. It's a bit of a pain in the rear end and sometimes makes searching for a war take 30 minutes or more, but we've had almost perfectly fair matchups three times in a row now. If any of you guys are getting matched against clans with way higher average TH level, give it a try and let me know if it works or if we're just plugging placebos in our anuses over here.

So the last few couple wars we've been outmatched by 500-2000 points. I gave it a shot this war and we're matched up against a clan that's within a hundred of us. It looks like it worked but it could also be confirmation bias :shrug:

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

padijun posted:

So the last few couple wars we've been outmatched by 500-2000 points. I gave it a shot this war and we're matched up against a clan that's within a hundred of us. It looks like it worked but it could also be confirmation bias :shrug:

It works, but their matching system is so bad that even cancelling won't always help.

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.
fwiw, plenty of games-- WoW comes to mind first-- use that system for matchmaking

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Blinkman987 posted:

fwiw, plenty of games-- WoW comes to mind first-- use that system for matchmaking

Yeah exactly, that's why we started trying it out. It's not unreasonable to think it works. It also has a lot to do with the time you queue up it seems.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
Having trouble finding a good army composition to attack with consistently when farming.

My TH is level 7, and my Barbs/Archers/Goblins/Giants are all level 3. I feel like if I go Barch, I get destroyed, mass goblins I lose trophies on and get matched up with garbage bases, and mass giants with heals is very expensive and lengthy to train.

Should I just be adding 20 or so goblins when Barching to snag resources fast once the walls are broken ?

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004

Psikotik posted:

Having trouble finding a good army composition to attack with consistently when farming.

My TH is level 7, and my Barbs/Archers/Goblins/Giants are all level 3. I feel like if I go Barch, I get destroyed, mass goblins I lose trophies on and get matched up with garbage bases, and mass giants with heals is very expensive and lengthy to train.

Should I just be adding 20 or so goblins when Barching to snag resources fast once the walls are broken ?

Everyone's BARCHing comp is different, but it should be mostly Barbs and Archers, with some Goblins(20-50) and wallbreakers(4-10) thrown in. You cannot get to the core of a base with BARCHing (unless it's a really lovely base). You need to be looking for full collectors that are outside the walls or just inside the first layer of walls. Upgrading your barbs and archers ASAP will of course help with this, but you will also need to press "Next" a lot (like, 20 minutes and 100,000 gold a lot) until you find a good base. Not every time of course, but you need to be prepared to do it.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Psikotik posted:

Don't use gobs, use like 4 WBs and upgrade your barch (big difference from 3-4 iirc). Just keep hitting next and keep at it, you'll get the hang of it eventually. There really is no better strat

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
by definition barch is just barbarians and archers just u know. i've been using 50-50 archers and barbs for a looong time and it's worked for me. also :f5: next

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Nauta posted:

by definition barch is just barbarians and archers just u know. i've been using 50-50 archers and barbs for a looong time and it's worked for me. also :f5: next

yeah my next button is maxed out since i've been putting so much gold into upgrading it.

Spergs are cruising to a war win but I still have two attacks. I want to try out GiWiPe for experience. Anyone have a strategy description? I can't watch youtube at work.

My levels are:
Giants: 5
Wizards: 5
Pekka: 1
WB: 4
Barch: 5

what spells do I use at TH8? Three heal?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Which one of you...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2825033/US-carpet-fitter-abuse-girl-14-groomed-Clash-Clans-online-game.html

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

Booties posted:

yeah my next button is maxed out since i've been putting so much gold into upgrading it.

Spergs are cruising to a war win but I still have two attacks. I want to try out GiWiPe for experience. Anyone have a strategy description? I can't watch youtube at work.

My levels are:
Giants: 5
Wizards: 5
Pekka: 1
WB: 4
Barch: 5

what spells do I use at TH8? Three heal?

The exact composition of any gowi* (or giwi*) attack isn't as critical as how you deploy. Watch videos when you're able to but the steps are:

1- lure & kill the cc
2- space tanks evenly along one side
3- draw a line of wizards behind the tanks to kill all trash buildings
4- wallbreakers
5- once the trash is cleared and there's a path to the core, drop pekka/witch/valks and your royals

If you're th8 I would use 2 rage 1 heal. Rage once to accelerate things into the core, rage again inside the core.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

ixo posted:

The exact composition of any gowi* (or giwi*) attack isn't as critical as how you deploy. Watch videos when you're able to but the steps are:

1- lure & kill the cc
2- space tanks evenly along one side
3- draw a line of wizards behind the tanks to kill all trash buildings
4- wallbreakers
5- once the trash is cleared and there's a path to the core, drop pekka/witch/valks and your royals

If you're th8 I would use 2 rage 1 heal. Rage once to accelerate things into the core, rage again inside the core.

Just dump all my wall breakers in one go without losing them to mortars?

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

2poor mascot Vivi delivers another awesome replay for your enjoyment. This time it's a defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ3rsTWGfD4

Edit: A closer look

Gangringo fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 7, 2014

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

Booties posted:

Just dump all my wall breakers in one go without losing them to mortars?

How you deploy wallbreakers depends 100% on the base you decide to attack. Usually you'll have to send them in small groups to pop the outer compartments, then use the first rage spell to get them to speed walk to the core walls.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Gangringo posted:

2poor mascot Vivi delivers another awesome replay for your enjoyment. This time it's a defense.

I love valks :allears:

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc

Gangringo posted:

Holy poo poo

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
My pekka attack did not go well at aaaaaall......

nephyx
Jun 20, 2006

"Purges"
-Adolf Twerkel
Edit: I love clash of clans it's a very good game. I like to play it.

nephyx fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 7, 2014

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

This looks an awful lot like the same thing that was already posted on this page of the thread.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

A few of us in 2poor thought it'd be better to reference a twitter account to talk smack during wars. So I threw this together, taking suggestions for general goonery: https://twitter.com/2poor4gems

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Congrats on stooping to Reddit's level.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

TraderStav posted:

A few of us in 2poor thought it'd be better to reference a twitter account to talk smack during wars. So I threw this together, taking suggestions for general goonery: https://twitter.com/2poor4gems

Only use it to quote scripture to your enemies

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

padijun posted:

Only use it to quote scripture to your enemies

I love the idea but that would require me to learn scripture and well, gently caress that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

TraderStav posted:

I love the idea but that would require me to learn scripture and well, gently caress that.

http://www.bibledice.com/