Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Post patch I can actually launch the game. Everything is white but I've been powering through that. When they get this thing working like it's supposed to it's going to feel really nice after playing without a map and what not for a bunch of hours. Like running after training with ankle weights or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Well, whichever item makes you spawn flies when you hit [Guppies Tail?] combined with Brimstone/Azazel makes the game into a goddamn cakewalk. I must've killed Satan in about 20 seconds tops. If only I'd unlocked the polaroid.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Here's a common and powerful combo I just ran into: Coal + Anti Grav tears. The tears hanging before they launch count as airtime, so if you let them hang for the duration of the AGrav they do some serious damage.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

If you just focus on getting the item then descending on each floor you should easily finish in under 20 minutes. I only fail usually due to obsessive use of arcades.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
How do the stone chests work? Do I have to bomb them open?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Thought I'd hate the new artwork, but got this free on the PS4 PSN+ and it looks and plays great.

They done good.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah I fully explore every single floor (aside from womb) because there might be more items! Then of course I spend time looking at the map trying to figure out the best places to waste my bombs in hopes of finding secret rooms. Then if I have spare bombs I look at all the rocks to see if they have items hidden inside and...yeah :shepface:

Choco1980 posted:

How do the stone chests work? Do I have to bomb them open?

Yes.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

First Eden try, got transcendence and some use item that makes me flash colors but didn't seem to do anything else. Transcendence was enough to carry me through a lot because flying is OP.

Ended up wrecking the heart with high damage fear tears

Also I had an easy time with the solar system challenge, I found a book of shadows.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Oh god, after like 50 losses in a row I realized that I had somehow set the game to hard mode.

When I set it back to easy the game just seemed like such a cakewalk! There were red hearts dog-gone EVERYWHERE

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Man, everyone loves Azazel, but I can't get anything going in the late game unless I've found some kind of major augment to his Brimstone. If it's still shooting barely in front of his face, I'm not beating It Lives, no loving way.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.

Well, picking up Ringworm early in the Head Trauma challenge certainly made it easier. I just had to hold fire in the general vicinity of enemies and be confident that I was hitting something.

And this monstrosity came out of a dice room (different run). It's Chocolate Milk, Blood of the Martyr, Tiny Planet, Ipecac, and Parasite. The boss rush was so much fun with that poo poo flying around in circles.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

How is Suicide King even possible? It took me 6 tries just to get out of the basement.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
This is my first total murder build. and it came after losing three in a row as maggy. The Damage was nutso plus I had tar shot and charm shot.

http://www.twitch.tv/jvanvalkenburg/c/5454576

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

dis astranagant posted:

How is Suicide King even possible? It took me 6 tries just to get out of the basement.

it goes all the way to The Chest, too :getin:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah I fully explore every single floor (aside from womb) because there might be more items! Then of course I spend time looking at the map trying to figure out the best places to waste my bombs in hopes of finding secret rooms. Then if I have spare bombs I look at all the rocks to see if they have items hidden inside and...yeah :shepface:
Just play as azazel and don't bother with anything but rushing to the boss each floor

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Alright BoI fans, I'm looking at Steam and Hero Siege keeps popping up and looks like it is trying to ape BoI enemy design. Anyone know anything about this game?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
also there's somehow people who dislike charge-shot items in this thread, so I submit for your consideration an under 3-minute chest run where everything gets shat on by polyphemus+whore of babylon+monstro's tooth, and ??? gets killed in 4 hits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdwS-vxjOkY

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I seriously can't get poo poo going in this drat game, its always bad item, after bad item, or if I get a good one, then I don't get keys/hearts etc. :smith:

11 hours, only 2 actual completed runs.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Inzombiac posted:

Alright BoI fans, I'm looking at Steam and Hero Siege keeps popping up and looks like it is trying to ape BoI enemy design. Anyone know anything about this game?

Out of all the things to copy from this game someone chose the disgusting aesthetic?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I found Infestation 2 (it's a brown spider icon) and I'm not sure what it does cause I was already Lord of the Flies with some random dice room items. Something about a spider spawning shot?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

that little meteorite can turn a decent run into a terrible run, or a good run into an incredible run. It's such a weird item.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

HGH posted:

I found Infestation 2 (it's a brown spider icon) and I'm not sure what it does cause I was already Lord of the Flies with some random dice room items. Something about a spider spawning shot?

Tear kills spawn spiders.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

HGH posted:

When you kill an enemy with your tears, it turns into a friend blue spider, ready to explode itself on monsters. You can easily overwhelm most enemies with this.

Nighthand posted:

First Eden try, got transcendence and some use item that makes me flash colors but didn't seem to do anything else.

When you're flashing rainbow colors you're invincible. Note the music speeds up too.

nogic
Jul 6, 2002

Choco1980 posted:

When you kill an enemy with your tears, it turns into a friend blue spider, ready to explode itself on monsters. You can easily overwhelm most enemies with this.

When you're flashing rainbow colors you're invincible. Note the music speeds up too.

There's an item that's a broken unicorn horn. It has a one turn charge I think. It gives you the invincibility of the unicorn horn, but not the damage. Forgot the name.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I went to my friend's tonight and we played Isaac together. And I found a GLITCH!!!! I can tell ya'll how to win challenge #8, the guppy's hairball one, real easy. But only read this if you want to do it. And yeah I'm sure others have found this but it was fun to find it by chance. So ONLY READ THIS IF you want to cheat.

basically when the second player comes in for whatever reason their familiar spawns with like 5 spirit/evil hearts. But it only takes one from you. When they leave, you get them all back!!!! So you can always be at full health. So we played that challenge together. I did as much of it as I could legit but since I found that I just decided to go through with it. And I beat suicide king later which is my favorite challenge so don't yell at me

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
with that build-up I was really hoping the spoiled text would just be 'im gay'

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Choco1980 posted:

Assaulting things with a ton of flies and spiders is one of the easiest ways to get through the game. They do insane damage compared to a regular tear, and if you get 2 or 3 items that spawn things you can just run through everything. I've had a lot of success with the cat paw thing that spawns 3 flies with a 1 room recharge. You can stack up a good ring of flies from easy rooms and unleash them at bosses and stuff.

Does my shop upgrades reset if I were to somehow bomb the donation machine under the level up thresholds? Or are they permanent.

PureQuestion
Oct 15, 2014

Made some stuff. Some of it even didn't suck.
Jesus loving christ. Epic Fetus confirmed for not nerfed. I just three shot It Lives.

Also, Are there just no unlocks for beating Mega Satan?

ArchetypeBlue
Jul 9, 2012

ASSHOLE.

I had a pretty good time with this run. Those poor spiders didn't even get to do anything half the time.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Ha if you want an easy run that lasts only 15-20 minutes at most do the slow roll run challenge. I think I killed mom in two hits. It was pretty helpful that I got some weird fly upgrade that could 1 shot all the bosses as well though. Crazy run.

edit: aww challenge runs don't count as mom kills or give you an ending. Ah well.

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 8, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hahah, wow I just oneshot a boss with Polyphemus and Azazel. That charge takes forever but it is so worth it.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Ahahaha. A dice room gave me Flaming Tears and Bob's Rotten Brain when I'd never seen either of those items before.

This build will be dubbed "You're taking damage and you don't know why."

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
Had a pretty good Cursed! run going. Figured I'd actually manage to beat it for once...and then it spawned me in Necropolis II and the final boss is a whopping twelve rooms away.

Why must this game do this to me.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Ok game, Sheol with Curse of Darkness is NOT FUN.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
If you kill Mom's Heart as part of a challenge does it count towards your wins to get It Lives and stuff like that?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Rocketlex posted:

If you kill Mom's Heart as part of a challenge does it count towards your wins to get It Lives and stuff like that?

I also want to know this, thanks game nerds.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Nothing in a challenge run counts for anything except the item you unlock for beating it. Same for seeded runs.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Guppy challenge completed by getting a ???'s soul trinket on floor two letting me completely pretend it was ghost baby's big day.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

PureQuestion posted:

Jesus loving christ. Epic Fetus confirmed for not nerfed. I just three shot It Lives.

Also, Are there just no unlocks for beating Mega Satan?

Well, the super top secret character, "The Lost" is unlocked by doing something related to that. We're not sure what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
I keep on starting up a game, not getting good upgrades and quitting out :(. All I want is crazy combos!