Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur best game ever
Thief 2: The Metal Age
the wrong answer
View Results

• Locked thread
Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Nekodoshi posted:

my mom went to rehab for Benzo addiction the year that game came out, and I kinda locked myself in my room for those five months, and Kh was one of the games I occupied myself with. I guess it's a reminder that I was able to eventually grow from that experience, and reconciled the fact that I was a really lovely daughter, too.
Dang, girl. I was just being snide. You ain't gotta spill the contents of your guts all over my embroidered shirt and boat shoes.

And you may not have been the perfect daughter, but at least you weren't addicted to benzos.

Earthbound is a very special game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
my favourite character is link from nintendo because he has a sword and beats up the bad guys and doesnt have a dad to tell him what not todo

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Megaman Legends
Monster Rancher
SotN
Harvest Moon (snes)

In that order :|

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

That loving Sned posted:

Any reason why? I've got all three games and am going to play them in order, so I'm just curious why the third game isn't considered as good.

Oh don't get me wrong, Pikmin 3 is still a really good game. It just took a departure from the stuff I really liked In Pikmin 2, which was the dungeon exploration. I really liked that part of the game and felt it could of been improved in a lot of ways to be even better, but instead they dropped it. Also I never felt like the controls for the gamepad worked as well as the simple gamecube controller set up. The gamepad was nifty but the lack of C stick direction really bugged me because it made manipulating the swarm in specific ways a lot harder.

Of course there's also the fact that a huge load of nostalgia can make any old game seem better than what comes after it.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Super Smash Bros./Goldeneye/Mario Kart 64 + 3 friends

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
sorry I thought thread asked me for my favourite video game character

favourite game is link

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Digimon World for the PSX.

Jive One
Sep 11, 2001

Read a book instead.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Super Smash Bros./Goldeneye/Mario Kart 64 + 3 friends

Best Answer.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Lunar the Silver Star, and Eternal Blue (sega CD)

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFN0GLAMJ3k

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

almost

almost

first game is better

Tony Bologna
Sep 21, 2007

Talk real good 'cause I'm smart and stuff
King's Field 1-4, natch
followed by Shadow Tower
Eternal Ring gets honorable mentions
Otogi for sure

For real though, Jedi Knight Academy, only for the multiplayer, god drat that poo poo was awesome.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh don't get me wrong, Pikmin 3 is still a really good game. It just took a departure from the stuff I really liked In Pikmin 2, which was the dungeon exploration. I really liked that part of the game and felt it could of been improved in a lot of ways to be even better, but instead they dropped it. Also I never felt like the controls for the gamepad worked as well as the simple gamecube controller set up. The gamepad was nifty but the lack of C stick direction really bugged me because it made manipulating the swarm in specific ways a lot harder.

Of course there's also the fact that a huge load of nostalgia can make any old game seem better than what comes after it.

Thanks. I'm sure the way the time limit is handled in each game also affects how much people might like them. In Pikmin 1 you have a hard time limit of 30 days to get all your ship parts, Pikmin 2 has no time limit, and Pikmin 3 lets you keep going as long as you get enough fruit. It's good that you can retry a day if you felt it wasn't used efficiently, but it can feel a bit stressful despite it being more than enough time.

I might as well nominate Majora's Mask for best use of a time limit. It's not really the same as Dead Rising or Lightning Returns where resetting is just for new game+ or when you really gently caress up, it's an integral part of the game. Time isn't lost forever, it's an hourglass you keep turning over, and you just need to finish your current task before it runs out. Upgrades you collect, sidequests you complete, and dungeons you finish are permanently saved.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Original Sims, 1 room efficiency, all items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Bubble Bobble

• Locked thread