Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Sylphid posted:

Shirou rationalizes it to Taiga and Sakura by saying she's from overseas and she, like her name implies, is "blunt". They basically buy that explanation, but it's just not something that ever comes up or is really important in the VN.

I can see why Taiga buys it. I mean, why wouldn't you? But Sakura buying it given what she knows has always made no sense whatsoever. Though given Sakura, I wouldn't be surprised if it was really: "I know she's a servant, but I'm not going to do meantion anything about it because that might make Shirou not like me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

CottonWolf posted:

I can see why Taiga buys it. I mean, why wouldn't you? But Sakura buying it given what she knows has always made no sense whatsoever. Though given Sakura, I wouldn't be surprised if it was really: "I know she's a servant, but I'm not going to do meantion anything about it because that might make Shirou not like me."

That seemed to be the implication of that lingering shot of Sakura as Shirou and Taiga walk ahead.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

CottonWolf posted:

That is precisely the case.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
There's anime only stuff all over the place now. Good stuff too.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Rodyle posted:

That is precisely the case.

Incidentally, she's not completely freaking out because she already saw the marks on his hand earlier. So she's been resigned to him being a master for a few days.

Jackster
Nov 10, 2012
The eye scene was really gross. Thank god it didn't last that long.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

gosh rin that wasn't very nice at all!

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I honestly forgot there was a scene with Rider, but I was anxious for Machinegun-Thosaka

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Should I be hating Sakura?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
No?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I really like the Shirou/Rin dynamic :frogbon:

Grouchio posted:

Plenty do, though I don't know what in this episode would have caused you to do so. She's more or less a non-entity at this juncture.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
That was some serious Nisekoi-face from Rin in her first scene.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

My main reason to watch UBW is for the Rin faces.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Grouchio posted:

Her Taiga impression was pretty cool.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Rin and Shirou is kinda like the one eyed girl leading the blind guy. It works out well though, because they both have good intentions, despite being dumber than a sack of bricks and dumber than an entire brick building respectively.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Wow Rin is really bad at this whole "ruthless mage" thing.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Even having played the VN, I don't really get the line in the first or second episode about Rin saying "Why did it have to be you?" Err, was she supposed to be on friendly terms with him? Because I thought they only were acquaintances? What, she had a crush on him or something?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Should ask in the Type moon thread. I guess I'll go ahead and answer there.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Dessel posted:

Even having played the VN, I don't really get the line in the first or second episode about Rin saying "Why did it have to be you?" Err, was she supposed to be on friendly terms with him? Because I thought they only were acquaintances? What, she had a crush on him or something?
Rin's next line is "How am I suppose to look her in the eye tomorrow?"

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Stall_19 posted:

Rin's next line is "How am I suppose to look her in the eye tomorrow?"
This struck me as weird anyway though because, at least as far as the show goes, she barely seems to interact with Sakura at all.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Apparently I have the wrong version of the Encylopedia Britannia, because my doesn't have a 'Magic and Wizards: Fuyuki Holy Grail Library' portion.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Dessel posted:

I mean yes she does, but she's mostly talking about Sakura.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007

Jackster posted:

The eye scene was really gross. Thank god it didn't last that long.

Just for you :love:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Why are bad guys always so desperate to run away that they can't wait the 0.5 seconds it would take to actually kill their victom?

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Qwertycoatl posted:

Why are bad guys always so desperate to run away that they can't wait the 0.5 seconds it would take to actually kill their victom?

In Berserker's case, he was getting nowhere against Saber / Archer, and Ilya withdrew him to prevent the situation from getting any worse.

In Rider's case, Rin showing up scared her off, and her Master significantly prevents her from fighting at full strength. Like she says, her Master is a coward and doesn't like to do anything that involves fighting people who can fight back.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Sylphid posted:

In Berserker's case, he was getting nowhere against Saber / Archer, and Ilya withdrew him to prevent the situation from getting any worse.

In Rider's case, Rin showing up scared her off, and her Master significantly prevents her from fighting at full strength. Like she says, her Master is a coward and doesn't like to do anything that involves fighting people who can fight back.

It was also more because Rider wasn't actually trying to kill Shirou, she was just trying to force Shirou to use a command seal so she could cut off his arm and take the command seal as shown in the bad end of that scene. In other words, Rider was just toying with Shirou, and Shinji doesn't exactly want to kill Shirou yet.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Some random stuff from the episode.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 10, 2014

Kubla Khan
Jun 20, 2014

nielsm posted:

My main reason to watch UBW is for the Rin faces.
:agreed:

Will there be Saber v. the 'fake' Assassin next episode? I want to believe.

Kubla Khan fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 9, 2014

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean yes she does, but she's mostly talking about Sakura.

Wait, really? I was thinking Taiga.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Wait, really? I was thinking Taiga.

She acknowledges Taiga, but if you watched episode 0, I thought it as pretty obvious she was talking about Sakura. Rin may suck at a lot of things, but the fact she keeps an eye on her and still calls Sakura by her given name with no honorific (while you'll notice Sakura calls Rin, "Tohsaka-senpai") is pretty indicative.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Kubla Khan posted:

:agreed:

Will there be Saber v. the 'fake' Assassin next episode? I want to believe.

Doubt it, I think we'll get a big talky episode next, then an action heavy episode, like they did it with the Berserker fight.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

PunkBoy posted:

Some random stuff from the episode.

I love that this is immediately followed up by Shirou yelling "Ha, you didn't kill me instantly, you must be a poo poo Servant!" and then getting hung like a butchered pig.

Ufotable are loving kicks in their fight scenes this time around.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Why wouldn't you when there likely isn't a weapon that can cut your leg? :)

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

Scrree posted:

I love that this is immediately followed up by Shirou yelling "Ha, you didn't kill me instantly, you must be a poo poo Servant!" and then getting hung like a butchered pig.

Rider = best Servant. It doesn't matter which war; Rider is always the best Servant.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Actually that's for Lancer and Archer.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Boo, they skipped the part with Issei.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

archer using a bow again?!

I don't know what to make of this world where archers use bows

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Bholder posted:

Boo, they skipped the part with Issei.

I'm pretty sure that you are not remembering correctly the timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Can I say it? Please?

PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE!

• Locked thread