Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smg77
Apr 27, 2007
I nodded at Christopher Lloyd once. He countered with a raised eyebrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

smg77 posted:

I nodded at Christopher Lloyd once. He countered with a raised eyebrow.

You don't know how to nod :smug:

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
He couldn't figure out what movie you were from. The nod is a symbol of solidarity unique to actors who have played time travelers.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Christopher Lloyd should star in a Doctor Who episode, a DeLorean crashes into the tardis, hijinx ensue.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Kurtofan posted:

, hijinx ensue.

that is how every show should be

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Holy crap, a whole bunch of Power rangers just appeared on Netflix (in Canada at least, I dunno about US). Watching the first episode for a huge nostalgia burst.

Watching as an adult, it really is terrible though, the acting is just awful and the segments with Rita are so obviously dubbed, it's hilarious.

The music is rockin' though.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Spalec posted:

Holy crap, a whole bunch of Power rangers just appeared on Netflix (in Canada at least, I dunno about US). Watching the first episode for a huge nostalgia burst.

Watching as an adult, it really is terrible though, the acting is just awful and the segments with Rita are so obviously dubbed, it's hilarious.

The music is rockin' though.

Can't enjoy power rangers since I found out that Haim Saban bullied the blue ranger every day for being gay and encouraged the crew to do the same, eventually causing him to quit the show.

In my dreams the team comes together to karate chop that fat gently caress for homophobia, saving Billy and teaching him that it's ok to be gay.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Haim Saban is a war monger that wants Iran to be bombed back into the stone age and probably eats Palestinian children for dinner.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Didn't that dude go to prison at some point or something?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Is anybody else watching season 3 of The Newsroom? It's still pretty bad, though the awful romance elements have been aggressively toned down. The Internet remains evil.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sir Kodiak posted:

Is anybody else watching season 3 of The Newsroom? It's still pretty bad, though the awful romance elements have been aggressively toned down. The Internet remains evil.

I really enjoyed it because of the lack of romance bullshit

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

It's still a bad show - the basic premise of creating a noble news agency is laughably misguided and unappealing - but, yeah, this was an okay start to the season.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

It feels so great to have The Comeback back. Nothing like a good dose of :stare: to wrap up the weekend.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Jack Gladney posted:

Can't enjoy power rangers since I found out that Haim Saban bullied the blue ranger every day for being gay and encouraged the crew to do the same, eventually causing him to quit the show.

In my dreams the team comes together to karate chop that fat gently caress for homophobia, saving Billy and teaching him that it's ok to be gay.
Watch Super Sentai.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Holy poo poo guys, watch Transparent.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
^^ Hilarious show. My house is going to love it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Apropos of nothing, I was listening to Rob Paulsen's podcast last night when I suddenly realized that his voice for Pinky is eerily similar to how David Tennant sounds as Doctor Who's Tenth Doctor.

I'm now incredibly disappointed that I'll never hear the Doctor shriek "narf!"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ravane posted:

This is Christopher Lloyd too?

I thought it was Jake Johnson!

It's eerie.

We're sure they're not related? He should have played his Dad on the show.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Timby posted:

Apropos of nothing, I was listening to Rob Paulsen's podcast last night when I suddenly realized that his voice for Pinky is eerily similar to how David Tennant sounds as Doctor Who's Tenth Doctor.

I'm now incredibly disappointed that I'll never hear the Doctor shriek "narf!"

Umm... I'm pretty sure they sound nothing alike, aside from Pinky's vaguely british-ish accent.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yer, not even a little bit close.
Tennant just looked like he was eating a invisible apple while doing it.

Pinky's defining englishism is the Rhotacism.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I'm not seeing it either but the mental image of Tennant doing one of his "I'm so so so sorry" lines punctuated by NARF kind of works.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

For me it's when Tennant starts going all squeaky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szuP0oBZX4g&t=129s

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hmmm... yer it's there alright. Case closed.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Really looking forward to season 2 of The Fall that starts on thursday.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Just in: Starz orders Evil Dead straight to series. Bruce Campbell will star, Sam Raimi will direct the pilot.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

This thread my be my only hope. Did anyone happen to catch the end of this week's "90 Day Fiance"? There is a hilarious "next time..." done by one of the cast members and I need a gif of it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

What What What?!?! Holy jeez my childhood!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

gently caress yes, Evil Dead: The Series. I was actually watching the last 20 minutes of the 2013 remake last night and was wondering if there was anything going on in regards to the sequel to that and the proposed movie that would tie both universes together. This is amazing, I hope it's good. Also awesome that Bruce Campbell is going to be starring in a series in loving 2015.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I want to believe if it's something that got Bruce back in the saddle for Ash, it will be something amazing.

The only real doubt I have is can a 56 year old Bruce Campbell really do all the physical work anymore?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

bull3964 posted:

I want to believe if it's something that got Bruce back in the saddle for Ash, it will be something amazing.

The only real doubt I have is can a 56 year old Bruce Campbell really do all the physical work anymore?

He breaks inert skeletons and cracks wise. How physical do you have to be?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He lost a ton of weight for Burn Notice, so he can still get back in shape. Hopefully he won't be getting any cameras thrown at his head.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

didn't he say he wanted the newest evil dead to be a torch-passing to the younger generation

because the new evil dead is so, so good and I really loved how badass the new female protag is

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Toxxupation posted:

didn't he say he wanted the newest evil dead to be a torch-passing to the younger generation

because the new evil dead is so, so good and I really loved how badass the new female protag is

It sounds like a sequel to the remake is still in the works, though I'd wait and see how staffing on this show shakes out. The plan was supposed to be "Army of Darkness 2, Evil Dead 2, then a film that teams up Ash and Mia." Now that there's a series, Raimi might just bring in Fede Alvarez and they might just merge the stories right there.

BTW: The current best show that you guys are probably not watching is Sonic Highways. Fantastic documentary series.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The Rumble McSkirmish episode of Gravity Falls is amazing.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
In Bada Bing Theory, Howard Wallowitz's (the creepy guy) mom's actor just died. Hopefully this brings some actual character development to bada bang theory.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Working that Sopranos joke a little too hard there, bro. Maybe throw in a Big Bong Theory, Big Band Theory, Bad Bond Theory or a Bored Bland Theory next time.

Shame about Howard's mother, though. She was only 62.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Ravane posted:

In Bada Bing Theory, Howard Wallowitz's (the creepy guy)

He's like the least creepy one tbf

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

TNT has canceled Franklin & Bash after four seasons. :(

The move comes a week after Kevin Reilly, who was forced out at Fox in May, was announced as the new head of TNT and TBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
How on earth did Franklin and Bash make it to 4 seasons? I feel like they pushed it hard before the first season then I never heard a thing about it again. I actually thought the one or two promos I saw for it over the summer were for the 2nd season.

• Locked thread