Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD!!!
This poll is closed.
MORE BLOOD!!!!!!! BLOOD OWNSZSSSSSS!!!!! 27 14.44%
BLOOD YEAH OHHH YEAH ooooo YEAA!!! 28 14.97%
132 70.59%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Thauros posted:

You're not supposed to remember that though. His gimmick is "Russian" not "Bulgarian turncoat", and we're just supposed to ignore/forget the early days of his gimmick.

They don't forget that part of his character, though. He's constantly referred to as "The Bulgarian Brute", not "The Russian -whatever-". They've always been very conscious of keeping in mind that he's Bulgarian, not Russian, and that he's just fighting on the side of/in the name of Russia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Russia and Bulgaria are basically the same thing anyway

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Phenix Rising posted:

They don't forget that part of his character, though. He's constantly referred to as "The Bulgarian Brute", not "The Russian -whatever-". They've always been very conscious of keeping in mind that he's Bulgarian, not Russian, and that he's just fighting on the side of/in the name of Russia.

The announcers also refer to Rusev as residing in Moscow, not from Moscow.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Lana is the real heel because she's Russian and controlling him. I don't doubt that he will eventually break free from her control and be the honorable Bulgarian who loves America.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I dread the day of rusev comedy skits as a face

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Lana is the real heel because she's Russian and controlling him. I don't doubt that he will eventually break free from her control and be the honorable Bulgarian who loves America.

I remember when Nikita Koloff threw off the shackles of oppression and proclaimed his love for America. It was awesome. I also remember when Nikolai Volkoff threw off the shackles of oppression and declared his love for America. It was poo poo.

It could go either way.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I've been watching WWE as if Rusev was a babyface and John Cena was a whiny heel like Kurt Angle was and I have to say the product makes a lot more sense.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Anyway the point of my post was less to discuss the merits of Nickelback (or lack thereof) and more how loving hilariously ironic the song choice is.
My favorite inappropriate song choice for a PPV is the Puddle Of Mudd "I miss the way you look at me, I miss the way you smack my rear end" song (it was for another Survivor Series, oddly enough). I think they always cut around that part in the video packages but it's still hilarious to me that they bothered to use that song in the first place.

Also Survivor Series 2003 (huh), which used a deep cut by Limp Bizkit that sang about patience and forgiveness.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Nov 7, 2014

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
As of Survivor Series, John Cena will have been in the WWE World Title picture in 9 of the last 12 PPVs. This is getting parodic

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I've been watching NXT, Lucha Underground and some old school Raw recently and I'm really starting to think that my absolute biggest problem with Raw is the length of it. One hour seems to be the perfect length for a wrestling show for me and three hours is just a huge commitment to watch all at once.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Optimist with doubt posted:

I dread the day of rusev comedy skits as a face

I dunno, Koslov was pretty great

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Just saw JR's comments about Rusev. What a loving idiot... would he cheer for a wrestler that constantly came out and ripped into his precious Oklahoma Sooners each and every week? Probably not.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Biggest human being Ever posted:

When fans chant "What?" at Rusev, do they do it because he's a heel or because they think he's a lame heel? I ask cause they never seem to chant it when Seth Rollins is talking, who I think is a cool heel.

seth rollins promos send them to sleep

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Sebastian Vettel posted:

I've been watching NXT, Lucha Underground and some old school Raw recently and I'm really starting to think that my absolute biggest problem with Raw is the length of it. One hour seems to be the perfect length for a wrestling show for me and three hours is just a huge commitment to watch all at once.

Reminder that Vince/WWE knows this, but they can't resist the piles of money USA gives them for more content. Apparently USA had been bugging them for ages to go to 3 hours until Vince finally gave in.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Spermgod posted:

seth rollins promos send them to sleep

Agreed

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

triplexpac posted:

Reminder that Vince/WWE knows this, but they can't resist the piles of money USA gives them for more content. Apparently USA had been bugging them for ages to go to 3 hours until Vince finally gave in.

USA offered them some stupid amount of money for it and they gave in because the number was just apparently too large to refuse without looking like an idiot.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

triplexpac posted:

It's too bad, because the 3-hour runtime guarantees that I will never pay attention to entire episode of Raw. Either I'll keep it on as background noise while I do something else, or I'll just tune in here and there and maybe try to catch the ending. 3 hours is just asking way too much when there's no telling what the quality will be like week to week. A sub-par episode of a 1-hour show is no big deal, but no one wants to feel like they just wasted 3 hours of precious free time at the beginning of the work week. Wrestling becomes less exciting out of necessity, because there's no way I'm investing as much attention as they demand.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 7, 2014

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Excuse me if this has been brought up a million times and I missed it, but does anybody else expect a triple threat at some point so Lesnar can drop the title? I don't see anybody beating him one-on-one for it, but I could definitely see a Rollins/Cena/Lesnar triple threat or something similar.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Officer Farva posted:

Excuse me if this has been brought up a million times and I missed it, but does anybody else expect a triple threat at some point so Lesnar can drop the title? I don't see anybody beating him one-on-one for it, but I could definitely see a Rollins/Cena/Lesnar triple threat or something similar.

I think we all expect Reigns, Ambrose, or (at this point very unlikely) Bryan to take it from him. I could also buy Rollins doing it on a cash-in.

Comedy (and probably correct) answer: lol Cena winz

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
wwe licensed music reached its peak when they used a go! team track during the 2011 slammy raw.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Officer Farva posted:

beating him without beating him would be incredibly stupid and waste all the effort theyve put into building him up from mania on and i don't think even wwe are that stupid

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Spermgod posted:

beating him without beating him would be incredibly stupid and waste all the effort theyve put into building him up from mania on and i don't think even wwe are that stupid

Gotta keep Brock strong! *beats him in his first match back*

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

I can't wait for The Beast Incarnate: John Cena.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Observer posted:

Patric Laprade at Slam Wrestling reported today that Smackdown will be moving to Wednesday nights from 8-10 p.m. on Sportsnet 360.

Smackdown going head-to-head with NXT in Canada.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

AngryCaterpillar posted:

As of Survivor Series, John Cena will have been in the WWE World Title picture in 9 of the last 12 PPVs. This is getting parodic

on the other hand those 3 PPVs where he wasn't in the title scene involved him burying the Wyatts, so maybe it's better for everyone involved that he stays in the title scene forever.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Blasmeister posted:

on the other hand those 3 PPVs where he wasn't in the title scene involved him burying the Wyatts, so maybe it's better for everyone involved that he stays in the title scene forever.

gently caress the Wyatts. Done with that poo poo. Tired of hearing about Cena burying them. The gimmick was fresh, so they got somewhat over. The gimmick hasn't changed. It sucks and it's stale. Get over it.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

gently caress the Wyatts. Done with that poo poo. Tired of hearing about Cena burying them. The gimmick was fresh, so they got somewhat over. The gimmick hasn't changed. it sucks. Get over it.

You got the WWE booking stockholm syndrome something bad.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yes, ME

THE ONE TO DEFEND WWE BOOKING

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

gently caress the Wyatts. Done with that poo poo. Tired of hearing about Cena burying them. The gimmick was fresh, so they got somewhat over. The gimmick hasn't changed. It sucks and it's stale. Get over it.

Bray Wyatt is cool and fun and is my favorite please be nice to him.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Daniel Bryan posted:

The gimmick's fine, but the wind has totally gone out of its sails and it died the minute Cena pinned Bray at WrestleMania. I'm sorry, but I'm not buying someone as the Eater of Worlds or whatever when the only person he actually goes over is Chris loving Jericho.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I don't buy that he's the Eater of Worlds now that he is no longer a fatass.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Do we even have proof Bray Wyatt eats anything?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Timby posted:

The gimmick's fine, but the wind has totally gone out of its sails and it died the minute Cena pinned Bray at WrestleMania. I'm sorry, but I'm not buying someone as the Eater of Worlds or whatever when the only person he actually goes over is Chris loving Jericho.

jericho beat him too

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bray Wyatt is bad and he is not being saved any time soon.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

WWE dropped the ball with Bray because in his debut match with Kane he needed help from Rowan and Harper and looked like a cowardly heel.

Also whatever happened to the buzzards? Does someone else have his buzzards?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

Yes, ME

THE ONE TO DEFEND WWE BOOKING

You seem to blame the guy when the booking is the problem, is what I am saying. Declaring that because he was thrown into a Cena and Jericho feuds where he was made to look like poo poo and lost all the time while being given the exact same promo material is proof he is bad and deserved to be buried is horrible logic.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 7, 2014

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Umm :stare: ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cih0Ba8fl2s

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

oldpainless posted:

WWE dropped the ball with Bray because in his debut match with Kane he needed help from Rowan and Harper and looked like a cowardly heel.

Also whatever happened to the buzzards? Does someone else have his buzzards?

You have to actually beat some opponents to leave their corpses to attract carrion.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Great White Hope posted:

Do we even have proof Bray Wyatt eats anything?

The pinfall in most of his matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rusev needs to shave his head.

• Locked thread