Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

We are looking at $100-$105. I am going to try to get to that $100 mark because it is just easier.

Also... would you happen to be interested in a Jeff Carter rookie/jersey auto SPed /499 from SPX? I bought a box a few years back hoping to get one of the SPs (Carter, Ovechkin, Crosby) and ended up with a Carter, not bad. If you open a pretty hit from this case, I might try to tempt you with it ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Will be coming by to watch because hockey cards are awesome and the Christmas break is coming :getin:

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Wolf I would love a carter, I wear his kings jersey to games and bars and stuff. Let's wait till after the break, hopefully I'll get a cool non-kings hit i can trade!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Nitramster posted:

Wolf I would love a carter, I wear his kings jersey to games and bars and stuff. Let's wait till after the break, hopefully I'll get a cool non-kings hit i can trade!

Cool, we will talk, I have a number of lesser Kings things I can swap too should some cool stuff come up but it is not a 'big fish', but it is nice to know I have a big fish if you do hit something of high value. Also I think you are cool with this (because it is a rookie card and all) but he is obviously in his Flyers jersey on it.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Yea as a Kings fan I've come to like philly as a farm team, :)

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Nitramster posted:

#ShotsFired

I wonder if this is how the rest of the NHL thinks of the oilers? Just awaiting relegation back down to the AHL?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

I'm actually befuddled by how bad they are. How can you have that much talent and suck so bad?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Payment sent, hope to see some good stuff.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Nitramster posted:

Oh snap. :drat:

Won't be able to watch the break as I'll be in vegas for work and a little bit of pleasure. You can basically count me in for the xmas break though. Good luck this weekend guys!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Cards ordered, see everyone Saturday, if you can not make it, please try to get a list out to me.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

darkwolf220 posted:

I'm actually befuddled by how bad they are. How can you have that much talent and suck so bad?

Coaching changes every year

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Seems as good of a time as any to plug this. http://www.comc.com/Users/surmy,sl,i100

Go buy some of Surmy's hockey cards!

Saving up to cash-out for 600$ worth of box buying credit. After which I'll open a bunch of boxes :D.

Surmy fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 6, 2014

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Surmy posted:

Seems as good of a time as any to plug this. http://www.comc.com/Users/surmy,sl,i100

Go buy some of Surmy's hockey cards!

Saving up to cash-out for 600$ worth of box buying credit. After which I'll open a bunch of boxes :D.

How well do cards sell on there? Only big name stuff or the little $2> stuff?

Also did you get rid of those Teemu and Mario silhouettes? I'd still like a photo ;)

Surmy
May 25, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

How well do cards sell on there? Only big name stuff or the little $2> stuff?

Also did you get rid of those Teemu and Mario silhouettes? I'd still like a photo ;)

I never had a Mario silhouette. I could only wish. I'll get pictures of what I have for this weekend.

I sell everything pretty evenly. Lower end stuff tends to go for more then ebay. Think basic titanium jerseys selling for 3-8$/ea.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Is it time to plug comc accounts? http://www.comc.com/Users/mobster,sl,i100

What sells for me is the under $3 stuff. I hope to move the more expensive stuff around black friday.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

^^ Bought one of your things :)

Oh look, a giant box of cards came in the mail today. Things look on track for Saturday, a couple of you still need to send payment in, but I know you will.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Today!!

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Surmy I'm gonna buy that deHaan you have

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

What time is cards tonight?

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Quantrill posted:

What time is cards tonight?

8pm est? I think? Surmy send me a text when you are popping in the room, this daylight savings thing is the worst for me

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

8PM EST. About 4.5 hours from now. I will be there around half an hour early to get things set up.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
CNC can suck it, I paid 9.99 for the /25 version of the card that they're selling the /199 version of for 50-90.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Gunjin posted:

CNC can suck it, I paid 9.99 for the /25 version of the card that they're selling the /199 version of for 50-90.

oh can we talk about bad sellers?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-13-Upper...=item43ce2b83c9

just bought one for 12 as a buy it now. but nope, its worth 50 to them. Suck it CNC.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-13-12-...=item4872a39995

Same deal, guy had it at 250, now its 125, he blocked me when i offered him 75 the first time around. He still hasnt gotten an offer over 75 from anyone. Part of me is tempted to buy it and give his communication feedback as terrible just cause he's a douche.

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT

Gunjin posted:

I saw them here at the Toronto expo on Friday. They were wearing full suits and tie when everyone else was just wearing their street clothes. I just thought the contrast looked funny and how full of themselves they are.

Their prices at local shows aren't as bad as what they try to sell stuff for on eBay.

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.
Break is on in... An hour yes?

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Krigen posted:

Break is on in... An hour yes?

Yes, in about 50 minutes now

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.

Quantrill posted:

Yes, in about 50 minutes now

Thanks! Everyone's timezones are changing and daylight savingsing and I didn't trust google to give me the right time. :)

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Channel link again plz.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

https://breakers.tv/darkwolf220

I am in chat setting things up if you wanna mingle.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Heading out to my friends house to get some burgers before we take off for the kings game at staples at 6, so I hope we can get started on time-ish.

Also just got this in the mail today:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ho-Ho-Holiday Break Time! :siren:

It is that special time of the year and I want to make sure it is a good one. This break will feature 15 spots at $100 per spot. Each spot gets you 2 teams. What are we breaking today?

12x 13-14 Panini Crown Royale (sealed case)
1x 13-14 Panini National Treasures :stare:

1: darkwolf220 PAID
2: Ashe PAID
3: Krigen PAID
4: Danny LaFever PAID
5: anotherblownsave PAID
6: Surmy PAID
7: Nitramster PAID
8: Schremp Howard PAID
9: shyduck PAID
10: Quantrill PAID
11: Sharp_Angus PAID
12: Thompson PAID
13: Pudding PAID
14: Danny LaFever PAID
15: Ashe PAID

That is ~56 hits plus at least 2 1/1s. Crown Royale delivers amazing bank for your buck. I expect between 3 and 6 silhouettes and the top rookies are worth a TON. I have not seen a box of NT yet that has disappointed and I doubt there is one out there. Will we hit a rookie tag /3? Maybe a crazy 20+ team booklet? Or a loving DIAMOND.

Special rules:
If you want a spot, great, please post like normal. If you want 2, say you would like two and I will put you down for one and put you on a list for a second spot. After 1 week, if all the spots are not filled, I will add in names for a second spot in the order they came in. This is to ensure that EVERYONE has a chance to be in this break.

If you have never broken with us before, feel free to ask for a spot. I will put you on the top of the list of spots that have to wait 1 week. I love your interest, but this is first and foremost a thank you break and I would like to reward those who have broken with me this year. Fear not, you will likely get in anyway.

Payment for this break is due THURSDAY, DECEMBER 4th. It is very important that we can get payments in early or on time, this is a lot to be on my personal credit card! The break is scheduled for SATURDAY, DECEMBER 13th at 8PM EST.

Good luck to everyone, happy holidays!

e: Going to throw this out there now, in case we need it. If NT is out of stock/shoots up in price, we will go with 13-14 The Cup. If CR goes out of stock/way up in price we will go with a case of 13-14 Select instead. I doubt this will happen though.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 6, 2014

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

Ho-Ho-Holiday Break Time! :siren:

It is that special time of the year and I want to make sure it is a good one. This break will feature 15 spots at $100 per spot. Each spot gets you 2 teams. What are we breaking today?

12x 13-14 Panini Crown Royale (sealed case)
1x 13-14 Panini National Treasures :stare:

1: darkwolf220
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:

That is ~56 hits plus at least 2 1/1s. Crown Royale delievers amazing bank for your buck. I expect between 3 and 6 silhouettes and the top rookies are worth a TON. I have not seen a box of NT yet that has not disappointed and I doubt there is one out there. Will we hit a rookie tag /3? Maybe a crazy 20+ team booklet? Or a loving DIAMOND.

Special rules:
If you want a spot, great, please post like normal. If you want 2, say you would like two and I will put you down for one and put you on a list for a second spot. After 1 week, if all the spots are not filled, I will add in names for a second spot in the order they came in. This is to ensure that EVERYONE has a chance to be in this break.

If you have never broken with us before, feel free to ask for a spot. I will put you on the top of the list of spots that have to wait 1 week. I love your interest, but this is first and foremost a thank you break and I would like to reward those who have broken with me this year. Fear not, you will likely get in anyway.

Payment for this break is due THURSDAY, DECEMBER 4th. It is very important that we can get payments in early or on time, this is a lot to be on my personal credit card! The break is scheduled for SATURDAY, DECEMBER 13th at 8PM EST.

Good luck to everyone, happy holidays!

One spot please. One Tenative please.

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I would be down for two by the special rules. No chance of that happening, this will fill up fast. Thanks for the break today Dark.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I want one.

and I'll take a second if it doesn't fill.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

One please (2 if it doesn't fill)
Also all the crown base please!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Break Highlights!

Ovechkin Luxury Suite stick, Robert Mayer Rookie Silhouette /99, Torey Krug Titanium Rookie Draft Parallel /100, Krug Rookie Treasures /699, Reilly Smith dual patch/auto /50, CBJ Royale Lineage /50, Silferberg dual patch/auto /50, Brodeur Prizm gold /10, Toews silhouette auto.

Not pictured because redemptions are boring to look at: Chris Kreider Rookie Silhouette Prime /99

Thank again everyone who participated, will try to get these out Monday.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Work was long and such, are any of those beauties headed my way?

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Schremp Howard posted:

are any of those beauties headed my way?

ditto

Surmy
May 25, 2010

threedo, what teams did we all get?

PS 2 in teh break please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Ill take a spot. Bummed I had to miss out on the 2nd half of the break. Not bummed kings are up 4-0 right now.

• Locked thread