Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

This is literally the best box art I've ever seen. Holy gently caress is that gorgeous.

What a great game. April are you here yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Four Swords Adventures is the best Zelda game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Spacebump posted:

This would not even be true if the multiplayer worked without each player needing their own Gameboy, but it is a good Zelda game.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

This would not even be true if the multiplayer worked without each player needing their own Gameboy, but it is a good Zelda game.
it would be nice if 4SA got a Wii U sequel or something.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Spacebump posted:

This is at least a more defensible opinion than many others people put forward as the best.

(Lookin' at you Link's Awakening)

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Redo 4SA but on WiiU using the 3ds setup that Smash Bros U is going to have. Easy peasy

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

This is at least a more defensible opinion than many others people put forward as the best.

(Lookin' at you Link's Awakening)

Link's Awakening has a cool bit if desolation at the end. So it gets that.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

If there is a Majora's Mask new 3DS I'm gonna buy that so fast

I'd empty quote this if I could. I'll just be pissed if it's not announced until after the New 3DS is a thing and I have to buy yet another 3DS. Though at that point I think I won't have any system transfers left. :ohdear:

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Sire Oblivion posted:

I'd empty quote this if I could. I'll just be pissed if it's not announced until after the New 3DS is a thing and I have to buy yet another 3DS. Though at that point I think I won't have any system transfers left. :ohdear:

You're in luck, since I'm pretty sure they got rid of the limit of system transfers.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Really? I am set then.

Bring forth the New 3DS.

Bring forth (hopefully) the Majora's Mask Edition New 3DS.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

If there is a Majora's Mask new 3DS I'm gonna buy that so fast

That's it. The last LE 3DS they will make before they announce the New 3DS for NA/EU. gently caress.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Gandalf21 posted:

You're in luck, since I'm pretty sure they got rid of the limit of system transfers.

Yep, there's something like a week-long cool-down between them, but you can transfer as many times as you'd like.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Sire Oblivion posted:

If it's the regular n3ds then there will probably be Majora's mask faceplates for it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sire Oblivion posted:

Whoa really, what does Tatl say?

Something along the lines of "Link, you took care of Ikana Valley but uh... did you like forget about the Zora's or something? They probably still need help..."

The thought of Link just spacing out and forgetting things is funny to me v:shobon:v

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's a new Miiverse update from Aonuma: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKmIuDSagA

quote:

Greetings to everyone in The Legend of Zelda community! Eiji Aonuma from Nintendo here.

Since The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D was announced during the most recent Nintendo Direct, I’ve noticed that many of you have posted your thoughts in this community. Now, I'd like to say a few words for myself about Majora’s Mask 3D, which is planned for release next spring.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D was actually in development almost immediately after we finished working on The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, which was released in June of 2011. So although we’ve been working on the game for quite some time, we didn't want to say it was being developed until we were at a point where we could proudly say that this is not going to be just another remake and that it's going to be worth your time. For a while now, when fans from Japan and around the world would ask me if we were working on a Majora's Mask remake, I would silently plead in my heart, thinking, “Please wait a bit longer!” (laughs).

We’ve spent a lot of time making sure the gameplay experience is smoother than in the original version without taking away from this unique world. I hope those that haven’t played the original game, and those of you that played it but gave up mid-way through will take this opportunity to give the new version a try.

Oh, and I should mention that we haven’t removed the distinct look and feel that are unique to this game, so it should live up to this game's Japanese catchphrase, “this Zelda has a scary vibe.” Brace yourselves for what this world has to offer! (laughs)

When it's closer to its release date, I’ll talk more about what has been changed in the Nintendo 3DS version and its new features right here in this comunity, so stay tuned!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's pretty exciting. And it explains why Aonuma was being coy whenever asked about the game.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm at the Onox fight in Oracle of the Seasons and I think this is the biggest load of bullshit fight I've ever encountered in the Zelda games I've played. Once he summons the crystal to float around in the room with him I'm toast. Onox and the crystal move at the same speed I can't loving figure out how to get an opening big enough to spin around and injure him without hitting the crystal and losing a gently caress ton of hearts. I'm so angry!

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm at the Onox fight in Oracle of the Seasons and I think this is the biggest load of bullshit fight I've ever encountered in the Zelda games I've played. Once he summons the crystal to float around in the room with him I'm toast. Onox and the crystal move at the same speed I can't loving figure out how to get an opening big enough to spin around and injure him without hitting the crystal and losing a gently caress ton of hearts. I'm so angry!

Maybe there's something you can use to get the crystal out of the way first.

Solution:
Use the Rod of Seasons to knock it away

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

canoshiz posted:

Maybe there's something you can use to get the crystal out of the way first.

Solution:
Use the Rod of Seasons to knock it away

You've got to be kidding me, I tried everything in my inventory. I must have missed smacking that crystal by a pixel.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Once I got that crystal mixup sorted out, the fight was much more tolerable. The dragon fight was a lot of fun.

Now that the credits have rolled it looks like Twin Rova is still at large do I address this in Seasons or is it time to fire up Ages? I wrote down my "Password to Labrynna."

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It's time to fire up Ages.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Wildtortilla posted:

Once I got that crystal mixup sorted out, the fight was much more tolerable. The dragon fight was a lot of fun.

Now that the credits have rolled it looks like Twin Rova is still at large do I address this in Seasons or is it time to fire up Ages? I wrote down my "Password to Labrynna."

That's your "New Game+" password to start a file in Ages. Throughout that playthrough you will run into NPCs that have passwords that you can load in Seasons, which will then get you a password to use in Ages. These passwords typically are used for gear upgrades that are otherwise unavailable in normal gameplay.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

canoshiz posted:

That's your "New Game+" password to start a file in Ages. Throughout that playthrough you will run into NPCs that have passwords that you can load in Seasons, which will then get you a password to use in Ages. These passwords typically are used for gear upgrades that are otherwise unavailable in normal gameplay.

So I'll be bouncing between the two games now with passwords? I'm glad I have them both installed on my 3DS and didn't try to do this years ago!

Now that MM is announced as a remake, I think the community should start to pressure Nintendo to remake Link's Awakening and the Oracles games in the same style as Link Between Worlds. All the quality of life improvements in LBW's system would be excellent for these Gameboy titles.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Wildtortilla posted:

So I'll be bouncing between the two games now with passwords? I'm glad I have them both installed on my 3DS and didn't try to do this years ago!

Now that MM is announced as a remake, I think the community should start to pressure Nintendo to remake Link's Awakening and the Oracles games in the same style as Link Between Worlds. All the quality of life improvements in LBW's system would be excellent for these Gameboy titles.

Only if you really want the rewards. Alternatively, there's a tool out there that generates every password for either Oracle game, so you can use that to start a linked game and have all the passwords without having to switch games whenever someone brings up something about a password.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm glad they really put a lot of work on it. I mean, you can tell they worked on the graphical detail a lot from the previews because everything in Clocktown looks really amazing, but I'm really interested to see what they changed about the gameplay.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

haveblue posted:

How likely is it that there will be a themed 3DS for this like they did with Ocarina?

Dude, it's loving Nintendo.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

(laughs)

Bicyclops posted:

but I'm really interested to see what they changed about the gameplay.

My guess is they added a way to bypass dungeons you've already beat without having to fight the boss again. For instance, after you beat Snowhead temple you'd get a medallion (or something) that lets you melt the ice without fighting Gohma again.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
They'll probably rework the poo poo out of the Water Temple at the least.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't feel like the water temple really needs that much work. The quest leading up to it, sure, but the temple itself isn't that bad. The swamp temple is the one that I think would need the most attention. It's dark, ugly, and there's not really anything memorable about it. It even has the lamest great fairy upgrade.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

They'll probably rework the poo poo out of the Water Temple at the least.

Yeah, I can see them allowing the masks to be put on the D-Pad or something, changing how annoying the Effigy of Emptiness is, and changing the Water dungeon a bit.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

chumbler posted:

I don't feel like the water temple really needs that much work. The quest leading up to it, sure, but the temple itself isn't that bad. The swamp temple is the one that I think would need the most attention. It's dark, ugly, and there's not really anything memorable about it. It even has the lamest great fairy upgrade.

The music's great and so is the boss

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
One thing to remember is that Nintendo made MM in one year. They reused a lot of assets from OoT but with only one year of development time they didn't have time to tweak and polish the game. Even though I liked MM it felt rough around the edges to me and that's probably why. Hopefully the 3D remake will receive some much needed tweaking and polish.

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 8, 2014

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Mr E posted:

Yeah, I can see them allowing the masks to be put on the D-Pad or something, changing how annoying the Effigy of Emptiness is, and changing the Water dungeon a bit.
I want them to let us change masks with the touch screen or something.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Nihilarian posted:

Most likely they will, one of the best changes from OoT3D was making the various boots a regular item.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

They will, didn't they also change the boots to an item in OOT 3D like it is in TWW and TP?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

A shortcut to play the Elegy of Emptiness would be pretty drat good. I don't think the water temple needs a lot of work, though. It's probably my favorite one in the game.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

The swamp dungeon was the best one though, it was a great change from what the first dungeons are normally like in Zelda games and I actually liked how dark it was.

E: plus you fight two minibosses in it, how is that not cool as poo poo

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Wildtortilla posted:

go get the slayer ring before starting ages. You wouldn't think it too helpful because of all the puzzle bosses, but hell it's not like you'll be using rings for anything else but a damage boost.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D was actually in development almost immediately after we finished working on The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, which was released in June of 2011.

Haha, :smug: as gently caress over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

So they're taking 4 years to remake a game that was made in 1 year?
I'd expect some new content or some rebalancing then.

• Locked thread