Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

deliverator posted:

Why did they have to announce this supercharged monstrosity just a short time after I dropped a $1k non-refundable deposit on my ZX14R. I feel like a chump. :mad:

Dont feel too bad, that bike costs $60K and likely will be sold out for the foreseeable future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Dont feel too bad, that bike costs $60K and likely will be sold out for the foreseeable future.

Also not useable on the road.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Depends on the state. :getin:

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Slim Pickens posted:

Depends on the state. :getin:

Yeah, I think all you would need to get it titled and registered for Texas is at least one mirror on the left side, a horn, blinkers, and a set of lights. Literally the same process* as getting a supermoto street legal.

* Except WRs, CRFs, and KLXs don't cost $60k :v:

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Nov 6, 2014

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
If I'm reading this right, in SC all you need is a mirror.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

SquadronROE posted:

If I'm reading this right, in SC all you need is a mirror.

Gotta have a headlight too:
http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/laws/motorcycle-equipment/ (scroll down)

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I bet you need a brake light too.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
A bike with a loving set of wings, canards and an afterburner. Disgustingly erotic

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
I don't think I've seen this posted here yet. RegularCars did a thing again.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

wtf why

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Because it is awesome.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Well that's the best thing I'll see all day.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
because Russia

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
That's a great punchline.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

nsaP posted:

because Russia

In Soviet Russia, bike pedals you.

dictionar.com posted:

This is a tough one. Following driver is always going to be technically at fault but that makes no difference between run over and not. Quick left turn after right hand exit, tricky; left across double yellow, iffy; relying on other drivers at dusk to spot a tail light and signals for an unexpected turn (especially a supermoto light setup,) ehhhhh. If you had been driving anything except a city bus it still is a tricky spot.

I've found a modulated brake light to be a wonderful thing. It's slightly obnoxious, but very noticeable to other drivers.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
http://youtu.be/lwaJwaTyOB4

this is so cool. The shot at 2:39 gave me vertigo.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I was just about to link that. Rowdy as heck

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
That owned. He shoulda turned around and gone UP the other side of the bobsled though.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
drat

drat, that was awesome.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Nitramster posted:

That was loving rad.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
That was an amazing video.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That is awesome.

I went to a show thing today and the new R1 was there. I apologise for the terrible pictures, they had it in a bizarre shipping-crate shaped, one-sided display case thing that was very poorly lit and was seemingly designed to make it as difficult as possible to actually look at the bike. Ditto the M version, which was in the open but on a constantly spinning pedestal thing for maximum irritation.

The M version is quite striking, if not exactly pretty, but the normal one that the majority of buyers will have is pretty underwhelming looking in person.

Can someone explain to me how those preload adjusters work? Does it have some sort of gear drive inside or something? I don't really understand how an off-center nut thing like that can effectively load up the spring.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Dammit! I forgot all about Big Boys Toys! Went past on my bicycle, was wondering why there was so many people in the area.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Angry Eyebrows Bike is awesome

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
It looks like they built the whole bike, and then realized they forgot to put headlights on it, and this is the result.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

It looks like they built the whole bike, and then realized they forgot to put headlights on it, and this is the result.

Now I can't unsee that.

"We forgot the lights!"
"Hey Marty, I've got a couple of maglites upstairs, we can use these ... right?"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Odette posted:

Now I can't unsee that.

"We forgot the lights!"
"Hey Marty, I've got a couple of maglites upstairs, we can use these ... right?"

See also: Speed Triple

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Did Audi buy Yamaha?

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
stickers came in:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
hipster sticker

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

nsaP posted:

hipster sticker

skin is so 2013

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Odette posted:

Dammit! I forgot all about Big Boys Toys! Went past on my bicycle, was wondering why there was so many people in the area.

Honestly wasn't that great, CRC speedshow was way better. But I guess I would've liked it more if I gave a poo poo about crossfit and Scott Dixon.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Slavvy posted:

Honestly wasn't that great, CRC speedshow was way better. But I guess I would've liked it more if I gave a poo poo about crossfit and Scott Dixon.

Armageddon would probably be better. :v:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Nitramster posted:

sweet jump but the tires ruined the video

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

nsaP posted:

hipster sticker

If liking super Mario brothers is hipster, then I don't want to be right

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

If liking super Mario brothers is hipster, then I don't want to be right

Of all things I was given that sticker by a friend because some lady knocked me off my bike with her car. She said I deserved and extra life.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
2006 BMW 1200 Trike - $24599

http://toronto.craigslist.ca/tor/mcd/4714915268.html

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I worked on a Goldwing trike once that had some kinda glass pack mufflers on it. It sounded loving awesome. Like a Porsche race car. It was so hard for me to reconcile the badass sound with the awful appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Here, have a turbocharged XR650 with some bullshit specs at the beginning of the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdh-phC8UDk

e: Same dude, I think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsqnQFb54V0

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 8, 2014