Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

SeXReX posted:

Netstorm: Islands at war

It's an RTS where you fight between flying islands and the way to win a round is to build an altar and sacrifice the other player on it.

this game loving owns

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

inexpensive meal
Jan 29, 2012

toot toot

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

that game was obviously bad, even as a kid.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

paging heeheex2 to this thread

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

paging heeheex2 to this thread

He doesn't internet anymore he just works and bangs his girlfriend he met via twitch chat.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

SeXReX posted:

He doesn't internet anymore he just works and bangs his girlfriend he met via twitch chat.

all that streaming finally paying off? nice.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

i really hope this game was actually good

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

That game is far from bad.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

No matter how nostalgic I get I can't seem to enjoy this game

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

metricchip posted:

No matter how nostalgic I get I can't seem to enjoy this game

lol two buddies were playing this when I came over to hang. it was on the dream cast and despite their best efforts they could not convince me that they were having fun

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

is the new gauntlet any good

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

A Spider Covets posted:

but i havent played it as an adult so idk if its actually bad. i may have to install it tonight and see. it just looks like its bad to me, if you are not eight.

Get the mods for the game to make the norns not retarded, get a monitor program to micromanage the stuff and remove maximum population limits.

Watch as you come back in 10 hours and see a digital ant farm. It's pretty amazing how messed up the norns can get through generations of breeding. I left it going for a weekend unattended and while the average norn dies of old age after 10 hours I had an entire world filled when I got back.

Mind you I locked the progenitor norns in a single room and took away the submarine. They were all over the place which means they learned. The GOG version comes with everything.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Nov 8, 2014

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

This series brought out the weird in people that were already extremely weird.

For some reason, I found the whole thing incredibly depressing.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Clayfighter

Qwad
May 1, 2006

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

Iron Casanova posted:

Such a disappointing sequel.

Such a boring game,but I didn't mind it back in the day.

I knew this wasn't gonna be as good as Phantasy Star 2 because it had 1 less Mega Memory. Still paid 85 bucks for it though.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

The Settlers II owned though.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

inexpensive meal
Jan 29, 2012

toot toot

fronz posted:

that game was obviously bad, even as a kid.

Actually, it was amazing.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Clockwork Knight rules and has the best OP of all time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Real answer though

i came here to post this

i could never loving beat it as a kid, a few years ago i emulated it and found out why. game was full of dumb horseshit, and after you beat the god drat thing your reward was a cutscene of bart getting off the machine. god drat what a loving lovely game

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
rename thread to 'sierra megathread'

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I would rent the poo poo out of King of the Monsters 1 and 2 for the Genesis. West Coast video wound up getting their copies stolen so years later I came across a copy of each used for 6 bucks each.

I also bought the videogame Balls to complete the trifecta of games I rented but was never able to buy.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

sonic the hedgehog 1-3. i thought they were rad as a kid but looking at them now they are pretty much garbage other than the music/visuals (and most of sonic 1 actually looks pretty bad). it's like sega went forward in time, saw all of the really, really great things about super meat boy's mechanics, and then went back to the 90s to do the exact opposite.

camera waaaaay too close in to see anything coming, momentum based movement that feels incredibly unresponsive and slow, constantly waiting long periods of time for platforms, level design that doesnt encourage speed outside of the first couple stages of each game, a retarded health mechanic, and the sections where you actually go fast play themselves. but when i was a kid he was just a cool hedgehog dude and oh man look how fast this part is and how great this game looks

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Soral
May 30, 2009

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lol dude named hoar (whore)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

wasnt this the game where on top of being bad luke was horribly overpowered and wiped the floor with all the other random gangsters that made up the cast?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Was this actually a bad game? I haven't played it in a long-rear end time.

Soral
May 30, 2009

seiferguy posted:

the first level owns really hard and the rest is really terrible

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Soral posted:

Yeah I suppose the platforming in that game was pretty bad.

Since we're talking Star Wars:

The first and third ones were good. This one was hot garbage.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Soral posted:

the first level is like jedi outcast good and yeah it quickly loving plummets

theres a level where you get a jetpack and you think "oh boy poo poo is about to get real" but you just get extremely lost in a maze of brown walls

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

Vargs posted:

sonic the hedgehog 1-3. i thought they were rad as a kid but looking at them now they are pretty much garbage other than the music/visuals (and most of sonic 1 actually looks pretty bad). it's like sega went forward in time, saw all of the really, really great things about super meat boy's mechanics, and then went back to the 90s to do the exact opposite.

camera waaaaay too close in to see anything coming, momentum based movement that feels incredibly unresponsive and slow, constantly waiting long periods of time for platforms, level design that doesnt encourage speed outside of the first couple stages of each game, a retarded health mechanic, and the sections where you actually go fast play themselves. but when i was a kid he was just a cool hedgehog dude and oh man look how fast this part is and how great this game looks

Sonic games get better when you know the layout of the stage, the game really is fast when you know what you're doing.

seiferguy posted:

I remember really liking the Ord Mantell level a lot.

seiferguy posted:

I love all 3 of those games, they're pretty much the same game bar the levels.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

seiferguy posted:

Stegosaurus
Sep 30, 2005

yeah it was like, we came in one day and there was a five-seven just chillin on airbus two. we were like, 'the hell?'
All of them lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Dingus they invented the rumble pack for the n64, not the SNES.

• Locked thread