Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
SAAB, by some called "the swedish Citroen". Odd for odds sake (Money for Gods sake).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Viggen posted:

No, you want the same as I do. '78 99 Turbo with louvers. In silver.

Huh, didn't realize those came out in the seventies. Pretty cool styling for that time period.

Viggen posted:

EVERY thread is a SAAB thread. :colbert:

What are we gonna do with you guys? *80s laugh track*

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 244 days!)

CharlesM posted:

Huh, didn't realize those came out in the seventies. Pretty cool styling for that time period.

One of us. One of us. One of us. ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Darchangel posted:

Jesus, guys, if you think Viggen is an awful poster, you need to venture out of AI/SA once in a while.

You sure seem to be bucking the trend here.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Viggen posted:

One of us. One of us. One of us. ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

You sure seem to be bucking the trend here.

Maybe I just have thicker skin? I dunno. I mean, I've seen dumb posts from a number of people, probably myself included, but nothing to warrant some of the abuse I see handed out. To be fair, even that abuse is milder/more reasonable than the majority of forums out there.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

goatse guy posted:

I have my range set to ten miles because anything more than that is long-distance to me. Sorry Viggen.

Is that a knock against the reliability of Saabs, or their suitability for "long-distance" drives?

10 miles is about how far we got between water top-ups during the TSD, come to think of it. The hood on the 900 I was in was definately hinged over the bumper. I have no idea how difficult a front-end swap might be.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

ExecuDork posted:

Is that a knock against the reliability of Saabs, or their suitability for "long-distance" drives?

10 miles is about how far we got between water top-ups during the TSD, come to think of it. The hood on the 900 I was in was definately hinged over the bumper. I have no idea how difficult a front-end swap might be.

I only see Tinder users within ten miles of me. I'll go much further for a car than I will for other things. ;)

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Darchangel posted:

Maybe I just have thicker skin? I dunno. I mean, I've seen dumb posts from a number of people, probably myself included, but nothing to warrant some of the abuse I see handed out. To be fair, even that abuse is milder/more reasonable than the majority of forums out there.

Shitheads will be shitheads. Life goes on :worship: thanks to SAAB.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

goatse guy posted:

I want a lot of Saabs.

I have a lot of saabs.

Including a '78 99 with louvres (in black) Hey Viggen :clint:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

goatse guy posted:

I only see Tinder users within ten miles of me. I'll go much further for a car than I will for other things. ;)

When I was a teenager, I didn't want to drive ten miles to meet up with a girl for the afternoon while her parents weren't home.

Same day my buddy and I drove 50 miles to go see a Ford GT and ride dirtbikes.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Tomarse posted:

I have a lot of saabs.

Including a '78 99 with louvres (in black) Hey Viggen :clint:

Whats your address and I need contact for next of kin.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

So anyhow I need a Viggen, a Sonett, and a '78 99 Turbo.

Apply inside. :getin:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Viggen posted:

So anyhow I need a Viggen, a Sonett, and a '78 99 Turbo.

Apply inside. :getin:

Did somebody say Sonett?

goatse guy posted:

I got a lot of crappy dates when I restricted okcupid to only people near me. Then I set it to 'any distance' and met my wife (I live in Portland OR and she lived in upstate NY at the time). So who knows, maybe your ideal match is on the other end of the country. :)

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Darchangel posted:

For the record, I think Saabs are odd, but that's cool. I respect a car company that tried to do it a little differently than everyone else was doing it.

I'm on the same page. They were far more interesting than many automakers, especially their older stuff. It's too bad their couldn't have been some kind of hybrid joining of corporations with Volvo to make an AWD Viggen R wagon :getin:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

HotCanadianChick posted:

I got a lot of crappy dates when I restricted okcupid to only people near me. Then I set it to 'any distance' and met my wife (I live in Portland OR and she lived in upstate NY at the time). So who knows, maybe your ideal match is on the other end of the country. :)

I did the long distance thing several times. Every time I say, "Never again," and this time I actually mean it.

Maybe.

I hope.

I can't deal with that emotional mess again. :smith:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

iwentdoodie posted:

When I was a teenager, I didn't want to drive ten miles to meet up with a girl for the afternoon while her parents weren't home.

Same day my buddy and I drove 50 miles to go see a Ford GT and ride dirtbikes.

I will drive halfway across the country for a rust free M816 or 5mt/4x4 subaru justy (DON'T JUDGE ME) for the right price but yeah no loving way am I ever for any reason doing long distance again, ever.

Hell, for both I might drive all the way across the country, because much like 14's honda, a justy is somewhere between "road legal UTV" and "little tykes car" in size, so I could drive home with it hanging from the hook pretty easily :v:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

goatse guy posted:

I did the long distance thing several times. Every time I say, "Never again," and this time I actually mean it.

Maybe.

I hope.

I can't deal with that emotional mess again. :smith:

We just fixed it by her flying across country to live with me :unsmith:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

kastein posted:

5mt/4x4 subaru justy (DON'T JUDGE ME)

Wasn't that the last new car sold in the US with a carburetor?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

HotCanadianChick posted:

Did somebody say Sonett?

Not sure how I feel about this..

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Oh, what the hell- I'll take it.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Viggen posted:

Oh, what the hell- I'll take it.

You'll take it and you'll like it. :colbert:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

StandardVC10 posted:

Wasn't that the last new car sold in the US with a carburetor?

It was that or the 1991 jeep grand wagoneer with a 360 V8, I forget which.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
Hey look, I found Viggen on Tinder!

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

I'd be willing to bet that I know that person one way or another. Last name isn't Hudson, is it? :v:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Viggen posted:

I'd be willing to bet that I know that person one way or another. Last name isn't Hudson, is it? :v:

No idea. Tinder doesn't show last names.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

goatse guy posted:

No idea. Tinder doesn't show last names.

First name starts with a K? I know of a few SAABophiles out your way, but haven't kept in touch with most folks over the last few years.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Viggen posted:

First name starts with a K? I know of a few SAABophiles out your way, but haven't kept in touch with most folks over the last few years.

No, but you might know some of my friends.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
SAABs suck.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
two forty seems to exist to dump on people - all over an electrical engineer in the OSHA.jpg thread, and now Viggen here. I wouldn't take what he / she / it says at all seriously. Except to note that Two Forty seems to target reliable contributors of actual content to threads, so I guess you're doing OK in that regard, Viggen.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

That I exist as a thorn in the site of someone so inconsiquential by merely existing and evoking this vitriol- I must be found something right. Hell, I don't even know what avatar is even bring mentioned. I sure was shown.

Keep on hating you mad-at-the-internet manchild.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

It was that long, needlessly/ridiculously hateful redtitle with the fairly large font. You only had it for a few days IIRC.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 9, 2014

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Tommychu posted:

It was that long, needlessly/ridiculously hateful redtitle with the fairly large font. You only had it for a few days IIRC.

Oh. The forums rumor mill placed that title on 13", ironically enough.

I think I'll have enough done to get a glamour shot of the Cheby tomorrow. Then, Sta-Bil the non-winter fleet.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Only title ive ever done was the tussen takk one that was up for like an hour before STR had to change it :haw:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Only title ive ever done was the tussen takk one that was up for like an hour before STR had to change it :haw:

I took it at face value (worth 1/10th of 1c, no actual cash value). I think the reason STR is perpetually broke is due to drunk titles. :haw:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

:getout:

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Haha I remember that, it was so good. Did he even get to see it? I feel like today's TT would appreciate it. :)

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I've only bought one. It was somewhat witty, but the wearer didn't like it and offed it like soiled trousers.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I bought a title/av for a guy in GBS that was some furry poo poo, and he had it for months because he was an old guy on dialup with avatars turned off. Douche deserved it.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
Buying angry avs is pretty passive-aggressive IMHO.

Some posters view them as a badge of honor for the recipient - it means they genuinely pissed off someone on the Internet enough for that person to drop :10bux: on an impotent statement.

I'd rather spend the money on a six pack of good beer and a bag of snacks. :munch:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I'd have worn my angry av with pride if it was at least funny in a mocking way, but it said something like "is probibily actually a rapist in real life" or something horrifying and i had to change it. So they got MY :10bux: in the end.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

My all-time favorite is still "I use road cones to funnel hot tar into my rear end in a top hat" or something to that effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Viggen posted:

My all-time favorite is still "I use road cones to funnel hot tar into my rear end in a top hat" or something to that effect.

That was Lowtax's response to some crazy goon who made a post about getting jealous because his girlfriend hugged her father or something and how he could tell his girlfriend how he felt and that she wasn't allowed to hug her dad anymore.

Naturally Lowtax told him to funnel hot tar up his rear end in a top hat with a road-cone.

• Locked thread